Rules of Play

load previous
Sep 29, 2015 4:29 pm
Moofsalot says:
Whoops- just realized Vicious Mockery requires a saving throw, no rolls on my part.
One thing I would do in almost all cases is to roll damage, so that the DM doesn't have to worry about rolling it himself or waiting for you to roll it later
Sep 29, 2015 5:04 pm
Sounds good! :-)
Sep 29, 2015 6:08 pm
Merlin says:
So, I wondered about what players think about building into this game an easy way to advance. My thought is everytime a thread is completed each character gains one XP. When you get 3xp you advance a level. It would be very accelerated advancement, but I think applicable to the slow pace of pbp.

What do you all think?
I'm doing something similar with my Skyrealms of Jorune game, though we're still in the first few days of play and haven't got that far yet. So I think it's a good idea from a metagame standpoint. In both cases, it really depends on how fast the GM decides to complete a thread.

I'm all for trying it, anyway, and see how fast it goes.
Sep 29, 2015 9:58 pm
Well it sounds good. It's in some way similar to the Milestones rule in DMG ^_^
Sep 29, 2015 10:36 pm
Works for me!
Sep 29, 2015 11:16 pm
I think the whole time I've been playing on this site I've leveled up just one of my 16 characters - so I'm all for trying something that will move things along in that regard. :-)
Sep 29, 2015 11:29 pm
szemely says:
I think the whole time I've been playing on this site I've leveled up just one of my 16 characters - so I'm all for trying something that will move things along in that regard. :-)
^ THIS, so much this

I've leveled up just the one time in 3 months of play!
Oct 1, 2015 2:22 pm
Which (if any) of the optional Combat Options from the DMG are you implementing, Merlin?
*Climb Onto bigger Creature
*Disarm
*Mark
*Overrun
*Shove Aside
*Tumble
*Hitting Cover
*Cleaving Through Creatures
*Injuries
*Massive Damage
Last edited October 1, 2015 2:24 pm
Oct 1, 2015 2:27 pm
Sign up rules stated characters based on PHB only for the simple reason I don't have all the books yet. So answer is none. Secondly I want to keep things simple... Running pbp is tough!!!
Oct 1, 2015 3:54 pm
Merlin says:
Sign up rules stated characters based on PHB only for the simple reason I don't have all the books yet. So answer is none. Secondly I want to keep things simple... Running pbp is tough!!!
NP, just checking. :-)
Quote:
Thug 1 smirks at Rufio's ineffective punch and takes advantage to strike him with his sword with precision (13 damage, so sorry!)
Is this before or after factoring in Rufio's damage resistance from raging? Sorry, not sure which rolls are which so am just making sure :-) If it's before, then half damage is 6? or is it 7?
Oct 1, 2015 11:16 pm
Jabes, sorry, I'm not familiar with all character classes so please keep me honest by reminding me of effects. I've looked it up and you are correct. I assume it applies to crit roll too, please confirm. So I rolled 8 + 5 so half will be rounded down = 6 pts VERY NICE. I'll correct in thread.
Oct 2, 2015 3:16 am
No worries! Yes, I believe it halves all physical damage, including crit damage. Cool! Thanks! :-)
Last edited October 2, 2015 3:51 am
Oct 2, 2015 3:12 pm
Merlin says:
Welcome to my world. ;)
Oct 2, 2015 3:14 pm
Merlin says:
Jabes, sorry, I'm not familiar with all character classes so please keep me honest by reminding me of effects. I've looked it up and you are correct. I assume it applies to crit roll too, please confirm. So I rolled 8 + 5 so half will be rounded down = 6 pts VERY NICE. I'll correct in thread.
Yeah, it applies to all Slashing, Piercing, and Bludgeoning damage. Crits and Magical Weapons included
Oct 2, 2015 9:41 pm
Naatkinson, how is your spell casting bonus +6? Thanks.
Oct 2, 2015 10:04 pm
For my healing word? Life cleric feature, healing spells heal an additional 2 + spell level

Cheers!!
Oct 3, 2015 6:04 am
Generally nonlethal blow is chosen after the killing blow, but it's no big deal, ill accept it :)
Oct 3, 2015 11:31 am
I don't understand. If you are saying that's how your character will always behave I'll remember that from now I on. But it takes time to assimilate comments for combat and I'm not changing actions after they are posted. Too much hassle and sets a bad precedent.
Oct 3, 2015 1:40 pm
That's not what I'm saying. In the phb if you reduce an opponent to zero HP with a melee attack you have the option to instead knocking them unconscious. This choice is made AFTER taking them to zero

P198 of the phb
Last edited October 3, 2015 1:42 pm
Oct 3, 2015 1:43 pm
Please can you give me the reference? Cheers.

...very good, thanks. This time Thug is dead. I will accept in future.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.