1.0 Introduction

load previous
Sep 26, 2015 4:09 am
"And if that doesn't work, I'm sure I can find a way to make him talk. Come to think of it, we should probably save the breaking him part for last if nothing else works."
Sep 26, 2015 4:41 am
Elden turns green at the thought of 'breaking' the poor young man, "I don't think that there should be any 'breaking' going on, I'm sure we can come to a much better solution than that," he says diplomatically.
Sep 26, 2015 7:38 am
Seneia pats Rufio on a shoulder in an attempt to call him down.

"I suggest we first send Alanya and Feylinde to talk to this Slink person. If I know anything about young men who have grown up in the streets of this city, a pretty face and-- well, couple apples--" Seneia smirks and winks at Weylan. "--will break him down far quicker than any form of violence."

"The rest of us can keep an eye on things, both inside and outside the place. Perhaps make sure Slink won't get a chance to slip away."
Sep 26, 2015 10:41 am
OK, a little DM intervention here just for fun. With both Slink and yourselves being children of the streets there's a chance you might know him. Three factors are in play here:
1. Background
2. Class
3. Happenstance

You may roll Perception (adjusted) to see if you know Slink using the following guideline:
1. If your background justifies a seedier lifestyle take advantage
2. If you class is covert take +3
3. All other classes make standard roll

Higher than 20 you know him well
Higher than 15 you've spoken to him before
Higher than 10 and you know him by sight

I want you to make the roll decision without any repercussions from me.

You may make the roll private (I think you can do that as an option)

One other thing... I will be starting a new thread shortly. If you subscribe to threads be on alert (I'll let you know).
Sep 26, 2015 10:47 am
Feylinde laughted loud at Seneia joke.

"Oh yes, please! I'm totally in. I would let Alanya talk to him, while i could play the role of his conscience in his mind." ... she took a pause ... "Of course if apples are not enough" added winking at Weylan.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+2)

(12) + 2 = 14

Sep 26, 2015 11:34 am
"Oh I bet he likes apples well enough." Oddly enough, though Rufio was practically raised in this city's underworld, he had never spoken to this Slink. He had seen him around though, a fact that worried him but he tried not to show it.
Last edited September 26, 2015 11:37 am

Rolls

Does Rufio know Slink? - (1d20+2, 1d20+2)

1d20+2 : (6) + 2 = 8

1d20+2 : (3) + 2 = 5

Sep 26, 2015 1:50 pm
Elden takes a moment to think about what he knows about Slink.

Being that he generally avoids the seedier parts of town he can't think of a single time he has even heard of the lad.
Last edited September 26, 2015 1:51 pm

Rolls

Perception, Slink? - (1d20+5)

(3) + 5 = 8

Sep 26, 2015 1:55 pm
Ooc: wow these rolls are shocking, haha
Sep 26, 2015 2:03 pm
Szent is really out of his element when it comes to dealings of this type. If he has ever run across this young rouge before he certainly doesn't remember the encounter.

Gave Szent a disadvantage to his check due to his nature.
Last edited September 26, 2015 2:03 pm

Rolls

Perception [disadvantage] - (1d20+1)

(8) + 1 = 9

Perception [disadvantage] - (1d20+1)

(2) + 1 = 3

Sep 26, 2015 4:00 pm
When the group has left the orphanage, Seneia clears her throat. "I must confess something, friends. I know this Slink fellow quite well. I used to-- well, hang around with him, sometimes even work together to get food and coin, when I was still living in the streets. I tried to convince him to join Roland's too, back when I did, but he had grown to be too greedy and too suspicious already."

Seneia speaks openly and matter-of-factly, but you can tell from the way her tail moves that talking about her past is somewhat awkward for her. Honesty and openness are part of the spiritual life she's working towards, but they still don't always come natural to her.

"Regardless, I still think that Alanya and Feylinde should talk to him first. In case he knows the kidnappers, it's probably best that he does not recognise the ones asking him about things. But if that does not work, I can try and see if he'd still trust me well enough."
Last edited September 26, 2015 4:11 pm

Rolls

To know Slink (advantage for Ruffian background) - (1d20+2)

To know Slink (advantage for Ruffian background) - (1d20+2)

Sep 26, 2015 5:01 pm
I've frequented that neighborhood many times before, but it takes a rare person to leave an impression. Is Slink one of those people? Hmmmm.

Rolls

Have I met Slink? (advantage) - (1d20+3)

(2) + 3 = 5

Have I met Slink? - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Sep 26, 2015 6:23 pm
"I wonder what he meant by 'headcount' and why Roland looked at me?", Semaj whispers under his breath.

While Semaj has traveled through the town, it is doubtful he knows this person as he still tends to keep to himself. What Semaj would more than likely want to do is go to the place where she was seen in the market to find a trail. However Roland has been making an impression on Semaj and a little voice in his head tells him that there are strengths in numbers, so Semaj will follow the group.

Rolls

Perception (disad) - (1D20)

(8) = 8

Perception (disad) - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Sep 26, 2015 7:45 pm
From the interactions he's had with the footpad before, Weylan figures the soft approach will work better than going straight to intimidation. "Let's let the girls talk to Slink and see if he can provide any clues to figure out whose heads we need to crack to get Milly back, Rufio!"
Last edited September 26, 2015 7:47 pm

Rolls

Perception check to know Slink - (1d20+3)

(14) + 3 = 17

Sep 26, 2015 7:58 pm
Rufio holds up his hands in mock surrender. "Alright, alright! I promise not to crack an heads or break any legs until the girls have had a chance to talk to the little dung beetle. Satisfied? Let's GO already!!"
Last edited September 26, 2015 8:00 pm
Sep 26, 2015 9:24 pm
After listening to Roland a number of you realize you have heard of Slink before. Rufio and Feylinde would recognize him by sight, whereas Weylan thinks he's actually chatted with him a couple of times. However, Seneia is convinced she has hung around with him before she was accepted into the orphanage.

Merlin sent a note to jabes.plays.rpg
Merlin sent a note to Mariutti82
Merlin sent a note to Gargoyle
Sep 26, 2015 9:26 pm
I am closing this thread... See you on 1.1 The Singing Sword... Coming soon.
Sep 26, 2015 9:28 pm
"OOC: I think my rolls said I don't know him.
Sep 26, 2015 9:37 pm
Merlin sent a note to jabes.plays.rpg

Thread locked