1.0 - The Rescue of Hethan Romund

Oct 7, 2015 10:39 pm
OOC: Each character should take 2 strain to represent the work you've done to climb this far.

You stand at the bottom of a steep stone rise, clad in snow and ice. It's not especially tall, but you will need to brave the elements and exert yourself to reach the top. The path continues upward in a tight switchback exposed to the howling winds. To your left, several tall evergreen trees brush against the cliff face, where smaller trees cling to cracks in the rock. A more direct route would be to scramble straight up the rocks and ice to the valley above. In any event, you ahve to go up if you're going to rescue Romund.

What do you do?
Oct 8, 2015 12:17 pm
Dagger will continue up the windy path. He clutched his conceiling robes to himself and braves the elements. He checks back to see if the rest of the group is still right behind him. He only hopes that those called by Romund have not been too late.
Oct 8, 2015 12:31 pm
Heyop’s breath reverberated against his face mask of simple clothes a simple soft growl being uttered. He was use to the elements and the outdoors but he never liked the cold. Romund had done much to enlighten the young Mirialan in the ways of the Force where those of his religion could not. This debt steeped in faith had brought him here at part of the repayment and to help a good person and mentor in need. He knew little of the others he had made the journey with so far but if they were here to assist Romund they were just in their own reasons and causes for being here through his eyes. Looking around the area Heyop would scan for wildlife and the state of others in the group to see if they were having trouble and assist as needed. Better to get there safely and together than in tattered numbers quickly in a battered state.

(OoC: Let me know if I actually need to roll perception, athletics, or whatever. I’d like to scan the area, move at a steady pace, and assist others if need be to keep the steady pace, time is limited)
Oct 8, 2015 10:18 pm
Following the others up the rise Csillag lets her mind wander for a moment as she fondly remembers her time with Romund. Her advice has kept Csillag safe from the Empire and allowed her to hone her skills without drawing attention to herself. The wind snaps Csillag back to reality as she continues her climb. "It had to be Spintir..."
Oct 9, 2015 9:33 am
"Would any of you like to join me going this way?" Kaveri gestures toward the trees. "It'll be less windy."
Oct 9, 2015 1:36 pm
Heyop hearing the idea from Kaveri scanned the area looking towards the tree line and their destination. It would be less windy and probably quicker but would they end up being buried... it may provide them some cover during their approach though and since they didn't know what they were getting into. "Maybe, I'll go check it out to see if it's safe to traverse." he stated moving away from the group towards the tree line.
Oct 9, 2015 3:08 pm
OOC: Dagger & Csillag -- please roll an Easy https://s3.amazonaws.com/forceanddestiny/FFG-purple.png Resilience check.

Heynop and Kaveri approach the trees. They are each well structured evergreens that look like they'd be fairly straight forward to climb. However some missing branches here and there suggest that an ascent would include hopping from one tree to another a few times as you reach the top of the rise. It's not a climb that either of you could imagine the famously flat-footed Cereans would find straightforward. Confident in your own dexterity, it looks straightforward enough and quite a bit less blustery.

OOC: Heynop and Kaveri - if you opt to head this route, an Easy https://s3.amazonaws.com/forceanddestiny/FFG-purple.png Coordination check is required.
Oct 9, 2015 3:37 pm
Pulling out his commlink Heyop let the other two know they'd be moving ahead this alternate way, if they saw something they'd let them know in advance. Holstering the device he started up the alternate route.

At least this way won't be as cold... he thought to himself.

(OoC: Coordination Check at Rank 1 Agility of 3 so YGG plus P for difficulty level, Conditioned Rank 1 doesn't come into play since no set back die.)

Rolls

Coordination Check for Treetop path

4 Success, 2 Threat

Total: 4 Success, 2 Threat

Oct 9, 2015 5:50 pm
Dagger fights the elements, wishing that Hethan could have been captured to a planet with a much warmer climate.

Rolls

Resiliance Check

2 Advantage, 1 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Failure, 1 Advantage

Oct 9, 2015 6:15 pm
Her attempts at using Dagger as a shield proves unsuccessful as Csillag leans into the wind.
Last edited October 9, 2015 6:19 pm

Rolls

Resilience Check

2 Success, 1 Advantage, 1 Threat

Total: 2 Success

Oct 10, 2015 12:06 am
Heyop scrambles up the trees towards the top. Although he avoids the wind, the recent cold weather has caused some of the condensation in the trees to freeze over, providing a slippery surface for a climber. A few times, Heyop stumbles. He gets a bit scratched up and receives some soft evergreen needles in the face, irritating his left eye. Despite the scrapes, Heyop reaches the top feeling confident about taking decisive action to rescue Hethan.

Dagger leans into the wind and staggers along the narrow switchback to the top. The effort is intense, and he rues as the cold wind seems to push against his very mind to keep him off the top of the mountainside. Csillag manages to slip past Dagger as he climbs. Csillag makes it to the top of the stone rise, easily surpassing the challenge and feeling good about the outcome. Dagger finally crests the rise after Csillag, discouraged that he’s bringing up the rear – though his careful pace has enabled him to recuperate from the initial climb, somewhat.

OOC: Heyop suffers 2 (two) strain as a result of the climb due to disadvantage.
OOC: Dagger recovers 1 (one) strain due to his advantage.
Oct 10, 2015 2:20 am
Dagger comes up behind Csillag on the crest of the hill. "See anything?", he says scanning the scene for himself.

[ OOC: Let me know if you want me to roll for it, but I don't think it will be pretty simple to just look around. :) ]
Oct 10, 2015 11:06 pm
Heyop shook his head looking around from the top of the treeline spitting out a stray pine needle that had gotten caught in his mouth. Blinking a few times he'd scan the area. He wondered what had happened to his fellow treetop running. For the moment he gave pause. Once the group meet back up he'd see about checking the area out or resting for a few moments if need be.

(OoC: Let me know if I need to go back to search or if we have a moment to rest/heal strain)
Oct 10, 2015 11:41 pm
"Not a thing!" Csillag answers Dagger as she continues to try and shield herself from the wind. "Not even sure what we're supposed to be looking for..."
Oct 11, 2015 4:20 am
"I'm not sure either, but our coms say the distress signal is coming from this mountain. We can't be far", he soldiers on, scanning the mountain for any signs of a cave or any ancient ruins.

[ OOC: I figure instead of just asking for rolls constantly I should at least just roll what I know I can, you can roll any negatives I might have and then I'll work out my final result and try to suss out advantages and etc. I have a Cunning of 3, but no perception, so just the 3 green dice. ]
Last edited October 11, 2015 4:22 am

Rolls

Perception (Cunning)

1 Success, 2 Advantage

Total: 1 Success, 2 Advantage

Oct 11, 2015 2:45 pm
Kaveri appears at the top of the rise, looking quite pleased with her easy climb -- having avoided some of the mis-steps taken by Heyop (1 success and 5 advantage). Her careful ascension did take more time, but she arrives at the top well rested and confident in her self. OOC: Kaveri can recover both of the strain she has already suffered. Also note I rolled for Kaveri and continued due to a couple day wait -- if this is Not Done or makes anyone unhappy, please let me know. I'm trying to find the right balance between moving the story along and giving folks a chance to control their characters.

Heyop has been able to use the few moment's rest provided by Kaveri's climb to catch his breath. OOC: Heyop, please roll a Simple (no difficulty die) Cool or Discipline check. You can recover one strain for each success.

Having reached the top of the steep climb and looked around, you take in a marvelous view of the wilderness of Spintir. You are now quite high up the slopes of the mountain, and spread out before you is a tapestry of icy peaks, snow-clad forests, and rolling hills. Above you still is the forbidding summit of Mount Tellec, reachable only by passing through a densely wooded valley. You figure it's at least another hour of hard going before you reach the temple where Malefax, hopefully, is holding your mentor. But before you can resume your hike, a flickering ghostly figure appears before you! He appears to be an older Cerean male wearing simple robes, but comprised entirely of silvery-blue light. "Hello," says the figure. "I am the Gatekeeper."

"Welcome," he says, "to my valley. You handled the climb well; you may be useful. But first I must know: what is your purpose here?"
Oct 11, 2015 2:48 pm
Dagger's scan of the scenery doesn't turn up anything in particular, but doing so centers and calms him.

OOC: Dagger may recover 1 strain.
Oct 11, 2015 8:29 pm
Looking around to the others Dagger speaks up. "We are here to find our mentor", he eyes this ghostly visage carefully.
Oct 11, 2015 8:53 pm
Csillag carefully studies the robed figure trying to determine anything about it that might be useful.

OOC: I'm going to assume a perception roll, which I have 2 Rank in as well as a 3 Cunning Rank. 1 Green and 2 Yellow, yes?(Just completely ignore this if it's out of line for what's going on)

Rolls

Perception Roll

3 Success

Total: 3 Success

Oct 11, 2015 11:42 pm
The Gatekeeper looks at Dagger and inquires, "And what makes you think you'll find your mentor here?" His arm waves across the scenery in front of you with his palm upward, "This is a lovely, but desolate place, with very little by way of sophisticated residents."

OOC: Csillag, how about a Knowledge (Lore) role?
Oct 12, 2015 12:06 am
OOC: Makes more sense, she'll give that a go.

OOC: GM adding 3 purple dice given the relatively esoteric nature of the knowledge being sought.

Rolls

Knowledge (Lore)

1 Success, 2 Advantage

Difficulty dice

3 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 3 Failure, 1 Threat

Oct 12, 2015 1:49 am
Csillag looks at the apparition and noodles for a bit. There's something tugging at the back of her mind about what she sees but, unfortunately, the details escape her.
Oct 12, 2015 6:07 am
"We come to rescue Hethan; her message suggested she has been taken here against her will."
Last edited October 12, 2015 6:08 am
Oct 12, 2015 10:50 am
Dusting off the last of the pine needles he could see Heyop addressed the figure scanning the area. "Our apologies for entering into your domain, we come as my companions have stated to find our elder and teacher. We will be in your domain as little as possible if we can manage it. Although we are in a bit of a hurry to find her you seem to possibly need help, is it something that needs immediate attention? Although I was taught to help those in need... having my mentor possible meet her end because of it leaves me conflicted. So if it's something that can wait or something we can do along the way I personally don't mind. But if it's something more... uh... I guess if you scratch our back so to speak we'll do the same..." Heyop said taking the time to loosen limbs from his jaunt through the trees and grabbing a hand of snow to rub over his face before dusting it off.

(OoC: My intent is still trying to press since we don't know where our mentor is but if we're in this Gatekeeper's land I think we have a few moments to hear him out unless it sounds like a elaborate favor that will take several days and delay us... also seeing about a barter of sorts for services rendered as a possibility maybe to help us find Romund.)

Rolls

Recovering Cool Rank 1 Presence 3 GGY

3 Success, 3 Advantage

Total: 3 Success, 3 Advantage

Oct 12, 2015 2:14 pm
This ghostly visage looks out at you and nods. "Yes, I am well aware of Hethan Romund and her fate. It is intertwined with how I would ask you to be of use to me. My temple is currently occupied by a servant of the dark side of the Force. I wish this villain removed, before his corruption of this sacred valley becomes permanent. The question remains wheter or not you are the people for the job, however."
Oct 12, 2015 2:36 pm
Heyop stopped at the words mid-stride doing an about-face and walking back in front of the visage of the Gatekeeper. It seemed the person required assistance in getting out whoever invaded the temple and they were the one most likely to have their mentor.

"We're all that's here in the immediate area. We don't really have the option to not do what we can or fail in this endeavor I don't think... With that said what do you need from us and what can you tell us about the situation so we can get this 'villian' out and get our mentor out of her situation? I'm all ears now. Dial us in on everything we need to know. " the Mirialan stated now giving the Gatekeeper his full attention.

(OoC: The group can probably tell Heyop's mood and posture have changed after the Gatekeeper's last statement being sharper in his movements and very militaristic now while talking to the Gatekeeper. He's polite but seems to want the blunt truthes and facts. Also let me know from my roll how much strain I recovered please.)
Oct 12, 2015 2:43 pm
"Do you mean Malefax, or another? Hethan mentioned that Malefax had taken her." Kaveri, finding herself growing agitated once more, attempts to calm herself. "If we must prove ourselves worthy to enter, please let us know how we may do so. We do not wish to trespass, only to rescue Hethan."
Last edited October 12, 2015 2:44 pm

Rolls

Cool check to regain composure

2 Success

Oct 12, 2015 3:49 pm
The being nods to Kaveri, who has mastered her emotions and senses... hints of age... around the apparition. "Yes, Malefax is the one about whom I speak. He is attempting to force your mentor to reveal the secrets of my temple. A vain attempt, as she does not know my secrets. However, he is completely ensnared by the dark side and utterly focused on increasing his own power. So what your mentor does, or does not, know is quite possibly irrelevant to him."

He then turns to look at Heyop and considers his offer...

OOC: Heyop -- roll a negotiation check opposed by a red and purple die and add a boost die due to your successful climb of the rise earlier.

OOC: Heyop recovers up to three strain (it's 1 per success when recovered in this way)
Oct 12, 2015 9:14 pm
Inhaling deeply and nodding at the revelation of the Gatekeeper's words Heyop rubbed a palm against his chin before pulling his impromptu face mask of cloth back into place.

"From what you tell me. If Romund doesn't know the secrets she could bluff or be honest with him and I'm pretty sure Malefax cares little either way or has been anything but reasonable since she's being detained by him. We need to get our mentor out, you need us to draw him out of there before his quest brings about acts of desecration upon your temple. That sound about right? If so what can you tell us more of Malefax and the temple? Are there others with him? Could you aid us or are we pretty much jumping in and attempting to to give a hopeful 'beatdown' to a very bad and dangerous individual?" he asked looking towards the Gatekeeper.

(OoC: This is odd since I have no people skills really... D=)

Rolls

Let's make a deal! (Negotiation Rank 0 Presence 3)

1 Success, 4 Advantage, 1 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 3 Advantage

Oct 12, 2015 11:29 pm
The apparition pauses and considers the implicit deal offered by Heyop. He doesn't appear convinced at Heyop's brusque manner, but nor is he outright denying the implicit "we'll get Hethan out and help clear out your Malefax problem" deal that's been offered. "Hmm." the Gatekeeper mumbles, as if trying to decide whether to chew out an apprentice or award points for directness.

OOC: Given the 3 advantage, I'll give someone else an opportunity to close the deal. Kaveri and Csillag can do it with https://s3.amazonaws.com/forceanddestiny/FFG-blue.pnghttps://s3.amazonaws.com/forceanddestiny/FFG-blue.pnghttps://s3.amazonaws.com/forceanddestiny/FFG-blue.png. Dagger, due to his challenge in besting the ridge has some skepticism to overcome in the eyes of the Gatekeeper and will need to do it with https://s3.amazonaws.com/forceanddestiny/FFG-blue.pnghttps://s3.amazonaws.com/forceanddestiny/FFG-blue.pnghttps://s3.amazonaws.com/forceanddestiny/FFG-black.png
Oct 13, 2015 12:00 am
Attempting to convince the Gatekeeper that the rescue of the group's mentor could be of benefit to all involved Csillag steps up and speaks calmly.

"Let us be of use to you then. Hethan, once rescued, would be a very useful tool in removing the darkness that is attempting to corrupt this sacred valley."

Let's see if I understand how to do this dice thing. Going with Negotiation Skill (rank 1) Presence (rank 2). So 1 green, 1 yellow, and 3 boost, yea?

Rolls

Negotiation

3 Success, 5 Advantage

Total: 3 Success, 5 Advantage

Oct 13, 2015 12:48 am
The Gatekeeper nods, seeing wisdom and teamwork in how the group come together on Hethan's behalf. "Though, I believe you will be more instrumental in the removal of this dark stain than your mentor -- I agree that her safe release is a good idea." He looks around at each of you in turn, "You have asked what I know of Malefax and the temple."

He looks towards the distance, "The temple is my home. You can see what's left of its spires above the trees from here, at the far end of the valley. It is a sacred place, strong in the Force and one reason I have appeared before you is that I will not allow it to be defiled." Looking back at the party he adds, "Because of the temple's location I feel protective of it and its inhabitants. I have no desire for the dark side to take root here. Unfortunately the presence in the temple has already soured the land. You are not alone in this valley, and the locals have become quite hostile since the temple fell to the dark side. I will do what I can to help you get past them, though I cannot prevent them from attacking you."

"As to Malefax," he adds. "He is a Devaronian and he will underestimate you -- and your ability to work as a team. That will be his greatest weakness as you attempt to best him. I sense that he is stronger in the Force than any of you individually, but together you can prevail."
Oct 13, 2015 2:52 am
"Then we should spare no time. If it is as you say the plague of the dark side spreads through these lands already. What is our first obstacle? What is in this valley ahead?", Dagger questions.
Oct 13, 2015 3:35 am
"A group of hunters now approaches your position, their minds clouded by the dark side. Even if you evade them now, they will continue to hunt you, and they will find you. I will lead them into a ruin not far from the lake. You can conceal yourselves and strike from ambush. I would take it as a kindness if you would leave at least some of them alive. Go quickly now, we have only moments." Then the Gatekeeper is gone. You press through the snowy trees and across a bridge until you come to the ruin he mentioned, hiding yourselves seconds before the first of the fur-clad hunters enters the ruin. He holds an old-style slugthrower rifle, and his face is daubed with blood. Soon, the entire group of hunters is in the center of the ruin, and it is time to strike...

OOC: Initiative order would usually be determined herein through roles, but the beginning adventure provides an order based upon the Gatekeepers assistance. It is 1st PC, 2nd PC, 3rd PC, NPCs, 4th PC. You guys can take it in any order you please. If you don't care or don't specify, I'll do it in the order you post and interject the NPCs between the third and fourth of you to post.

EDIT: Adding Picture.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/forceanddestiny/FAD-ruins.png

Edge to edge range = long
Edge to center range = medium
within ruins = short

The attackers are clustered in the center -- my assumption is that you are each hidden amongst the ruins.
Oct 13, 2015 4:14 am
Dagger pops from the shadows and weaves his way to the nearest hunter, his vibro knife is in his hand. It's a flash of steel as he descends on the first target.

[ OOC: If I hit with the Vibroknife it is Pierce 2 and Damage +1. ]

- GM OOC: Added two difficulty die for Engaged-Melee.
Last edited October 13, 2015 4:15 am

Rolls

Melee (Brawn)

2 Success

2 Threat

Total: 2 Threat

Oct 13, 2015 4:50 am
Revolted by the way the hunters have used animal blood to decorate themselves - carnivorous Togruta view this as a criminal waste of food - Kaveri takes aim at one of the hunters carrying a rifle and fires her blaster rifle.

OOC note: damage on a hit is 9 plus 1 per success, and is a critical hit when 3 or more advantage remain on a roll. Per our earlier discussion, I'll leave it to the GM to add the difficulty/setback dice to determine the final result.

- GM EDIT: added 1 difficulty die for short range. Also noted the 'takes aim'. Since there's no maneuver from Kaveri she can add a blue 'boost' die if she likes, taking the 'aim' maneuver. I didn't add it because that's controlling your character and felt like that crossed the line.
Last edited October 13, 2015 4:55 am

Rolls

Firing blaster rifle

2 Success, 3 Advantage

Total: 2 Success, 3 Advantage

1 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Failure, 1 Threat

Oct 13, 2015 1:59 pm
Heyop nodded hearing the addition of his ally which seemed to convince the Gatekeeper to assist them in their task as well as take their assistance in his. From what keeper knew they would have an advantage over Malefax for the environment it would make sense to ensnare the locals as he would have no clue on the ins and outs of the lands around the area. They would have to think in cunning manners to overpower him. Tactics and schemes would have to wait since they would soon have company. Watching from a position of ambush one of his companions was the first to act rushing the group in melee, another moved to give him cover fire. Heyop from his position aimed at the hunter already taking blaster fire and added to the concentrated fire. Depending on how they reacted to the attacker he’d change tactics if needed going into melee… being surrounded was bad but being in the sights of your companions as well would make things worse.

(OoC: Aiming for one blue dice bonus for my maneuver action and taking a shot from cover Ranged - Light Rank 1 Agility 3 Edit: it crits on 4+ advantage)

GM Edit: adding 1 difficulty die for short range.
Last edited October 13, 2015 1:59 pm

Rolls

Pew pew with a holdout pistol Ranged - Light 1 + Aiming

1 Success, 5 Advantage

Total: 1 Success, 5 Advantage

1 Failure, 1 Threat

Oct 13, 2015 10:22 pm
From her position Csillag smiles as it appears luck is on her party's side as the hunters gather in such a tight formation. Reaching under her robes she reaches for her frag grenade but quickly pushes that idea out of her mind as Dagger charges in. Grabbing her holdout blaster instead she steadies her aim and will fire at one of the hunters furthest from Dagger.

OOC: Agility 2 / Range-Light 1 = 1G1Y : Aiming = 1C : Range Short = 1P (If I hosed this up you can just re-roll the entire attack)

Rolls

Attack Roll [Ranged Short Aim]

1 Success, 3 Advantage, 1 Threat

Oct 14, 2015 3:59 pm
The five hunters are taken by surprise as Dagger bursts from cover and descends upon them. Wading in with his vibroknife, Dagger slashes at the nearest hunter, but due to some uncertain footing in the terrain over-extends himself slightly and winds up in an awkward position for a follow up. He does manage to dig in through the rustic clothing to score a hit but his opponent looks at him, both surprised and affronted more than wounded.

Kaveri's blaster rifle ka-pews and sends a bright red bolt of energy into the torso of one of the hunters, singing his clothing and throwing him backwards to the ground, his slugthrower rifle clattering to the ground. He doesn't appear to look like he's going to get up again as a small wisp of smoke from his singed clothing rises from his corpse.

Heyop sees Kaveri's target go down and tries to quick change targets, aim and fire, but mis-times the shot and it goes wide, plowing into a stone plinth, showering the ground with bits of dust and newly-formed gravel.

OOC: Dagger should take a setback (https://s3.amazonaws.com/forceanddestiny/FFG-black.png) die on his next action. Dagger's Vibroknife cuts through 2 out of 3 soak. Dagger's Brawn of 1 +1 (vibroknife) +2 (uncancelled success) damage = 4 damage. 4 damage - 1 soak = 3 wound to the enemy (now dubbed Acklay).

OOC: Kaveri has 2 advantage to spend as she sees fit. She may: recover strain (1), or perform a bonus maneuver without suffering strain (e.g. an aim on the next target, take cover to create a setback die on attacks against you, etc.). Or you can opt for something of similar scope that's different and appropriate to the plot and situation.

OOC: Heyop has 3 advantage to spend. Options include strain recovery, bonus maneuver (move, aim, take cover, etc.), may take a boost die on the next shot on the same target or something else appropriate to the plot and situation. Heyop's missed target is hereby dubbed Bantha.

OOC: The remaining hunters shall be dubbed Chiilak and Dewback

Edit: updated damage.
Oct 14, 2015 8:15 pm
Kaveri finishes exhaling after her shot. She turns slightly and takes a bead on Chiilak, taking a long inhale while aiming. Then she exhales and pulls the trigger.

OOC: I assumed 1 difficulty die for short range again. If that was correct, then it's 5 success, which translates to 14 damage (9+1/success)
Last edited October 14, 2015 8:18 pm

Rolls

Firing blaster rifle at Chiilak

5 Success, 3 Advantage, 2 Threat

Total: 5 Success, 1 Advantage

Oct 14, 2015 8:36 pm
"Mind your footing and get inside his range on that longarm!" Heyop barked out to Dagger before drawing down at his quarry again setting his holdout blaster to stun. With Kaveri dropping the hunters to twitches piles they could probably start stunning the rest with non-lethal damage… if he could hit.

Better prep in case there’s a charge. he thought to himself.

(From my advantage before I’ll give Dagger a boost dice and myself as well; I’m aiming and shooting Bantha then using my Quickdraw talent from Ataru Striker as an incidental to draw my Truncheon; Edit: I'll use the net advantage this time around to heal my strain)
Last edited October 14, 2015 8:37 pm

Rolls

Pew pew with a holdout pistol Ranged - Light 1 + Aiming + 1 Boost Dice from my prior advantage

4 Success, 2 Advantage, 1 Threat

Total: 4 Success, 1 Advantage

Bantha has cover from Heyop.

Oct 14, 2015 8:57 pm
Acklay still a bit miffed that he's being engaged with a Vibroknife swings his slugthrower like a club at Dagger and narrowly misses, due in part to the awkward position Dagger finds himself in. Certain that being this close to a guy with a vibroknife is a bad idea, the hunter dis-engages by taking a few steps back and pulls around his rifle, taking careful aim for a follow-up shot.

Bantha swears he felt that bolt go right by his head. He quickly finds himself some cover against Heyop* and throws his long slughthrower atop the cover for some stability before firing off a shot at the brusque Mirialan. The shot goes wide and ricochets off of some ancient masonry behind Heyop.

Chiilak drops to his knee, takes aim and fires a shot off at Kaveri, figuring that the smoking hole in his colleague is indication enough of where and who the threat here really is. The slug slams into Kaveri's shoulder causing her blaster rifle to kick up slightly and smack the side of her head. Kaveri suffers 4 wounds (7 damage - 3 soak) and 2 strain

Dewback takes advantage that he's a bit quicker than Csillag and takes a shot at her before diving behind some cover. The crack of the rifle sounds and Csillag feels the slug bit into her hip as she sees Dewback find cover** behind a collapsed pillar. Csillag suffers 4 wounds (7 damage - 3 soak).

Csillag's hold-out blaster fires -- hitting Bantha with a glancing shot to his arm. The hunter winces against the pain, regretting the quality of his cover.

*OOC: I'm going to assume that Bantha's cover against Heyop will give cover against Dagger as well (determined by rolling). Csillag and Kaveri will have unobstructed shots due to positioning.

**Dewback's cover is pretty complete and manages to secure him cover against all of you.

Csillag - you have 2 advantage to spend and did 5 - 3 soak + 1 success = 3 damage against Bantha.

OOC: This ends the first turn. We have 3 player spots for initiative, then the NPCs, then the last player before the next turn. I under-calculated damage to Csillag and Kaveri - but since I didn't record the die rolls (and number of successes) we'll stick with the 4 wounds to each.
Oct 14, 2015 9:28 pm
Kaveri resettles her gun, aims carefully and drills a hole in the kneeling Chiilak who crumples to the ground, dead. His clothing shows scorch marks on either side of his chest, showcasing the devastating skill Kaveri has used to drop her target. Heyop's shot at the hunter behind cover is artful, sneaking through an undulation in the pitted stone to catch Bantha under the throat and knocks his head back and to the left before he sinks to the ground, unconscious with a bit of whiplash.

OOC: Kaveri has 1 advantage to spend. Heyop recovers 1 strain as stated. We have another character initiative slot before the NPCs have another go.
Oct 15, 2015 12:30 am
Dropping to her knees as a slug finds her hip Csillag grimaces as she once again takes aim at her target. Determined to finish him off she pulls the trigger...
Last edited October 15, 2015 12:31 am

Rolls

Second Verse, Same as the First.(Attack)

1 Success, 3 Advantage, 1 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 2 Advantage

Oct 15, 2015 12:50 am
With Csillag's original target stunned by Heyop, she pivots to get a shot off on the hunter threatening Dagger (known here as Acklay). Her shot goes wide, the pain of the slug causing her aim to falter despite the extra effort she put in to get a clean shot. Despite the miss, it grazes the hunter's ear and he is clearly rattled.

Acklay, a little freaked out by the near miss with a hold out blaster fires off a quick shot at Dagger with his slugthrower, having regained range to bring the rifle to bear. The shot misses Dagger -- but strikes his vibroknife, shooting it out of his hand. It lands a few feet away, oscillating briefly back and forth as its blade digs into the frozen ground.

Dewback remains convinced that the woman with the blaster rifle is the big problem here and takes aim before firing another shot her direction. He luckily wings the arm from the previously injured shoulder and Kaveri drops her rifle to the ground. Kaveri also takes 8 - 3 soak = 5 damage.

OOC: I used the 2 advantage to cause Csillag's target to take a setback die. Dagger needs to go and we can get into the next round (3 PCs, NPCs, PC)
Oct 15, 2015 5:10 am
Dagger, is already drawing his holdout blaster when his Vibroknife is flung from his hand. He staggers but catches his footing again and lets a shot fly at Acklay. The shot is devastatingly accurate.

[ OOC: My maneuver was to draw my other weapon, then action was to attack. I think I have the 4 green for my gun, since I don't have Ranged(light) it's just 4 green for my agility. Plus someone said they gave me a boost dice. Plus I had a setback dice from last time. GM please correct my math if I'm wrong.

With 4 I'm going to crit with my weapon. With the other 1 advantage I'll grant the next allied character a boost dice.

EDIT: Looks like the result is 81, which is Winded: Until the end of the encounter, the target cannot voluntarily suffer strain to activate any abilities or gain additional maneuvers. It's an Average (2 black) severity. Unsure what that means. ]

GM: Thanks! Short range adds a purple die though -- so I'll add that in and ignore the additional black die (and get the same result!). In this encounter a critical hit means the target is down (either unconscious or killed).
Last edited October 15, 2015 5:38 am

Rolls

Holdout Blaster Fire

2 Success, 7 Advantage, 1 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 6 Advantage

Forgot short range fire adds another negative

1 Threat

Total: 1 Threat

Percentile for Critical Hit table - (1d100)

(81) = 81

1 Threat

Oct 15, 2015 1:45 pm
Dagger recovers beautifully after being disarmed by the hunter, and catches his footing with a spin and a flourish. The hold out blaster comes out of its holster into his hand, almost as if it were summoned from hyperspace. Light flashes as the blaster bolt reaches out and catches the hunter in the eye. The hunter's slugthrower flies off to his right, his arms flailing as he falls backwards to the ground, dead.

OOC: We're back to a new round. 3 PC turns. Who's next (and whomever that is, add a boost die to your roll). Remember that Dewback has cover, so also add a Setback die.
Oct 15, 2015 3:53 pm
"Last one!" Heyop barked rushing the entrenched survivor. With the last one in decent cover he had little option in his mind for a short. So he charged the position hoping to either finish the fight quickly or pull him into the open to be put down by ranged fire. On the run his hand slap his blaster into his holster rushing the final enemy, with both hands brandishing the weapon he came down on the hunter his voice now guttural emitting a primal grunt as he swung.

(OoC: Using the Quickdraw Talent to stow my blaster as an incidental and swinging Disorient 2 goes off with a Trucheon supposedly on a success hit so let's hope I don't whiff. Damage is my Brawn (3) +2 Since I hit Disorient gives him +1 setback die per level of Disorient.)
Last edited October 15, 2015 3:54 pm

Rolls

Melee Attack (Brawn 3, Rank 0, 1 setback dice, 1 boost die)

3 Success, 3 Advantage, 1 Failure

Oct 15, 2015 4:33 pm
Dewback's eyes widen as some crazy being starts charging him swinging a mean looking stick. Heyop's charge brings him sliding over the collapsed pillar swinging the truncheon into Dewback's torso. Dewback grunts as the blow bruises a rib or two.

OOC: Damage to Dewback is 3 + 2 + 1 (un-cancelled success) = 6 - 3 soak = 3.
Oct 15, 2015 4:46 pm
(OoC: For the advantage from my attack +1 Boost die option (1), If Disorient 2 needs a cost expenditure (It's not stated as such but activating a weapon quality seems to be something you can spend 1 advantage on so maybe it does and I didn't read it correctly) I'll use the rest on that to add 2 setback dice for Disorient 2, if it doesn't need to be purchased I'll use the last 2 Advantage to stack it up to 3 setback dice on him total... XD)
Oct 15, 2015 5:18 pm
OOC: Gotcha - once I get home I'll read a bit about it and adjust. My guess is, though that Kaveri or Dagger or Csillag will drop him before he gets to have a Setback die. ;)
Oct 15, 2015 6:00 pm
(OOC: Did somebody call?)

Kaveri grunts in pain, surprise, and irritation. She scoops up her rifle, uses her 1 Advantage to regain 1 Strain, and fires at Dewback (the only vicious hunter left standing, and the one that just shot her).

(The die pool is: 4 AGL, 1 Ranged (Heavy) skill (which translates as 1 yellow proficiency die, 3 green ability dice), 1 purple difficulty die for short range, and 1 black setback die for cover. Correct? If so, it works out to 12 damage.)

GM Edit: Upgrading purple to red and adding a boost die.

Looks like the red die rolled the same as purple (2 threat). So no additional items taken off. The boost adds 1 success and 1 advantage netting you out at 4 success and 1 advantage.
Last edited October 15, 2015 6:01 pm

Rolls

Shooting dewback like mynocs in a barrel

4 Success, 2 Advantage, 1 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 3 Success

Boost from Heyop and Engaged upgrade difficulty by 1

1 Success, 1 Advantage, 2 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 1 Threat

Oct 15, 2015 7:31 pm
OOC - Since he's engaged with Heyop there may be another difficulty die. I'll double check when I get home. Even if there is, you'll still hit and do plenty of damage. There's only risk if you have to add 2 difficulty dice, and only then if the rolls are particularly bad.
Oct 15, 2015 7:58 pm
(OoC: Plus the boost dice I added.)
Oct 15, 2015 11:57 pm
OOC - Ok. Looks like we upgrade purple to red and add Remnant's boost die.
Oct 16, 2015 12:10 am
Kaveri's shot skirts easily past Heyop and slams into the hunter, flinging him back. Silence descends upon the ruins once more with only the labored breathing of the wounded heroes and the unconscious hunter echoing off of the stones. You find yourselves in the ruins with 4 corpses and an unconscious local. To the north you can still see the temple some distance away. A path continues north from the ruins through a small copse of trees north along the sizable mountain lake to the east.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/forceanddestiny/FFG-ruin-zoom-out.png

Kaveri and Csillag are wounded while -- thank the Force -- the brash Heyop and brasher Dagger appear to have come out unscathed.

OOC: Combat cadence is now over. What do you do?
Oct 16, 2015 12:32 am
Dagger retrieves the vibroknife from the ground. "We should continue on, no doubt Hethan is still in danger", he says, the he looks at the others, "Are you alright?"

He sheaths his dagger and holsters his holdout blaster back inside of his robes.
Oct 16, 2015 7:25 am
"I've been shot." Kaveri groans. "Twice." She uses one of her stimpacks, injecting herself in the arm. She takes a long, ragged breath as relief washes through her system and her wounds close a bit. "If one of you has a medpac, I could use some treatment."

(OOC: Checking to make sure I've got this correct: at the end of the fight, Kaveri was down 1 strain and 9 wounds, with a threshold of 12 for both. Using the stimpack, she recovers 4 wounds, reducing her wounds down to 5. At the end of the encounter, she recovered her PRE in strain (2), so she's back to 0 strain. A medicine check from someone with a medpac would roll one difficulty die (wounds are less than half my threshold), while a medicine check without a medpac would roll two difficulty dice.

Edit: per Remnant's correction, Kaveri recovered 5 wounds with the application of the stimpack, not 4.
Last edited October 16, 2015 3:59 pm
Oct 16, 2015 12:49 pm
With combat over and the adrenaline fading Heyop’s snarling still in an open gapping mouth behind his cloth mask he took in air and looked to his companions and the situation. Dagger wanted to press on and Kaveri comment made the Mirialan realize maybe they had been a bit too brash in their ambush. Finally taking the second to catch his breath he closed his eyes and exhaled a wisp of air escaping through his mask into the cold climate.

"My apologies, I’m usually use to doing things on my own. Talking to others in a civil manner for the most part is something I’m out of practice with as well. So I take partial responsibility for your injures so you have my apologies… the keeper is correct in that if we’re going to rescue Romund we’ll need to work more as a team… " admitted his face rigid after his self-appraisal behind his head garb and his jaw set as he his gaze set on the fact two were injured in the ambush, "Dagger if you can help them get situated I’ll make sure the unconscious one is disarmed and restrained the best I can… I have no medical kit but I can search the dead and see what they can provide us."

Heyop would busy himself with getting the unconscious situated first and then go over the dead to give them a once over for possible supplies, closing their eyes and saying a silent prayer for the fallen once he had them situated together out of the elements he’d check on the rest to see what they needed and take stock of what he found.

(OoC: FYI this is long, I don’t know the ins and out of being knocked out with Stun but it I’ll remove his longarm and give him a pat down for gear, cut some of his or his companions garments to bind him if I think it’s needed to restrain him then drag him under an overhang if I can find one out of the direct weather basically in case he’s out for a while he’ll be out of the weather. I’ll drag the dead into another area if one is available close their eyes and search them, don’t know if wearing their outgarb would be helpful for additional armor or camouflage in the area. Also don’t know what I’d do to search, if I need a atheletic or brawn check to do the manual labor or take some strain I’m okay with that so let me know).

(OoC: I thought Stimpacks work up to five times before you're saturated? First healing 5 next healing 4 etc till you inject a six one which doesn't do anything to heal you since you're pretty hopped up on juice at that point)
Oct 16, 2015 1:45 pm
Dagger will also look over the bodies for any gear. "I have no health kits either. I shall help search for gear. It seems we all underestimated the situation. You have no reason to apologize."
Oct 16, 2015 11:14 pm
Wincing as she moves to join the others Csillag finds a place to rest while tending to her wounds.

Ok, so it looks like I've healed 1 wound with the roll, 1 more wound for her Surgeon Talent, and 1 strain for her Physician Talent.
Last edited October 16, 2015 11:16 pm

Rolls

Medicine Check [EASY]

1 Success, 4 Advantage, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 3 Advantage

Oct 17, 2015 2:53 am
Unfortunately, the hunters seem to have come prepared for battle -- but not for its aftermath, perhaps a further twisting of their minds and intellect from the influence of the dark side emanating from the temple in the distance. Dagger and Heyop come up empty with helpful items, unless someone would rather swap to heavy fur clothes or replace their blaster with a slugthrower -- not something anyone seems, at first blush, overly keen to do. Kaveri feels markedly better with the application of her stimpack, but continues to look a little worse for the wear. Csillag's medkit hums and beeps as she tends to her wounds, managing to heal some of the damage done by the slugthrower.

(OOC: Csillag, you may've needed to have +2 purple due to "treating yourself" - but I'll pass on that for now. You also heal +1 strain for every advantage, so you'd heal 4 strain with that roll. The medkit has an 'encounter' limit -- so Csillag has gotten her use for now -- but it could still be used to help close the gap on Kaveri. It looks like Force heal and stimpacks share the 5-max limit)
Oct 17, 2015 4:04 am
OOC: So Csillag can use the emergency medpack right now to heal Kaveri? Could she then apply her force power to Kaveri afterwards? Guess I'm not sure what my options are here.
Oct 17, 2015 4:07 am
OOC - yes, you could use the medpack on Kaveri now if you chose (one purple die medicine check) -- and I think the Force power could help you or Kaveri (or both), but requires a Force die roll (one white die).

ALL note that the game now awards each of you 10 XP as well.
Oct 17, 2015 4:11 am
Noticing that Kaveri is still looking a bit ragged Csillag will walk over and offer her assistance. "Let me take a look at that."

OOC: The FaD equivalent of a goose-egg, yeah? Still one wound and one strain due to Csillag's talents.
Last edited October 17, 2015 4:15 am

Rolls

Healing Kaveri [EASY]

1 Success, 1 Advantage, 1 Failure, 1 Threat

Oct 17, 2015 4:28 am
OOC - wow, you've got some awesome die-rolling mojo going on right now. Blank and 1 advantage on two yellow dice in two rolls. I agree with your interpretation of Surgeon. It doesn't seem to imply that you have to succeed -- just make a check.

Kaveri regains 1 wound and 1 strain.
Oct 17, 2015 5:32 am
"I've found nothing of value to us. It would seem that they weren't well packed", Dagger says. He calmly sits and waits for the others to tend to their wounds.

[ OOC: What time of day is it? ]
Oct 17, 2015 11:04 am
Feeling the weight of one of the weapons in his hands Heyop shrugged.

It couldn't hurt... he thought to himself having holstered his own weapons in the very least he'd have a walking stick with a scope on it. Eyeing the unconscious one he gather most of the ammo clips and buried but leave one but a gun and got ready to toss stash the rest of the long rifles.

"Agreed, unless you're use to carry a large amount of weight daily these would be dead weight and slow us down." Heyop stated thinking about the coats of the dead...

I wonder if they're warmer... he mused mulling it over in his mind.

As he waited for the others to recoup he squatted from a vantage point to provide overwatch until they were fully ready to embark again on their mission.

In the momentary pause Heyop thought of Romund and his short time with her.

Remnant sent a note to falryx,PhantomNimbus,spaceseeker19,szemely
How long ago was that? Heyop thought looking around and stood stretching. Burying the butt of the long arm in the snow he rolled his neck, his arm blurred reaching for his blaster and pulling it and aimed in a few directions before reholstering it and drew his truncheon. His arm moved from a low guard before the weapon spun whistling slightly while the weapon danced in his hand the grip of the weapon moving between several positions for various strikes... He stopped and flipped the weapon a few times... Reattaching it to his belt he looked towards the others.

I'm going to have to strike a lot faster and talk a bit more probably before this is done... braining people I don't mind so much... he thought chew his lip a bit as he tapped his truncheon. Shrugged his pulled the slugthrower rifle and moved over to the others to see what needed to be done still before they head onward

(OoC: I think I'll use the 10 xp for the Quick Strike Talent, also how do you use the note function? I was going to put the part in blue as a note but I horks that up.)
Last edited October 17, 2015 4:45 pm
Oct 17, 2015 1:27 pm
It remains shortly before mid-day -- you set off in the morning from the capitol city and it only took a few hours to get up to this part of the mountain.

(OOC: No clue how to use the notes function. :))
Oct 17, 2015 2:51 pm
Not pleased with how Kaveri's wounds appear after tending to them with the medpack Csillag shakes her head. "This just isn't working." Closing her eyes and focusing as Romund had taught her to those many years ago, Csillag calls on the power of The Force to tend to Kaveri.

OOC: If I understand her Force Skill correctly, this simply heals three wounds (Csillag's INT score).
Oct 17, 2015 3:07 pm
Kaveri feels quite a bit more like herself. Kaveri heals 3 wounds - I think this takes Kaveri to down 1 wound only. With the party feeling relatively back to normal with some minor scratches -- what is your plan?
Oct 17, 2015 4:53 pm
"We should get going in case the sounds of battle attract more to our location" Heyop stated looking around the area, "It seems they're expects us or at least someone in the area... With out GK (Gate Keeper) around for intel updates I guess we'll just need to press on and try and stay covert. Although we may be up against hunters they are a real threat. Lets spread out a bit on the way up, I wouldn't want to get ambushed... that seems unsurprisingly effective. Hopefully he'll meetup with us later with some updates." Heyop stated looking to the row of bodies before moving to the north when the rest were ready.

(OoC: We know what locals look like now in the snow and we can see the path ahead, if I need to make a stealth or survival path for a covered/covert route let me know. I'm ready to head out when the rest have packed up or gotten something they wanted from the fallen.)
Oct 18, 2015 7:12 am
Kaveri nods her thanks to Csillag, then stands up, ready to continue down the path toward the ancient temple's location.
Oct 18, 2015 2:39 pm
Csillag nods in agreement with Heyop, "Let's be on our way then..."
Oct 18, 2015 3:10 pm
Dagger falls in behind the rest of the group. His hatred of this dark side corruption grows a little more after that battle.
Oct 18, 2015 4:50 pm
You move north along the well-worn path out of the ruins. A small copse of trees crowds in around you as you move forward -- but everything seems quiet -- as if even the birds and wildlife sense that something is afoot in the valley and they have moved on for now. A gentle breeze passes through the evergreen trees that predominate at this altitude, but outside of the silent creepiness, nothing untoward occurs as you pass through and continue on the path. The path curves around a steep cliff leading into a protected bowl along the northwestern shore of the lake. As you come around the northern end of the bowl, you see the temple resting on the summit of a steep cliff above you. A glimmering waterfall crashes from the temple grounds and into a deep chasm separating you from the trail up to the temple.

Spanning the chasm is a tall arched bridge of wooden beams, a sturdy-looking but primitive structure met at each end by a rude trail. Tucking into the cover of the trees, you see a pair of one-horned Advozse mercenaries stands guard at the near side of the bridge. Another set is on the far side. You'll need to find some way across the bridge to reach the temple.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/forceanddestiny/FAD-bridge.png

OOC: The party is "due left" of the bridge tucked into the ^ or chevron of the trees north of the trail (about 1" to the right of the edge of the picture) before it turns east. You are not yet aware of any way across other than the bridge (despite the helpful map!)
Oct 18, 2015 10:37 pm
Heyop sucks his teeth and growls softly seeing the Advozse mercenaries. "I think we need to find out if there are more in the area... another good ambush spot or good vantage points to take them all out with a few shots at once. This close to the temple though if we get into a fight we don't know how many more are going to come in droves." Heyop stated aloud but in a controled tone. "I didn't think it would come in handy before but I guess coming off my shift might have been a good thing to come on this trip." Heyop adds fishing out a small thin disc of camo paint.

(OoC: Trying to find out everyone elses thoughts, stealth around using camo paint to figure out what's going on, take the guards out, see what's on the bridge and around it, also if the slugthrower has a sight could I look through it for a better picture of them and what's going on or is it iron sights?)
Oct 18, 2015 11:26 pm
"How about a diversion? One or two of us pose as hunters, try and draw the guards from the bridge. We say we saw a group of hunters get taken down, and we need their help", Dagger offers. He's run this gambit quite often in the cities, but how much different could it be here? He remembers the words Hethan offered him in the past.

"Remember Drist...", she started.

"Dagger", he quickly interjected.

She let out a small sigh and continued, "Dagger. Though it may seem avoidance or confrontation are the only methods around a problem, that is too binary. The best solutions live in the rainbow of hues, not in just black or white."

If only she were here now.
Last edited October 18, 2015 11:27 pm
Oct 19, 2015 12:05 am
"A diversion may just work; maybe one where we all remain hidden." Reaching into her robe Csillag produces a frag grenade. "I'd hate to waste this on a diversion but I'd be surprised if they didn't react in some way to a small explosion coming from the woods."

Feeding off of Remnant's idea she continues, "Anyone know if we can set this to go off remotely? Leave it behind, sneak up close to the bridge, and make our move when this goes off." Quickly realizing that she's just a bit out of her element she adds, "That's if you all think it might work...".
Oct 19, 2015 1:28 am
OOC: The slugthrower is pretty basic, no awesome scope. Distance from one end of the bridge to the other is 'long' so the far side of the bridge is 'extreme' to you, and you should consider your distance to the bridge to be 'long' as well. Also note that I'm enjoying your interaction/interplay so will try and stay out of the way of it!
Oct 19, 2015 4:26 am
Kaveri agrees with Csillag. "I think a diversion that doesn't involve us masquerading as people these guards might know is a good one. We could either rig a timer on the grenade, set up a remote trigger, or just go some distance off and I could shoot it. But before we do that, why don't we scout around a bit first, to get a lay of the land? We need to know where we can hide - if there's a place - before we set up the grenade."

Kaveri is going to look around, sneaking around their surroundings. Because of the distance to the mercenaries and the trees, Kaveri is able to gain some advantage in her sneaking around.

GM dice add - 2 https://s3.amazonaws.com/forceanddestiny/FFG-purple.png to perception.

GM dice add - 1 https://s3.amazonaws.com/forceanddestiny/FFG-red.png and 1 https://s3.amazonaws.com/forceanddestiny/FFG-blue.png

End result:
- perception: 4 success, 1 threat
- stealth: 1 triumph, 4 advantage

Rolls

Perception (to search the area)

4 Success, 1 Advantage

Stealth ( to sneak around)

3 Success, 3 Advantage, 1 Triumph

Total: 3 Success, 3 Advantage, 1 Triumph

Perception difficulty dice.

2 Threat

Mercenary vigilance, and distance to stealth

1 Advantage, 2 Failure

Total: 2 Failure, 1 Advantage

Oct 19, 2015 12:34 pm
Opening the small container Heyop looked around at the area smearing the paste over his face as he started to talk again.

"I think we should save the grenade unless you have more than one for an emergency. Granted it'll make a lot of noise but if we just need noise I can hold up someplace fire this off in rapid succession" Heyop stated shaking the longarm. "Being out in the open moving towards the guard will likely get us shot I think, considering how they're guarding the bridge I figure it's an important choke point, local or intruder they'd probably just as quickly put us down as tell us to turn around and go away."

"I think we need to check out the area around the bridge without being seen the best we can before we make a plan... there's enough camo paint for everyone, its nothing fancy just makes it harder to spot you. If they have electronic scanning gear or a droid we're kind of hosed regardless" he finished offering up the disc

(OoC: There's four applications left if anyone wants any, it'll help if people are looking for us in this environment I think)
Oct 19, 2015 1:43 pm
Dagger takes the disc and smears an application on his face as well.
Last edited October 19, 2015 1:43 pm
Oct 19, 2015 3:43 pm
While Heyop and Dagger get themselves prepared, carefully applying some camo paint to their faces, Kaveri sneaks off quietly into the trees and takes a look around. Shortly after Kaveri slips into the trees, she's completely disappeared -- without a sound or sight giving away her position.

Kaveri is able to sneak fairly close to the mercenaries through the cover provided by the trees -- while it's not particularly thick, she has "ridden this varactyl" before and knows her way around alpine forests to find what she seeks. While sneaking about, she is able to see that the mercenaries are equiped with Blaster Pistols -- and seem to be quietly discussing the latest now-illegal-thanks-to-the-Empire pod-racing results on Malastare. "That crazy Dug," she overhears, "is taking too many chances -- his engine boosts are well past the safety guidelines for even people who boost engines. He's lucky he doesn't create some kind of fireball at the starting line." His colleague appears less concerned about the fate of this overclocking Dug, however.

In her position Kaveri notices several items that could help move past the mercenaries without conflict. First and foremost, it might be possible to scale up and down the ravine further downstream. Still the way looks somewhat treacherous and it'd take someone with excellent physical skills to pull it off. There's no way Dagger could do it without help -- the way he's built it seems like a stiff breeze might launch him from the cliffside. The mercenaries themselves seem barely professional. Based on their poise, outfitting and conversation -- it doesn't seem like a sufficiently convincing story would make it hard to bluff your way past. Lastly, as Kaveri turns back towards the party, having reconnoitered sufficiently, she spots a small cave entrance on the north wall. It's possible it could lead somewhere, but... it's really rather hard to tell.
Oct 19, 2015 5:19 pm
Kaveri returns to the group and reports:
"We can't climb the ravine, so the bridge is the only way across. But there is a cave entrance in the north cliff face; we could use that to hide for our diversion." She points out where it is, or the specific direction where it is, depending on whether it's visible from this vantage point. "That is, if you don't want to try to bluff past them. I still don't feel good about that, but I got pretty close to those bungos - close enough to convince myself that they're pretty amateur. So bluffing could work, but I bet they'd really fall for a diversion."
Oct 19, 2015 5:45 pm
Heyops head leans to the side one way then the other waying the information from his squatting position. "Cave sounds good... If we get closer I might be able to get them into a bit of infighting against each other... don't know how well it'll work... I've only used 'it' on rampaging animals to calm them. And I don't know if it tips our hand that we're close to the one holding Romund." he stated looking in the direction of the bridge even though he couldn't see the situation from where they were hold up probably, stabbing at the dirt with a gloved fingertip he drew the bridge, path trees, and wherever the cave was if Kaveri points it out. "If they're complecent and amateurish two of them fighting and one trying to break it up if it gets lethal I think is a good diversion if I can make it happen... Did you see any tracks going in or out of the cave? Or bones?" he continued looking towards Kaveri and the others to see what they thought.
Oct 19, 2015 5:56 pm
Dagger searches around him within the wooded area to see if he can determine any wildlife here.

[ OOC: what sort of check would that be? ]

PhantomNimbus sent a note to falryx
Oct 19, 2015 9:07 pm
OOC - Dagger, I think you'd want a 'survival' check. My CRB isn't with me at work, so I'm guessing. I could also buy a Perception roll. Given the impact of the dark side, the local fauna have been behaving in a very skittish and atypical fashion -- so this will be of average difficulty with a setback die (two purple, one black).

falryx sent a note to PhantomNimbus
Oct 19, 2015 9:33 pm
"...I didn't check the cave that closely..." Kaveri admits with a sinking feeling. "But if you want, I'll go back and take a closer look...?"
Oct 19, 2015 10:06 pm
Tucking her grenade back into her rob Csillag will take the disc from Dagger and apply some of the camouflage to her face. "Thanks, Heyop" she says as she tosses the disc back to its owner, "This may just come in handy."

"To the cave then?" she asks, itching to get moving.
Last edited October 19, 2015 10:39 pm
Oct 19, 2015 10:32 pm
Dagger walks out into the wood a bit, seeming to search for something. He draws out his vibroknife.

Rolls

Survival Check

3 Success, 2 Threat

Total: 3 Success, 2 Threat

Missed Purple

1 Threat

Coin Toss (1st or 2nd black dice removed) - (1d2)

(1) = 1

Oct 19, 2015 10:34 pm
OOC - Phantom, can you add a purple die and roll a 2-sided 'basic' die (that'll pick which black die we ignore).
Oct 19, 2015 10:34 pm
"I agree with Csillag we'll follow at a distance as not to disturb your cover Kaveri. If the cave is a viable area to go into I'd prefer to be closer in case it happens to be occupied..." Heyop statted looking around.
Oct 19, 2015 11:10 pm
After some time and strange scuffling and squeezing noise, Dagger comes back from the woods looking pretty winded and scratched up. His face is masked with blood as are his hands. He throws down the carcass of a small woodland creature that has been cut open. He starts marching towards the bridge.

"Every moment we waste is a moment Hethan could be tortured, or worse.", he states as he marches past the group.
Oct 20, 2015 5:47 am
Kaveri slinks off toward the cave immediately, hoping to get to the cave and get the guards in her sights before Dagger arrives at the bridge with his distraction...

(OoC: I'm assuming the same level of difficulty/combination of dice as before. What is the range between the cave and the bridge?)
Last edited October 20, 2015 5:48 am

Rolls

Stealth to get to cave

2 Success, 4 Advantage, 1 Threat

Oct 20, 2015 3:40 pm
(OOC: Cave to the bridge is 'long-ish' as well -- Heyop and Csillag should get another boost (blue) die due to their camo paint).
Oct 20, 2015 4:05 pm
Heyop sighed and shook his head looking to Csillag, "On me or with Kaveri... let's make sure Dagger doesn't do something that gets him shot." he stated moving through foliage on the opposite side of the trail a ways behind Dagger to trail behind him.

(OoC: I'll take the baby blue booster die but it's suppose to give 1 autofail to perceive us by eye. Let me know when you'd like a stealth roll, I'm trying to stay a short distance behind Dagger so I can get up and hoof it to assist if needed.)
Last edited October 20, 2015 4:05 pm
Oct 20, 2015 4:32 pm
(OOC: ah, I'll take the autofail for Heyop and Csillag if that's what the rules state -- I just assumed it provided advantage, versus a specific outcome).
Oct 20, 2015 4:38 pm
(OoC: No worries so stealth checks to see what chaotic outcome Dagger is walking into.)
Oct 20, 2015 9:48 pm
Csillag will follow in behind Kaveri.

OOC: Any rolls needed?

Nope -- based on Heyop's description of the equipment used.
Oct 21, 2015 3:17 am
Dagger will cut across the path to the southern patch of woods and will move closer to the close side of the bridge. Then, he lets out a loud shout and runs out of the woods in font of the bridge and looks both left and right. He sees the two guards on the bridge and sprints towards them waving his arms in the air. "They're coming! They're coming!", he shouts over and over as he closes in on the guards. "We got ambushed in the ruins! Hurry, we have a group of them pinned down but we need more guns. They got a hold of my blaster!", he will shout as he is running towards the guards.

[ OOC: My aim is to deceive the guards into heading out towards the ruins in a hurry. I'm unsure if taking the time to mask myself will grant me any bonuses on making them think I am one of the hunters. I am hoping so. If so feel free to let me know or add the rolls. I would assume the time it took me to get over to the bridge is enough to let the others decide if they want to follow me or head to the cave. ]

Rolls

Deception (Cunning)

1 Success, 2 Advantage, 1 Triumph

Total: 1 Success, 2 Advantage, 1 Triumph

2 Failure

Total: 2 Failure

Oct 21, 2015 4:34 am
Kaveri and Csillag make it to the entrance of the cave without any problems. Carefully picking their way through the alpine trees into an unused path that leads to its entrance -- now obvious that you know where the cave is. The cave entrance smells a more dusty -- with a surface damp -- perhaps due to the nearby waterfall. What you don't smell is any obvious sign of animal or human habitation. That said the cave goes in deeply and quickly becomes black and impenetrable to your vision -- so it's quite possible it's quite a bit bigger than a simple cave.

Heyop shadows Dagger along the southern batch of trees and blinks in surprise as he runs out into the open shouting about the impending doom. The mercenaries turn, looking a bit skeptical at this. One of them takes a step back -- but the cool mist that pervades the area around a waterfall and the falling temperatures have created a small sheen of ice where he steps. He falters and falls backwards off the bridge, grabbing the coat of his colleague as he does so. They both tumble down and land with a pronounced splash in the fast running, and cool mountain river. Dagger is able to see both come up for air -- but they are clearly no longer a threat to the party.

The two guards on the far side, however aren't completely sure what happened. It looks to them like Dagger maybe just pushed their colleagues both over the bridge. They both step back, fearful of this crazy man who can toss people from a bridge. One of them draws his pistol, but clumsily drops it.

(OOC: The far mercenaries are long distance from Dagger and Heyop -- and extreme to Kaveri and Csillag).
Oct 21, 2015 5:23 am
Dagger, thrown a bit by the turn of events that just happened looks for a second at the other two guards at the other end of the bridge. This is certainly not the turn of events he expected. Anytime he's run this gambit in the big cities there has never once been a time both of the guards he was trying to distract plummeted off a bridge.

He quickly tries to change his tactics to roll with this, seeing that one of the guards is frightened looking and has dropped his pistol. He draws his pistol in one hand and vibroknife in the other, more to look formidable than any sort of dual-wielding intent. He walks towards them at a quickening pace and levels the blaster at the one who has not drawn a weapon. "You have two choices now. Put your weapons down and surrender, or join your friends below. I will not ask again."

[ OOC: I honestly had no clue what just happened and am just as thrown off as Dagger is. Hah. I want to try and intimidate them into giving up, or jumping over on their own. It's two on one, but I think given my scare into them I have a good shot at this. Also I would like to be closing the distance gap as best as possible while I'm doing this intimidating line.

Edit: Or maybe not the best. Oh geez. Do I get any bonus dice for this? Lol. Also add in whatever negatives. ]
Last edited October 21, 2015 5:29 am

Rolls

Coercion (Willpower)

1 Success, 3 Advantage

Discipline of affected mercenaries

1 Failure, 1 Threat

Oct 21, 2015 5:56 am
(OoC: That's the power of a triumph, despite failure! Hoorah!)

After feeling stupid in not checking out the cave the first time, Kaveri is reluctant to give up without at least looking further into the cave. The problem is that there's no light.
"Uh...got a light, Csillag?"

Kaveri attempts to reach out with her feelings into the darkness, as Hethan taught her to do, to see if she can detect any living creatures nearby.
(Kaveri is going to try to use her Sense ability. As I understand this, I roll a Force die first to generate a pool of dark/light points, which I can then spend to use the ability. Is that right?)

Rolls

Rolling a Force die for points to use Sense

2 White Force Points

Oct 21, 2015 6:02 am
As I'm attempting my intimidation, I'm going to flip one of our light-side destiny points to tweak a narrative point a bit. I'm going to say I had this idea much earlier to masquerade as a hunter, so I also grabbed one of the slug thrower rifles. Slung it over my shoulder and kept it out of sight so far. Instead of walking towards them with pistol and knife drawn, I want to be walking towards them aiming the rifle as I try and clear the distance to 'medium'.
Oct 21, 2015 12:36 pm
Heyop raised an eyebrow at the turn of events. They probably need a bit of a push… he thought to himself seeing the final two on the far side still in Dagger’s way. With one of them fumbling their gun Heyop’s eyes locked onto the one still able to ready a blaster easily. Focusing his mind Heyop looked towards the primary threat now to Dagger besides his own reckless nature. Heyop tapped into the animalist emotions that seemed primal in most living things. Fear of being the threat in front of him and possible outcomes would be pushed into the person’s mind such as leveling the gun at the threat and feeling your arm being taken off and the pain of teeth burying themselves deeply into his before a hunk of flesh would be rend from his body. Regardless of the outcome he’s unsling his weapon and start aiming at the greater threat to Dagger.

(OoC: Attempting to use Influence. I figure fear would fall into the same category as confusion for requirements. After that aim, if I’m too far out move in closer to get a bead on the target.)

Rolls

You're feeling very... FREAKED OUT MAN! GAME OVER! Influence Force Power Attempt

1 White Force Point

Oct 21, 2015 10:05 pm
"I don't have anything that can work as a light source, but our eyes might adjust a bit if we get in a little further."

OOC: Is Csillag close enough to the bridge to hear any of the going ons there? She's quite focused on this cave for now.
Oct 21, 2015 11:34 pm
"Okay. I wonder how the others are doing...?"

(OoC: I'm interested in what we can hear, too. I've assumed that we can't hear something at extreme long range, what with the waterfall and the fact that no one has fired yet. We might have heard Dagger yelling a moment ago, though...)
Oct 22, 2015 2:38 pm
Dagger yells menacingly at the mercenaries across the bridge, but they don't look like they're buying it - at least, not entirely. The one who dropped his weapon, kneels on the ground and picks it up again, and the other draws his blaster. Although they are not convinced that they should flee, they do withhold their fire at this point -- uncertain that engaging the lunatic with the slugthrower is the way to go. Dagger steps onto the bridge and closes the distance with the mercenaries, walking past regularly-spaced large pillars that appear decorative, but substantial. Heyop attempts to draw on the Force to encourage fear in his opponent -- but fails to do so -- denied access to the dark side that requires such emotions to manifest. Heyop senses the Living Force pushing back on him, unwilling to bend to his will for such an application. Heyop takes 1 strain.

Kaveri calmly reaches out with her senses into the cave. The Force flows through her -- encouraging tranquil thoughts of awareness and she easily reads the presence of Csillag next to her -- a bright light in the skein of the Force. Ahead the cave feels empty of life... to the extent that Kaveri's senses can reach. It is dark, and foreboding -- but at least for the next several feet she cannot sense other life. Notably, she cannot sense Dagger or Heyop either -- giving her a sense of the limitations of her Force power.

Csillag cocks her ear towards the bridge, wondering what the men are up to. She's fairly certain she hears Dagger yelling over the low roar of the falls. And there may be a couple other voices in there -- but she's not certain (A perception check could help here with 3 difficulty dice due to the range and ambient noise).

OOC: Kaveri -- correct on the Force usage.
OOC: We now have 4 dark destiny and 3 light destiny points.
OOC: Dagger has closed to Medium range with the Mercs. Heyop is still at long range (and out of range).
OOC: Let's roll initiative:
- Dagger: Cool
- Heyop: Cool
- Kaveri: Vigilance
- Csillag: Vigilance

Rolls

Initiative for the mercenaries

Oct 22, 2015 3:03 pm
Heyop ground his teeth shaking off the mental fog. #@$*! he swore mentally knowing he needed to close the distance wondering if numbers would suddenly through them off; Heyop moved into action.

(OoC: I'll post actions once we get init order I guess)
Last edited October 22, 2015 3:05 pm

Rolls

Init Roll (Cool Rank 1)

2 Success

Oct 22, 2015 4:03 pm
His words looking to not be giving the impact he had hoped now sees this going only one way. Hethan had always warned him about his reckless and often dangerous plans. If only she was here now.

Rolls

Cool (Presence)

3 Success, 2 Advantage

Total: 3 Success, 2 Advantage

Oct 22, 2015 7:32 pm
Satisfied that she can't sense any life in the immediate vicinity, Kaveri turns back to the cave entrance to see/hear how the others are doing.

Initiative (Vigilance): 1 success, 2 advantage
Perception: 2 success
Last edited October 22, 2015 7:34 pm

Rolls

Vigilance (for initiative)

1 Success, 2 Advantage

Perception (to see/hear what's going on at the bridge)

3 Success, 2 Advantage

Difficulty of Perception check (forgot to add this)

1 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 1 Failure, 2 Threat

Oct 22, 2015 11:22 pm
Straining to listen Csillag tries to remain absolutely still.

Rolls

Perception Check

3 Success, 1 Failure, 4 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 4 Threat

Initiative

1 Success, 2 Advantage

Oct 22, 2015 11:28 pm
Kaveri's recent use of the Force to enhance her senses pays off -- and she feels like she can clearly hear Dagger yelling at someone and Heyop doing the same. It seems like they've engaged in some kind of confrontation -- at least verbal for now, with some of the guards on the bridge. Given the yelling, it's either very high emotion -- or they're talking to the guards across the bridge. Odd, that.

Csillag, hears much the same, but unlike Kaveri is fairly convinced that both Dagger and Heyop are in some sort of very serious trouble. Perhaps they've been captured or are hurt? It's really quite hard to tell, but it doesn't seem to be going well.

OOC: Initiative order is: Player, Player, Player, Player, NPCs.

We're now in 'round time' -- you guys have the first set of actions. Go.

I wasn't completely sure how to use the 'threat' for Csillag -- so opted to have her mis-hear what's going on, even though she could hear something. Opinions on alternative choices/actions are welcome in the OOC thread. I like feedback!
Oct 23, 2015 12:06 am
Thinking that Dagger and Heyop may be in trouble Csillag will run as fast as she can towards the bridge.

OOC: I'm assuming that she's still far enough way that one round of movement will still leave her quite a distance from the action.
Oct 23, 2015 12:48 am
Dagger, seeing that his opponents are not backing down he aims and opens fire on the merc who didn't drop his gun.

I don't remember all the negatives. I think I also get strain for trying to use a cumbersome weapon. This plan is going south FAST.

OOC: No strain, just makes it harder to use. You're left with 1 advantage. Looks like 2 can play the "rolls badly" game.

OOC AGAIN: Actually, since I was and idiot and forgot about AIM, could I do that now and add a bonus blue? I'm going to roll it, if you want to disallow since I sort of already said it, you sort it out how you want.

OOC LAST TIME: Total whiff still. I'll just use the left-over advantage to give the next person to go a blue dice.
Last edited October 23, 2015 2:49 am

Rolls

Ranged (Heavy) (Agility)

4 Advantage

Total: 4 Advantage

Difficulty dice for medium range + 1 for cumbersome

3 Threat

Total: 3 Threat

Totally Aimed...

Oct 23, 2015 2:17 am
OOC: Csillag - you are 'long' distance from the bridge. A full round of running (maneuver, exchange action for a maneuver) will take you to 'medium' range to Dagger and Heyop -- so you'll be a maneuver from the western edge of the bridge and extreme range to the mercenaries).
Oct 23, 2015 12:41 pm
Heyop closed the distance seeing Dagger take a bead on the more threatening target. "I'm on your back." Heyop barked out moving closer to Dagger, "They're either going to get cocky and charge but more likely to hunker down." added as he closed the distance the slugthrower rifle's barrel aimed down as he darted from his hiding position closer to dagger taking up a position behind one of the large pillars if possible.

(OoC: Moving to Medium from long, using quick draw if it's not considered already out for the weapon and using Quickstrike Rank 1 on the Merc being fired at since he hasn't acted yet (gives +1 boost dice))

Edit: Advantage Spendage: 1 Adv to heal one strain and the other 2 on Merc picking up his blaster to give him a setback die on his next check.

GM Note: Added a boost from Dagger (above). Also the way I read this is 2 maneuvers (close from long to medium) + an action. On the two maneuvers you'd take 2 strain -- I'll assume the extra advantage given by the boost die will be used to offset that strain.
Last edited October 23, 2015 12:47 pm

Rolls

Ranged Heavy @ Med Range (Agi 3 Rank 0) + Quick Strike Rank 1

3 Success, 4 Advantage, 1 Failure, 1 Threat

Advantage boost passed on by Dagger.

2 Advantage

Oct 23, 2015 2:40 pm
Kaveri turns and, seeing Csillag run out, runs after as well (out the cave, down the slope through the woods toward the bridge using two moves).
Oct 23, 2015 4:42 pm
Csillag tears off towards the bridge and Kaveri turns at the noise and runs as well. Both of them make good time, but are about 30 meters from the west end of the bridge when they spot Dagger on the bridge, attempting to fire one of the slugthrowers he picked up from the hunters. They see Heyop right on Dagger's heels, as he ducks behind a pillar and levels his slugthrower. Of the two mercenaries from this side of the bridge, there is no sign. Which is kind of weird. In the far distance, they can see two other mercenaries -- one standing, one kneeling, wielding their blaster pistols menacingly.

Dagger's slugthrower simply doesn't wish to cooperate. It belches slightly and kicks in his hands as it fires, striking one of the pillars towards the end of the bridge, causing small chips of wood to go flying and floating aimlessly down into the rushing stream below. Unlike Dagger, Heyop's aim seems a bit more on-target as his slugthrower barks its projectile down the length of the bridge and into the standing mercenary. The mercenary takes the hit, but his blast vest helps keep him standing.

Heyop's target -- the standing mercenary -- aims carefully back at Heyop and fires a shot with his blaster pistol. The shot skims the pillar that Heyop is hiding behind and nicks him in a puff of wood and smoke. Heyop takes 2 wounds.

The kneeling mercenary also aims and shoots, but at Dagger. He's feeling slightly better that although this guy can apparently throw people off of bridges, he can't hit the side of a bantha with a rifle. Or so he thinks, anyway. However, his cockiness gets the better of him and the shot goes wide -- but just barely. Dagger is fairly certain he felt the heat of that bolt as it streaks past and buries itself into a tree a few meters in front of Csillag with a flare of sparks.

OOC: Next round. Players then NPCs.

Rolls

Standing mercenary shoots at Heyop. Aim boost, cover Setback. Medium range.

4 Success, 3 Advantage, 3 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 1 Advantage

Kneeling mercenary shoots at Dagger. Aim boost, Heyop's setback, medium range.

2 Success, 2 Advantage, 2 Failure, 2 Threat

Oct 23, 2015 5:18 pm
Dagger steadied himself and aims down the barrel of the gun again. He fired another shot towards the kneeling guard.

Finally! I hit the broad side of a barn! 9 damage!
Last edited October 23, 2015 5:32 pm

Rolls

Heavy Ranged (Agility) + Aim. Negatives for cumbersome and distance.

3 Success, 3 Advantage, 1 Failure, 3 Threat

Oct 24, 2015 10:02 am
Heyop's intake of air is a bit longer than he expected as the pain hits him as he grinds his teeth. $#*!... Oh... you two want to play huh? Heyop thought to himself his lip curling taking aim now that he's in position to shoot from a better vantage. His breathing is held and he slowly squeezes the trigger.

(OoC: Taking a moment to aim and taking a shot on the same one since it's always better to share the pain.)

EDIT: Advantage spending (5): Heal up one strain (1), I'd like to give them both a set back dice (2 advantage each) (3,5).

GM note: The way I read Quickstrike is it's a bonus per encounter, versus round -- but since both your dice are equal, I'll just ignore one of the boost dice. As a result, I'll (unless you say otherwise) hand the next player roll a boost die rather than delivering a setback die to a random one of the mercenaries due to losing one advantage.
Last edited October 24, 2015 10:10 am

Rolls

Ranged-Heavy Check from Medium Range (Agi 3, Aiming, Using Quickstrike since I go first)

4 Success, 5 Advantage, 2 Failure

Total: 2 Success, 5 Advantage

Oct 24, 2015 1:56 pm
OOC Note: Csillag and Kaveri are 1 maneuver away from 'long' range. I know Kaveri has a weapon that can hit at that range, so I won't assume she's continuing to run. Csillag doesn't, so I'd assume Csillag would keep running full out, which would put her 1 maneuver away from medium range. Let me know if I'm assuming incorrectly.
Oct 24, 2015 4:48 pm
Kaveri continues to run until she can take cover behind a pillar and will then take a bead on any guard still standing.
Oct 24, 2015 5:02 pm
Ok. It's long range, so it's 3 difficulty dice if you want to get to 'long' and fire. If you want to keep closing, let me know.
Oct 24, 2015 6:29 pm
Running towards the bridge at top speed, Csillag will continue until she's in range to use her holdout blaster.
Oct 24, 2015 8:40 pm
Dagger manages to hold on to the slugthrower as it kicks and sends a slug into the kneeling mercenary. While Heyop's shot lays his target flat, blaster pistol clattering to the ground. Csillag keeps up the speed, holdout blaster in hand, and crosses past the edge of the bridge and is about halfway to Dagger and Heyop.

(OOC: I'll wait on Kaveri depending on whether or not she stops at long range and shoots (with a roll) or continues closing the distance).
Oct 25, 2015 9:11 pm
(OOC: In order to keep things moving, I'm going to go with the spirit of Kaveri's expressed intent).

Kaveri reaches the end of the bridge and rushes up against a pillar, she snaps around and lines up a shot with her blaster rifle, intending to take down the last of the mercenaries. Her shot lands on the mercenary's shoulder and spins him to the left where he sprawls to the ground -- and no longer moves.

(OOC: We're out of combat now -- back into narrative mode. What next?)

Rolls

Kaveri's long distance shot with a blaster rifle. Ranged (Heavy)

4 Success, 3 Advantage, 1 Failure, 4 Threat

Total: 3 Success, 1 Threat

Heyop's boost die

1 Success, 1 Advantage

Oct 25, 2015 9:14 pm
(OoC: Since the setback dice was switched out to a booster dice for the next ally check would Kaveri get that? If not would someone else be able to use it to check us over for injuries?)

Response: Ohyah.. modified. :)
Last edited October 25, 2015 9:18 pm
Oct 25, 2015 9:17 pm
Heyop stalks forward still scanning the area walking in a semi crouched manner towards the other side of the bridge his slugthrower still up and ready to shoot, he checks the bodies after kicking the blaster's away from the body and signals the others to come over since they're down and unarmed. If they're KO'd check them for items and I'll probably notice the blasters position while checking them.

"Everyone okay?" Heyop would mutter while taking stock and inventory of the situation still scanning the area as well.
Oct 25, 2015 11:45 pm
Dagger checks himself over and sees no damage. "Well. I, uh, did not foresee that going as it did. I...", he looks back at the rest of the group, "...I'm sorry. It would seem we are not in the cities and my tactics were wreckless...although effective", he says, looking at the two bodies and back to the other end of the bridge where the first two fell.

Dagger will look for equipment as well and then may rest a moment and distribute XP. How much did that reckless stunt earn?
Last edited October 25, 2015 11:47 pm
Oct 25, 2015 11:56 pm
Seeing things appear to be under control Csillag breaks out of her sprint and jogs over to Dagger and Heyop.

"So much for a distraction then."
Oct 26, 2015 12:00 am
"That's one word for how that went down. You wouldn't believe what happened to the first two even if I told you", Dagger replies.
Oct 26, 2015 1:28 am
Taking a quick glance around Csillag takes a body count and notices a few of the guards appear to be missing. Shaking her head slightly she looks back at Dagger and chuckles, "I'm not even going to ask."
Oct 26, 2015 2:21 am
The mercenaries are each carrying -- or were in the cast of their Blaster Pistols -- a blaster pistol, a vibroknife and a comlink. Given two of the mercenaries are being carried downstream as you speak, there are only two of each available. The blaster pistols of each of the mercenaries are near to hand lying on the ground.

(OOC: Dagger - there was 10 XP awarded earlier, but that's it so far. FFG seems a little stingy on XP, wanting ~several encounters before awarding ~10 XP). I'm still learning how I'd like to balance it -- but for now if you haven't taken that 10 before, you have 10 pending.
Oct 26, 2015 3:56 am
Dagger, sits and practices flourishes with his vibroknife. Having failed with this device multiple times he is determined to increase his skills enough to make it a viable last resort. He also grabs one of the comlinks and sits listening to it silently to see if he can hear any activity.

Training my melee skill. Costs me 10 XP to get first rank since it isn't a career or subtalent skill.
Last edited October 26, 2015 3:57 am
Oct 26, 2015 7:18 am
Kaveri crosses the rest of the bridge to join the others and inspects their surroundings, trying to get a sense of the best way to proceed to rescue Hethan.

Rolls

Perception

1 Success, 4 Advantage

Total: 1 Success, 4 Advantage

Oct 26, 2015 12:44 pm
Heyop checks the pistols that had clattered to the ground for usability still. They were better than what he was using. Pulling his holdout pistol he tucked it into his boot blousing his pants over it. Putting one of the Blaster Pistols in his holster he put down the Slug Thrower, it was most going to be dead weight he figured for him.

"You probably shouldn't ask... if things had gone bad we would have had to explain to Romund when we save her how Dagger got injured in this rescue attempt. That's not something I really want to burden her with if we can help it." Heyop chastised Dagger before quick drawing the new pistol to get a feel for it. With a sigh he continued, "I'm not here to bust your ball man... but if we're going to rescue her I do realize time is of the essence but we need to be going able to maintain at 100% for when we face this guy who brought her here... Lets take a moment and we can press after that... Am I still bleeding?" Heyop added standing and turning this way and that trying to figure out if the wet/warm feeling was sweat or blood.

(OoC: I'm mostly ready to go after we recover strain or if Csillag wants to look at my wound, if it's minor rubs some mud on it and we're good to go
Oct 26, 2015 10:01 pm
"Are you wounded, Heyop? Didn't even notice. Let me take a look..."

Csillag will use her Force Heal to heal three of Heyop's wounds.

"How's that? If you need some more treatment just let me know and I'll break out the medpack."
Last edited October 26, 2015 10:02 pm
Oct 27, 2015 3:23 am
Heyop is not necessarily still bleeding, but the blaster wound is quite visible in his shoulder. Csillag serenely reaches out to Heyop and he feels the power of the Living Force infuse him after a few moments. When they pass -- he feels hale and hearty again -- bolstered by the Force. Not far from them, Dagger is practicing with his vibroknife and not hearing much pass on the comlinks. For whatever reason, it appears that the guards are not talkative types. Kaveri stands a little apart from the rest, looking around. She notices that the path continues about 100 meters or so then splits ahead with a left turn heading towards the north -- more or less in the direction of the temple.

With nothing else to occupy your immediate attention, you slowly and implicitly gather things up and head down the path, taking the left turn north. It leads to a series of steps carved into the mountain side that lead up to another steppe, from which the river falls under the bridge. It continues along the river and across the step for what appears to be the final ascent to the mountain. A series of switchbacks that disappear into a tunnel a few dozen meters below the temple.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/forceanddestiny/temple-climb.jpg

The going isn't particularly tough -- but it's still a bit of a walk that requires the better part of a half-hour to get to the entrance of the tunnel due to the continuing increase in elevation. It appears to lead behind the falling river that now clearly originates from the temple above. The tunnels seems... dark. Though sconces can be seen not far from the entrance -- as if to indicate that at one point artificial light was available. About 50 or 60 meters above you, you can make out the wall of the temple -- crumbling towards the eastern end directly above you. In the center of the wall there looks like some kind of obeslisk in the middle of the river -- which pours quickly around it and down the falls that the cave before you runs behind.

OOC: Dagger and Heyop add a blaster pistol (Ranged (Light)) to their inventory. Dagger adds a comlink, too. I think you both have dropped the rifles, as well?
Oct 27, 2015 1:37 pm
After offering Csillag thanks and a bit of a trek they found themselves looking at the entrance to a cave. "I guess we're pressing forward? Carefully this time?" Heyop stated moving forward unless someone wanted to scout ahead instead. If not he's moving to the first visible scone to see what's up with light sources in the caves.

(OoC: Let me know if you'd like a stealth check.)
Oct 27, 2015 10:01 pm
Csillag will follow Heyop as he moves towards the cave remaining about 10' behind.
Oct 28, 2015 2:17 am
The cave is quiet, a little damp and musty and quite dark. Peering in from the place of the first sconce -- you suspect you can get another 5-10 feet before you're encased in the pitch dark. The wall sconce itself seems about as old as anything else Heyop has laid eyes on. It's sort of miraculous it appears to continue to be stuck onto the wall. It might be something that could be coaxed back from the dead -- but it's quite difficult to ascertain at first glance.

Csillag remains back by the entrance to the cave whilst Heyop noses about.
Oct 28, 2015 2:41 am
Dagger fishes around in a large pocket inside of his concealing robes and produces 4 glowrods. "It's a good thing I snagged a pack of these on that last ship we took in. Figured they might come in handy." He clicks his on and shines it further down the hallway. He hands one to the other two people at the entrance to the cave, and then walks in to hand Heyop his.

He mutters under his breath as he walks, Hope the ship's captain won't miss these. Probably should have asked for them.

Flipping a light-side point to help us out here. :)
Last edited October 28, 2015 2:49 am
Oct 28, 2015 2:47 am
With Dagger's purloined glow rods the tunnel lights up quite nicely. Despite the rugged exterior, it looks well-crafted further in, if a bit worn by the years. It would seem that this was a Jedi temple that was long since abandoned well before the Empire. with the light, the tunnel no longer seems quite as foreboding as it once did.

The tunnel snakes straight and curves up and to the left, coming out into the sunlight once more on the far side of the temple, about halfway up from where you entered the cave. The path leads around the mountain, with an old stone bridge arching over the waterfall that originates from the temple. A short walk around the eastern side of the temple leads to a set of stairs that curve north, east and then back around to the plaza of the temple.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/forceanddestiny/temple-plaza.jpg

As you settle into the plaza the temple seems even larger than you first imagined it, its large stone arches and pillars crowned with snow. To your right, around a large pillar is a short flight of wide stairs leading into a natural grotto of some sort, while ahead of you is a large stone plaza. The temple itself is an imposing facade of stone, crumbling rock and the occasional cloaked statue that ancient Jedi appear to be so fond of in their work. Far across the plaza, you can easily make out the silhouette of a small door past on of those statues. Smack dab in the center of the temple is the main entrance -- and about 15-20 meters away on the eastern end of the temple, another small opening appears to lead inside.

This broad, stone plaza that you're on is lit by the warm spring sun -- and dozing in the sunlight at least 75 meters away is a small pack of four native predators. They appear to be large, four-legged mammals with powerful jaws and fangs. One stirs in its slumber, jostling a second, and suddenly there's a snarling, spitting, roaring and a crunch of bone and blood. Now there are only three. Clearly these animals are driven mad by the dark side of the Force. Getting past them, into the temple is your next challenge.
Oct 28, 2015 8:10 am
Kaveri will unsling her rifle and take careful aim; it's long range, but her heavy blaster rifle can shoot that far. She won't take a shot unless the monsters detect them and come running. "Those look pretty horrible, and they're between us and Hethan. Can any of you think of a way around them that doesn't involve fighting?"

Rolls

Firing (should it become necessary, with Aiming bonus die)

3 Success, 2 Advantage, 4 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Failure, 1 Advantage

Oct 28, 2015 11:57 am
Eyeing the secondary door Dagger immediately thinks of the cave entrance he so quickly disregarded before. We could attempt to sneak by and use that side entrance there." I draw my new blaster pistol and try stealthily move to the stone pillar near the animals while they slumber uneasily.

Trying to sneak behind the pillar that is just due east of the animals on the above map.
Last edited October 28, 2015 4:18 pm

Rolls

Stealth (Agility) Positive dice.

2 Success, 3 Advantage, 1 Triumph

Total: 2 Success, 3 Advantage, 1 Triumph

Oct 28, 2015 3:48 pm
With a raised eyebrow Heyop would watch Dagger's movements. Thoughts of influencing the emotions of the animals would wait, if one of them stirred from Dagger's creeping around the area and seemed like he would be noticed Heyop would attempt to try to use the force to influence a sense of calm in the creature. I'm hoping this ends well for a change... he thought to himself as he watched.

(OoC: I thought we were the red circle on the map.)

Rolls

If needed for the influence roll.

1 Black Force Point

Oct 28, 2015 3:52 pm
Remnant says:
(OoC: I thought we were the red circle on the map.)
Correct.
Oct 28, 2015 9:48 pm
Not thinking that her holdout blaster would be of any use at this range Csillag will instead check on her medical equipment. She has a feeling Dagger may be needing some care as she watches him slowly make his way towards the creatures.
Oct 29, 2015 12:01 am
The party tenses as, once more, Dagger moves forward into the fray. He easily moves within short range of the slumbering predators and on a whim, tosses a small handful of rocks at them before ducking back behind the pillar. Aroused and angered by the rocks, the three wolf-like creatures turn on one another and the fur and blood flies and you watch as before you the beasts proceed to mortally wound each other. The "winner" of the battle half-collapses on the far side of the raised steps and tumbles down it to splash into the water. Based on the noise and bits of water, you surmise that it struggles to stay afloat as it heads towards the precipice not far away.

To the party's surprise, another pack of three of the predators appear at the entrance to the grotto -- having closed stealthily without you noticing. However the sight of potential prey triggers a power struggle amongst the three, and they are soon just two. Their business done, their turn their bloody maws at Heyop, Csillag and Kaveri, quite interested in the meals before them.

Players please roll Vigilance for initiative.

OOC: I took the lead on this triumph because I wanted to keep things progressing. In the future if you roll a triumph, feel free to work with me in the OOC thread or through notes or messages if you want to accomplish something suitably dramatic and awesome. A triumph is meant to be a pretty big deal, so use it well!

Rolls

Cool for wolf initiative

2 Success

Oct 29, 2015 12:09 am
Csillag watches in stunned silence as Dagger's plan works to near perfection. "Wow!" she mutters before noticing the other creatures eyeing her.

Rolls

Vigilance

2 Success

Oct 29, 2015 2:39 am
Daggers silence and bewilderment is quite evident on his face. He wonders if this is the force acting on his behalf. First the bridge, now the animals. He remembers briefly after he followed one of his "plans" with Hethan.

"How? How did you do that, Dagger?", the tone almost worrisome, "He came at you with a vibroaxe, and somehow managed to fall on it, killing himself."

"I don't know", Dagger responds, looking around the room confused, "I'm more concerned about how him landing on his axe sent out blaster shots that took the other four guys down", he looks down at his unfired blaster.

"Well, whatever you did, don't stop doing it, c'mon, let's hurry", she says, running of down the alley, the look of worry not completely removed from her face.

Dagger snaps back to reality and sees his problem isn't over yet. His friends may need his help, or maybe just his dumb luck.

WHAT IN HOLY HELL IS GOING ON WITH ME!?! Lol. Dagger will just be slapsticking his way through stuff from now on. If it isn't broke don't fix it. I've taken out 6 enemies without a single wound.
Last edited October 29, 2015 2:41 am

Rolls

Vigilance (Willpower)

2 Success

Oct 29, 2015 3:16 am
Kaveri blinks in surprise at the outcome of Dagger's pebble toss, then shrugs and begins to ship her rifle...and then notices the creatures at her elbow.

Rolls

Vigilance

4 Success

Total: 4 Success

Oct 29, 2015 12:41 pm
Heyop doesn't bother to shake his head, Dagger might seem reckless in some things but as long as things kept working in his favor he probably wouldn't error on caution in his gamble. Hearing the signs of activity behind him he sighed internally, it figures this would happen to them. Granted it could be worse he could have one of the beast locked onto his arm dragging him around already... not that it was not an option still.

Rolls

Vigiliance Check (Rank 1 Wil 2)

1 Advantage

Total: 1 Advantage

Oct 29, 2015 3:01 pm
Initiative is 3 players, NPCs, 1 player. Feel free to post in arbitrary order (unless you want to coordinate). I will coordinate/modify the last player to post if they post before I post the NPC move.

Range to the wolves is Short for Kaveri, Heyop and Csillag (1 purple die).

Go!
Oct 29, 2015 3:23 pm
(OoC: Yes yes, Dagger's theme song is the opening from Highlander the TV Series.)

Heyop looks at the ladies with him and the predator's as they closed in. "Well we can't all be Dagger." he stated his hand blurring to his holster. An attempt to take down the beast before they pounced would be great. Dagger might be slowly warping reality around him but Heyop just had to have faith in his own ability.

(OoC: Using Quick Draw to pull as an incidental, Aiming, and using Quick Strike (Once per encounter before a target has acted this encounter, I'll assume they're at medium but if it's less just edit out one of the purples.)

Edit: Advantage spending (2) - (1) Heal 1 Strain (from my dark force roll), (2) give the next PC a blue boost die.
Double edit: Shooting with the Blaster Pistol since it was in my holster... I don't know how to shoot two guns at once. T-T
Last edited October 29, 2015 3:26 pm

Rolls

Ranged - Light (Agi 3 Rank 1 + Aiming + Quick Strike R1)

2 Success, 2 Advantage

Total: 2 Success, 2 Advantage

Oct 29, 2015 6:41 pm
Dagger, seeing all of his friends engaging with the beasts moves in to help. Hoping to get there soon enough to help. "I know one way to skin a cat", he says as his vibroknife is drawn, then he thinks a second, "Dog", he clarified as he runs off.

It makes sense for Dagger to go in the last slot since I was busy with the other creatures. So I'll take last slot voluntarily. I would also like to see if it's okay with the GM that I draw my knife as an incidental during my move maneuver. I'll also trade my action for a second move maneuver to get to medium range. I haven't put away my blaster pistol either so I'm moving in with both out. Let me know if that's too much.
Oct 29, 2015 9:44 pm
Dropping to a knee Csillag readies her holdout blaster and takes aim at one of the creatures.

GM: adding a boost die from Heyop.
GM Edit #2: Ugh. Sorry.

Rolls

Attack [Ranged-Short/Aimed]

4 Success, 2 Advantage, 1 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 3 Success, 1 Advantage

Boost from Heyop.

Oct 29, 2015 11:16 pm
(OoC: Csillag has an extra boost dice from my action to roll btw)
Oct 30, 2015 11:45 pm
Heyop’s blaster lines up and fires -- the short range enabling a nice clean shot that significantly injures the ice wolf, blasting into its hindquarters and met with a yelp and a snarl. Csillag kneels and gets another shot into the beast, and it falls to the side, dead. Kaveri, halfway through shipping her rifle spins and shoots from the hip -- landing a hit that dispatches the last icewolf with the much more powerful blaster rifle she carries.

And the moment passes -- almost as if it didn’t happen. But there are three nearby, dead, icewolves to give lie to that fact. You each feel -- a rightness -- like your actions were coordinated, and correct. Each player recovers 2 strain if they have any strain damage.

The plaza is now empty of predators and the temple remains. How do you proceed?
Oct 31, 2015 12:34 am
"So...how do we proceed? Side door to the left, side door to the right, or straight in the entrance?"

Kaveri considers her own question.

"If we can get closer, I might be able to detect Malefax or Hethan with the Force. Any other ideas on how we could work together as the Gatekeeper suggested?"
Oct 31, 2015 1:00 am
"I guess we catch our breath and I vote we take the side door on the far side, I think Malefax knows we're coming so we need to be on the lookout for booby traps and/or an ambush. Regardless" Heyop stated reholstering his weapon looking to Kaveri on the subject and then the rest of the group before addressing her directly, "If you can sense him and Romund Kaveri that would be best for us to come up with a full operation plan if we can get the drop on him and that tactical advantage to take him out quickly with a coordinated shooting between the four of us I think we should be able to take him out quickly if he's still up and standing for a fight it would hopefully be short work. If things turn sideways Dagger seems to have odd luck when being reckless but I honestly don't want to keep rolling this outcome if I can help it, if he and I can pull his attention that should give you Kaveri enough time to line up a bead on him from a ways out if you don't want to get close. Csillag take a shot where you can but try and find Hethan we don't know her condition of if he's even treating her in a civil manner you're the best one to know if she needs healing." Heyop stated pulling his holdout blaster from his boot and handing it over to Csillag, "Use this or give it to Romund when you find her if you need to patch her up to get her moving so she can watch your back, I'm hoping he's alone in there but he might not be."

"If everything hits the fan I guess we'll roll with it." Heyop stated rolling his shoulders and neck his hands clenching and unclenching quickly, "What do you guys think? Also should we move in as a squad or spaced out in case there's more patrols?" Heyop added cocking his head sideways looking to the rest of the group.

(OoC: I'd like to heal up some strain if we take a few minutes to pow wow on a plan. It's apparent Heyop is quick to rattle of a simple assault raid plan and extract but lets hash it out what people think.)
Oct 31, 2015 2:35 am
Csillag takes the holdout blaster from Heyop and secures it within her robes.

"Perhaps one of us could scout ahead of the group but I think we should stick together as much as possible. Once contact is made I'll split off and locate Hethan. Just give me a some sort of sign if things start going bad and I'll join the fray."

Csillag will offer medical attention to anyone that needs it. I'm assuming she can use her force healing multiple times while we're taking a little break and discussing our plan of attack.
Oct 31, 2015 2:36 am
"Just be careful Kaveri, I've heard much of the force, and from what I can sumise, if you can feel or detect the presence of a force user, they can likewise feel your presence", Dagger states, trying to remember his time with Hethan. "I just don't want to be detected before we are even within sight. Maybe we could break into two groups and take each side entrance. We could radio over coms our positions and status", he suggests, knowing splitting up may be more dangerous, but it may also gain one or both groups flaking on the enemy.
Oct 31, 2015 11:14 am
"Two pairs, then? One on each side door, perhaps? OK, who's coming with me?" Kaveri waits while the others regain strain, and will then head to the door on the left side. She'll look with raised eyebrow to see which of these omnivores will join her, then - assuming no further surprises before the door - she'll wait just outside the doorway and attempt to reach out to the Force to sense nearby life forms.

The sense of the Dark Side is seductive, but she resists the temptation...this time.
Last edited October 31, 2015 11:15 am

Rolls

Force points for Sense

1 Black Force Point

Oct 31, 2015 2:37 pm
"If we're going to split I'll head off with Kaveri."
Oct 31, 2015 2:54 pm
"Looks like it's you and me, Heyop", Dagger says. A small smirk crosses his face. "Maybe you should be point. May be less...chaotic that way."
Oct 31, 2015 11:17 pm
Heyop wishes the ladies luck before nodding to Dagger and moves out to the far side after taking a breather. "I thought you would just walk in see Malefax and slap him in the face to get his attention..." jeered back before he quieted down.

Rolls

Rolling Cool to attempt strain recovery (Pre 3 Rank 1)

4 Success, 1 Advantage

Stealth if needed (Agi 3)

2 Success, 4 Advantage

Total: 2 Success, 4 Advantage

Nov 1, 2015 1:47 am
"That's plan B", Dagger jests back. He follows Heyop as quietly as he can.

Rolls

Sneaky Sneaking

4 Success, 2 Advantage, 1 Triumph

Total: 4 Success, 2 Advantage, 1 Triumph

Nov 1, 2015 2:18 am
Csillag will fall in behind Kaveri as she attempts to sense if anything is alive.
Nov 1, 2015 3:14 pm
Heyop and Dagger sneak forward into a small antechamber shaped like a pudgy reversed L. At the top corner of the room, the wall has collapsed into a riot of rubble that suggests a passageway beyond -- but looking at the rocks, the effort to move that way is clearly too great. Closer to hand, a doorway leads up a small flight of stairs into another room. Not having anywhere to go but up, the men careful head up the stairs into some form of communications room dominated by a holonet projector/receiver. However the machinery of the room is powered down and silent. In the far corner of this room, a passageway leads out. When followed, Heyop and Dagger are stopped a few short meters later, standing on a ledge where the corridor has obviously collapsed into a roughly hewn... cave-like thing. From their vantage point, they can see the corridor they are in continuing along about 10m north -- across the way. It appears that the cave otherwise leads west into another room and east deeper into the mountain.

Kaveri and Csillag enter their room -- and while also L-shaped, this one has been rotated onto its side. Upon entry they see a statue of some long-dead Jedi, seated in a contemplative pose. Around the corner of the L there are three options. North into a small room. West into a room that has several flights of stairs lining its outer wall up to another level and east, through a large door into what looks like the antechamber of the temple -- where the main entrance would no doubt lead.
Nov 1, 2015 4:42 pm
This is not what she expected at all; talk of a temple had her imagining a wide open space with lots of columns... Kaveri crosses over and peers into the small room first.
Nov 1, 2015 8:13 pm
The small room is regularly shaped -- a square with it's northeastern corner cut out by a large curve. It's pretty nondescript, having been in some form of disrepair for some time. There's a couple old crates that have been busted open and long-since plundered, but it is otherwise empty. Perhaps this was some sort of small reception room.
Nov 1, 2015 8:39 pm
"Should we try to leap across the gap, or climb our way down?", Dagger looks to Heyop.
Nov 1, 2015 10:36 pm
Csillag slowly moves to Kaveri's side and puts a hand on her should to get her attention. Pointing to the east she gives Kaveri a slight nod and moves off to investigate the door.
Last edited November 1, 2015 10:53 pm
Nov 1, 2015 10:44 pm
Kaveri nods and follows.
Hopefully, the others have reached the main hall, too, and we'll meet them there...
Nov 1, 2015 11:05 pm
The antechamber is large -- this is the wide open space with columns -- although only 4 -- that Kaveri was expecting. Red tiles line a broad promenade north-south through the room and the large door from where Csillag and Kaveri are standing provides a cross-path of similar width, effectively splitting the antechamber into four panes. Each of the panes are bordered by four small steps around the inner edges (along the walkways) leading to small sunken areas where you can imagine Jedi of years past gathered to practice, meditate or quietly discuss the issues of the day. The four pillars that dominate the room, one for each of the sunken areas, are towards the middle of the antechamber reaching up high into a roof well above.

Like much of the rest of the temple, the room is in disrepair, with foliage running amok -- mostly in snaking vines -- and rock cracked and/or crumbling here or there. It's unclear just how old this temple is, or when it was last occupied, but it clearly looks like it's seen much better days over the past few years.

Directly across the way -- to the east -- the large doorway which is the analog to the one they are looking through appears to have suffered some form of rocky collapse, and it is cut off. North, out of the antechamber, one of two large double-doors is missing leading further into the temple, the other standing lonely sentinel.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/forceanddestiny/antechamber-1.jpg
Nov 2, 2015 1:59 pm
"Depends on how long ago this gap was created. Cutting off paths to you is one way to make sure no one sneaks up on you unsuspectingly…How are you on leaps of faith? Let me check it out first though…" Heyop mentions squatting trying to assess how long ago the gap was created and how far of a drop down it’ll be if they don’t make the leap, by design of the temple there may not have needed to be a pathway, if might have collapse due to age and dilapidation, or by means of someone blowing up a walkway so no one could traverse the area easily.

(OoC: Trying to access how far down it is to below, if there was never a walkway (no debris below), if it collapsed naturally (debris right under where the walking should be, if it was blown up (debris scatter below but away from a specific area; if you need multiple rolls I’m okay with that. I’m trying to figure out why the gap is here and if we’d be able to climb across the other side back up if we don’t make the jump)

Rolls

Perception Check (Rank 1 Cun 2)

2 Success

Nov 2, 2015 4:39 pm
Kaveri whispers to Csillag: "It looks like maybe they can't get through. I just want to check the Force, then we should go back and get them."

Then she moves ahead into the Antechamber, going up close to the northern door, and will reach out to the Force to see if she can sense anything other than the Dark Side of the Force. She reaches out to the Light Side of the Force and feels for other life forms in the area (other side of the door, other side of the rockfall...?).
Last edited November 2, 2015 4:40 pm

Rolls

Force points to consider using sense power

2 White Force Points

Nov 2, 2015 7:06 pm
Heyop takes a look around, with Dagger looking gingerly over his head. It looks like whatever used to be part of this corridor fell to the ground and was blown or rolled west to block a doorway. The gaps are few and far between -- but it appears there's a pretty sizable room through that debris. As to jumping across the gap -- it's a good 6 meters. Unfortunately with the way the corridor is angled, there's no real opportunity to build up the speed necessary to do a solid long jump over the distance. That means, in the end, probably climbing down and up. Climbing down seems easy enough -- it's 3-4 meters down. Climbing up looks like it'll be a bit trickier, but doable. The underground passageway to the west dims quickly due to a lack of light and seems to turn a corner.

Kaveri moves forward to the door and reaches out with her mind -- the Force surges and responds. She easily picks up the warm, diffuse light that is Csillag nearby and at the very edges of her awareness she senses the presence of a handful of beings. Due to the distance, the taste -- or sense -- of these beings is very faint, but it doesn't have the rancid, cold feeling of the dark side. If Malefax is that direction, he is not nearby at this time.
Nov 2, 2015 7:23 pm
Dagger eyes the gap with Heyop and realizes there is only one way to go and flips down to the floor below. When down and standing he flips on the glow rod again.
Last edited November 2, 2015 7:24 pm

Rolls

Coordination (Agility)

3 Success, 2 Advantage

Nov 2, 2015 7:40 pm
Heyop follows Dagger down moving from a squatting position to a hanging position to drop down below. Looking around to see what the new light source provides here they may not have noticed before.

Rolls

Coodination to scramble down (Agi 3 Rank 1)

2 Success, 1 Advantage

Total: 2 Success, 1 Advantage

Perception for Glowlight area (Cun 2 Rank 1)

3 Success, 1 Advantage

Nov 2, 2015 7:54 pm
Kaveri rejoins Csillag, turns on her comlink, and describes to Dagger and Heyop where they are and that there are people nearby.
Nov 2, 2015 9:32 pm
Kaveri and Csillag make out a light moving around behind the rubble to the east as Heyop and Dagger alight upon the floor and look around. As to the men, there's nothing particularly new and exciting from this vantage point than from the they previously enjoyed. The passageway clearly continues to the east and curves around to the north. The west is blocked by rubble that appears no more movable from here than before. And ahead of you to the north a clamber up the wall looks doable to get back into the corridor you were in, just without having to jump the gap.

A climb up - either where you came from, or ahead - is an average task and will requires two purple dice.
Nov 2, 2015 9:37 pm
Dagger, leading the way attempts a scramble up the wall.

[ OOC: Can I do this in any way to leverage my agility instead of brawn? I'll roll both, you take what you think is right. ]

Rolls

Agility

4 Success, 1 Advantage

Brawn

2 Advantage

Difficulty

1 Failure, 2 Threat

Nov 2, 2015 11:54 pm
There didn't seem to be that much in the way of further clues really and their path was being steered a certain way. Heyop watched as Dagger attempted to shimmy up the wall.

(OoC: I figure it's an athletics check since climbing up would be all upper body, considering I saw Dagger with the Slug Thrower Rifle I'll wait to see if he manages it up. If he fails to climb up I can try to maybe give him a boost or something... unless he's like 90 lbs wet in which case maybe I can carry him on my back?)
Nov 3, 2015 3:55 am
Dagger manages to get about halfway up the climb before sliding back down -- the going is just tough enough that he finds making it up to the corridor rough going. The comms chime softly as Kaveri reaches out.

OOC: Heyop can assist Dagger - if so, y'all should own that narrative. The roll will be 3 green + 2 purple.
Nov 3, 2015 4:50 am
Dagger feels as though he starts to get a good handle on the climb just as his footing slips and he tumbles back down. Looking slightly embarrassed he turns to Heyop, seeing he is trying not to laugh. "Just get over here and give me a boost", he says, trying not to let his embarrassment register on his face.
Last edited November 3, 2015 4:51 am
Nov 3, 2015 5:12 am
Heyop watched impartial at first but after a while started to shake his head his chest and shoulders shaking as he stifled a quiet laugh. "I can give you a boost up but that'll only get you so far Dagger..." started in before reminding himself Dagger wasn't a soldier he could yell him into competency, "It's nice to know even you can see things you're not good at, once you have a good hold with your hands find someplace to place your feet and hold your weight on it while you find a hand hold with one arm and pull yourself up to it, always grip with the other hand and make sure it's a firm hold that can support your weight. Take your time and don't rush it or you'll come tumbling down and I won't be here to catch you. I think the ladies are calling in for a status." Heyop finally advised with his back to the stone he squatted as he threaded fingers together for Dagger to get a boot into. Hopefully half lift half tossing him up the wall would be a good start. After this was all over and they had a bit of time to recoup Heyop would think about drilling some basic strength exercises into him.

Once Dagger was on the wall Heyop would attempt to find his own way up so he could call in his status to the other team.

(OoC: I'll let Dagger make the roll for himself with the assist.)

Edit: I'll spend the threat as wounds, Dagger not knowing sometimes his feet weren't on solid footing didn't noticed he was slipping since I was pushing him upwards will holding on myself up.
Last edited November 3, 2015 5:15 am

Rolls

Rock Climbing (Brawn 3 Rank 0)

2 Success, 3 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 3 Threat

Nov 3, 2015 2:24 pm
Dagger tries again with Heyops help to scramble up to the corridor above.

Rolls

Rock Climbing

3 Success, 3 Threat

Total: 3 Success, 3 Threat

Nov 3, 2015 6:27 pm
Heyop gets at least one foot in the face and one on the top of his head -- with bits of gravel stuck in the treads of Dagger's shoes acting as cleats. Wincing, he's nonetheless able to get Dagger up top only a little scratched and scuffled looking a little worse for wear.

Note that the threat should be strain rather than wounds. Why don't you both take 3 strain as part of the joy of climbing.
Nov 3, 2015 6:35 pm
Heyop breathing a bit heavier than he thought he'd be from this stood up fully finally getting his breath and fished his tongue around his mouth before spitting out a bit of gravel offered by Dagger's expert climbing. Heyop pulled his Commlink after hearing the ladies status and nodded before he gave them their own location looking around he was not climbing back down... He debated pushing Dagger off though. Once they figured their bearings he'd tap Daggers arm when they were ready to go.

(Oh I'll take the strain instead then. XD If we have time to I'd roll Cool if not the roll doesn't count.)

Rolls

Geh huff huff I hate the taste of gravel in the evening Cool check (pressence 3 Rank 1)

1 Success, 4 Advantage

Total: 1 Success, 4 Advantage

Nov 3, 2015 6:49 pm
Dagger brushes himself off and offers Heyop a slightly sheepish, "Thanks. How about we tell the ladies that we were jumped by ten guys?" he follows Heyop when they are ready to go.
Nov 3, 2015 8:05 pm
Dagger and Heyop now stand at the southern end of a corridor that stretches north for several meters before taking a left turn back towards the main body of the temple.

Alas -- unless you want to stay put for a few minutes, a Cool check would not be appropriate at this time for recovering strain. My mental sense of a strain recovery cooldown is something like 5-15 minutes of recentering/etc. I'll need to read up on that in the CRB.

I'll wait 'til you guys collectively figure out the plan to provide some more narrative.
Nov 3, 2015 8:28 pm
(OoC: Void it then I'll wait until we meet back up if we have time or wait for combat to start)

Scanning the area Heyop got back on his Commlink as he looked around. "We're in the main body of the temple... If Malefax is doing all this I can see why the Gatekeeper wanted him out..." he stated looking around at the ready as they pressed forward.

(OoC: Let me know if I need perception tests or anything... Yaaay we didn't have to climb back down!)
Nov 4, 2015 4:26 am
The corridor, north, is about 2-3 meters wide and lined in faded red tile on the outer edges. On the left after about 4 meters, a series of four large pensive seated Jedi statues line the wall. 12 meters beyond that, the corridor ends in a wall -- and a sealed door -- and otherwise opens to the left. Heyop and Dagger peer cautiously around the corner and see the looming pillars of the Assembly Hall of the Temple.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/forceanddestiny/assembly-1.jpg

The Assembly Hall is lit by brilliant shafts of sunlight from above. From their vantage point they can see 4 pillars in a curve that stake out the boundary of a wide balcony which is split by water rushing pure and quickly off the ledge into a pool below. Oddly the sound of the moving water isn't disruptive -- it's peaceful and meditative. The same red accents in the floor appear bordering the channel of water which is about a meter across.

Well past the Assembly Hall another corridor is visible on the opposite side. Heyop and Dagger wonder if that's where, perhaps, Csillag and Kaveri have gotten themselves off to. But they are both mindful, nonetheless, that they cannot make out where their colleagues are just yet. Briefly, they catch sight of an Advozse mercenary walking, on patrol at the end of that far corridor as he turns south -- perhaps towards the women.

(OOC: Csillag and Kaveri are just below the "small room" in the lower left of this picture.")
Nov 4, 2015 5:48 am
Dagger signals Heyop that there is another person out ahead. Pointing towards the corridor with the mercenary. He draws his Blaster Pistol and sneaks his way out to the first pillar above the pond. Trying to put it between himself and the mercenary.

Rolls

Stealth (Agility)

5 Success

Total: 5 Success

Opposed roll.

2 Threat

Nov 4, 2015 7:16 am
Kaveri looks at Csillag: "Somehow they got ahead of us; it was probably them that I sensed with the Force. Come on, let's see if we can catch up...carefully!"

Kaveri will head back into the antechamber, go to the northern door, and peek quickly around the corner to get a quick glimpse at what's there.
Nov 4, 2015 1:12 pm
From the more secluded position Heyop gets on his comms, "One horn headed your way possibly. Plus Dagger's trying to do... something..." Heyop stated before putting away his link. He'd try and get Dagger's attention drawing his punch dagger and wiggling it. They didn't know what the patrols were like and in the temple a blaster going off in an area this big would probably echo.

(OoC: No idea what I'd do to let Dagger actually know. I'm figuring the sound of the pool and the serene nature wouldn't cover up the sound of blaster fire. I do agree a quick kill or knock out is probably beneficial)
Nov 4, 2015 3:59 pm
Kaveri moves quickly and carefully into the open atrium of the temple where the stream that begins in the temple and feeds that lack of the mountain valley below cascades quietly down upon a strange cubic form balanced on one of its corners. The falling water is quiet and contemplative -- rather than crashing and discordant. Sweeping up either side of this fountain broad staircases lead up to the assembly hall of the temple. Kaveri sees the tip of Dagger's head as he comes from the right and appears to head towards a pillar -- as he does so, his head pops back out of view.

Dagger makes it to his pillar -- eyes intent on the retreating mercenary across the way. This focus causes him to be particularly surprised (Dagger takes a setback die on his next action) when not far from his position you all hear a scream followed by "Nothing! The archive is empty! Just a bunch of useless scrolls and tablets! Where is the holocron?!" Whipping his head around, Dagger sees Hethan Romund against a pillar (the star) with another mercenary standing over her. Across the hall, a red-skinned figure with two sharp horns on his forehead strides into view and points a wicked serrated sword at Romund. "Tell me," you all hear, "or I’ll skin you alive!" Dagger sees him turn and stalk back into the archive from which you hear more screams and crashing. The voice seems unhinged, and waves of anger, fear and hatred boil off of its owner, permeating the temple.

OOC: My assumption is that Heyop isn’t quite where Dagger is, being a bit more cautious. Csillag will be assumed to be near/at Kaveri absent instructions otherwise. Malefax is occupying the archive to the left of the hall. What do you do?

Rolls

Prepping for turn-based stuff. Initiative for Merc (if surprised)

1 Advantage

Initiative for Merc (not surprised)

1 Success, 1 Advantage

Initiative for Malefax (surprised)

2 Success

Initiative for Malefax (not surprised)

1 Advantage

Nov 4, 2015 4:14 pm
Dagger is going to level his blaster at the mercenary that remains, firing from behind his pillar cover. Shifting just a bit to make sure the pillar is now between him and this mercenary. When the guy goes back into the archive I will move myself to be on a part of this pillar that puts it between me and both threats as best as possible. I speak into our teams com, "Guys, eyes on Hethan. She is looking pretty beat up, get over here now. I'm going to hit with surprise. This place is about to get loud."

Rolling cool for initiative because I pegged these guys before they've seen me. I'm prepared to attack, if we aren't quite in turn based I want to attack with surprise now. Let me know if I'm reading that wrong from the PHB. Also not sure if setback would go on initiative. If you would rather I roll Vigilance just take away the last green die result.
Last edited November 4, 2015 4:23 pm

Rolls

Cool (Presence)

4 Success

Total: 4 Success

Surprise Heavy Blaster Shot

3 Success, 4 Advantage, 2 Failure, 1 Threat

Nov 4, 2015 5:08 pm
"More then one threat, Csillag we need Romund on you. Moving." Heyop stated over comms.

This is a dumb idea...

Sprinting forward Heyop moved into the room past Dagger and his pillar, his hand moved to his holster pulling and shooting from the hip before diving behind the next pillar.

"Romund. Stairs Down Now!" he barked. He didn't catch if she was chained down but with two guys shooting at him the guard probably would be hard pressed to focus on her hopefully. And who was the other guy talking about skinning people?

(OoC: Moving to the pillar West of Dagger's Quick Drawing my Blaster Pistol also and attempting to put a hole in Romund's Guard restrains and telling her to pound feet)

Edit: Modified due to Dagger T.T I'm glad he's on our side
Last edited November 4, 2015 5:48 pm

Rolls

Init Roll (Pre 3 Cool Rank 1)

4 Success, 2 Advantage

Total: 4 Success, 2 Advantage

Ranged - Light (Agi 3 Rank 1 + Quick Strike R1)

2 Success, 5 Advantage, 1 Failure

Total: 1 Success, 5 Advantage

Nov 5, 2015 12:12 am
"Can you tell what is happening, Kaveri?" Csillag asks as she stays close behind.
Nov 5, 2015 1:22 am
(OoC: "Stairs! Why'd it have to be stairs?!")

Kaveri rushes up the stairs on the left (hoping for a chance of flanking an opponent, not knowing that Malefax is actually on the left), as she replies to Csillag: "They found Hethan - and some bad guys - upstairs!"

IF Kaveri sees a hostile this turn, she will take a bead and fire; otherwise she'll try to spot hostiles from the top of the stairs.

OOC: GM: I'm flipping a destiny token to upgrade difficulty. The range is 'short' so only one die is rolled. End result, 1 success, 1 triumph, 1 despair. Whoa.
Last edited November 5, 2015 1:27 am

Rolls

Initiative/Vigilance

3 Success, 1 Advantage

Heavy blaster rifle shot

2 Success, 1 Advantage, 1 Triumph, 1 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 1 Triumph

Difficulty upgrade

1 Failure, 1 Despair

Total: 1 Failure, 1 Despair

Nov 5, 2015 3:02 am
(Csillag - can I get an initiative roll out of you? Malefax will take some time to take care of, assuming you can, and we should assume that we'll be in tactical time as I resolve these items).
Nov 5, 2015 3:19 am
Let's get up there! I need to get to Hethan!

Rolls

Initiative

2 Success

Nov 5, 2015 6:05 am
Dagger's blaster fires and hits the mercenary squarely in the back. He slumps forward and bounces off of the pillar falling to Hethan's side, clearly dead. Heyop dashes in behind another pillar and gets a clean shot off -- releasing Hethan's manacled hands from a chain above her in a spray of rubble. Hethan, somewhat in shock stares uneasily at them as she rubs her wrists.

Malefax -- having heard the fire, radiating heat, and yelling, "If you've shot my prisoner, I will personally skin you alive an inch at a time -- and I'll make you eat every inch I remove from your useless body!" He takes several strides outside the doorway between the rows of pillars and looks a little stunned, seeing the mercenary dead and Hethan freed. "What? You! I knew you were keeping secrets from me!" He raises his sword menacingly at the stunned mentor...

Kaveri lines up a difficult shot -- between the wall and the outer pillar at the red form beyond. The shot hits Malefax… hard. It lifts him up and pushes him through the left-most pillar of the inner set -- sending bits of aged and well damaged masonry flying in a cloud of dust and stone. Malefax’s sword clatters to the ground and he hits the ground and skids into the channel of water with a splash. With a quiet, "beep", Kaveri’s blaster rifle helpfully reminds her that she is out of ammunition and it’s time for a replacement ammo pack.

Csillag hauls up the stairs after Kaveri and reaches the top just after Kaveri’s shot hits Malefax.

OOC: We’re now in Tactical Time. Order is player, player, player, player, NPCs. Whatcha do?

Key Ranges:

Csillag Hethan (Medium)
Dagger Hethan (Short)
Heyop Hethan (Short)
Kaveri Hethan (Medium)
Csillag Malefax (Medium)
Dagger Malefax (Medium)
Heyop Malefax (Medium)
Kaveri Malefax (Medium)
Nov 5, 2015 12:11 pm
Dagger uses his movement to put the pillar between him and Malefax to gain some cover, he then leans around it and fires another shot off at the villain. "Hethan! Run! Get to the stairs!", I shout as another blaster shot rings out.

Popping a light side point to upgrade one of my shooting dice. Firing at Malefax after I make sure I still have cover between me and Malefax.

GM: He has the benefit of cover and is prone, so adding 2 setback dice. Additionally, I'm flipping a point back to upgrade difficulty.

1d2
( 1 ) = 1 - replacing the first difficulty die (I used the Die Roller in tools).

End result: 2 success 2 threat.
Last edited November 5, 2015 12:12 pm

Rolls

Blaster Pistol

3 Success, 1 Advantage, 2 Threat

Total: 3 Success, 1 Threat

Upgrade and setback

1 Failure, 2 Threat

Nov 5, 2015 1:52 pm
Heyop whistled with the sudden burst of blaster rounds flew past him slamming into someone sending them flying from the impact.

Glad she's on our side could have used a good sniper at... he started to muse shaking his head hearing the clattering of a sword.

Heyop couldn't hear Romund moving she was still alive but her senses seems off since she wasn't reacting.

Here's to acting stupid... Heyop thought with a sigh moving out from cover.

Sprinting past Dagger he dropped the blaster in his hand next to Dagger midstride. Getting closer to Malefax low to the ground Heyop's mouth gapped open as his face contorted snatching up the dropped sword and attempted to rush Malefax to bury it in the captor roaring as he made a diving thrust.

(OoC: Dropping blaster by Dagger as an incidental, Closing the distance for the maneuver, I'd use Quick Draw to snatch up the fallen sword, if not let me know and I'll modify it. I'd also like to pop a light side point to upgrade my skill in Melee.)

Edit: T_T 1 Advantage to heal strain; 1 advantage to give next pc a boost dice; 1 advantage on noticing a single important point around me.

GM Edit: Malefax is prone, providing a boost to Melee. However the sword Heyop grabs is a sith sword and the very act of holding it creates distraction and conflict for the light side user. Adding 2 setback dice. wow. that's a complex way to have a no-op.
Last edited November 5, 2015 2:56 pm

Rolls

Heyop Hack! Melee Check + Quick Strike R1 (Bra 3 Rank 1*)

2 Success, 3 Advantage, 2 Failure

Total: 3 Advantage

Boost for prone, setback dice for holding onto a sith sword.

Nov 6, 2015 2:12 am
Seeing Hethan has been freed Csillag will run to her as fast as she can. Pulling the extra blaster from her robe she hands it to Hethan. "This may come in handy. Are you hurt?"
Nov 6, 2015 3:06 am
Kaveri looks at her rifle, stunned. *Why didn't I remember to bring a reload?*

The rifle is useless without a charged power pack, so Kaveri runs forward to take cover behind one of the pillars (stealth). She'd also like to look if a fallen mercenary has a power pack she can scavenge (Perception).

(OoC: I don't know if that takes two rounds or one, but I'll do the rolls here. I'm assuming average difficulty for both.)

Rolls

Stealth

4 Success, 2 Advantage, 2 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 1 Advantage

Perception

4 Success, 1 Threat

Total: 4 Success, 1 Threat

Nov 6, 2015 3:41 am
Dagger’s shot clips the dark side user as he thrashes about in the running water. As he shoots -- the roof of the temple shifts slightly, accommodating a slight change in its structural support and showers bits of dust around. Some gets into Dagger’s eyes causing him to blink in irritation. Dagger suffers a setback die on his next action.

Heyop pushes through the settling dust, leaving his blaster behind with Dagger and snatches up the sword Malefax was wielding and almost instantly regrets doing so. The sword, an ancient sith artefact, radiates fear and hate, distracting Heyop as he attempts to plunge it into the prone Malefax. Distracted by the dark side of the Force, Heyop’s thrust misses. Heyop takes 2 strain.

Csillag runs across the hall, casually leaping over the channel of water and settles next to Hethan who blinks in surprise at seeing her former student. She gingerly cradles the blaster pistol handed to her by Csillag, saying, "I’m not sure I know how to shoot one of these things. I’m an academic, after all." Her tone is oddly calm -- she appears to still be in some form of shock.

Kaveri moves to a pillar and eyes the fallen mercenary next to Hethan and Csillag. His blaster pistol lies near him on the ground.

Malefax stands from the channel, injects himself with something and spreads his hands before Heyop. Heyop is gently pushed backwards, towards his friends and is dropped unceremoniously into the channel. "You disgusting weaklings. How dare you raise my weapon against me. I will kill you all." Heyop is wet, but otherwise unharmed.

OOC: GM flips a darkside destiny point to enable Malefax to use the Light side of the Force.

Range check:

Dagger Malefax (medium), Dagger Hethan (short)
Csillag Malefax (short), Csillag Hethan (engaged)
Kaveri Malefax (medium (just)), Kaveri Hethan (short) -- and to the dead mercenary too
Heyop Malefax (short, wet), Heyop Hethan (short)

Rolls

2 White Force Points, 1 Black Force Point

Nov 6, 2015 4:43 am
Kaveri sneaks to get the blaster pistol and swap the power packs to her blaster rifle. She doesn't dare say anything, but she wills Csillag and Hethan to get out of there!

Rolls

Stealth to swap ammo packs

4 Success, 1 Advantage, 3 Threat

Total: 4 Success, 2 Threat

Nov 6, 2015 5:36 am
Dagger does his best to rub away the dust from his eyes as he aims another shot at the now standing figure and fires off another shot.

OOC: Flippin' another light side point, boss. Upgrading a green to a yellow.

Post Roll Edit: Oh...geez. I don't...even...what? I'm going to have to check this out in the PHB to see what I can buy.

Spending Edit (7 adv):
2 adv - Give Malefax a setback on his next check
1 adv - Give the next person to go a boost on their check.
2 adv - Give Heyop a boost on his next check. I think if he goes next, he will get two boost.
2 adv - Free maneuver, I'll take the aim maneuver to ready for the next round

I feel like all of that means I missed, but I'm laying down amazing cover fire.
Last edited November 6, 2015 6:06 am

Rolls

Blaster against Malefax (upgrade, aim, and setback) (range medium)

1 Success, 8 Advantage, 1 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 7 Advantage

Nov 6, 2015 2:33 pm
(OoC: Since no one used my boost die and I didn't get the incite of one important factor could I switch it to a setback dice on him?)

Heyop breath was ragged, the blade was odd in his hands. "You talk too much." Heyop retorted back rushing him again and swinging into the man with his own blade.

(OoC: Closing the distance to Engaged and trying again. I'll take all the help I can get.)

Edit: >.< I guess I'm taking a wound, using two advantage to heal the two strain (Ongoing I take it) and give the next person a boost die.
Last edited November 6, 2015 2:35 pm

Rolls

Melee Attack (Brawn 3, Rank 0, 2 setback dice, 2 boost die)

2 Success, 4 Advantage, 3 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Failure, 3 Advantage

Nov 6, 2015 4:40 pm
"I'm not sure you're safe to move in your state, Hethan, but we can't stay here for long." Csillag says as she tries to take in all that is going on around here.

"Do you think you can get to the entrance over there?" she asks as she motions towards the stairs where she ran in from.

OOC: Are they any noticeable wounds? Is there a way for Csillag to 'treat' shock?
Nov 7, 2015 12:55 am
Kaveri reaches the dead mercenary, screening Hethan and Csillag from Malefax. Quickly she ejects the ammo pack out of her rifle and swaps it for the pack that was powering the mercenary’s blaster pistol. It slides in cleanly with a satisfying ‘snik’ and Kaveri is locked and loaded, once more.

Dagger, distracted by the dust and the darting people starts firing of shot after shot from his blaster pistol, filling the temple with the sounds of blaster fire and bursts of stone as the bolts hit walls, rubble and pillars. Although a passable impression of a B1 battle droid from the Clone Wars, it nonetheless requires Malefax to focus on the incoming fire to ensure that he doesn’t wind up picking up another hit.

Wet and a little out of sorts, Heyop steps out of the canal, and charges in at Malefax with the sith sword, as its cold, dark hatred works against his senses. Malefax ducks and weaves Dagger’s blaster fire and adds to his choreography an impressive lean backwards as Heyop’s swing passed well above the dodging darksider.

Hethan responds to Csillag and grabs her arm as the two begin to creep outwards towards the stairs, but Hethan suggests, "Shouldn’t we get behind Dagger and all that blaster fire?" She weaves with Csillag over to the eastern side of the assembly hall and towards the corridor that Dagger and Heyop entered from, putting Dagger and his pillar behind them. "Wait, there’s another…" she starts.

Malefax springs upright after dodging Heyop’s swing and laughs mockingly. "You incompetent fool!" He sneers as his blaster pistol comes into his hand, "I will gun you down, take the sword and then end the lives of your petty little friends." He fires and at this range, it’s difficult for him to miss. His shot hits Heyop squarely who flinches with the sword -- it comes close enough to Malefax that he has to move quickly to stay out of the way. Heyop takes 7 damage (minus 4 soak means 3 wounds). Malefax suffers a setback die on his next action.

Urik wakes up with bits of rubble falling onto his face. He is located behind the dias at the northern-most part of the assembly hall. The first thing he notices is lots of noise and chaos -- and several blaster bolts flight around hitting things. He remains bound at his hands and feet, and fairly well battered from his most recent… lessons.

OOC: Ranges are basically the same -- Csillag and Hethan have moved further from Malefax and Heyop (medium), while everyone else is short to everyone else.

Csillag -- there’s nothing in particular to roll to help with the shock at this time -- roleplaying through it is sufficient.

Note - because Malefax is engaged with Heyop (range wise) ranged attacks against Malefax upgrade their difficulty one die (e.g. 1 red instead of 1 purple).

Rolls

Malefax uses a blaster pistol on Heyop

3 Success, 1 Advantage, 2 Failure, 3 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 2 Threat

Nov 7, 2015 6:55 pm
Kaveri takes careful aim at Malefax and shoots him.

(OoC: help me out with the damage: is it light or heavy now?
Last edited November 7, 2015 7:07 pm

Rolls

Firing heavy blaster with aim

6 Success, 1 Advantage, 2 Threat

Total: 6 Success, 1 Threat

Nov 7, 2015 7:28 pm
Kaveri looks down the barrel of her blaster rifle and takes her time, letting Malefax and Heyop weave back and forth -- and her spot opens! Squeezing the trigger, several bolts fire out of her rifle and hit Malefax in rapid succession. Peppered by the onslaught the Devaronian staggers back one step, two steps, three.. then four. His pistol clatters to the ground as he falls backward and lies still upon the ground. Kaveri takes 1 strain due to the intense concentration to land those shots.
Nov 7, 2015 8:21 pm
Dagger will glance around for another target to fire at. If I see no more guards I'll just pick up and holster Heyops blaster to hang on to it till he comes back.
Nov 7, 2015 8:57 pm
With Malefax down again Heyop would dart forward switching the blade in his off hand and picking up the blaster in his dominant hand. Standing upright with the blaster pointed at the man Heyop aims at point blank range waiting for him to kickup an attempt at escaping.

"Target...Down..." he stated trying to keep focus what was he so tired? "Everyone status? Romund you ready to teach a lesson? So uh... it's okay if we kill these guys right? Otherwise... whoops. Anyone remember how we contact the Gatekeeper? He's going to be a little irked I guess by the blaster fire." he barked over his shoulder... it didn't look to him like he was holding a heavy blaster but it felt like it.

(OoC: At 1/2 some wounds since I have soak but still feeling it so RP'ing the adrenaline is wearing off. Actually asking Romund point blank if we're suppose to kill these guys. If Malefax moves I squeeze the trigger, new person we probably don't realize yet moved I point the sword at him...)
Last edited November 7, 2015 9:00 pm
Nov 7, 2015 11:29 pm
"Hethan is in shock, Heyop, let's give her a little time before we start questioning her."

Standing and surveying the scene Csillag asks "Is that Malefax? Is he dead?"
Nov 8, 2015 12:36 am
Heyop stands over Malefax guardedly, but it seems obvious he's not pining (or biding his time), but passed on. Romund sits down against a pillar next to Dagger and looks at each of you in turn. "My friends -- I am so happy to see you. Is he... gone?" Her face darkens a moment, "Wait -- there was another. Someone Malefax referred to as his apprentice. I'm not sure where he got placed -- at some point he was bound by Malefax and beaten senseless." She pauses, "Honestly I'm not sure he's really an apprentice."
Nov 8, 2015 12:58 am
I move over to the archive to see if anyone else is in there. Perhaps this apprentice. "What did he look like?", I ask as I head over to the archive room.
Nov 8, 2015 1:33 am
"He can be dead if he needs to be...Dagger be mindful now even your luck can run out. He was flailing on something in there it sounded like earlier. Kaveri cover him if you can." Heyop states moving closer to the fallen Malefax. With the blaster against the Malefax's face he searched the man not taking his eyes off of him in a cursory manner, if he was totally out he'd pat him down for a hidden gun or blade plus items and take a bit of cloth from his clothes to bind his arms behind his back and his eyes. If he had time he'd tie up his feet suspended behind him at an angle connect to his hands.

(OoC: Blaster in his face and searching him so I can safely restrain him. Dagger's moving on so I want to make sure someone doesn't shot of stab me in the back named Malefax.)
Nov 8, 2015 3:10 am
Heyop uncovers an unused stimpack, but otherwise finds nothing of interest on the Devaronian who, despite the chill in the air, isn't wearing a shirt. On closer inspection, Heyop realizes that Malefax is still breathing -- so he's quite clearly unconscious, but not dead. Fear and anger continue to pulse through the sword that he holds, and it's pressing and pressing at his mind. This being is dangerous. I should just kill him and be done with it. Surely the galaxy... and Hethan would be safer without him.

Hethan calls after Dagger and says, "I don't know -- a youngish looking human boy. He was wearing the robes that you all seem to favor to keep you out of sight and out of mind, so I didn't get a good look at his face."
Nov 8, 2015 3:44 am
If Dagger finds nothing of interest, such as a you boy as described, in the Archive he will walk back out to Heyop. "Is he dead?", he asks, more than sure the answer will be 'no'. Few could take a blaster beating like that and live.
Nov 8, 2015 4:03 am
After a quick glance confirms that Csillag is with Hethan, Kaveri follows Dagger into the archive.
Nov 8, 2015 4:44 am
Dagger and Kaveri wander into the archives, but mostly see pandemonium and damaged records and devices. A cursory check of the archives doesn't reveal anything of note. There's enough debris and scattered items around that a more thorough review will be required to see if anything interesting has survived the neglect and Malefax's temper. There certainly isn't a sign of a bound human present. It's hard to tell what Malefax was doing in here since the amount of chaos seems pretty total.
Nov 8, 2015 6:10 am
Urik awakes bound hand and foot in a dark hole to the sound of blaster fire and shouting. After a few moments...

It sounds like the fighting is over. Do I hear voices? That's not Malefax talking...who else is here? What's going on?

Urik takes a deep calming breath and assesses his surroundings.

OOC: I'd like to assess the hiding place I am in; is there light? What can I see? Can I find an entrance/exit? Also, what are my bonds like? Are they metal binders, or just rope?
Nov 8, 2015 2:06 pm
Walking back to Heyop, I see him binding the sith. "Is he dead? Why are you binding a dead person, Heyop?", I ask, sounding worried both for Heyop and for what that sword may have done to him. I draw my vibroknife. "Is he dead, Heyop?"
Nov 8, 2015 2:12 pm
Kaveri, confident that no one could have survived being shot so many times, follows Dagger out but crosses to the altar at the north end to check it out on her way to the room on the other side.
Nov 8, 2015 2:49 pm
"Oh he's not dead... Yet." Heyop finally explained after looking at the hogtied and blindfolded combatant. "That sword messes with you mind..." he added sliding it on the ground away from Malefax.

"If he moves again feel free to shot him... That sword... Be mindful of it. I'm going to check on Romund. Heyop stated holstering the fallen Jedi's blaster.

Checking his side Heyop felt it now hot, warm, sticky, burning... Yep he'd been shot. He sucked his teeth to check on his mentor.

"I told you daily exercise helps you in everything you do...How are you feeling. We got help from one called the Gatekeeper do you know of him and you mentioned this guy had an apprentice?" he started with a jest handing Csillag the injector. Once he knew Romund was was okay and more of another threat he'd focus on the matter of the apprentice... "Also, that sword is... Malice." he added standing his face dark as he swallowed trying to describe the queasy confusion of feelings from holding the blade... Was that why they were that way? Their weapons drove them insane?
Nov 8, 2015 3:21 pm
Urik awakens to find himself in the temple's assembly hall. He can hear people talking, and through the muddled haze hears things like "Is he dead?" and "Oh he's not dead... yet." Looking around it looks as if Malefax dumped him on the other side of some sort of altar or plinth towards the back of the hall...

https://s3.amazonaws.com/forceanddestiny/urik-1.jpg

...then the head of a Togruta female pops around the heavy stone base and sees Urik, blinking furiously. This is, of course, Kaveri who has swung by on her way to check out the other archive room that she spots across the hall. Kaveri, for her part spots a disheveled looking human male -- perhaps not quite fully adult, it's sometimes hard to tell with humans -- bound by hand and foot.

Hethan nods to Heyop, "I'm feeling much better now, thank you. Despite all his threats Malefax didn't cause me serious harm -- it was..." she considers, "It's hard to explain. I felt the fear very intensely, so that even his lightest touch was somewhat scarring. Much more so than the physical weight behind the blows." Nonetheless, Hethan does sport a few fantastic bruises. "I'm so glad you all got my signal -- I was worried that I hadn't been fast enough. I barely had time."
Nov 8, 2015 3:30 pm
Heyop nods with the understanding.

Using the power of the Force to influence people's emotions can cause mental strain on them when you didn't want to do that much in the way of physical damage... If worse comes to worse I guess even I could use that...but I wonder if it would be more civil... or less... Heyop mused to himself before following up on this so called apprentice.

They also needed to find the Gatekeeper. Either to get chewed out for messing up his temple that was in ruins already in their defense or to let him know the corruption had stopped.
Last edited November 8, 2015 3:31 pm

Rolls

Perception: Scanning the area for Malefax Jr. (Cun 2 Rank 1)

2 Success

Nov 8, 2015 3:56 pm
I take out Heyops blaster as I cross over to where he and Hethan are. I hold his blaster out for him. "How is she?"
Nov 8, 2015 4:43 pm
Urik looks up at this new togrutan face, "Who are you? Where is Malefax?"

Urik is a tall, sandy haired human male of about 14 years. He wears voluminous robes that hang awkwardly on what is probably a lanky frame. His face is a mosaic of pain; old scars mingle with fresh cuts and bruises over a weary, haunted expression. His lower lip is split open in a way that will likely leave a permanent cleft.

"I heard shooting. What is happening?"
Nov 9, 2015 2:18 am
Kaveri will call out to the others: "There's another captive here!" and then will go about untying Urik's bonds. "Don't worry; we shot Malefax. We're here to rescue you and Hethan."
Nov 9, 2015 3:07 am
Rolling for GM known reason.
Last edited November 9, 2015 3:09 am

Rolls

GM Knows

3 Success, 6 Advantage, 4 Failure

Total: 1 Failure, 6 Advantage

Couldn't fit all the dice.

Nov 9, 2015 3:20 am
Urik stares at Kevari intently as she (he?) removes his bindings.

"So...Hethan was telling the truth...I thought she was just trying to save her own skin."

Urik's eyes suddenly widen, and his voice goes husky, "Wait, you shot Malefax!? Is he...?" His hands are shaking.
Nov 9, 2015 1:06 pm
"She'll live... like the rest of us she's not at her best but at least it's not the our worst." Heyop stating in passing accepting the pistol in hand. Heyop couldn't figure out how to call the Gatekeeper but word of an apprentice and captive made him wonder which it was. Moving between Romund and the found captive as he moved about casually he asked a serious question while still in hearing distance of Romund. "Was he a captive before and still Romund... or is he our ally now out of convenience so he doesn't end up like Malefax?"

He couldn't be the gatekeeper... he knew too much of this place... Heyop thought trying to sort out the facts.

Heyop waited on guard for either sounds of a struggle or seeing Kaveri with someone else in tow.
Nov 9, 2015 5:35 pm
Hethan shrugs at Heyop, and says softly for his and Csillag's ears only, "Malefax called him his apprentice. But it didn't seem to be going well." Kaveri easily manages to remove Urik's bonds -- they were fairly secure, but nothing someone with a bit of time and patience can't handle.

falryx sent a note to szemely,Remnant
OOC: I've got a couple notes in here (for the first time ever) so apologies if they don't work.
Nov 9, 2015 5:50 pm
Heyop blinks, the apprentice and his actions could go either way then. Everyone had a choice even when they said there wasn't. Being freed from a vile master didn't mean the apprentice would turn over a new leaf. Heyop realized things out the corner of his eye but didn't give it much thought. It was nothing he'd loose sleep over just another body to clear out when they were done... they could have maybe tried to get intelligence out of him... but an enemy conscious and talking was still dangerous... especially if they with like that man. Maybe this just made things easier.

"You wouldn't by chance know where the Gatekeeper of this temple is would you Rommund? He did help us a bit in getting to you... well he just wanted the dark angry sod out of his home..." Heyop asked out loud wondering if the apprentice picked up on it.

Remnant sent a note to falryx
Nov 9, 2015 5:54 pm
At Heyop's call, the gatekeeper manifests himself in the Assembly Hall with you. "Hello again. Congratulations on removing the threat of Malefax from my temple. I thought it best not to intrude as you sorted out the events with your mentor, but since you asked for me, here I am." He gestures to Hethan. "The other mercenary, by the way, has left the temple and appears to be running down the mountain. I surmise that with his employer defeated he decided that discretion was the better part of valor."

falryx sent a note to szemely,Remnant
Nov 9, 2015 6:16 pm
Heyop jerks as someone pops up next to him pointing drawing the other blaster in a fluid motion before he finds himself point two blasters at the Gatekeeper's head.

"You gotta STOP doing that!" Heyop retorted fingers moving off the triggers as he holsters a blaster.

"We did try to not harm the locals... some kinda harmed themselves..." Heyop admitted in a lower conversational tone, "Looks like he didn't find the holowhatsit..." he eyes the Gatekeeper and shrugs not really sure if that's good or bad.
Nov 9, 2015 6:32 pm
The gatekeeper shrugs, "You cannot harm me with those." He pauses to consider, "And as a student of the Force you should perhaps approach life with a little more equanimity. Truly a Jedi finds unexpected turns of events everywhere in this universe. You can't shoot them all."

Hethan looks, confusedly, at Heyop. "Are you ok? Who are you talking to?"
Nov 9, 2015 6:35 pm
"Malefax is dead, we have done as you asked. Why else have you summoned yourself here? What more do you require of us?", Dagger questions. Looking a little more suspicious as Hethan doesn't seem to see the Gatekeeper
Nov 9, 2015 6:37 pm
The gatekeeper continues. "There is a residual corruption of the dark side over the temple and the valley. I humbly request the your aid." He specifically notes Heyop, Csillag and Kaveri, "You three can assist me with a ritual to cleanse the taint of the dark side." At Dagger and Urik he says, "You two would benefit, I think, from significant meditation on your actions over the past day or two. There is a specific place where this time would be spent most fruitfully -- and hopefully to the greatest benefit."
Nov 9, 2015 6:39 pm
Heyop felt the cold sweat drip down his back, he felt that feeling when you realize something wasn't right.

"Sorry sorry guess it was a bad joke... but if you're concerned about other people I guess you're actually doing better..." Heyop suddenly said spinning the blaster on his finger with a shrug as he scratched his face.

With his mouth covered he felt odd asking... he kind of didn't want to know. "Ar... are... are you a ghost?" he asked the creepy figure next to him behind his hand quietly.
Nov 9, 2015 6:48 pm
The gatekeeper smiles, "Ha! I suppose I am after a fashion. That's actually rather amusing." He smiles, and adds, "Holocrons are imprinted with the personalities of Jedi to provide an interface to access and understand their knowledge. I am the personality that is hosted by one of the holocrons of this temple."

Hethan continues to watch Heyop -- and now Dagger -- talk to themselves. "Are you all quite alright? Is there something happening to you? Did you say a ghost?"
Nov 9, 2015 6:50 pm
"Why can she not see you?", Dagger asks bluntly, ignoring the Gatekeepers comment on his actions. Dagger draws his blaster again and holds it at his side. He knows the Gatekeeper said they would be of no use, but he needs to feeling protected in his own mind.
Nov 9, 2015 7:12 pm
Heyop chuckled in the silence it was out of character for him and it became a bit creepy as he laughed a bit.

"Out of curiosity Romund if a Jedi was imprinted in a holocron is that a Ghost? There's a guy that's been helping us standing next to me but in all honestly if it's a ghost we should probably get the #@%@ out of here... can't shoot or stab a Ghost... Don't trust it, no offense man but that's creepy." he finally stated with seriousness in his voice even though it sounded a bit silly.
Nov 9, 2015 7:31 pm
The gatekeeper nods to Hethan, "Those who cannot use the Force, cannot interface with holocrons any more than you can plug into a computer terminal like a droid. Your mentor is learned and a good person, but if she cannot see me, she is not Force sensitive."

Hethan's eyes light up. "Did you say holocron? That's lovely!" She claps her hands together. "What does it look like? What's it saying? Does it know about the temple. What's its name? Oh.. I have so many questions."
Nov 9, 2015 8:48 pm
Heyop frowned a bit, it was odd considering that bit of knowledge about his mentor. She knew so much but they were fortunate in a way she wasn't.

"Seriously though is he a ghost? He wants us to do some cleansing ritual I think... Is that going to bring him back from the dead?" He started to ask his mentor before looking at the Gatekeeper, "You're not going to try and do some old school dark mumbo jumbo and kill us and come back to life right?" he accused

"No offense but this is all kind of convenient in a way man..." he says with a sigh pressing the bring of his nose with his thumb and index finger shutting his eyes for a second. "He says something of a cleansing ritual because of what Malefax did to the temple and the locals... the animals were turned on each other lost in a madness also to wipe it clean... I guess he looks like an old guy... He's helped us out since it was in his interest to be honest I don't really know if he's setting us up or not though. He also stated you can't weild the Force Hethan... he did say you were knowledgeable and a good person though... so I know he speaks some truths..." his voice trailed off... he really wanted a drink now...
Nov 10, 2015 12:38 am
"What does the cleansing involve?" Kaveri asks, leading Urik closer. "And does it involve THAT one?" She nods towards the bound form of Malefax, who is somehow horribly still alive.
Last edited November 10, 2015 12:38 am
Nov 10, 2015 1:40 am
Urik follows mutely behind Kaveri, fascinated by the Gatekeeper and all these new people so strong in the force. The only other force user he's ever known was Malefax...Malefax! Lying there bound, but breathing...

Friar_Tuk sent a note to falryx
Nov 10, 2015 2:30 am
Hethan nods at Heyop. "Well, it's true. I'm no Force user -- and you all know that. What I have done is study the Jedi in some depth, however, and I understand enough of their truths to have helped each of you in some small way on the path. Though," she looks thoughtful, "perhaps not always with great success. I'm not sure the Jedi would have such an unruly group as you as their.. um, apprentices." She looks, "So where is he? Can I ask him some questions -- perhaps one of you can ask them for me. Can he hear me?" She nods at Kaveri. "Quite right. What is the ritual? Can I watch?"

The Gatekeeper smiles serenely at Heyop, "No -- I cannot come back to life. I'm a highly advanced programmed personality. Not some vestage of a soul. To my knowledge no Jedi has that power. And I can assure you, I have no interest in dark side rituals. My objective is to return the temple and the valley to its proper state." To Kaveri he adds, "The ritual is simple -- it's a form of guided meditation. It will take a few hours and it will be tiring, but if successful, we can remove the taint of the dark side across the valley. As to Malefax," he gestures, "my sensors aren't in pristine shape, but they quite clearly indicate he's most assuredly dead already. Isn't that right, young one?" He looks at Dagger with this last comment.

falryx sent a note to Friar_Tuk
Nov 10, 2015 2:41 am
Dagger grips his blaster a little tighter but tries not to let this sudden accusation jar him. "I made sure of it. He was the source of this taint. He was a blight upon this temple and a threat to all of us. I will not gamble with safety. The threat has been eliminated", Dagger says, with an unflinching coldness. "Or would we rather have a picnic with a murderous maniac who would flay women and children?"
Nov 10, 2015 2:52 am
PhantomNimbus says:
"Or would we rather have a picnic with a murderous maniac who would flay women and children?"
Urik has been slowly circling the group, watching and feeling the dynamics. His eyes flash to Malefax when the Gatekeeper pronounces him dead. At these words from Dagger, Urik lets forth an animalistic howl full of pain and rage.

He charges forward and begins stomping and kicking at Malefax's inert form, a stream of incoherent cursing pours from his lips, tears stream down his face and his features are contorted into a mask of rage and hate.

He shows no signs of stopping, even as the bones of Malefax's face crunch under his heel.
Nov 10, 2015 2:54 am
"We can discuss dining with you after we handle this cleansing and get the hell out of here." Csillag responds to Dagger - still not sure what to make of what she witnessed.

For now Csillag will stay with Hethan offering to help her in any way that she can.

OOC: Missed the last post, just pretend this happened before Urik flipped.
Last edited November 10, 2015 2:55 am
Nov 10, 2015 2:56 am
Dagger tried not to let the emotion show but the tiniest of grins crosses his face as he sees the boy destroying the form of Malefax. He had felt the same rage when everyone he knew and loved were destroyed by order of Vader himself. He knew exactly how the boy felt in that moment. The familiarity to this boy almost made the grin into a wide smile, but he suppressed the feeling.
Nov 10, 2015 3:11 am
"No, no, no!" says Hethan loudly. "Stop that, immediately! And Dagger! We have discussed this. Have you forgotten the scrap of the Jedi code I've taught you? There is no emotion, there is peace. Everything I've researched says that you must learn to find your center -- you must face these challenges without wasting human life or," she looks at Urik, "having an inexcusable display on a corpse. Really!" She puts her hands on her hips and looks quite stern. "If you do not find a way to master yourself and conduct yourselves in a manner that's above reproach, then you'll just become a new Malefax. And where will I be then?" Her rebuke is real, and forceful.
Nov 10, 2015 3:39 am
Daggers expression turns quickly, not to that of someone who has been chastised, but to that of one who has had enough, Where will you be then? If not for us where would you be? It seems you don't truly have a connection to the force. Tell me again where it is you've picked up this second hand Jedi code?
Nov 10, 2015 3:39 am
Urik makes one last forceful stomp. There is a sickening crunch from Malefax's skull, now a bloody mess.

He faces Hethan, "I WILL NEVER BECOME A MONSTER LIKE THIS! NEVER!

Urik turns his back on the group and draws his deep hood over his head. Takes several deep breaths, and draws himself up to his full height. He is tall, over six feet, but his robes drape loosely over his wiry frame.

He turns, walks to Dagger, looks him directly in the eye, "You did the right thing. I only regret that my own hand could not do the deed. Malefax was a beast, worthy only to be put down." His features are composed, but deep emotions still swirl behind his eyes.

He breaks his stare and walks calmly to Malefax's sword, and picks it up.
Last edited November 10, 2015 3:52 am
Nov 10, 2015 4:07 am
Dagger looks back at the rest of the group who may have a mix of horrified or disappointed looks on their face and lets out a small chortle, "I like the kid. Can we keep him?" Probably met with even more horrified or disappointed looks Dagger will let out a sigh. "Fine. I killed Malefax. I don't get why you would actually care. You thought I had just done it earlier with my blaster, no one seemed to care for his life at all then. Heyop tried to hack him in half with his own sword! I just finished the job we were set out to do. You heard the kid, Malefax was a beast. A rabid animal that needed to be put down."
Nov 10, 2015 6:49 am
Kaveri is in no position to judge; she certainly tried to blast Malefax. But even though she's eager to help the Gatekeeper, she senses the boy's turmoil (in addition to seeing and hearing it), and goes over to speak to him. She does not touch him - touching is a mammalian thing and not welcome to many predators - but she stands respectfully close and says "I am pleased to have been able to help set you free. I am called Kaveri; these are my friends Csillag, Dagger, and Heyop. What may we call you?"
Nov 10, 2015 12:57 pm
Heyop sighs... No one seemed to be freaked out by what was possibly a Ghost... granted it was getting almost as rowdy as a infantry barrack before liberty and a lot of heated ideologies were exchanged.

Heyop let out a shrill whistle. "Yes Dagger he was an evil man, he did evil things. His sword urged him to do wicked things..." he began eyeing the boy. "Kid... Put the sword down now, I'm not going to ask you again and I know exactly what it's feeding you since I've held it. It'll take you to a dark place and want you to relish there in the very macabre thoughts. You have a chance to either follow in Malefax's footsteps or show that you can do more good than he could have down bad."

"I'm not going to preach words of judgement you should feel remorse Dagger, finding peace and being emotionless to me are two different things. This is the real world and ideology doesn't always marry up to actions we need to take. Personally I can kind of see her point. Malefax Dagger isn't who she's worried about as much as she worries for you, you're a lucky Sod but when it runs out it's not going to be pretty, the fact you basically killed someone regardless of his actions while he was defenseless seems something you want to justify. You did it because you felt it was needed. Malefax also justified all his actions though. She worries because that's a dangerous mindset at times, just like Malefax. Malefax is just one soldier in the war Dagger, his death mean this battle is won but what he knew could have saved others. Revenge only stays the dead in your mind for a moment afterwards you feel the weight of their lost potential... but then what? Their faces burned in your mind isn't the scariest thing even when it's in the hundreds... Malefax and his actions aren't the scariest thing... it's forget those we've lost and what they stood for... and forgetting yourself..." Heyop states his face dark looking at Dagger.

He had seen much death in combat over the years, sometimes they died from tactics, betrayal, bad intel, bad luck, the very fact they were at war. Heyop brought himself out of the dark musings and stared at the kid... if the kid went crazy they'd have to deal with that first.
Nov 10, 2015 2:34 pm
spaceseeker19 says:
"I am pleased to have been able to help set you free. I am called Kaveri; these are my friends Csillag, Dagger, and Heyop. What may we call you?"
When asked his name, the boy's face falls from its stern mask, exposing for a moment just how young he really is. His eyes dart from side to side and he stammers, "I...uh...I...U-Ur-Urik! Urik F-Forto! Yes. That's my name." He closes his eyes and takes a deep shuddering breath.

When Heyop begins his tirade, Urik's face goes hard again.
Quote:
"Kid... Put the sword down now, I'm not going to ask you again and I know exactly what it's feeding you since I've held it. It'll take you to a dark place and want you to relish there in the very macabre thoughts. You have a chance to either follow in Malefax's footsteps or show that you can do more good than he could have down bad."
Urik lets Heyop finish, then turns hard eyes on him and begins slowly walking toward Malefax's body again, "This sword...is stained with the blood of my family, and countless others who Malefax killed," Urik's voice is low, but full of an intensity that demands attention, "I will keep this sword, and wash it clean by bathing it in the blood of monsters like this."

Urik has reached Malefax's body. He delivers another solid kick to the inert form, then stoops and begins removing the sheath for the sword.

OOC: GM, what is the sword doing to me? Is there something I can do (or a check I can roll) to sort of take control of it or resist its influence?
Last edited November 10, 2015 2:46 pm
Nov 10, 2015 2:37 pm
Dagger listens to all of what Heyop says. An annoyed look plastered on his face. He opens his mouth, seeming to search for something to say, but instead just turns and walks over to the running water and sits on the side facing away from the rest of the group. He closes his eyes and begins to think on everything that transpired.
Nov 10, 2015 2:39 pm
Hethan nods, "There is a difference, Dagger, between someone who is an active threat and someone who is subdued. The active threat seeking to kill you? This is a different thing. Then when you act, you are acting to defend life. Your life, or someone else's. But to execute an unarmed, unconscious being is not justice or righteousness. Of course, I'm not sure I understand what we could have done with him as a captive -- but perhaps there's something he knew that could have helped us."

Hethan paces a bit, "I am grateful for my rescue, of course -- but I would prefer to be in Malefax's thrall than to see you turn into Malefax himself. Perhaps this temple will have more guidance for us -- I see archives, and though they may be sorely ruined I have hopes that there are things yet to learn in this place. We are in an out-of-the-way place in the Outer Rim, it seems like as good a place as any to tidy up and settle in while we learn."
Nov 10, 2015 2:46 pm
The gatekeeper speaks up once more, "As I mentioned, there is a place where these two," he points to Dagger and Urik, "should go and meditate. It will help them clear their thoughts. I suspect that residual taint of Malefax and the dark side are no doubt helping to stoke the fire of fear and anger. It would be wise to remove that taint." The previously stationary gatekeeper now paces, ironically mimicking Hethan's own movements, and occasionally flickers in-and-out of existence as he does so. Noticing, he apologizes, "I'm sorry -- not all of my emitters and sensors are in excellent working condition. Your mentor is correct -- insofar as she remembers a part of the Jedi code. Would you like to hear the code in its entirety?"

Urik's grip on the sword is uncertain -- and emotions of fear and loss begin to overwhelm him.

He adds to Urik, "I do not think, youngling, that the way to cleanse a weapon of the Sith is through more death -- Sith or otherwise. But.. my knowledge of these matters is uncertain." He gestures, "Instead -- calm your mind and search your feelings. Does it seem right that a weapon forged by beings who used oppression and callous disregard for life would be cleansed by the death of any other being or beings?"

OOC: It is possible for a light-side minded person to wield the sword without challenge, but they must be stronger in the Force than any in the party is today. Perhaps some research within the temple or otherwise will help you identify how to remove the taint from the weapon in due course.
Nov 10, 2015 2:54 pm
"Where is this place Gatekeeper? Meditation...sounds...correct. Right now."

Urik sheaths the sword, then lets the scabbard dangle by its strap, so he is no longer touching the actual weapon. He tries to keep a stoic face, but it's obvious that fatigue, shock, and other, deeper emotions are threatening to overwhelm him.

"I haven't spoken correctly. Forgive me. It's been...a very long time since I've spoken to anyone beside Malefax. And Hethan, but only briefly. You have my gratitude for setting me free." Urik sketches out an awkward bow.
Nov 10, 2015 2:59 pm
The gatekeeper smiles, "Excellent." He then faces south towards the entrance and points off to his right (west). "If you take the corridor just there -- follow it to its end, around a curve and past some stairs going down to the lower level. There are some living quarters there, by the way." He pauses, "You'll then go down a set of stairs into a room with a door, now open, underneath those stairs. Go through that door." There's a brief pause as he appears to think, "I believe I've managed to turn on the lighting -- it's a roughly hewn tunnel that will curve around itself and bring you to the meditation terrace. I also believe I've managed to open the door to the terrace so that you can proceed unhindered. If you run into trouble, just call to me -- I may be able to assist if there is someone who can see better than I can, there."

falryx sent a note to Friar_Tuk
Nov 10, 2015 3:04 pm
Dagger stands back up, and heads off in the direction the gatekeeper mentioned. C'mon kid. Looks like we're being sent to our room, he says loud enough for the line to be obvious to all as he walks off down the hallway, whether Urik is following or not.
Nov 10, 2015 3:07 pm
Urik's lip quirks up at the side...it's almost a smile, but his features seem unused to the expression. He follows Dagger.
Nov 10, 2015 7:09 pm
Kaveri tries to commit those directions to memory, so that they'll be able to find each other later. Then she turns back to the Holocron image: "So. What do we do? How do we start this cleansing ritual?"
Nov 10, 2015 7:17 pm
Hethan, still only hearing parts of the conversation decides to accompany Dagger and Urik to the meditation terrace. "I wonder what it will be like. I promise I won't disturb you, but I'd like to look around a little bit now that, you know, it seems safe to do so." Hethan, Dagger and Urik follow the directions provided. The tunnel carved into the mountain leading to the terrace is poorly lit, but outside of being a bit dusty, quite serviceable. A brief flight of stairs takes them back up to the same level as the assembly hall and through a door that opens noiselessly onto a terrace facing west-southwest down the slope of Mount Teloc and across the valley.

The view is, breathtaking. The natural beauty of Sprintir is on display, and without the threat hanging over Hethan or their own lives, it's much easier to see the scenery and enjoy it. By all accounts, the wall of the balcony is probably on the other side of the corridor you came down -- so it seems like the terrace has been intentionally separated from the bustle of the temple.

Hethan says, "Well isn't this lovely?"

OOC: I'll post a map/image of the balcony and path there later this evening, Eastern. Urik and Dagger -- please roll an easy (1 purple) discipline check if you do choose to meditate.

Back inside the temple, the gatekeeper says to Kaveri, "You may stand or sit as you like. This will be a form of guided meditation. I'll be asking each of you to be calm and center yourselves -- then draw upon the Force as we work through the cleansing. Depending on your collective ability this could take some time, or it could go relatively quickly -- I think experience will tell. Find a position of comfort and let me know when you are ready and we can proceed."
Nov 10, 2015 7:25 pm
Urik takes a long silent moment staring at the vista. He breaths the free air deeply. The sword hangs at his side, humming with malevolent energy.

Urik sits down cross-legged, with the blade across his knees, and begins to meditate. He is trying to work through the darkness of the past few years, and to do so with the sword in his possession. This blade is the last tangible connection he has to his family, and unless a very compelling reason surfaces, he has no intention of giving it up.

Rolls

Discipline roll (Will 3, 1 rank, 1 black for sword)

2 Success, 2 Advantage, 2 Threat

Nov 10, 2015 10:01 pm
Kaveri, still not trusting the Force more than her own eyes, looks around first, then sets her rifle down and sits next to it, crossing her ankles in a Togrutan analog of a lotus position.
She breathes deeply and slowly, centering herself as Hethan taught her.

"I'm ready."
Nov 10, 2015 10:05 pm
Heyop takes a knee in the area and controls his breath remembering the open areas of the refuge. His hands instinctively going to the position as if holding a longarm in his hands from a scouts position in the field, thoughts of still being on the job and sounds of the wild around him. As his breathing subsides pushing out the discussion from a few minutes ago he nods, "Good to go."
Nov 10, 2015 11:43 pm
Dagger watches Urik start to meditate. He rolls his eyes a bit at the whole thing. Urik's desire for the sword, Hethan's almost child like interest in the whole temple. He mutters under his breath, "Can't believe I got sent to my room." He reluctantly sits next to Urik and closes his eyes in quiet contemplation. No regret truly exists for what he did to Malefax. He would do it again if need be. His focus was more on the words Heyop said to him. So far he had seen him as a friend. He had few true ones. But Heyop talked to him almost like a parent or chastising older brother. He hadn't known any of his own family growing up so the talk made him feel....remorseful, if only for the negative opinion Heyop expressed towards him.

He hated that he wanted Heyop's approval. Maybe next time he should at least consult the group. Consult Heyop.

Rolls

Will for Meditation

3 Advantage, 2 Threat

Nov 11, 2015 2:49 pm
The gatekeeper gathers Csillag, Kaveri and Heyop and leads them through a guided meditiation, "First -- breathe deeply. Let go of your thoughts and rely instead on your feelings. When you are calm you can feel the Force, and sense the unbalance of it here in the temple and valley..." Guidance like this goes on for some time as the three realize that this may be the first time ever they've had the mentorship of a Jedi -- or at least an imprint of a Jedi -- to help them sense and use the Force. As each of them finds the serenity the gatekeeper guides them towards, it is easy for them to sense the taint on the temple and the valley. "Picture the temple and perceive the taint of the darkside. Draw upon the force -- as you would draw upon water to remove dirt. Wash the darkside away, gently but persistently." The gatekeeper looks at the three, "Be cautious in you furrowed brows, this is not a violent act -- pushing aside the taint with violence makes your task harder. Think of waves, perhaps of an ocean, lapping against the shore that is the dark side and pushing it away and away..."

Meanwhile at the meditation terrace, Urik settles easily into a meditative trance and can sense the dark side taint being pushed away. Some of that effort tugs at his own darker emotions, lifting his spirits somewhat. Urik recovers all strain. Dagger finds it somewhat harder to focus and concentrate, with the events recently past roiling around in his head and his concern about the approval of his friend. Hethan sees both of them trying to be lost in their thoughts and wanders quietly away to search the temple.

After some time, the gatekeeper smiles, "Yes, that's it -- you've cleansed much of this taint away. Perhaps, if necessary, gather up the rest of the taint, as you would a ball of twine that's come undone. Tie it together in your mind until it is tight then imagine it elongating and disappearing into a bright void..." The imagery is odd, and of varying degrees of help to the three Force users in the assembly hall -- but finally, almost like a flash of lightning they can sense that they have succeeded, and broadly within the valley, life is back to normal. "Excellent." says the gatekeeper.

Urik and Dagger sense the flash as well and the living Force that is so prevalent in the valley and that imbues this temple calms them and restores them, encouraging them in the ways of the light side of the Force, rather than those of the dark. Serenity, coolness under fire rather than rashness and hate or anger. The world just seems righter now than it was and Dagger, in particular is able to achieve some perspective that no -- he has not been sent to his room as punishment, but rather he's sent here for renewal and nourishment. Dagger recovers all strain.

With the ritual complete, the gatekeeper nodes to Csillag, Heyop and Kaveri. "You are, of course, welcome to stay here. This temple may yet house information that you would find valuable, and although it is in some disrepair, with a bit of work, I believe we could get the living quarters quite up to scratch. You needn't stay here permanently, but perhaps knowing that you have somewhere safe to return to after any future travels might be worth the time." He pauses to consider, "Yes. Even your rash and conflicted friends would find it good to be here awhile, I imagine."

Rolls

Secret Roll

Nov 11, 2015 2:54 pm
Kaveri feels cleansed and refreshed from this experience, and a little awed at what's just happened. The world - the universe! - is so much larger than she took it to be.
Nov 12, 2015 3:09 am
Slowly opening her eyes Csillag lets out a long slow breath as she rises to her feet. Looking about the temple she quietly remarks under her breath "It would make a nice safe house or home base if the need ever arises."
Nov 12, 2015 3:17 am
Feeling a sense of calm finally overcome his racing thoughts, and self-judgement, Dagger opens his eyes to the vista anew. He takes the blaster, which hasn't left his side, and was sitting in his lap while he meditated, and holsters it. He decides to wander off to the living quarters the Gatekeeper had mentioned. Leaving Urik to himself if he doesn't follow Dagger.
Nov 12, 2015 1:45 pm
With everything finally done Heyop stood rolling his neck... that was odd to him but it was a new reality to the way the world worked. "It would be nice to know if more people under or around Malefax would be coming here... if there was a mercenary who got away don't know if he'd say much about what happened here. Plus he had to report to some probably. But for now, lets figure out what we can do to fix this place up. We may not be of much help but lets see what we can do for living quarters for us and if you know what needed to be fixed on, in... for? you I guess... Do you have a name or you just want us to keep call you Gatekeeper?" he finally added. He'd leave to see what the others were up to and get started unless the Gatekeeper had a list of things already to do. They needed a game plan regardless of if they were staying here.
Nov 12, 2015 3:37 pm
Urik remains in a meditative position as he feels Hethan, then Dagger get up and leave. For now, he is alone with the view, and this new expanded awareness of the living force.

The last time he attempted to meditate in this way was when he was a young boy. Feeling this new expanded awareness, Urik wonders if his meditations may have brought Malefax to him and his family. This thought, which before would have sent him to near suicidal levels of self-loathing, now causes him some disquiet.

This is the first time in 5 years that Urik has been alone and free. Thoughts of avenging his family and killing Malefax have consumed him for most of those years. Now that the subject of his hate, fear and wrath is dead by another's hand, he feels somewhat at loose ends; both afraid and exhilarated by the physical, spiritual and practical expanses before him. He has no possessions beyond the clothes on his back and sword in his lap. He has no connections to family or friends. There is nothing to tether him to the world. He has gone from being an abused slave to having a freedom so complete and total that he cannot even comprehend it.

I must speak with the others. They have lives...they must have plans. They freed me, now perhaps they can help me find purpose.

(OOC: To the GM: The others are speculating and wondering about the bigger picture of Malefax's network and motives. Urik has been with him for the past 5 years and may have picked up on some interesting tidbits here and there. Feel free to use Urik's voice/actions as exposition if you need to. Or you can send me a summary of what Urik would know and I can RP the exposition.
Last edited November 12, 2015 3:43 pm
Nov 12, 2015 6:11 pm
With the taint of the dark side gone from the valley, the party begins the efforts required to tidy up the temple and make it a home, of sorts. Hethan is beside herself with glee as she plunders the archives for scraps of information here or there. The gatekeeper is a frequent companion to any who seek his advice or insight -- but his knowledge is oddly incomplete in various places. Regardless, each of you, at some point, play the role of interpreter between the gatekeeper and Hethan as she peppers him with questions about the temple, about the Jedi, and about the Force.

The gatekeeper does what he can to help each of you with a better awareness of the Force -- and ensures that the Jedi code is known to you in full:

There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.

As part of cleaning up, the party discovers that Malefax and his mercenaries left behind credit chips sufficient to provide some much-needed cash to the party. A total of 1500 credits is found, enabling each of the party to enrich themselves by 300 credits.

When someone appears bored -- or at wont for something to do, anyway, the gatekeeper is always to hand with a suggestion. Perhaps some of the sensors hooked into the network could be repaired in some of the more remote locations throughout Mount Tellec and the valley. Or perhaps some of the local creatures like the flitterbats or sloths could be calmed and enticed back into the region to accelerate the valley's recovery. Or perhaps just some mundane sweeping and keeping of the temple including replacing some burnt out circuitry or repairing some walls, etc.

OOC: Assume that for the next ~2 weeks game time, you have the ability to do some things. Rather than roleplaying two weeks, I'd rather you guys had some opportunity to narrate this pause, in things. This can include working on skills or whatnot that you may choose to improve with Experience Points.

To do: Each character should roll 1d10. Subtract from that number any conflict you may have been given by me (I would have done this through a note to you) and add the result to your Morality. Let me know if you have questions.

The following XP rewards are made:

Urik: 10 XP (this is at your discretion - I don't want you to fall too far behind the rest of the party, if you prefer to not take it you may opt not to do so).
Heyop: 10 XP
Dagger: 10 XP + 5 bonus XP for being a reckless/enthusiastic character who was very true to form.
Csillag: 10 XP
Kaveri: 10 XP

Kaveri - please also pick an emotional strength and emotional weakness (CRB Page #50).

Once you guys have had a chance to talk about what you're doing (and I'll give you some room to back-and-forth if you want) I'll lock the thread and open the next phase of the story in a new game thread.

Nov 12, 2015 6:38 pm
Despite his actions Dagger manages to not have much of a moral conflict. Unsure if this was because his actions still removed a good portion of taint in this place, or if he simple didn't feel the impact of his rash actions, Dagger works to help restore what systems he can for the Gatekeeper. Absorbing his advice and chastising equally.

He will also attempt to spend some time with Heyop sparring in hand to hand combat to try and increase his effective melee.

Only -1 Morality. Dagger DGAF. Spending my 15xp to increase me Melee skill.
Last edited November 12, 2015 7:24 pm

Rolls

Conflict vs 8 - (1d10)

(7) = 7

Nov 12, 2015 8:07 pm
Urik is mostly quiet in the first few days. He seems awkward and uncomfortable around people, and has difficulty making conversation. He listens to the Gatekeeper frequently, but asks few questions and keeps his thoughts to himself.

In general, his demeanor is reserved and stoic. He says little, but joins in any tasks he can assist with and works very hard at them. He doesn't smile at all. Jokes are met with a confused cock of the head, when they are acknowledged at all.

After a few days, he begins making awkward overtures to his new companions. His furtive questioning quickly makes clear that he has no idea what is going on in the Galaxy at large. He is vaguely aware of the Empire as a political group his parents were running from, but has few details on what has been happening in the past decades. He obviously went from a sheltered colonial community to the forced apprenticeship of Malefax. His world has been narrow and confined to specific places and people.

OOC: If anyone is willing to toss me some details that their character would relate to Urik, that would help me RP a bit going forward. Not sure what everyone's experiences were in the Galaxy, and Urik's experience is very limited and focused. In particular, Urik would be very interested in any details regarding the Jedi order, Order 66, the Rebellion, Darth Vader/The Emperor and any atrocities of the Empire your characters witnessed.

Rolls

Morality roll - (1d10)

(1) = 1

Nov 12, 2015 8:19 pm
Dagger will regail Urik with the tale of his childhood. Like most Twi'lek Dagger was sold into slavery as a child and worked for cruel masters for a good number of years. He saw many slaves beaten to death and barely escaped with his own life. He vowed to free those he was enslaved with. He promised them they would be safe.

Before he even had time to formulate his plan a platoon of storm troopers, apparently on orders from Vader himself, took over the location and executed all of them. The only explanation he has ever heard was "crimes against the empire". He took up a new vow that day to hunt down and destroy Vader and the sith that follow the dark side of the force.

He spent years living in the seedy underbelly of various inner rim cities. This planet is actually the most remote location he has ever been to. The open, natural, setting is both interesting, and unfamiliar.
Last edited November 12, 2015 8:20 pm
Nov 12, 2015 9:21 pm
With the fighting over for now Heyop busiest himself assisting Dagger with his training. Revealing himself not to be a melee teacher as much as someone who's seen various weapons and moves sometimes used in desperation. Heyop spent most of his time in nature trying to nudge nature back into its tracks, sometimes he came back frustrated, some nights he didn't return spending his nights in nature. He'd find some time to talk with Urik to get the story on how graves were built. Heyop would assist the young man if he wanted to make such a place here. He would finally have time to greave.

Ooc dealing with wildlife, Assisting Dagger and Urik if needed.

Rolls

Morality gain 1d10 - (1d10)

(4) = 4

Nov 14, 2015 4:24 pm
All characters recover all strain and wounds.
Nov 14, 2015 5:09 pm
Here's my morality roll.

Rolls

Morality - (1d10)

(5) = 5

Nov 14, 2015 5:56 pm
szemely says:
Here's my morality roll.
Thanks - don't forget to spend your XP. :)
Nov 14, 2015 7:00 pm
OOC: I was waiting for the others to post, but I'm just going to throw a couple things in here before this thread gets locked.

Urik would have gladly accompanied Heyop into the wilderness to explore. He grew up on a colonial world that was mostly wilderness, and has some skill in Survival.

He also is beginning to feel a bond with Dagger. When Dagger opens up to him, Urik reciprocates and tells the story of his family. His parents discovered (somehow) that he was force sensitive, and as the Empire rose and the Jedi order fell, they chose to join a colonial expedition to avoid the Empire's reach. This may have been a mistake. Malefax found them somehow on this backwater world. He came in, killed Urik's entire family while Urik watched helplessly, then took Urik with him. He informed Urik that he would be trained as Malefax's apprentice. That was 5 years ago. Since then, Malefax has been "training" Urik mercilessly. "Abusing" would likely be a better description. Urik tried over and over again to escape and/or kill Malefax. Rather than being angered by these attempts, Malefax seemed to find them amusing. Urik is grateful to be free, and to have new companions who are not "masters".

A few OOC housekeeping questions:

1. Malefax would have come here in a ship. What is the status of that ship? Is it usable? Does Urik know where it is? Is it better, worse, or comparable to the party's ship?

2. Urik has very few possessions. Is there anything he can scrounge from Malefax's stores or the bodies of the mercenaries? In particular, I'm wondering if he could have found a blaster or medical supplies of any kind.

3. What is the situation with the sword? Can Urik use it now without penalty? Or is it still tainted? Is there anything Urik can do to "cleanse" it, or is it just an evil weapon by nature?
Nov 15, 2015 6:08 pm
Friar_Tuk says:

A few OOC housekeeping questions:

1. Malefax would have come here in a ship. What is the status of that ship? Is it usable? Does Urik know where it is? Is it better, worse, or comparable to the party's ship?

2. Urik has very few possessions. Is there anything he can scrounge from Malefax's stores or the bodies of the mercenaries? In particular, I'm wondering if he could have found a blaster or medical supplies of any kind.

3. What is the situation with the sword? Can Urik use it now without penalty? Or is it still tainted? Is there anything Urik can do to "cleanse" it, or is it just an evil weapon by nature?
OOC: I was looking for this thread -- sorry it took me a bit to get back to you, I lost track of where it was.

1. The hired mercenaries that Malefax had provided the ship -- it's safe to assume the merc who escaped has commandeered the ship for his private use and has departed Spintir.

2. You can find a blaster pistol, unfortunately medical supplies are in short supply. If you want to consider other incidentals, let me know -- I'm totally reasonable here. :)

3. No, it cannot be used without penalty unless it goes through some cleansing ritual. Unfortunately, efforts to figure that out have not provided any particular insight just yet -- perhaps if more of the holocrons of the temple are found they may be able to assist.
Nov 16, 2015 6:17 am
Kaveri would have curious about those caves. Can she have explored the caves during the intervening weeks off-camera? Or is that something we need to do "live?"
Nov 16, 2015 5:12 pm
To clarify -- are these the caves within the temple you're talking about?

You do not have permission to post in this thread.