Chapter One: The Siege of Castle Rend

load previous
Jul 31, 2019 5:56 am
"I don't like the way you said help," laments Knobbenkirk, though he cannot argue against the sheer number of orcs present. He lifts his hands in surrender.
Jul 31, 2019 7:35 am
Brunhilde draws herself up and moves to stand slightly ahead of the rest of the group, hoping to buy everyone else a few seconds to try and flee if this turns sour. "Well, whilst I'd like to know what help you need from us I'd have your name first. I'm Brunhilde Rockingham" she stands and waits for a response from the orc
Aug 2, 2019 1:53 pm
Rava likewise stands up and moves towards the orcs. I admit myself intrigued. When I left the confines of the woods, your clans were not so bold as to attack the city, and you lived peacefully alongside my tribe. What has changed? he says, raising an eyebrow.
Aug 3, 2019 2:03 am
"I am Dorokor," the female says, "I am the leader of my tribe. One of yours, a man named Pelliton, captured my mate and said he would kill him if we did not slay the ruling family for him."

She pauses, clearly bothered by the re-telling, "We killed all but the boy, who we knocked unconscious when another man arrived. We left then and the next day, the head of my mate was found in the weeds outside with a dagger stabbed through the eye..." she finishes with some difficulty.
Aug 3, 2019 1:41 pm
Rava's neck bristles at the mention of Pelliton. There are things to be said in order. First, may fang and claw keep his soul until you can shield each other again, Dorokor. he says, offering the sentiment of condolence that he'd been told of when he was growing up, complete with a traditional double thump of his chest with a single hand.

Secondly, Pelliton is not one of ours. That cretin is not worthy of his knighthood. A common bully. I apologize for all that he has done to you. While I, and Isana Thalas, trust a chief's word, there are others less inclined. Do you have any other proof I could use to sway them of Pelliton's arrogance and crime? To contract the killing of the very family he is sworn to protect is unfathomable. he says, eyes growing very dark.
Last edited August 3, 2019 1:42 pm
Aug 3, 2019 4:57 pm
"Wait wait wait, hang on," says Knobbenkirk, hands dropping to his sides now that it seems there's no imminent threat of crossbow bolts. "Why's he want the mayor dead?"
Aug 6, 2019 4:14 am
Dorokor deflates a bit, "I'm afraid that I don't have any proof," she says, "And I am not sure what his reasoning was for it. But I swear by blood and bone that it is true."

Rava recognizes this as the most solemn vow an orc can make to someone not of their own tribe.
Aug 6, 2019 11:19 am
Brunhilde nods at Dorokor as she relays the fate of her mate, a look of understanding more than sympathy crossing her face for a moment. "So that get's us to where we are now, what is it you are proposing then? I'm pretty sure if you wanted us dead you wouldn't be wasting time or air having a chat first"
Aug 7, 2019 4:15 am
"You are more familiar with the dealings of men than we are,"
Aug 9, 2019 1:57 am
Rava nods solemnly. That is enough for me. We are more familiar, this is true. How can we use that to your advantage? Have you sent a beastrider to the elven enclaves yet? Rava says, rubbing his wrists.
Aug 9, 2019 4:23 am
"Whoa, hang on about your elves, buddy," says Knobbenkirk, pushing his way forward. "If you were hired by Pelliton to kill the mayor's family, why'd you go and blow up Pinna's place?"
Aug 12, 2019 1:59 pm
Brunhilde stares at Dorokor waiting for a response to the others questions.
OOC:
Going to lob an Insight check out there, trying to determine if Dorokor is on the up and up

Rolls

Insight - (1d20+2)

(4) + 2 = 6

Aug 13, 2019 12:31 am
"We haven't yet sent a rider to the elves," she admits, "Things have been tense lately. An elven child went missing recently and some of the elves blame us for it."

"As far as Pinna goes, we figured we could use her as a bargaining chip if your people decided to attack," Dorokor says, "She will tell you that she hasn't been harmed. The explosion was an accident... When they took her, one of my people knocked over her alchemy set and set off an explosion."

As far as Brunhilde can tell, Dorokor is being totally open and honest.
Aug 13, 2019 2:32 pm
Hmmm. Do you have any thoughts what happened to the elven child? It is disturbing, but I trust it isn't your clan. As mentioned, if you had something against us, we would already be dead. Rava says gently. Would you permit us to talk with Pinna? I have some other questions the lass may be able to answer.
Aug 13, 2019 4:55 pm
Knobbenkirk pipes up, "Well, you're right about one thing. The new mayor wants your head, and Pelliton says he's going to be the one to get it."

The gnome shrugs. "I mean, we're only here 'cause you took Pinna and blew up half the neighborhood. Don't know that you're winning over any friends, I gotta say." He conveniently omits the party's initial desire to obtain the bounty for themselves.
Aug 13, 2019 7:51 pm
"I can't say with any confidence what happened to the child," Dorokor replies, "But there's been something roaming the forest in the night, so it could be related."

Pinna, who is standing beside Rava, looks to the elven ranger, "What questions can I answer?"
Aug 13, 2019 8:20 pm
OOC:
HAH, completely missed the part where Pinna was in the room with us.
The mention of something roaming his forest at night sets his spine straight. That's a subject I would very much like to cover Dorokor. It bears definite investigation. he turns at Pinna's words. My apologies, I didn't mean to speak as if you weren't here. Now, it's very important to be truthful. I don't know how much you know about me? he says, kneeling down to be closer to her level.
Last edited August 16, 2019 3:05 am
Aug 14, 2019 7:15 am
Whilst Rava is speaking with Pina Brunhilde addresses Dorokor "Well it certainly seems like you're genuine but you're asking for a lot of trust and that can be hard to come by at the best of times. If you return our kit it'd be a good sign of trust"
Aug 14, 2019 5:31 pm
Knobbenkirk nods. "Yes, it would be great to have all my stuff back," he says, even as he stands there fully-equipped.

Rolls

Deception - (1d20-1)

(11) - 1 = 10

Aug 16, 2019 2:32 am
Pinna smiles at Rava, "I know the stories you've told me. Of your people in the forest and your status as their representative," she says, "You've always struck me as kind and fair."

Dorokor nods, "Fetch their things," she says, not acknowledging Knob's request for his 'stuff'
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.