Rules of Play

load previous
Nov 9, 2015 3:20 am
Jabes - sounds right about your damage because each time you were injured you were healed. The level up was automatic. No one has ever requested a rest.

I request that everyone keeps their character sheet up to date with spells cast and damage taken/ healed.
Dec 14, 2015 5:00 pm
What do you mean by "will save" and how do I roll it for Weylan?
Dec 14, 2015 8:33 pm
I guess in 5e it is a wisdom check.
Dec 16, 2015 3:49 am
I am concerned that Feylinde isn't posting much, and hasn't said he/she will be absent. Clocks ticking...
Dec 16, 2015 4:14 am
2 questions: How did the cleric cast two 1st level spells in one round? And how is he concentrating on them at the same time?
Dec 16, 2015 4:16 am
Shield of faith is a bonus action, and no one has hit him yet.
Dec 16, 2015 4:20 am
Not to be a rules lawyer, but you can only concentrate on one spell at a time and if you cast a spell with a casting time of a bonus action you can't use your action to cast another spell unless that spell is a cantrip.

If you want to change it, that's cool, but I need to know so I can take advantage of that too lol

PHB pg 202 under "Bonus Action" and 203 under "Concentration"
Last edited December 16, 2015 4:23 am
Dec 16, 2015 4:28 am
Fair enough. I read bonus action on page 189 and didn't see a limitation. Played a paladin and used shield of faith all the time.
Dec 16, 2015 4:29 am
Like I said, I'm not trying to push anything. I just want to make sure we're all working under the same rules so there's no confusion. Tell me to shut up if you need to :)
Dec 16, 2015 4:32 am
No problem. I like 5e because the rules are simple, so no harm in learning them properly.
Dec 16, 2015 5:43 am
I assume the elf had to drop the Expeditious Retreat (concentration spell) to cast Color Spray?
Dec 16, 2015 5:49 am
Gargoyle says:
I assume the elf had to drop the Expeditious Retreat (concentration spell) to cast Color Spray?
Shouldn't have had to. You can cast other spells while holding concentration, just not other concentration spells.
Dec 16, 2015 5:52 am
Naatkinson says:
Gargoyle says:
Shouldn't have had to. You can cast other spells while holding concentration, just not other concentration spells.
Huh. I didn't know that.

Ah, well. I guess I'll just have to kick the concentration out of him, despite the blindness.
Dec 16, 2015 5:53 am
That brings up another question, though - the elf had already acted this round. How could it cast the Color Spray on Seneia?
Dec 16, 2015 9:00 am
I am tracking the rounds in the posts. We are on round 3 now and the elf cast color spray. r1 = cast exp retreat, r2 = used exp retreat, r3 = cast color spray.
Dec 16, 2015 9:34 am
Ok. That's what I assumed, but the latest post still said Round 2, so I got confused.
Dec 16, 2015 11:00 pm
sorry guys, I've not checked the forum in a while, since I saw no updetes (some days ago)... I'm trying to understand what's happening ....
Dec 16, 2015 11:14 pm
Mariutti82 says:
sorry guys, I've not checked the forum in a while, since I saw no updetes (some days ago)... I'm trying to understand what's happening ....
Here's my breakdown:
We surprised (or were surprised by) four people - a halfling, an elf, a half-orc, and a human.
Seneia killed the halfling, Alanya cast silence on the elf, the half-orc pounded Feylinde and got beaten down by something like five of us in reprisal, the human cast hold person on Rufio, the elf got blasted with a fire bolt, everyone missed or ignored the human.
Then, the elf somehow cast expeditious retreat despite being silenced and ran away, with Seneia following. The human convinced everyone he wasn't a target, except for Elden, whose attacks the human keeps dodging.
Last edited December 16, 2015 11:14 pm
Dec 17, 2015 12:07 am
Mariutti82 says:
You are aware you can subscribe to the threads and be notified when people post?
Dec 17, 2015 12:11 am
spaceseeker19 says:
Mariutti82 says:
Here's my breakdown:
We surprised (or were surprised by) four people - a halfling, an elf, a half-orc, and a human.
Seneia killed the halfling, Alanya cast silence on the elf, the half-orc pounded Feylinde and got beaten down by something like five of us in reprisal, the human cast hold person on Rufio, the elf got blasted with a fire bolt, everyone missed or ignored the human.
Then, the elf somehow cast expeditious retreat despite being silenced and ran away, with Seneia following. The human convinced everyone he wasn't a target, except for Elden, whose attacks the human keeps dodging.
Not correct on two counts. 1. Elf cast expeditious retreat in first round before silence. 2. Elden has not hit cleric yet as it hasn't happened yet and cleric double moved away from him.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.