Chapter 1 - The City

load previous
Sep 23, 2015 4:08 pm
*I gotta keep it a secret. But this could be the end of everything. Apocalypse! I've got to get her, if I can...*

"Uh...my girlfriend lives just a couple blocks from here. I've gotta see if I can get her! I just got a text and she's OK so far..."

spaceseeker19 sent a note to PhantomNimbus
Sep 23, 2015 4:45 pm
"Makes sense to get her and hit the P n G for supplies" Kel says as he buckles into John's car.
Sep 23, 2015 11:03 pm
Jacob heads over towards his car. "I'll follow you guys. I have no family around here and no real place to go. Let's scope out the PnG and gear up!"
Sep 24, 2015 5:44 pm
Tim climbs in John's car as well, "Yeah, let's move, I don't like being here much longer."

[ GM: So John is driving a car with Tim and Kel. Where is everyone else in the cars? ]
Sep 24, 2015 9:34 pm
Jacob is alone in his car (to this point) and will follow John.
Sep 25, 2015 11:32 am
OOC: Andrew is driving his car (he would have accepted passengers as necessary) and is also following John.
Sep 25, 2015 3:30 pm
Even though John was leading this, I think Howard gets back into Andrew's car, given that was his ride so far. He's dumped all the cops' gear in there, too. Was he able to get either cop's belt & holster for all this stuff?
Sep 27, 2015 5:11 am
Howard:
You got the dead officers handgun (12 bullets), taser gun (2 cartridges), handcuffs and keys, baton, flashlight, pepper spray canister. You probably grabbed the belt and holster if you wanted it.

As you pile into your cars John let's Howard lead the way since he doesn't know the way. Looking back on the scene of carnage at this Quicky-Med you see the man who had his throat removed by the female zombie suddenly start to move and jerk on the ground. He rises to his feet as you drive away. As you traverse the few blocks the streets this way are eerily quiet. You are now heading west towards the suburbs.

Most stores are still locked up and closed this late in the night. A few small electronics shops are broken open, one has an alarm blaring as you pass by. Another block or so down you stop in front of a fairly mundane looking apartment building. Plain red brick going up 4 stories. A small alley on either side of the building.

There is a fire-escape up the one side of the building, but the ladder isn't down to reach it. The entrance to the building is normally security controlled, but it looks like the front entrance glass has been shattered through. Blood rims the glass and is splattered around the entrance hall.
Sep 27, 2015 8:09 pm
"What do you think, Andrew? I think maybe we should park a bit back from the building. It doesn't look like much is happening right now, but I don't want us all to get mobbed if there's a bunch waiting for me in the lobby...that way, the headlights will provide more light, too. I don't have darkvision!"

Howard is alarmed to see that something smashed open the security glass - he didn't think zombies used tools - but then he reassures himself that it was probably the quake from the meteor impact. He sits in the car for a moment and texts Annette again.
spaceseeker19 sent a note to PhantomNimbus
He then considers if a tonfa/nightstick he got off of the cop zombie would be long enough to hook the bottom of the fire escape to pull it down...
Last edited September 27, 2015 8:12 pm
Sep 27, 2015 9:19 pm
Kel goes to the trunk and gets the shotgun which he loaded with shells earlier. "I got your back Howard" he says, making the racking noise with his mouth ...."I loaded it already, that would have ejected a good shell"
Sep 27, 2015 10:03 pm
Jacob pulls in behind the others and sees Kel grab a shotgun. Getting out of the car he walks over towards him and asks "What's the plan?"
Sep 27, 2015 11:24 pm
Kel looks to Howard.."Howie, which unit is she in? Has she responded to your texts?" and over to Jacob "We cover him (pointing to Howard) as he takes us to his girl's apartment. Only shoot when we have no other choice, we don't know if sound gets their attention or what."
Sep 27, 2015 11:50 pm
Her unit, Howard relays. Is up on the third floor.
Sep 28, 2015 12:35 am
"Alright. Whenever you guys are ready!"
Sep 28, 2015 1:24 am
"I've just sent her a text to come to the window; the last text I got from her was maybe ten minutes ago. But I don't like the look of that lobby - what do you think about trying the fire escape?"

(OOC: just like in the rules introduction...)
Sep 28, 2015 1:40 am
PhantomNimbus sent a note to spaceseeker19
You see a face emerge in a window up on the third floor on the front of the building. She opens the window and looks out seeing Howard. "Help. Hurry. Someone's trying to get in!", she screams out the window.
Sep 28, 2015 2:35 am
"Howard, see if you can get her to come out on the fire escape!"
Sep 28, 2015 5:08 am
Howard yells back: "Come on down the fire escape! I'll meet you at the bottom!" Then he turns to the others and says "Well, if there's any nearby and they're attracted to sound, we'll know it pretty quick. Watch that lobby!"

Howard trots off, one hand on the butt of the pistol in its holster, the other holding the tonfa, still hoping that he'll be able to jump and hook the bottom of the ladder to pull it down. His jogging makes his knees twinge.

*We survive tonight, I'm definitely going on a diet and starting some exercise..."
Sep 28, 2015 5:27 am
Andrew nervously checks over his handgun and makes sure everything is in order, then follows Howard down the alley towards the fire escape.

OOC: is there an outlet on the other side of this alley or is it a *DEAD END* (ha)
Sep 28, 2015 6:05 am
As you get down the alley you see the end of it is blocked. The only exit is the way you came here.

"You want me to WHAT?!", she screams back down, "Howard, why can't you just come up and get me out. I'm not climbing down this rickety thing."

Despite all this noise, so far you don't hear or see anything around. The streets here are eerily quiet. In the distance sirens and shouts have been background noise. You can still see the glow of fires in the sky from further south. A small explosion rings out in the distance. It must have been pretty far, it just sounded like thunder to you.

[ GM: Howard, if you want to pull down the fire escape you need to do a Dexterity test. I would call it 2 positive dice, one negative. The negative is in the event you somehow hurt yourself trying to do this. Also, if you want to convince this girl to get out onto the fire escape that is a Charisma test. It's a test of 4 positive dice, but you need two successes. No negative dice on the charisma test. ]
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.