Stray Dogs Episode I - The Station of Death

load previous
Sep 28, 2015 7:17 pm
"Ash...what are you talking about?" Chuck dons a confused face, before looking down at his newly revealed lab coat.
"Ahh. That." Blushing slightly at his careless reveal, Chuck holds his hands out in a placating gesture.

"Jorbo? Don't know who that is, this was an anonymous job, though I was informed that my ride would be arriving soon. I'm guessing Jorbo's after the rock as well." Chuck indicates the thermos hanging from his belt.
Sep 28, 2015 7:38 pm
Hotwire's rifle is still aimed straight at Chuck/Ashley. "What do you say, boys? You guys think 'Chuck' here is on the level? Ah, what do I care what Jorb wants with you? As long as you won't be any trouble." The Skal'Az lowers his rifle but stays wary. "But I don't trust you, mister. So I'm watching you."
Last edited September 28, 2015 8:21 pm
Sep 29, 2015 12:11 am
Being barely scratched, S'skaar will perform some first-aid on Kalerik and Chuck.

Rolls

S'skaar's First Aid check on Kalerik (MND+DX+First Aid+Doctor's Bag, total CTN 16) - (1d20)

(20) = 20

S'skaar's First Aid check on Chuck (MND+DX+First Aid+Doctor's Bag, total CTN 16) - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Sep 29, 2015 12:21 am
Perhaps it is his plantlike nature, but S'skaar is at least temporarily confounded by Kalerik's physiology - he can't provide medical first aid on the Humavari for the remainder of this day cycle.
Sep 29, 2015 3:18 am
"Hmm, sorry Kalerik, I'm all out of fertilizer..."
Sep 29, 2015 7:01 am
Saru smiles a Kalerik's joke "Hey maybe the little punk can be amusing sometimes" thinks to himself.
then walks beside Hotwire to support him "Answer hooming, now"
Sep 29, 2015 2:45 pm
"No worries guys! I'm on the level. Leaving out that tidbit about my cover ID was just to protect myself, you know? And I wouldn't worry about the lady scientist, that was just a... Misunderstanding. Shall we move in to Lab A? See what's happened I'm there? "
Sep 29, 2015 2:53 pm
In addition to the entrance from which you came, there are three more exits from the greenhouse. Quick inspection of the one straight ahead to the south reveals that it has been partially compromised from the other side. Like it's been hit with many bullets. All of the doors are unlocked and the kind that will open when you stand in front of them.
Sep 29, 2015 3:13 pm
Chuck heads to the North door, as he recalls it being the most direct route to Lab A. He secures his protective helmet, and double checks the action on his assault rifle as he approaches the door.
Sep 29, 2015 3:58 pm
The door opens with a swoosh, leading down a short gangway to another door which opens as you approach it as well.

Before you is a large laboratory. Tables, loaded with technical equipment, line the walls. In the corner is a small, metal cage that appears to have been broken from the inside. There is a small water bottle and the bottom of the cage is lined with paper bedding and the crushed remnants of an exercise wheel.

There are spots of blood on the walls and floor, and evidence of a struggle. There are also more of the large droppings you found in the control room.

There is an exit to your left that appears to have been sealed shut with a welding torch, the door looks somewhat battered. There is another exit on the right hand wall, a larger door, that has been smashed down. You see crates and boxes in the flickering, failing light from within. There is an occasional spark from the ceiling of that room.
Sep 29, 2015 4:06 pm
Chuck steps into the room, wary, scanning the room with his assault rifle, listening for some mutated rat hiding in one of the corners.

He'll step up to and examine the welded shut door.

OOC: Was it welded from this side?

Rolls

Search/Perception CTN 9 - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Sep 29, 2015 4:15 pm
Chuck can see that it was welded from this side. The door is emblazoned with an icon of a bed.
Sep 29, 2015 4:21 pm
"That way's the zombie quarters, I think. Get your rock and let's get out of here."
Sep 29, 2015 4:34 pm
"Right!" Chuck turns around and starts looking at the busted tables and shelves for something rock-like marked #1404.

Rolls

Search/Perception CTN 9 -if you need/want another roll - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Sep 29, 2015 5:03 pm
Hotwire carefully heads towards the other door to peek into the next room. He uses his helmet scanner.

Rolls

Scan the next room (CTN 12) - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Sep 29, 2015 5:40 pm
Chuck searches through the many items on the table tops - things a primitive intellect wouldn't understand ...alloys and compositions and things with... molecular structures....but he doesn't find a rock.

He does find a brushed aluminum box with a clasp.

- - - -

Hotwire's scanner is getting lots of feedback from the crates and the electrical damage in the next room. Can't be right, a single bio-reading the size of an Vanqorian gundark..thing must be on the fritz.
Sep 29, 2015 5:42 pm
Chuck will try to open the box... Maybe it's a boat!
Sep 29, 2015 5:45 pm
Inside the felt lined box is a palm sized metal cube with a plastic, blue screen on one side.
Sep 29, 2015 5:48 pm
"Any of you seen one of these before?" Chuck picks up the cube and examines the screen.
load next

Thread locked