New Member looking for a New Game

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 25, 2018 1:26 am
Hey everyone. I am an experienced PbP GM and player but have recently joined the community. For anyone that wants to know more about me you can check this link. I have come here hoping to get caught up in games that my regular PbP board doesn't really have a lot of interest in, namely L5R or DnD 5e. I'd be happy to GM or act as a player, though given my long history as a GM I'd prefer to play but I remain flexible. Let me know if you're interested and I'm sure we can work something out.
Dec 25, 2018 8:36 am
I have been toying with the idea to start another campaign in my homebrew world of Corvus on another continent then the one my olayers are at now. I want to start to expand my world and make it more connected. It is only in the pre alpha stages of planning rught now but I will be starting it sometime next year. I'll send an invite if your still around then.
Dec 25, 2018 9:19 am
I see no reason why I wouldn't be and I appreciate it, was this for DnD 5e?
Dec 25, 2018 3:51 pm
Yes. Definitely the systemI know best.
Dec 25, 2018 7:39 pm
Awesome. If you need someone to read over what you are putting together let me know :)
Dec 26, 2018 7:44 pm
Any luck finding a game Whistler? If not, I'd be happy to run a 5e learning-friendly game.
Dec 26, 2018 8:11 pm
Not as yet. If you'd be up for that, that would be appreciated. Would you be using a sourcebook or something homebrewed? I may also create a more specific recruitment thread for an L5R game and see if we get any takers.
Last edited December 26, 2018 8:13 pm
Dec 26, 2018 8:15 pm
I think that I'll find a pre-written adventure for the core of the story. Any thing in particular you are interested in? For example, maybe pirates, mounted nomads, dungeons, Lovecraftian horror, evil wizards, invasion...?

I'm too inexperienced in the lore to attempt to run L5R.
Last edited December 26, 2018 8:16 pm
Dec 26, 2018 8:23 pm
As cliche as this is going to sound, I really am in love with the dragons both Metallic and Chromatic. As for L5R, I had thought of a game that is timeline ambigious that revolves around the Shadowlands. I thought perhaps the characters could start as Ronin heading to Crab lands to take part in the Twenty Goblin Winter and from there could climb the ranks of the Crab and embroil themselves in the wider poltics of the Rokugan. I also have a few other ideas up my sleeve that I dont want to give away.
Dec 26, 2018 8:27 pm
Dragons, nice. Done. I'll find or write a suitable adventure and post a game up tomorrow.

The L5R idea you have sounds great. I love the idea of Ronin, and Crab + Shadowlands is perfect.
Dec 26, 2018 8:30 pm
Thanks so much on both counts! My only question is whether you would prefer 4e or 5e for L5R?
Dec 26, 2018 8:40 pm
I'm not sure that I have a strong preference about the edition. I have both, I've played in a 4e campaign once, and haven't really read the FFG 5th gamebook but that is in my to do list. My preference, in general, is to always try new things.
Dec 26, 2018 8:44 pm
I dont have the 5e book at the moment but I do plan to pick it up in a couple of weeks once I'm paid. If you are happy to wait for a bit we can do 5e. I have heard good things about it.
Dec 26, 2018 8:48 pm
Waiting suits me fine. This is a pretty busy time of the year for me.
Dec 26, 2018 8:50 pm
Okay no worries. Also if there is a clan you would rather play as than the crab I can set up an equivalent for the clan of your choice.
Dec 26, 2018 9:09 pm
Crabs fine. The last character concept I had was a merchant's son living in Mantis lands who understood the family dark secret to be that they were etta, until one night he sees his father, drunk, holding a secreted katana with a Crab family mon. It turns out that his father was a Crab samurai who accepted banishment to hide the dishonor of a beloved lord.
Dec 26, 2018 10:08 pm
That would be a good concept, since the Twenty Goblin Winter would be a way for him to rejoin the clan. Is he recognised as a Mantis Samurai?
Dec 26, 2018 10:11 pm
As envisioned, no. His family are posing as merchant class, of no particular clan allegiance, other than pledging loyalty to the ruler of the Mantis city.
Dec 26, 2018 10:14 pm
Ah with you now, its early here I need more coffee. Cool, so the plan would be to pose as a Ronin and travel to the Crab lands?
Last edited December 26, 2018 10:15 pm
Dec 26, 2018 10:24 pm
Exactly so. Maybe with father's stolen katana, the mon removed and hidden.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.