Chapter 1, Day 2: Into the Witchwood

load previous
Sep 5, 2015 12:34 am
"Go on then, Zaris!" I nudge him forward with my elbow.
Sep 5, 2015 11:22 am
"We mean no harm sir," Zaris says calmly. "I am Zaris, and these are my friends," he adds motioning behind him to the rest of the group. "We are traveling from Drellen's Ferry. A man by the name of Norro has asked for our help in sorting out the Hobgoblin problem that has been plaguing the area." he pauses, watching the dogs carefully but arms still well away from his weapons.

"We don't mean to trouble you at all, but if you have any information or advice, we would be most grateful," Zaris adds.
Sep 5, 2015 1:50 pm
The gruff man snorts and then spits, "Goblins. I hate em'." He folds his arms over his chest and fixes his gaze on Zaris. The weight of bears down on Zaris, "What do you need to know?"
Sep 5, 2015 5:05 pm
Despite the harsh gaze, Zaris feels slightly more at ease and relaxes ever so slightly, the tension in his shoulders subsiding. "We were told that they have been raiding up and down this area but no one is sure where their base camp is located. Do you have any idea where they may be hiding?"
Sep 5, 2015 5:09 pm
He shrugs, "I've seen worg riders and trouble makers up and down the Dawn Way all day. The goblin folk live up in the Wyrmsmokes, but it seems like there is a big ol' war party in the woods. Might be they came down Old Forest Road, might be they came by Skull Gorge. My gold's on Skull Gorge."
Sep 6, 2015 4:09 am
"Why don't you come kill some goblins with us? Could be fun."
Last edited September 6, 2015 4:09 am

Rolls

Persuasion - (1d20+1)

(17) + 1 = 18

Sep 6, 2015 1:19 pm
A contemplative look crosses Zaris's face as he turns towards Corban. "What do you know of this Skull's Gorge Corban? Is it a place that we could enter without to much attention?" the wizard asks, hoping that the morning's march has cleared the drink from his friend's mind.
Sep 6, 2015 1:30 pm
"I hate goblins as much as the next woods dwelling man, but I can't just go risking my neck for the good of others." He ponders for a moment then says, "For 5 gold a day, I'm your man."
Sep 6, 2015 5:33 pm
"I know it sounds like a lovely vacation spot! I feel like I might have heard something about it..." Corban digs deep trying to remember something.

"Either way, I'll bet we'd find trouble at skull gorge"

OOC: can I try a history or INT check to see if I can remember anything about the gorge?

Rolls

History +4, INT+2 - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Sep 6, 2015 5:49 pm
The Skull Gorge is a stone bridge along the Dawn Way that is flanked by watchtowers. The bridge is the largest crossing of the Elsir River. The only other way across is along Old Forest Road, but that's a difficult crossing if the river is running high.
Sep 7, 2015 9:16 pm
Turning to the others, Zaris whispers "This seems like a good idea. I'll pay his fee out of my own share if it means having someone a bit more...combat ready then myself." he shrugs meekly and looks back at Jorr.
Sep 7, 2015 10:29 pm
"5 gold a day is a reasonable price to have someone along who knows a little more of the terrain. When can you be ready to leave? "
Sep 8, 2015 12:03 am
"Moments." At that, Jorr turns, goes into the house and returns a moment later with a longsword in a sheath on his hip, a longbow over his shoulder and a quiver packed with arrows slung over the other, "We can leave as soon as you are ready. Where did you want to go?"
Sep 8, 2015 3:55 am
"To Skull Gorge!" As the leader of this group, I am glad that they have followed my advice and my example. We may survive whatever comes after all!
Sep 8, 2015 3:59 am
Corban has a quizzical expression and leans over to Zaris and asks in a loud whisper. "She's our leader now? How drunk was I last night?"
Sep 8, 2015 5:21 am
I raise an eyebrow and slowly turn my head to look at Xara. "I believe we can speak for ourselves." I say flatly with a small smile that dirdn't reach my silver eyes.
Sep 8, 2015 12:17 pm
I raise my eyebrows at him. "You have any objections, Kaiakas? Speak your mind. If not, then we should keep moving unless you have better things to do?"
Sep 9, 2015 12:25 am
I look away, forward toward our new guide. "You do not speak for me." I almost end my sentence by calling her a thief, but cut myself off as to not offend her. I want to keep the group working together, not at each other's throats.
Sep 9, 2015 12:35 am
"Well." Jorr says, acting as if the infighting wasn't happening, "If we're headed to Skull Gorge the surest path is down the Witch Trial until it connects back up with the Dawn Way, then taking the Dawn Way to the bridge over the gorge. Probably safer than taking the trail most of the way, and we'll have to pass Vraath Keep on the Dawn Way if we take the route I suggest. Might find some goblins holed up in there on the way past. If I were to set up camp somewhere in this wretched woods, and didn't have my cabin already, the keep is where I'd start."
Sep 9, 2015 1:41 am
Ready to move on with our business and be done with petty issues, I quickly step forward. "If you would lead the way then, Jorr." I will follow the man and not look back.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.