Gmail blocking emails from GP

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Jan 22, 2019 9:08 pm
Frankly, I really appreciate all of the communication from this site. Really, you are class acts and take care of us. This is why this is a community, and not "just another site."

Thank you :)
Jan 22, 2019 10:18 pm
Keleth says:
Ok, sounds like marking them as not spam is helping? And I'll keep working on more reliable emails, though I haven't found one that's cost effective yet.
I did that and only one time before they started coming back through
Jan 25, 2019 10:23 am
I added the gamersplane email address to my contacts list and immediately started getting notifications again.
Jan 25, 2019 2:21 pm
Does this work for folks hoping to verify an account, too? Thanks
Jan 28, 2019 4:40 pm
There's no dkim record showing for the domain, and the email provider you use isn't listed as safe for bulk email, so it's highly likely that the problem will happen again.

Possible solutions or partial solutions include creating adkim record or limiting the amount of emails sent out by doing hourly or daily pushes.
Last edited January 28, 2019 4:41 pm
Jan 28, 2019 5:30 pm
Hm... I add a dkim years ago, but maybe I created it incorrectly?

I need to figure out how to setup a dkim with my current server, if even possible. I may have to go for another service, which... would get expensive.

Ok, more correct research shows I do have a domain key, but for some reason, DigitalOcean only lets me label it 'gamersplane.com._domainkey.gamersplane.com'. I think it's supposed to be 'gamersplane.com._domainkey'?

Hopefully last follow up: I'm an idiot. I added the DKIM tags to the DNS and assumed that was all I had to do. Looks like I need to also attach it to the messages themselves, since the server uses it's own local SMTP, not my mail server (I'm currently unsure how to get the server to use my mail server). I guess more info = good?
Jan 28, 2019 8:10 pm
THESE PAGES show you how to redirect from DigitalOcean to another provider.
Last edited January 28, 2019 8:11 pm
Jan 28, 2019 9:13 pm
Sorry if I was unclear. Records are setup; everything points from DigitalOcean correctly. The app server sends emails from it's own default SMTP, and thus never gets the KDIM tags. I feel certain emails I send (eg, through Thunderbird, not the app server) have the dkim attached, thus why they have a much lower failure rate.
Jan 28, 2019 10:14 pm
Ah. What setup are you using for email in general? (If it would not be a good idea to put that here, shoot me a PM?)
Feb 14, 2019 10:24 pm
I don’t get any emails and I use BT yahoo
Feb 15, 2019 9:46 pm
Falconloft says:
Ah. What setup are you using for email in general? (If it would not be a good idea to put that here, shoot me a PM?)
Sorry, missed this message. Currently, I use the built in mail service on the server. I never configured it. It's not something I have any experience with :/
Feb 18, 2019 10:00 pm
+1 for this! Often, small public libraries will get their domains blacklisted by email servers because they use consumer ISP email accounts and send out auto-generated overdue notices in bulk that seem suspicious. Have you checked to see if the domain has been blacklisted?
May 4, 2019 11:31 pm
I have dealt several times with the problem, that emails are mistakenly identified as spam.

At first you should send an e-mail to the email address which you can see when you visit following page: https://www.mail-tester.com
Just create a account at gamersplane with the email address.
Mail-Tester will present you very good recomendations.

If you reach a score of 10/10 points and the mails are still identified as spam i would recommend to use sendgrid. Those Mailservers can be whitelisted. I have used this service in large E-Commerce projects with great results.

I hope this helps.
Aug 30, 2019 10:12 am
This one doesn't even have a cover story to make it subtle.

Spam accounts, step up your game
Aug 30, 2019 12:59 pm
bowlofspinach says:
This one doesn't even have a cover story to make it subtle.

Spam accounts, step up your game
Boo! I agree! At least make an attempt to deceive us, spam. You can do better!
Jan 23, 2020 4:07 pm
Did we ever get this Gmail notification/trash issue sussed out?

Asking for a friend....

I'm the friend.
I'm back.
I think I'm back.

I'm trying to be back.
Jan 24, 2020 4:59 pm
It seems to come and go Matt. I'm looking into how much various mail services will cost GP, and may go with that method. Otherwise, it'll just be keep trying to work on it.
Jan 24, 2020 5:00 pm
I've noticed that my game invites do eventually show up in my Gmail inbox, they're just really delayed.
Jan 24, 2020 6:35 pm
I use a Yahoo mail address and I get them pretty much instantly
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.