Anyone need help with source material?

Sep 26, 2015 3:45 pm
It's not a requirement to own/buy Force and Destiny if you're not interest. I'm happy to help work with someone through character creation (or perhaps a player who has the material would be willing to help out as well). There are four templates in the beginner's game that I can make available if people are so-inclined.
Sep 26, 2015 6:03 pm
Probably take me a day or three to get a character made up. Have never played but I'll start poking through the book this afternoon.
Sep 26, 2015 6:24 pm
I'm looking at a Mirialan background ex-military that spent a lot of his time in the wilderness versus civil environment, careerwise leaning towards Seeker/Ataru Striker. Curious what everyone is picking for a force power if they're going that route or powers. Wanted to know in advance so we don't all pick the same powers. XD So kinda done, just have to build on the site and make last minute tweaks.
Last edited September 26, 2015 6:26 pm
Sep 27, 2015 2:02 am
Thinking of playing a Human Consular with a Healer specialization. More details as I figure them out in the next day or two.
Sep 27, 2015 5:29 am
Like Szemely, this'll be my first FaD character. I'll post any questions in this thread.
Sep 27, 2015 12:53 pm
I did find a character builder program although you need the books for all the juicy bits still which is good for FFG.
Sep 27, 2015 2:03 pm
Remnant says:
I'm looking at a Mirialan background ex-military that spent a lot of his time in the wilderness versus civil environment, careerwise leaning towards Seeker/Ataru Striker. Curious what everyone is picking for a force power if they're going that route or powers. Wanted to know in advance so we don't all pick the same powers. XD So kinda done, just have to build on the site and make last minute tweaks.
Remnant, since you weren't certain about Force power(s) I haven't accepted the character yet (as I don't know if that'll lock your ability to make changes). If there's no harm in accepting the character, let me know and I will.

I also notice that you had character sheet problems -- is this something we should report on the bug forums?
Sep 27, 2015 2:56 pm
Characters can still be edited after they are accepted. As GM, you still have the option to "remove character" if there are changes that aren't satisfactory (or, more likely, when a player drops out for whatever reason). But the player usually needs to be able to edit the character, for documenting additional skills, noting wounds, or just making a journal.
Sep 27, 2015 4:23 pm
I have but have not played the Beginner's Game. I'm thinking that I might just play Kaveri, if that's OK with you. I think her background appeals, and of course how could I resist a Seeker?
Sep 27, 2015 9:29 pm
@Falyryx, I picked Influence for the power since going with the background I thought it made sense, I figure if someone else wanted it though I'd pick something else. For my issue if you add more than one skill (the default) to the character sheet it wipes everything (at least at creation), I reported it under bugs haven't checked to see what K said for an update yet though. I also added in Morality under the Duty/Oblig sections since there's no place to input it on the sheet.
Sep 27, 2015 10:56 pm
Remnant says:
@Falyryx, I picked Influence for the power since going with the background I thought it made sense, I figure if someone else wanted it though I'd pick something else. For my issue if you add more than one skill (the default) to the character sheet it wipes everything (at least at creation), I reported it under bugs haven't checked to see what K said for an update yet though. I also added in Morality under the Duty/Oblig sections since there's no place to input it on the sheet.
Sounds good!
Sep 27, 2015 10:58 pm
spaceseeker19 says:
I have but have not played the Beginner's Game. I'm thinking that I might just play Kaveri, if that's OK with you. I think her background appeals, and of course how could I resist a Seeker?
No concerns here. Obviously unless someone picks Dao, that part of your background may not work (or might work if another player would like to fill the role of Force sensitive stow-away).
Sep 28, 2015 2:51 pm
fyi K fixed my issue. XD
Sep 28, 2015 5:07 pm
Oh since I won't be starting with a light saber maybe I'm the stow away if need be.
Sep 28, 2015 7:26 pm
I'm almost done making my character from the Force and Destiny Corebook. It will be a Twi'lek Sentinel (Shadow) with a motivation for Revenge.
Sep 28, 2015 8:06 pm
We could stick with the stowaway angle, but in my mind, it's not really necessary. The core of the relationship (as I see it) is that Kaveri has found someone who is more knowledgeable in the ways of the Force from whom she can learn. So that could work, too.
Sep 28, 2015 9:36 pm
I hope to have a character submitted tonight. Not knowing jack about Star Wars is making the whole background thing a little tough so it'll most likely be pretty generic.
Sep 28, 2015 10:17 pm
szemely says:
I hope to have a character submitted tonight. Not knowing jack about Star Wars is making the whole background thing a little tough so it'll most likely be pretty generic.
If you've not seen the movies and don't mind spoilers, there's a reasonable summary at sparknotes. I only skimmed it, but it seemed to have a good combination of detail and overview. The timeline for this campaign is somewhere between Episode IV (the original Star Wars movie) and Episode V -- or it could be considered to overlap with Episode V depending on the dates involved (there's a 2-3 year gap between the destruction of the Death Star and the subsequent Battle of Hoth).

Note also that if you haven't seen the movies and are interested in doing so, I highly recommend the Machete Order.
Sep 29, 2015 5:11 am
Submitted my Twi'lek Shadow. I hope I got everything alright. For saying that this was a very "easy" setup in the corebook, it really wasn't. Maybe in comparison to Shadowrun it was. In comparison to D&D it was quite a bit more complex.

I wasn't sure where to put my background stuff. I also had no idea what "Obligations" was for, it didn't mention that term in the Force and Destiny corebook.

My motivation is revenge against a sith lord that I was a slave under in the past. After escaping I vowed revenge against him and his kind. That drove me to the Shadow role. I spent all my starting money on a Vibrodagger, a concealable blaster, and some robes. Probably should have taken extra money, but I took 10 extra XP so I could some extra numbers bumps. I really boosted up my Cunning and Agility. I'm hoping to be pretty sneaky.
Sep 29, 2015 12:37 pm
@szemely Just look through the corebook or beta for Human to see starting stats and XP (110? Don't have the book one me) plus any bonus skills you start with, check out the Consular and the free skill points you get from your list, pick your specialization (didn't know if you meant a Consular with the Healer Specialization or the force power). Figure out what kind of person you wanted to be and pick skills that seem to fit. Then spend your XPs where you like, from my reading I believe your stats aren't really boostable past character creation without a lot of stock piling (new stat boost is the new amount times ten). Hope that helps. Also the character creator program helps also.

@ PhantomNimbus, the character sheet on Gamer's Plane is for Edge of the Empire so Obligations are something a smuggler,bounter hunter, pirate? might have. AoR has Duty we have Morality. I don't think anyone ever requested a different sheet. I actually forgot to put in my Plus and Minus motivations until you mentioned it and the background areas from character creation as well. Guess I'll put mine in the Notes area. I guess since you'd going sneaky you're looking at Coordination and Stealth right? I also took the extra XP option characteristics ain't cheap. D=

Am I the only one who thought Lightsabers are kinda pricey and probably hard to come by.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.