Welcome/game help/general chat

load previous
Oct 19, 2015 6:51 pm
Ah, excellent! By my vision of the scene, there's only two conscious rats on the stairs I'd need to step past. I'll do it.
Oct 20, 2015 12:20 am
"Note that the rats who succeeded in their save take 4 points of damage..." he says hopefully.
Oct 21, 2015 12:24 am
Yikes! Anrin and Kaxaon are both out? Um...is Darf still conscious, or is it just casters (Matthias and Grumble) and NPCs (Elmo and Spugnoir) now? That is to say: just casters, NPCs, and a giant pack of rats?

Yeah, I think somebody'd better close the door! The problem might be how many dead/dying bodies are blocking the door... Kaxaon, Anrin, and how many rats? Can we make saves or something, to see whether characters fell in or out of the doorway? Also, how many live rats are in the stairwell?
Oct 22, 2015 9:52 am
Darf is ok. There are 8 rats left, 3 on stairs (1 sleeping).

I would say closing the door would be strength check at disadvantage, with 2 bodies and many rats scattered about. I'm interested to see how this goes!
Oct 22, 2015 7:58 pm
This is not a good situation at all, lol

Where is Darf at anyway? Haven't seen him on in a while.
Oct 22, 2015 8:09 pm
Maybe two or more PC's working together to shut the door will mitigate the disadvantage? :-)
Oct 22, 2015 9:00 pm
Just 8 rats? Pfft! No problem!

Of course, I have no spell slots left. So it's a choice of trying to use a +1 STR mod with DISADV when trying to close the door, being assisted by someone else (who has to withstand opportunity attacks from two rats to get to the door), or trying my hand with Darf, Elmo, Matthias and Spugnoir at weapon combat! Hm. When you put it that way, the fighting option doesn't seem so bad...except that I'm the vanguard at the moment.

The nice thing is that I have a while - pretty much a full round - left before I need to make that decision. The situation may be decided before I get a turn (such as when another couple of PCs bite the dust). On the other hand, my first D&D5 game had three of the four characters reduced to 0 HP and the last one survived with 1 HP to stabilize the others.

Hope springs eternal!
Oct 22, 2015 9:03 pm
Question for DM: How much damage would I take (if any) if I dropped down in front of the door and attempted to close it?

Kinda thinking I'll avoid the AoO's if I drop down, since I'm right above it at the moment!
Oct 22, 2015 9:42 pm
"Jump! I'll catch you!"
Oct 23, 2015 5:51 pm
Well, Darf being dragged into the room ruined my plans to close the door lol
Oct 23, 2015 10:26 pm
At least the rats are fed! I'm not sure how many portions a Dwarf makes, though
Oct 24, 2015 12:37 am
Well, you did warn us that Gygax was Lawful Evil!
Oct 24, 2015 8:57 am
I'm really not sure he had much of a method. Maybe neutral evil? Let's just leave a ton of nasty creatures around and see what happens!
Oct 24, 2015 4:55 pm
I assumed by the description that Darf was dead before he was fully through the door...it sounded pretty graphic.
Oct 25, 2015 9:34 am
He was alive at the time. For all we know he might become rat Tarzan. Either way, he saved the team!
Oct 25, 2015 3:53 pm
I seriously thought Kaxaon was rat lunch!
Oct 26, 2015 4:14 pm
There will surely be another chance later. Did anyone gain a level yet?
Oct 26, 2015 4:20 pm
70 xp away :(

The Welcome Wench is only a couple of hours away right?
Oct 26, 2015 4:35 pm
Two hours on foot, and Elmo has cleared a path through any areas of dense thicket
Oct 27, 2015 5:18 am
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
I seriously thought Kaxaon was rat lunch!
Same here with Anrin. Anyway, I'm glad that I stayed true to character concept and survived. I thought you and I would be rolling up new characters, Jabes.

I wouldn't have been that sad to start again, though. All this Anrin-the-paladin-gets-knocked-unconscious stuff has got me thinking...:

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Flawed_aafcd6_5015528.jpg
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.