Jorune: general discussion

load previous
Nov 6, 2015 7:09 pm
I am really digging that talmaron illustration!
Nov 6, 2015 10:04 pm
Same, and I missed the post about getting new players.. your plan makes sense to me.
Nov 13, 2015 3:25 am
Speaking of new players... hey everyone! I'm the newbie whose making ur GM's life miserable by making him add another player. Truly sorry. I hope I can make it up to you...
Nov 13, 2015 3:35 am
Welcome, welcome, can always use some more bronth in the larder, err, the party.
Nov 13, 2015 3:47 am
Welcome to the party :)
Nov 15, 2015 7:44 pm
So, the new guys are ready to join. Is there more that the party would like to do in Ardoth before I do a break to transition to this next vignette?

We could do it one of two ways:
- we can role-play it out, either PCs paying for mounts and doing other things (if any) before leaving, or finding Jates and getting cash from him as well.

- we can each do a quick description of the next few hours, preparing to leave, and then wrap up this sequence and start with the PCs on the wing.

I'm happy to go either way, especially given that players may want to get skill checks done in their foci. Let me know if you have a preference.
Nov 17, 2015 8:41 pm
When should we roll those checks for our foci? At the end of a sequence?
Nov 18, 2015 1:49 am
Yes, but it is optional. You can save the accumulated rolls, or spend them, but only at the end of a sequence.
Nov 18, 2015 11:12 pm
So...no preference?

Hearing no responses, I'll choose. I think that I'll wrap up this sequence with a montage, and get the next sequence started so that the new players can join. I'll post this a little later today.
Nov 18, 2015 11:13 pm
Sounds good to me. I though I'd responded, but must have gotten distracted before I actually posted!
Nov 20, 2015 4:46 am
Okay, sorry everyone for the long wait. I'm going to wrap up this second sequence and start the third as you are all on the wing on your talmarons, flying to Kaigon. Those of you who have been playing already - Gythaar, Marik, Miniri and Barragar (currently I'm playing him as an NPC) - can choose to roll for improvement with any rolls they've accumulated through use of their foci. Please do the rolls in the System: Improvement thread.

Everyone should decide what their foci will be for the third sequence now.

As always, let me know if you have any questions.
Nov 21, 2015 1:51 pm
Could you explain foci? I didn't quite get that part...
Dec 28, 2015 11:06 pm
Naatkinson says:
Marik...takes in the sights and sounds of a new place while listening for any information that might stand out to him. Information Search vs 12/E
A clarifying question, Naat: Do you want to do an information search, or something else?

There IS a strong thriddle presence in Kaigon, and where there are thriddle, there are archives. Information Search is for getting information out of inanimate objects: archives, libraries, journals, etc, and Marik is Experienced at that, so you could do it that way (though if you do, I'd like to know a little bit more about what sort of information you're trying to find). Or you could, if you're just trying to detect something as Miniri has done, change that roll into a LISTEN check. Or, if you're trying to engage someone in conversation and glean some information that way, you could do a SOCIAL check (though again I'd like some idea of the information you're trying to glean).

So, you've rolled a 2. Is that:
- to search through thriddle records for something (Information Search)?
- to remain alert and possibly overhear something (LISTEN)?
- to subtly and sociably grill someone for information (SOCIAL)?
- or something else?
Dec 28, 2015 11:19 pm
Was going for listen, my apologies! Thanks for the clarification
Jan 14, 2016 10:51 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Gythaar is nothing short of shocked when Miniri and Marik both speak openly of mission specifics right in front of Ullis whom they've only just met. The grizzled mercenary figures it's his neck on the line for bringing the muadra in.

"I guess you're part of the team now, kid. C'mon, we've got a ship to catch."
This is awesome (though totally an accident). I had forgotten Ullis was there. I guess this shows the difference in professionalism between the grizzled veteran and the relatively untrained muadra.
Jan 15, 2016 12:49 am
Haha, I did to.
Jan 15, 2016 8:34 pm
Hmmm... a whole link to get on board? I only have 6 yules, that means I need 4 more, right? Or did Jates give us enough cash to cover this too?
Jan 15, 2016 8:59 pm
You might have to use some skills (Bargain?) or wiles to get on board, or try to arrange to work for passage, or stowaway, or borrow cash from others...
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.