Targos

load previous
Dec 8, 2018 9:14 pm
"We don't have time for this. We have to get to the wall. We can hunt that rat down later." Al retrieves her handaxe from the ground and wipes Pomab's blood off of it with the dead orc's clothes. "You left my family with Erevain. You trust him?"
Dec 8, 2018 9:28 pm
Vincent really doesn't want to give up on finishing off Pomab, but Al needs him more. Vincent will track him down and kill him later when his friends are safe and he's at full power.

Nodding he agrees with Al. "Pomab attacked your family's house. I fought them and they fled. You killed the last of Pomab's help. I doubt he'll try again anytime soon. Erevain should be more than enough protection now. You're right though, the wall needs us more. We'll track Pomab down later. Let him squirm with fear till then."
Last edited December 8, 2018 9:30 pm
Dec 8, 2018 11:41 pm
Alalla and Vincent are departing for the palisade when a group of militia arrive with weapons drawn. "Drop your weapons! You will answer for your crimes against Targos, Lord Ulbrec, and the good folk you have murdered this night!"

They fan out, several with crossbows and a handful with spears.
Dec 8, 2018 11:57 pm
"Ah, I see you have been lied to my good sirs. Pomfab has let Orc assassins into your fair town. In fact their bodies are over there. One of you go take a look at them. They are disguised, but unmistakably Orcs. The very same ones that are attacking the walls this very moment."

Rolls

Persuasion with Al-vantage - (1d20+2, 1d20+2)

1d20+2 : (7) + 2 = 9

1d20+2 : (16) + 2 = 18

Dec 9, 2018 12:40 am
Al narrows her eyes. "You'll notice my friends arrows are in their corpses. My sword also leaves distinctive wounds." She gestures to the flaming blade. She sheaths it and holds her hands out entreatingly to a man who's name she remembers. "Come on, Jerresh, this is my home, and my family was just attacked. There are enemies at the gates. Let us go so we can help."
Last edited December 9, 2018 12:41 am
Dec 9, 2018 12:44 am
Ras shakes off any damage that finds him, barely noticing the pain. He shoots off another burst of flame, not caring what he hits, as long is it isn't his friends.

"This is for Uncle Oswald!" he chokes, watching his flames wreak havoc on the enemy.
Last edited December 9, 2018 12:45 am

Rolls

Fire damage - (4d8)

(7371) = 18

Dec 9, 2018 12:59 am
Jerresh steps back, flinching. "Your sword likely set that fire! And it looks like you've killed these men. Is this how you treat your friends? And he doesn't look too friendly either." He shifts his spear to point at Vincent.

One of the crossbowmen takes a step forward, weapon pointed toward Alalla. "She has a history of violence, that one." In the darkness, it takes Alalla a moment to recognize this member of the militia. Kalden. It seems that in time of war, Commander Crale has decided to call on this former member of the militia, crippled though he is. "Funny that you show up just at the same time that the orc army does. It's because she's one of them, boys. She's got orc blood."

The clink of armor carries on the wind as the men shift uncomfortably. None of them lower their weapons.

Vincent can see a faint aura of enchantment magic around these guards. Someone is swaying their emotional state with a spell.
Dec 9, 2018 1:09 am
"Oh, I have a history of violence?" Al laughs. "I broke your arm to keep you from beating me with it. Shall we talk to your other lovers? I'm sure they will back me up, if they aren't too afraid of you." Alalla rolls her eyes. "Honestly, boys. I've heard half of you accuse your exes of having orc blood. If the army breaks through the wall all our families will perish. Are you going to risk that on Kalden's attempt to get even?"

Alalla looks down and notices that the orcs still look like humans. She vaguely recognizes their faces. She curses. "Look, they are orcs. Feel their faces, if you must. It's magic."
Dec 9, 2018 1:16 am
Kalden flushes. "Pomab told us everything! You're an orc. Your mother was an orc! You lived among us for years as a lying traitor! You joined the militia to learn our defenses. And now you're here to kill us all! He showed us the wounds you two gave him, arrow and axe and fire sword."

Jerresh looks conflicted, but then sets his jaw. "You just want us to lower our guard so you can murder us like you did these other guards."

Feeling bolder, Kalden calls out again. "Show us your teeth, orc. Prove you aren't one of them!"
Dec 9, 2018 1:27 am
"And, do you gentlemen, also remember the spell Pomab cast on you? You've all been enchanted. I can see the spell on you. Al, we aren't going to be able to get through to them. They're gnats. Let's get out of here."
Dec 9, 2018 1:41 am

Rolls

Wolves vs Ras (3 attacks) - (3d20+5)

(17111) + 5 = 34

Goblins vs Zen (2 attacks) - (2d20+4)

(89) + 4 = 21

Orc vs Ras (2 attacks) - (2d20+5)

(1510) + 5 = 30

Wolves vs militia (4 attacks) - (4d20+5)

(20496) + 5 = 44

Dmg to Ras - (6d6+9)

(255546) + 9 = 36

Dmg to militia - (2d6+15)

(61) + 15 = 22

Winter wolf recharge - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Vghotan vs Ug (2 attacks) - (1d20+8, 1d20+8)

1d20+8 : (15) + 8 = 23

1d20+8 : (5) + 8 = 13

Winter wolf vs Ug (adv) - (1d20+7, 1d20+7)

1d20+7 : (15) + 7 = 22

1d20+7 : (7) + 7 = 14

Dmg to Ug - (2d6+5, 2d12+5)

2d6+5 : (16) + 5 = 12

2d12+5 : (79) + 5 = 21

Militia dmg to wolves - (14d6+14)

(36244341262631) + 14 = 61

Dec 9, 2018 2:29 am
Alalla finds her hand on her blade, but forcibly removes it. These men aren't the problem. They are victims. And there are more every moment they aren't helping at the wall. "Any tricks to get us out of here, Vincent? Or are we going to have to bruise some skulls?"
Dec 9, 2018 2:42 am
Shaking his head, Vincent admits, "I'm spent. If I had time to rest, then yes, but not now. Actually..."
Turning to Spector, Vincent commands, "Attack the guards, but don't kill them."
Turning back to Al Vincent continues, "Done, let's get out of here." Vincent races off towards the palisade.
Last edited December 9, 2018 2:45 am
Dec 9, 2018 2:55 am
Alalla turns and follows, teeth grinding in her skull. When she catches Pomab again, she is going to solve that issue once and for all.
Dec 9, 2018 5:45 am
A figure waits for them at a crossroads ahead. Alalla can tell even before he lowers his hood that it is Erevain.

The elf's green eyes are concerned as he searches Alalla's face. "Alalla, your father and uncle are safe. Are you well? Pomab said that you are... different."

He appears to be alone.
Dec 9, 2018 5:50 am
"Am I well? Pomab says?" Alalla's voice sounds strangled. "Where is the worm?" The last is nearly a growl.
Dec 9, 2018 5:55 am
Erevain shakes his head. "I do not know. I certainly did not want to encourage him to stay close by. I nearly killed him myself earlier tonight."

He takes a step closer, still carefully watching her. "Alalla. We need to talk."
Dec 9, 2018 6:00 am
Alalla steps back as he steps forward. "Then talk." She watches Erevain just as closely. She watches the way one watches an apponent, looking for muscle movement to anticipate attacks, reading motive and weaknesses.
Last edited December 9, 2018 6:01 am
Dec 9, 2018 6:08 am
The blonde elf notices her movement, and he pauses. His eyes are wide, as if he has just been slapped. "Alalla, I understand how this must appear to you. But I only asked for a means to keep you alive. And Poquelin only asked that I help him set up a meeting between you and another. He promised that no harm would come to you, that it was only to be an opportunity for discussion." He holds up his hands, pleading. "He said that as part of the deal that I could not forewarn you in any way. I believe he was afraid you would not agree."
Dec 9, 2018 6:15 am
"Well I was harmed," Alalla snaps. Her eyes flash with despair, but anger quickly overtakes it. "What went into setting up this meeting? What else have you done?"
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.