Targos

load previous
Dec 9, 2018 6:30 am
Erevain flinches as if slapped. "What... what happened to you?" Seeing that Alalla is waiting for an answer, he continues speaking. "I was told to coordinate with Pomab - but I knew nothing of his plans, or that orcs would be involved, or that the mayor's home would be attacked. Pomab tried to collect your family - perhaps as leverage against us - but Vincent and I turned him away."

He tries to keep his voice steady in the face of her glare. "I was told not to allow you use of all your weapons during your meeting, in order to discourage you from attacking him. But I was promised that he would not hurt you!"

Erevain takes another step forward. "I was only trying to help you..."
Dec 9, 2018 6:39 am
Alalla forces herself to breathe deeply and keep her hands from her sword. He isn't the problem.

"As you say." Erevain can see her anger ebb, but it leaves her gaze empty of anything. "Excuse us. We're needed at the walls." She goes to move by him.
Last edited December 9, 2018 6:39 am
Dec 9, 2018 6:43 am
Erevain reaches out to grab her arm - not suddenly, or firmly, but as if to get her attention. "Alalla, I had to. You would be dead now if I had not!"
Dec 9, 2018 6:57 am
Alalla pauses, but doesn't look at him. "I know, melindo." She sounds exhausted. "Still, there are things worse than death."

Theres only one way to solve all your problems.

"I was foolish to fear it." The hand that removes his from her arm is gentle. "Im needed at the walls. Keep my family safe. And if you see Pomab, leave a blade in his throat." She continues on.
Dec 9, 2018 7:10 am
Erevain inhales deeply, as though trying to breathe in her scent as she passes. "Please... Let me go to the walls in your place, and you stay with your family. I have done no fighting this night, and you are exhausted. You need rest! At least for a short while."
Dec 9, 2018 7:33 am
Alalla grits her teeth and skids to a halt. "And if I go, what will I find there? Last time I listened to you you sent me into Poquelin's arms. If you weren't you I'd have killed you already." She shakes her head. "But you're not the problem. Unless..." She pauses, then turns to face him, eyes wide. "You've always encouraged me towards him. Your resurrection, the heart.... always."
Last edited December 9, 2018 7:35 am
Dec 9, 2018 1:34 pm
During this whole back and forth Vincent looks a little uncomfortable. A few times it looks like he's about to say something, once going so far as to raise a finger and clear his throat, but each time he either thinks better of getting between an arguing man and wife, or is clearly being ignored.
Dec 9, 2018 3:13 pm
Erevain's face twists in bewilderment. "What are you saying? Alalla, my life never made sense until I met you. My sole reason for dealing with Poquelin at all was because I was afraid of losing you - to Gruumsh! How can I sit back and do nothing, especially when you take foolish risks such as marching into an enemy army and challenging their general to a duel?"

He throws up his hands in an uncharacteristic display of emotion. "I saved your life, Alalla, and all I have received in return are glares and cold words."
Dec 9, 2018 3:24 pm
As his master of this tortured existence runs off leaving him to die... again. Spector is forced to turn and make others feel his pain. Drinking the life force of others has been a pleasant surprise, but being forced to listen to his killer grates on his nerves.

Rolls

Attack! - (1d20+4, 1d20+4, 1d20+4)

1d20+4 : (9) + 4 = 13

1d20+4 : (16) + 4 = 20

1d20+4 : (1) + 4 = 5

Dec 9, 2018 3:45 pm
"Between the two, I choose Gruumsh!" Alalla opens her mouth to continue, but Erevain's ring glints in the light and silences her.

He isn't the problem. He made vows, and you let him.

"I'm sorry." She removes her hand from her sword hilt and passes it over her face, deadening her expression once more. "I have to be seen fighting for Targos. Pomab is already turning people against me. I should have killed him in Easthaven, and now I'm paying for that mistake.

I'll be fine. I'll have the militia with me this time. I won't be so foolish."
Her words are still clipped despite her efforts to smother any emotion.
Last edited December 9, 2018 3:47 pm
Dec 9, 2018 4:14 pm
Erevain looks unhappy, but nods. "As you wish. But please, be careful!" He moves to give her a parting kiss.
Dec 9, 2018 4:38 pm
Alalla is stiff as he approaches, but allows him to kiss her, then softens and returns it.

He is allowed to have feelings, the cold voice derides, keeping her heart in the void. Alalla pulls away. He isn't the problem. She turns and runs towards the battle at the walls. People are dying while she chats with her husband. No, he isn't the problem. You are.
Last edited December 9, 2018 4:39 pm
Dec 11, 2018 3:42 am
Erevain leans into her kiss. When it is done, he pulls away and gives both Alalla and Vincent a curt nod. "Take care, both of you."

He turns and jogs into the night.
Dec 11, 2018 3:51 am
Vghotan's swing connects on Ug's shoulder, but the goliath shrugs it off like a pebble, then ends the orc leader with a crushing blow to the chest. The winter wolf fares a little better as it tears with powerful jaws, and Ug can dimly feel that his wounds are many and deep.

Fortunately, Zenithral and Ras tear through the enemy, and the militia reinforcements fight with all their strength. For a moment, the battlefield within the palisade walls is clear of goblins and orcs. The wolves - winter and otherwise - are backed up to the walls, and then the monstrous beasts that are not quickly put down turn and leap the walls again, disappearing into the night.

Ras takes 36 damage, and after resistance Ug takes 16.

The defenders cheer for just a moment, and then the gates take another heavy hit from a flung boulder.

All around, the militia show an odd mix of elation and fear.

Isherwood counts his arrows, then counts them again.

Lord Ulbrec is standing as several men help him get into his armor, which is decorated with a gauntleted hand held high with an open eye embedded in its palm. The symbol of Helm.

Shawford Crale shouts more orders, attempting to drag away the wounded while forming up lines to meet the imminent threat.

Lady Elytharra, on her feet now, does what she can to tend to the wounded.

Vincent and Alalla arrive then, and the companions are united for the first time in hours. There are only a few moments before the gates give way before the barrage, but the heroes know that together they are a true force to be reckoned with.

But can they match an army of bloodthirsty orcs?
OOC:
Instant short rest benefits! So go ahead and roll hit dice and stuff!

Also, everyone has a moment to do what they'd like to prepare. Spells, buffs, go for it.

Zen can also make a speech or something if he would like.

Ug's rage has probably expired by now, but Ras probably has a couple minutes left of his spell.
Dec 11, 2018 4:18 am
Alalla looks uncharacteristically restless as she prepares. She checks and rechecks her handaxes' edges and positions at her belt while looking around at the militia. Are any others orcs in disguise? How could you let Pomab get away! This is what you get for being lenient. She fusses with her armour. What if Kalden tries to slander you again? You should have taken him down while you could claim self-defense.

Al almost summons her glaive, but she can't bring herself to as she remembers the panic she felt when she had tried last. There is only one way to solve things. You've exhausted all other options.

Yes, she knows what she has to do. But first, the army.

HP: 134/134
Hit dice: 10
Last edited December 11, 2018 4:31 am

Rolls

Hit die - (1d10+4)

(6) + 4 = 10

Hit die 2 - (1d10+4)

(6) + 4 = 10

Dec 11, 2018 5:31 am
"Friends," Zenithral says, addressing the reunited group. "We've fought numerous times for our lives and 'for the people of the Vale', but now, more than ever, death is at the doors of those we fight for. The enemy is vast, but our strength is beyond vast. Though for some of us it is also driven by loss and rage, do not forget. Our strength is fueled not by bloodshed, but by love. Not by demands of a higher power, but by demands of who we ourselves want to be. Show them your strength. Show them your growth. Show them who you've become."

(Everyone gains 15 temporary hit points)
Last edited December 11, 2018 5:43 am

Rolls

Hit Dice - (5d10+5)

(103363) + 5 = 30

More - (2d10+2)

(73) + 2 = 12

One More - (1d10+1)

(3) + 1 = 4

One More - (1d6+1)

(4) + 1 = 5

Dec 11, 2018 6:22 am
As the wolf pack disappears into the night, the ordeal finally catches up to Ug. His ice armor melts as his adrenaline wears off, but the thumping inside him still lingers. As well as seeing to his wounds, Ug examines the armies fortifications and any damage to the archer tower. Calling out commands, Ug does his best to coordinate any needed repairs and support.

Staring back into the night, Ug prepares for the next assault. Giving some of himself to the hunter within and encasing himself and his maul with ice once more.

Ug is back at full hp before he activates crimson right. He now has 1 level of exhaustion.

Hp 145/130
Last edited December 11, 2018 1:34 pm

Rolls

Hit dice 6 - (6d12+18)

(43121164) + 18 = 58

3 more - (3d12+9)

(1276) + 9 = 34

Athletics - (1d20+10)

(8) + 10 = 18

Dec 11, 2018 11:43 am
HP:81/81+15THP
And Vincent casts true strike
Last edited December 12, 2018 2:21 pm

Rolls

Hit dice x5 - (5d8+5)

(74236) + 5 = 27

Moar - (4d8+4)

(7765) + 4 = 29

Dec 11, 2018 7:19 pm
As Zenithral speaks to the group Alalla stills, then hardens. When he finishes, she begins without preamble.

"Pomab is in league with Poquelin. He brought orcs into town in disguise. He's responsible for the attack on the mayor, and he tried to kidnap my family. I'm still not sure about the murder Vincent discovered." Al rubs her brow. "Everything is all twisted around right now." Her eyes have a desperate look to them before she composes herself. "Regardless, his orcs are dead, but Pomab should be killed on sight.

Zenithral, do you mind informing the mayor and the commander about his treachery? He should trust you, since you saved him.

As for me, if people start screaming 'orc,' none of you ever knew, alright? I'm on thin ice, and it's cracking."
Last edited December 11, 2018 7:20 pm
Dec 11, 2018 7:42 pm
"Pomab?!" Zenithral exclaims. "He's HERE?! I knew the fellow wasn't the most amiable, but I never guessed villainous..." He glowers. "To think that he survived when so many others did not..." Zenithral begins searching for the commander and mayor. Whenever he finds one of them (assuming it's before the wall breaks down) he quickly addresses them.

"Sir, I hate to bring more confusion to the situation, but I've discovered that Pomab is in league with the orcs, leading the assassination attempts. He shan't be trusted; either apprehended or killed---this is war, after all."

Rolls

Persuasion (I think it's +7...can't view my sheet now) - (1d20+7)

(5) + 7 = 12

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.