load previous
Nov 10, 2015 3:05 am
#ishouldlearntoread #cheers
Nov 10, 2015 3:13 am
#cyrieltrippedoverarootandbrokehisneck
#sorrynotsorry

Ok, enough of all that. :-)
Nov 10, 2015 7:04 pm
Ah, the life of a goblin. Blissful sleep on the cold, hard ground, interrupted by man slapping you awake and screaming "GET THEM!!!"

...and no grace to say "Hey, I just need a couple of minutes to wake up, boss..." No coffee, nothing. Just get in there and die like a Go Bo.
Nov 10, 2015 11:13 pm
Goblins are just like a race of evil fodder for stronger creatures it would seem. Could be worse, I suppose, they could be Kobolds...

Normally I wouldn't have put so many friendly 'bad' guys in a scenario but I didn't want the newbies (to both D&D and RPGs) that I originally made this for to think that killing everything in sight was the way to play.
Nov 11, 2015 12:49 am
So how does that cater for the oldies who kill everything in sight? My weekly group spends an hour planning an intricate stealth operation then walks through the front door and kills everything... Every time!!
Nov 11, 2015 2:56 am
Well, Valrakas hasn't killed the gobo twins yet hahaha! Yeah, oldie here too. Back in the day it was murder hobo heaven LOL! I like what you've done, Szem! Reminds me of Drizzt and Nojheim.
Last edited November 11, 2015 2:58 am
Nov 11, 2015 3:57 pm
I like it; I've always had sympathy for the opposition in the game. But then, I'm usually the DM, so I sort of have to...
Nov 11, 2015 10:45 pm
I first played when I was about 11 or 12 and at the time that's all my friends and I did. Enter a room, kill everything, loot, repeat. :-)

Loved it at the time - wouldn't appeal much to me now. The newbs did a pretty good job with it. It was actually kind of funny to see how timid they were with their characters ("I don't like the looks of this, let's go back") and how they were more interested in grappling the goblins so they could question them than outright killing them.

Glad ya like it. It's run a lot smoother than I thought it might going into this (mostly from my lack of experience running things).
Nov 12, 2015 1:25 am
Note that Valrakas DID move this turn; he did a dash (double move) to try to get close to the man for next round...
Nov 12, 2015 2:28 am
That was last turn which ended with the human smacking the goblin awake. Valrakas is the top of the order (and 10' away after his dash) after initiative rolls (and Cyriel and Vex already have their actions picked out for the current turn).

At least that's how I have it in my mind. Am I the only one?
Nov 12, 2015 3:39 am
You asking me? I can't read.

I keep track by looking at who has posted after the DM. So on that basis you are correct DM.
Nov 12, 2015 7:47 am
szemely says:
That was last turn which ended with the human smacking the goblin awake. Valrakas is the top of the order (and 10' away after his dash) after initiative rolls (and Cyriel and Vex already have their actions picked out for the current turn).

At least that's how I have it in my mind. Am I the only one?
No, you're absolutely right. I was confusing the second round with this third round.
Nov 13, 2015 2:48 am
I'll have something posted in the main thread tomorrow. A bit beat after tonight's festivities...
Nov 18, 2015 3:17 pm
Added "Or ye can hold on t'me while I swim" to Valrakas' dialogue. With that option would I be making swim checks at disadvantage? Obviously not the best idea.
Nov 18, 2015 5:31 pm
To cross the river without getting hit with an exhaustion penalty you need one successful athletics check out of three tries. Carrying Brynn across will result in a disadvantage to each of those rolls but the worst case scenario is you'll turn up on the other bank exhausted (which may or may not mean anything at this point in the game).
Nov 21, 2015 5:22 am
Well, I think that about wraps this one shot up. I loved how it played completely different from when I ran it with my newbie friends face to face and quite liked running a game in this format. Definitely some advantages to the play by forum format!

Thanks for playing, everyone. You've all made my first experience running a game here a very pleasant one!
Nov 21, 2015 6:59 am
Was a good game, look forward to you running another!
Nov 21, 2015 7:01 am
I really enjoyed it too! I wish this wasn't a one shot! Hehe!
Nov 21, 2015 12:42 pm
Oh!! Well do we level up ? Haha. Actually I quite liked Cyriel as a character. Fun playing with you all.
Nov 22, 2015 5:19 pm
I'm most likely going to be setting up something else here before the end of the month. I'll let ya all know before setting it up officially. As for this one I'm going to officially retire the game in the next couple of days just to clear it from my list. The forum should still stick around although I don't think anyone will have permission to post to it anymore.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.