Targos

load previous
Dec 3, 2018 5:36 pm
Zenithral examines the body. "Slit at the throat...eye gouged out..." Zenithral casts message. The gouged eye...mark of Grumsh. I worry we have a traitor in our midst. Isherwood's soldiers that helped with the barrels. Where did they get them? The other barrels had beans. Food stores. Whoever's in charge of food would have kept inventory. The barrel-maker should also have records of supply. If we can find a discrepancy, we can learn when it might have happened, or if anyone requested or stole an extra barrel. I'll find the quartermaster over food stores. You find the barrel maker and ask about outgoing barrels...NOT Charismatic barrels...You know what I mean. Unless you have a better plan that is.
Last edited December 3, 2018 5:39 pm
Dec 3, 2018 5:41 pm
As they examine the body. Zenithral asks Fluphy to look around. His eyes glaze over as he begins looking through Fluphy's senses, seeing if anyone is observing them and whether they look like they're hiding something.
Last edited December 3, 2018 5:41 pm

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

(15) + 3 = 18

Insight - (1d20+8)

(16) + 8 = 24

Dec 3, 2018 6:07 pm
Fluphy toots happily about the palisade and parade grounds. Many of the militia seem nervous about the sounds coming from the battle outside the walls. There is also a crowd around the halfling body as people scramble about investigating, but nobody seems suspicious that Zenithral can tell.
Dec 3, 2018 6:09 pm
Crale approaches, looking furious. "A body? What is happening to this place? It can't be simple murder." He looks at the gouged eye and apparently comes to the same conclusion as Zenithral. "Orcs. There are orcs within the walls. They're in the town!"
Dec 3, 2018 6:54 pm
Vincent's eyes cloud over as he looks into the magical realm.

Rolls

Arcana check plus detect magic - (1d20+5)

(7) + 5 = 12

Dec 3, 2018 7:26 pm
"Commander Crale," Zenithral says, turning to him and speaks quietly. "We can't be certain there are orcs in the town. There may only be one, or there may be a non-orc traitor among us. Sending the soldiers into a panic is the last thing we want! The barrel was empty, meaning it wasn't used for other stores. If we can trace the murder back to who acquired the barrel she was stowed in, we may be able to find our suspect."

With illusions, it could be anyone..., he thinks, briefly studying the commander as he addresses him, but sees nothing that could indicate illusion. Or shapechangers...

"Do you know her, Commander? What is her name?"
Last edited December 3, 2018 7:52 pm

Rolls

Persuasion (Stay calm, sir) - (1d20+7)

(7) + 7 = 14

Investigation vs Commander - (1d20+7)

(4) + 7 = 11

Inspiration (Investigation) - (1d20+7)

(3) + 7 = 10

Dec 3, 2018 8:42 pm
While the tower seems secure, Ug climbs down and does an inspection of the palisade. With darkness on the enemies side and tensions in the ranks, he’s worried what may happen during the night.

Rolls

Survival - (1d20+6)

(4) + 6 = 10

Inspiration - (1d20+6)

(7) + 6 = 13

Dec 3, 2018 8:57 pm
Looking about, Vincent sees no sign of anything magical - except for a ring on the halfling woman's finger. Its aura is a blend of abjuration and transmutation magic.
Dec 3, 2018 9:01 pm
Crale shakes his head. "One, or a dozen, or a hundred - any is too many! Killing is happening in Targos, and who knows how many lives have already been lost." He growls. "You might not have any family or friends in this town, but I do. And they might already be dead. I'd say it certainly is time to panic." He turns away and calls for messengers.
Dec 3, 2018 9:07 pm
While inspecting the palisade, Ug finds one of Targos' soldiers curled up behind some crates. The man is taking a swig from a bottle when Ug appears, and he nearly chokes as he tries to hide it behind his back. "What? Drinking on the... ahermm... the job? Wouldn't never! Just... just don't mention it to Crale, eh?"
Dec 3, 2018 9:49 pm
Alalla sprints out of the barracks. She catches sight of her friends at the palisade and shrieks. "ZENITHRAL, VINCENT. THE MAYOR! UG, RAS, I NEED YOU. PLEASE."

Al continues running before seeing if they are following. She should be faster, but her bones still ache and her armour is heavy. It feels like an eternity before she arrives at her uncle's shop, though it must have only been a few minutes.
Last edited December 3, 2018 10:13 pm

Rolls

Athletics - (1d20+10)

(9) + 10 = 19

Dec 3, 2018 11:26 pm
Zenithral remains skeptical, but as soon as Alalla comes shouting orders, he starts into action. "Where?!" he calls back as he starts running.
Last edited December 3, 2018 11:26 pm
Dec 3, 2018 11:29 pm
Ras, dwelling on his own thoughts of mortality, starts when Zen addresses him. Before he can nod, Zen takes off running, as though he knows something Ras does not. Curiousity overcoming his morose thoughts, he follows the archer and reaches the scene of excitement.

He is unsure of what to do. He does not seem overly useful in a place like this, and he desperately wishes to be useful. When Al comes running past him, he immediately follows, still unsure what is going on.

It seems his sulking caused him to miss out on some very important events. Hitching up his cloak, he forces himself to focus on Al and whatever she might ask of him.
Dec 4, 2018 12:02 am
Zenithral can barely hear Al's reply as she darts off between buildings. "Big fancy building, middle of town!"
Last edited December 4, 2018 12:02 am
Dec 4, 2018 12:05 am
Seeing the magic ring on the dead ladies finger, Vincent hears Al shouting for help. It must be the murder. Taking the ring as evidence and the intention to give it to her next of kin, Vincent easily catches up to Al.

Slowing down to a fast walk so as to keep pace with Al, Vincent strikes up an easy conversation as if he were out on a slow walk.
"Hey Al, what's the big fuss about? Did you find our killer? I don't think they're a thief, cuz I found this magic ring." Vincent holds up the ring for Al to see.
Dec 4, 2018 12:09 am
"Reise is dead because she helped me." Alalla's voice is dead and clipped. "My family must be next, if they weren't first." She ignores the ring in her mad dash.
Last edited December 4, 2018 12:37 am
Dec 4, 2018 1:33 am
Alalla leads the way through Targos, with Vincent, Ras, and Erevain (and Ug?) on her heels. During the day the streets were slushed with melting snow, but tonight they are frozen. As they run, the night's shadows flicker at the edge of street lamps and lanterns.

When they arrive at the home of Alalla's father, they find the front door locked. Beyond the sound of their own heavy breathing, they hear only the moan of the wind.
Dec 4, 2018 1:36 am
Alalla kicks down the door. "Uncle Ellis!" She steps over the splintered mess and rushes through the shop and up the stairs to the living quarters of the building.
OOC:
Thats actually only +6 so 25 for that roll.
Last edited December 4, 2018 11:26 pm

Rolls

Athletics - (1d20+10)

(19) + 10 = 29

Dec 4, 2018 1:52 am
Alalla catches her uncle on his way down the stairs. Ellis holds a table leg warily in one hand. "Al? What is going on?" His eyes flick to the shattered door and he winces. "What is the matter?"
Dec 4, 2018 1:55 am
"I have to check on Papa." Alalla squeezes by him on the narrow staircase and continues up to her father's room.
Last edited December 4, 2018 1:56 am
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.