Hm... seems like you're using IE. Can I suggest a better browser, such as Firefox, Chrome or Opera? There are other choices too.

If you wanna stick with IE, or can't switch, I'll warn you right now, while most of this site should work with IE, stuff might come up buggy, so you might not enjoy it as much...

1.0 - The Rescue of Hethan Romund

Oct 7, 2015 10:39 pm
OOC: Each character should take 2 strain to represent the work you've done to climb this far.

You stand at the bottom of a steep stone rise, clad in snow and ice. It's not especially tall, but you will need to brave the elements and exert yourself to reach the top. The path continues upward in a tight switchback exposed to the howling winds. To your left, several tall evergreen trees brush against the cliff face, where smaller trees cling to cracks in the rock. A more direct route would be to scramble straight up the rocks and ice to the valley above. In any event, you ahve to go up if you're going to rescue Romund.

What do you do?
Oct 8, 2015 12:17 pm
Dagger will continue up the windy path. He clutched his conceiling robes to himself and braves the elements. He checks back to see if the rest of the group is still right behind him. He only hopes that those called by Romund have not been too late.
Oct 8, 2015 12:31 pm
Heyop’s breath reverberated against his face mask of simple clothes a simple soft growl being uttered. He was use to the elements and the outdoors but he never liked the cold. Romund had done much to enlighten the young Mirialan in the ways of the Force where those of his religion could not. This debt steeped in faith had brought him here at part of the repayment and to help a good person and mentor in need. He knew little of the others he had made the journey with so far but if they were here to assist Romund they were just in their own reasons and causes for being here through his eyes. Looking around the area Heyop would scan for wildlife and the state of others in the group to see if they were having trouble and assist as needed. Better to get there safely and together than in tattered numbers quickly in a battered state.

(OoC: Let me know if I actually need to roll perception, athletics, or whatever. I’d like to scan the area, move at a steady pace, and assist others if need be to keep the steady pace, time is limited)
Oct 8, 2015 10:18 pm
Following the others up the rise Csillag lets her mind wander for a moment as she fondly remembers her time with Romund. Her advice has kept Csillag safe from the Empire and allowed her to hone her skills without drawing attention to herself. The wind snaps Csillag back to reality as she continues her climb. "It had to be Spintir..."
Oct 9, 2015 9:33 am
"Would any of you like to join me going this way?" Kaveri gestures toward the trees. "It'll be less windy."
Oct 9, 2015 1:36 pm
Heyop hearing the idea from Kaveri scanned the area looking towards the tree line and their destination. It would be less windy and probably quicker but would they end up being buried... it may provide them some cover during their approach though and since they didn't know what they were getting into. "Maybe, I'll go check it out to see if it's safe to traverse." he stated moving away from the group towards the tree line.
Oct 9, 2015 3:08 pm
OOC: Dagger & Csillag -- please roll an Easy https://s3.amazonaws.com/forceanddestiny/FFG-purple.png Resilience check.

Heynop and Kaveri approach the trees. They are each well structured evergreens that look like they'd be fairly straight forward to climb. However some missing branches here and there suggest that an ascent would include hopping from one tree to another a few times as you reach the top of the rise. It's not a climb that either of you could imagine the famously flat-footed Cereans would find straightforward. Confident in your own dexterity, it looks straightforward enough and quite a bit less blustery.

OOC: Heynop and Kaveri - if you opt to head this route, an Easy https://s3.amazonaws.com/forceanddestiny/FFG-purple.png Coordination check is required.
Oct 9, 2015 3:37 pm
Pulling out his commlink Heyop let the other two know they'd be moving ahead this alternate way, if they saw something they'd let them know in advance. Holstering the device he started up the alternate route.

At least this way won't be as cold... he thought to himself.

(OoC: Coordination Check at Rank 1 Agility of 3 so YGG plus P for difficulty level, Conditioned Rank 1 doesn't come into play since no set back die.)

Rolls

Coordination Check for Treetop path

4 Success, 2 Threat

Total: 4 Success, 2 Threat

Oct 9, 2015 5:50 pm
Dagger fights the elements, wishing that Hethan could have been captured to a planet with a much warmer climate.

Rolls

Resiliance Check

2 Advantage, 1 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Failure, 1 Advantage

Oct 9, 2015 6:15 pm
Her attempts at using Dagger as a shield proves unsuccessful as Csillag leans into the wind.
Last edited October 9, 2015 6:19 pm, a total of 1 time

Rolls

Resilience Check

2 Success, 1 Advantage, 1 Threat

Total: 2 Success

Oct 10, 2015 12:06 am
Heyop scrambles up the trees towards the top. Although he avoids the wind, the recent cold weather has caused some of the condensation in the trees to freeze over, providing a slippery surface for a climber. A few times, Heyop stumbles. He gets a bit scratched up and receives some soft evergreen needles in the face, irritating his left eye. Despite the scrapes, Heyop reaches the top feeling confident about taking decisive action to rescue Hethan.

Dagger leans into the wind and staggers along the narrow switchback to the top. The effort is intense, and he rues as the cold wind seems to push against his very mind to keep him off the top of the mountainside. Csillag manages to slip past Dagger as he climbs. Csillag makes it to the top of the stone rise, easily surpassing the challenge and feeling good about the outcome. Dagger finally crests the rise after Csillag, discouraged that he’s bringing up the rear – though his careful pace has enabled him to recuperate from the initial climb, somewhat.

OOC: Heyop suffers 2 (two) strain as a result of the climb due to disadvantage.
OOC: Dagger recovers 1 (one) strain due to his advantage.
Oct 10, 2015 2:20 am
Dagger comes up behind Csillag on the crest of the hill. "See anything?", he says scanning the scene for himself.

[ OOC: Let me know if you want me to roll for it, but I don't think it will be pretty simple to just look around. :) ]
Oct 10, 2015 11:06 pm
Heyop shook his head looking around from the top of the treeline spitting out a stray pine needle that had gotten caught in his mouth. Blinking a few times he'd scan the area. He wondered what had happened to his fellow treetop running. For the moment he gave pause. Once the group meet back up he'd see about checking the area out or resting for a few moments if need be.

(OoC: Let me know if I need to go back to search or if we have a moment to rest/heal strain)
Oct 10, 2015 11:41 pm
"Not a thing!" Csillag answers Dagger as she continues to try and shield herself from the wind. "Not even sure what we're supposed to be looking for..."
Oct 11, 2015 4:20 am
"I'm not sure either, but our coms say the distress signal is coming from this mountain. We can't be far", he soldiers on, scanning the mountain for any signs of a cave or any ancient ruins.

[ OOC: I figure instead of just asking for rolls constantly I should at least just roll what I know I can, you can roll any negatives I might have and then I'll work out my final result and try to suss out advantages and etc. I have a Cunning of 3, but no perception, so just the 3 green dice. ]
Last edited October 11, 2015 4:22 am, a total of 1 time

Rolls

Perception (Cunning)

1 Success, 2 Advantage

Total: 1 Success, 2 Advantage

Oct 11, 2015 2:45 pm
Kaveri appears at the top of the rise, looking quite pleased with her easy climb -- having avoided some of the mis-steps taken by Heyop (1 success and 5 advantage). Her careful ascension did take more time, but she arrives at the top well rested and confident in her self. OOC: Kaveri can recover both of the strain she has already suffered. Also note I rolled for Kaveri and continued due to a couple day wait -- if this is Not Done or makes anyone unhappy, please let me know. I'm trying to find the right balance between moving the story along and giving folks a chance to control their characters.

Heyop has been able to use the few moment's rest provided by Kaveri's climb to catch his breath. OOC: Heyop, please roll a Simple (no difficulty die) Cool or Discipline check. You can recover one strain for each success.

Having reached the top of the steep climb and looked around, you take in a marvelous view of the wilderness of Spintir. You are now quite high up the slopes of the mountain, and spread out before you is a tapestry of icy peaks, snow-clad forests, and rolling hills. Above you still is the forbidding summit of Mount Tellec, reachable only by passing through a densely wooded valley. You figure it's at least another hour of hard going before you reach the temple where Malefax, hopefully, is holding your mentor. But before you can resume your hike, a flickering ghostly figure appears before you! He appears to be an older Cerean male wearing simple robes, but comprised entirely of silvery-blue light. "Hello," says the figure. "I am the Gatekeeper."

"Welcome," he says, "to my valley. You handled the climb well; you may be useful. But first I must know: what is your purpose here?"
Oct 11, 2015 2:48 pm
Dagger's scan of the scenery doesn't turn up anything in particular, but doing so centers and calms him.

OOC: Dagger may recover 1 strain.
Oct 11, 2015 8:29 pm
Looking around to the others Dagger speaks up. "We are here to find our mentor", he eyes this ghostly visage carefully.
Oct 11, 2015 8:53 pm
Csillag carefully studies the robed figure trying to determine anything about it that might be useful.

OOC: I'm going to assume a perception roll, which I have 2 Rank in as well as a 3 Cunning Rank. 1 Green and 2 Yellow, yes?(Just completely ignore this if it's out of line for what's going on)

Rolls

Perception Roll

3 Success

Total: 3 Success

1 of 16
1 2 3 > Last >>

You do not have permission to post in this thread.