Rules Arbitration

load previous
Aug 23, 2015 6:31 am
Correct, no need for climbing rolls if you have the ropes secured. It's just slow going and you only have the five ropes so you'll have to use them wisely.

Jabes: I have calculated the weight of your goods to be 55lbs. If you were to set them down on the ledge and then take people, you could lift up to 150 (10 STRx15) or 300 (with Bulls Strength). You would have to roll a Constitution saving throw after each trip at DC 10+(the number of trips you have taken). Your teammates weigh, using the average weight of their race plus their gear weight: Ai Shan 241 (118+123), Kildrak 210 (122+88), Cassandra 285 (170+115), and Urki 230 (36+194). You would need Bull's Strength to lift any one by themselves and have to make a Con save after every trip (four Con saves DCs 11, 12, 13, 14).

So yes, it's possible but definitely a strain on your endurance.
Aug 25, 2015 8:44 am
Ok, I'm going for it. Fēng is going to need that Bull's strength, Harlandski. I'm hoping that by climbing, the rest will make it a little easier for Fēng on the subsequent trips. I will have to decide later about Fēng's backpack. Contents are: bedroll, mess kit, tinderbox, torches (10), rations (10), waterskin. I think he'd survive without it for a while but that pack lying there in the dust is going to be a dead giveaway so yeah he'll definitely have to go back for it once he's got everyone up top.
Quote:
"The Four Winds take me, Cassandra, how can such a frail woman as yourself weigh so much?!"
Why does she weigh more than anyone else? LOL!

Ok, I just rolled 3 failures and 1 success....
Aug 25, 2015 2:27 pm
As I said, I used the average weight of the races. Online I could not find anything more than the genasi wiki page with no differentiation between the four sub races. 170 was the average. Genies must weigh a whole ton more than they look.

The three failures means three levels of exhaustion.
Aug 25, 2015 2:45 pm
Haha I was just joking around, not questioning your computations :-)

Exhaustion, wow. Well can we say Feng stopped trying after feeling the effects of 1st or even the 2nd level of exhaustion?
Aug 25, 2015 5:23 pm
As far as I'm concerned, you've only brought Cassandra to the top according to your original post (and then failed the 1st save). You also seem to have encouraged the others to start climbing. If you took others up though, we would use those rolls so you can sort of decide how exhausted you'll get since you can see the results already.
Aug 25, 2015 5:41 pm
In other words, after carrying Cassandra, Feng is now at exhaustion level 1. I think he'll go ahead and take another party member up before deciding he can't take any more. What about going back for his pack? Will that exhaust him further?
Aug 25, 2015 6:15 pm
No it will not.
Sep 13, 2015 3:52 am
Our mission is to retrieve an artifact (do we have a description of it?), not necessarily to take down Shimazu, right? So theoretically we could accomplish the mission without a fight, right? But yeah, can't blame Ai Shan for jumping right in, because that's his personality. And Cassandra's personality is that she follows whoever leads, so there she goes. I suppose if/when Ai Shan attacks, Fēng will join the fight as a matter of honor. And because, to his monastery masters' constant frustration, he's young and impulsive. :-D
Sep 18, 2015 8:41 am
Jabes.plays.RPG, I feel bad that, as one of the healers of the group Cassandra can't do anything about your exhaustion, but Cure Wound doesn't cut it, and in the absence of a specific effect, it seems a long rest is all that will help you... Oh and that we're all acting pretty unreflective and bloodthirsty, but as you say it fits our characters...
Sep 18, 2015 10:55 am
I'm quite happy with everyone's roleplaying, actually. I feel that everybody's actions are true to their characters :-) I don't know if even a long rest will cure the exhaustion. But I chose this and knew I'd have to deal with the consequences.
Oct 1, 2015 5:45 pm
Game play has stalled, are we waiting for something? :-)
Oct 1, 2015 8:10 pm
all the players have made a move so we're waiting on the DM. It was getting really tense so I was excited about it.
Oct 1, 2015 8:36 pm
Yeah I hope this game hasn't died! It's been one of my favorite games! We already lost Kildrak because Foolsmask went on hiatus, I hope we haven't lost our DM as well! Hoping TMK will be back soon :-)
Oct 4, 2015 6:53 am
I'm still subscribed so I'm always ready for it to resume. At any minute. Whenever you guys are ready. :D
Oct 5, 2015 1:12 am
Also standing by... :-)
Oct 7, 2015 1:46 am
Sorry all for the standby. I had a funeral in the family and then a wedding for a friend that I was de facto best man/officiant for. I'm sorry to have left it at so tense a moment. I will write up a post tonight and get things going again. I'll probably be a bit less active though so lets try to post 1/2-3 days? Again sorry to vanish.
Oct 7, 2015 6:03 am
I'm so sorry for your loss.I'm glad you're back but totally understand that real life must be priority.
Oct 7, 2015 11:13 am
My condolences. I understand the need for less frequent posts, and am happy we can continue.
Oct 7, 2015 8:22 pm
2-3 posts per week works fine for me. Glad to see you back. condolences.
Oct 13, 2015 8:47 am
Just to be clear, Fēng didn't hover uselessly just watching the combat and then let the Samurai escape, thought it seems that way because of the timing of the posts.

He came over the wall right behind Ai Shan and Cassandra. Though he hesitated to hit the meditating samurai (would have preferred to challenge her openly) he would have joined in once the fight began but the samurai took off. He took a quick moment to look back over the wall to check on the incoming crow riders to get a full assessment of the situation, and that's where we're at. ;-)
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.