Welcome To Gamma World

load previous
Sep 23, 2015 1:29 am
Quath slams on the brakes. Then one rat cranks it into reverse and another hits the gas. Quath will try to reverse its truck into the badgerperson.

Rolls

Dex Drive Check - (1d20-1)

(2) - 1 = 1

Sep 23, 2015 4:13 am
Quath, not having much luck with the truck, passes right by the badger. The badger lets out something that is akin to a hiss, and a laugh, as it dodges the path of the truck.

Sterlin moves next.
Sep 23, 2015 4:36 am
Sterlin, oozing pus, smoking, and dripping blood, drops another spear into his gun, and bracing himself against the cab, exhales, pauses and fires.

Rolls

Speargun attack - (1d20+6)

(14) + 6 = 20

Damage - (1d12+4)

(8) + 4 = 12

Sep 23, 2015 11:42 am
As the badger is letting out his hissing, barking laugh it is cut short in a wet gurgle as a spear erupts violently from it's chest. The creature lets out one more chuckle as it falls to it's knees and then slumps to the ground.

As there is a sudden calm over the scene, most of the people having dispersed into small make-shift hovels inside this massive encampment. Suddenly a large tangle of vines and thorns in the shape of a humanoid being strides across the clearing you find yourself in.

"Thank the sands, warriors have come. My name is Trent, I'm the Head Guy (Head Guy being the highest rank one can obtain within a settlement) of Haven. It looks like Mecha-Hitler finally found us with that raiding party. I'm sure the drones have already sent our location back to him.", the vine-creature named Trent manages to say. His voice is a mix of the wind rustling through leaves, and the the slapping together of vines.
Sep 23, 2015 11:32 pm
"Trent, eh?" Toth says with no hidden suspicion. He hauls himself out of the truck and spits a huge gob of blood onto the ground. "So the Mecha-Hitler freak show is new. I guess that's a good thing. I can't speak for the others but the fight has plum near run out a me for today, so if you're going to branch out and leaf us hangin, I wouldn't root for your chances. Now if you can manage us a meal and a bunk for a few hours, I might just be your new bestest friend."
Sep 25, 2015 11:38 am
Ssilas gets out of the truck and inspects his fender for damage from the badger he turned into a speed bump. He wipes some bloody gore of the hood with a clawed finger, and licks it thoughtfully. Then he turns to the plant man.
"How often doess thisss happen, Trent? We were told that Haven wasss different than the Wassteland. If thiss iss really the firsst raid y'all have ever had to face then we really just have ssshit luck and timing, I guesss."
Last edited September 25, 2015 11:39 am
Sep 27, 2015 5:26 am
Trent looks as appreciative as a massive living lump of vines can look. "Yes we can certainly house you here. This is the first time we've come under attack. Our location has been a closely guarded secret for as long as we have existed. We don't call out, and those that arrive do not leave."

He shows you to a small building near the entrance. As you walk in there is a sort of communal hall of people moving here and there, and then you are shown a few rooms off to the side.

"Please, rest for the night. Your defeat of the drones has bought us some time. Though Mecha-Hitler is no doubt mobilizing to attack. We have had a contingency plan for just such a thing, but we...have a bit of a problem."
Sep 29, 2015 5:37 am
Garrthon sits and goes into his regenerative mode thinking about what he has just got himself into. "And to think I left the wars to get away from the fighting. At least this way I am not just a senseless killing machine."
Sep 30, 2015 12:06 pm
"Let usss cut to the chassse, Trent. What went wrong and how do you propose we fix it?"
Ssilas picks at a scale under his chin, seeming slightly irritated.
Oct 2, 2015 2:22 am
"Well. We have defenses in place for the event that mecha-hitler found the location to this place", Trent says, "But unfortunately we need generators to run them. That raid destroyed a good number of our generators. We had a stash that we have stored off-location, but there have been reports of Porkers in the old warehouse we hid the generators in. All of our soldiers are either now dead or injured. We have no one to send."

Trent's leaves and vines bristle with anxiety, "Please, would you help us try and defend this bastion of peace? Will you help get our generators back?"
Oct 2, 2015 10:52 pm
Toth nods at Trent's words. "Yeah? Yeah, we're no freeloading scavs. We can probably see that done." Toth looks towards the others for argument or agreement.
Oct 7, 2015 11:59 am
"Yess, we'll do our part. Point usss in the right direction, Trent!"
Oct 8, 2015 2:20 am
"Well please, rest here the night. You will need your strength against the Porkers. I will give you coordinates in the morning", he bids you good night and you get a good nights rest. The first you have had in months. No dust in any unwanted places in the morning.

You awake the next day and you find your trucks have been gassed up and Trent gives you coordinates to this old building that houses their backup generator cache. It's maybe about half-a-days drive to the north of Haven. Far enough away that the two wouldn't be connected if the generators were ever found.

[ GM: You will all complete a long rest so you're back up to full health. Any other "Long or short rest" abilities are restored. Also, in case I didn't say it before, we've hit the first milestone of the one shot so you are all now level 2. ]
Oct 10, 2015 4:31 pm
Toth takes his battered hide to the proffered place, takes a few bites of food, then ravage oily devours his portion. Still chewing, he falls onto the sleeping pad and shivers himself to sleep.

When we wakes, he feels stiff, his new scars pulling on his skin unfamiliarly. He checks Ssilas, Garthon and Quarth are still (breathing?), er, functioning, and then he bounces around outside, singing lightly to himself (or loudly if there are kids watching), trying to get the blood flowing. He will scavenge replacement spears for his gun from anything abandoned or from the refuse pile, and then take a close eye to his speargun to make sure that it will continue to function.
Oct 11, 2015 3:17 am
Toth:
There are various children within the courtyard by your trucks. They all stop at your performance and listen.

[ GM: Roll a performance check Sterlin ]
Oct 11, 2015 3:33 am
Sterlin attempting to scare, er, entertain the children...

Rolls

Performance (singing), 1d20+0 - (1d20)

(14) = 14

Oct 11, 2015 4:14 am
The performance is actually a little scary, but these kids seem really into it. One of them actually comes over to you at the end of the song. Him and his friends are cheering and clapping. "Mister. We haven't heard no one sing us anything in a long time." This particular child seems to be descended from sharks. His wide tooth filled grin, several rows of teeth, and the fact that he is literally a shark with feet and legs seem to give it away.

"I heard you were going to the warehouse to get generators. Jimmy. My friend Jimmy, he said his dad said there was something for emergency use buried just behind the warehouse. Don't tell no one I told you though. We're not a'sposed to be out there playing", the sharkboy says. Then the group of kids runs off to continue their games.
Oct 11, 2015 4:27 am
Long after the kids are out of earshot, it occurs to Toth to say "What, an mergencie toothbrush?" He cackles to himself at his wit.
Oct 12, 2015 4:57 am
Garrthon rises in the morning and hears Toth's singing. "I had better go check on him and make sure he is not getting himself into trouble."

Garrthon heads out into the courtyard and arrives shortly after the kids went off to play their games. "Good morning Toth. What puts you in such high spirits today?"
Oct 16, 2015 11:48 pm
Toth spits in the dust. "Ain't no reason, just rippin to go." He pauses, and looks at the sky. "No drones yet, weren't theys a hoot, sho!"
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.