1.0 - The Rescue of Hethan Romund

load previous
Oct 29, 2015 11:16 pm
(OoC: Csillag has an extra boost dice from my action to roll btw)
Oct 30, 2015 11:45 pm
Heyop’s blaster lines up and fires -- the short range enabling a nice clean shot that significantly injures the ice wolf, blasting into its hindquarters and met with a yelp and a snarl. Csillag kneels and gets another shot into the beast, and it falls to the side, dead. Kaveri, halfway through shipping her rifle spins and shoots from the hip -- landing a hit that dispatches the last icewolf with the much more powerful blaster rifle she carries.

And the moment passes -- almost as if it didn’t happen. But there are three nearby, dead, icewolves to give lie to that fact. You each feel -- a rightness -- like your actions were coordinated, and correct. Each player recovers 2 strain if they have any strain damage.

The plaza is now empty of predators and the temple remains. How do you proceed?
Oct 31, 2015 12:34 am
"So...how do we proceed? Side door to the left, side door to the right, or straight in the entrance?"

Kaveri considers her own question.

"If we can get closer, I might be able to detect Malefax or Hethan with the Force. Any other ideas on how we could work together as the Gatekeeper suggested?"
Oct 31, 2015 1:00 am
"I guess we catch our breath and I vote we take the side door on the far side, I think Malefax knows we're coming so we need to be on the lookout for booby traps and/or an ambush. Regardless" Heyop stated reholstering his weapon looking to Kaveri on the subject and then the rest of the group before addressing her directly, "If you can sense him and Romund Kaveri that would be best for us to come up with a full operation plan if we can get the drop on him and that tactical advantage to take him out quickly with a coordinated shooting between the four of us I think we should be able to take him out quickly if he's still up and standing for a fight it would hopefully be short work. If things turn sideways Dagger seems to have odd luck when being reckless but I honestly don't want to keep rolling this outcome if I can help it, if he and I can pull his attention that should give you Kaveri enough time to line up a bead on him from a ways out if you don't want to get close. Csillag take a shot where you can but try and find Hethan we don't know her condition of if he's even treating her in a civil manner you're the best one to know if she needs healing." Heyop stated pulling his holdout blaster from his boot and handing it over to Csillag, "Use this or give it to Romund when you find her if you need to patch her up to get her moving so she can watch your back, I'm hoping he's alone in there but he might not be."

"If everything hits the fan I guess we'll roll with it." Heyop stated rolling his shoulders and neck his hands clenching and unclenching quickly, "What do you guys think? Also should we move in as a squad or spaced out in case there's more patrols?" Heyop added cocking his head sideways looking to the rest of the group.

(OoC: I'd like to heal up some strain if we take a few minutes to pow wow on a plan. It's apparent Heyop is quick to rattle of a simple assault raid plan and extract but lets hash it out what people think.)
Oct 31, 2015 2:35 am
Csillag takes the holdout blaster from Heyop and secures it within her robes.

"Perhaps one of us could scout ahead of the group but I think we should stick together as much as possible. Once contact is made I'll split off and locate Hethan. Just give me a some sort of sign if things start going bad and I'll join the fray."

Csillag will offer medical attention to anyone that needs it. I'm assuming she can use her force healing multiple times while we're taking a little break and discussing our plan of attack.
Oct 31, 2015 2:36 am
"Just be careful Kaveri, I've heard much of the force, and from what I can sumise, if you can feel or detect the presence of a force user, they can likewise feel your presence", Dagger states, trying to remember his time with Hethan. "I just don't want to be detected before we are even within sight. Maybe we could break into two groups and take each side entrance. We could radio over coms our positions and status", he suggests, knowing splitting up may be more dangerous, but it may also gain one or both groups flaking on the enemy.
Oct 31, 2015 11:14 am
"Two pairs, then? One on each side door, perhaps? OK, who's coming with me?" Kaveri waits while the others regain strain, and will then head to the door on the left side. She'll look with raised eyebrow to see which of these omnivores will join her, then - assuming no further surprises before the door - she'll wait just outside the doorway and attempt to reach out to the Force to sense nearby life forms.

The sense of the Dark Side is seductive, but she resists the temptation...this time.
Last edited October 31, 2015 11:15 am

Rolls

Force points for Sense

1 Black Force Point

Oct 31, 2015 2:37 pm
"If we're going to split I'll head off with Kaveri."
Oct 31, 2015 2:54 pm
"Looks like it's you and me, Heyop", Dagger says. A small smirk crosses his face. "Maybe you should be point. May be less...chaotic that way."
Oct 31, 2015 11:17 pm
Heyop wishes the ladies luck before nodding to Dagger and moves out to the far side after taking a breather. "I thought you would just walk in see Malefax and slap him in the face to get his attention..." jeered back before he quieted down.

Rolls

Rolling Cool to attempt strain recovery (Pre 3 Rank 1)

4 Success, 1 Advantage

Total: 4 Success, 1 Advantage

Stealth if needed (Agi 3)

2 Success, 4 Advantage

Total: 2 Success, 4 Advantage

Nov 1, 2015 1:47 am
"That's plan B", Dagger jests back. He follows Heyop as quietly as he can.

Rolls

Sneaky Sneaking

4 Success, 2 Advantage, 1 Triumph

Total: 4 Success, 2 Advantage, 1 Triumph

Nov 1, 2015 2:18 am
Csillag will fall in behind Kaveri as she attempts to sense if anything is alive.
Nov 1, 2015 3:14 pm
Heyop and Dagger sneak forward into a small antechamber shaped like a pudgy reversed L. At the top corner of the room, the wall has collapsed into a riot of rubble that suggests a passageway beyond -- but looking at the rocks, the effort to move that way is clearly too great. Closer to hand, a doorway leads up a small flight of stairs into another room. Not having anywhere to go but up, the men careful head up the stairs into some form of communications room dominated by a holonet projector/receiver. However the machinery of the room is powered down and silent. In the far corner of this room, a passageway leads out. When followed, Heyop and Dagger are stopped a few short meters later, standing on a ledge where the corridor has obviously collapsed into a roughly hewn... cave-like thing. From their vantage point, they can see the corridor they are in continuing along about 10m north -- across the way. It appears that the cave otherwise leads west into another room and east deeper into the mountain.

Kaveri and Csillag enter their room -- and while also L-shaped, this one has been rotated onto its side. Upon entry they see a statue of some long-dead Jedi, seated in a contemplative pose. Around the corner of the L there are three options. North into a small room. West into a room that has several flights of stairs lining its outer wall up to another level and east, through a large door into what looks like the antechamber of the temple -- where the main entrance would no doubt lead.
Nov 1, 2015 4:42 pm
This is not what she expected at all; talk of a temple had her imagining a wide open space with lots of columns... Kaveri crosses over and peers into the small room first.
Nov 1, 2015 8:13 pm
The small room is regularly shaped -- a square with it's northeastern corner cut out by a large curve. It's pretty nondescript, having been in some form of disrepair for some time. There's a couple old crates that have been busted open and long-since plundered, but it is otherwise empty. Perhaps this was some sort of small reception room.
Nov 1, 2015 8:39 pm
"Should we try to leap across the gap, or climb our way down?", Dagger looks to Heyop.
Nov 1, 2015 10:36 pm
Csillag slowly moves to Kaveri's side and puts a hand on her should to get her attention. Pointing to the east she gives Kaveri a slight nod and moves off to investigate the door.
Last edited November 1, 2015 10:53 pm
Nov 1, 2015 10:44 pm
Kaveri nods and follows.
Hopefully, the others have reached the main hall, too, and we'll meet them there...
Nov 1, 2015 11:05 pm
The antechamber is large -- this is the wide open space with columns -- although only 4 -- that Kaveri was expecting. Red tiles line a broad promenade north-south through the room and the large door from where Csillag and Kaveri are standing provides a cross-path of similar width, effectively splitting the antechamber into four panes. Each of the panes are bordered by four small steps around the inner edges (along the walkways) leading to small sunken areas where you can imagine Jedi of years past gathered to practice, meditate or quietly discuss the issues of the day. The four pillars that dominate the room, one for each of the sunken areas, are towards the middle of the antechamber reaching up high into a roof well above.

Like much of the rest of the temple, the room is in disrepair, with foliage running amok -- mostly in snaking vines -- and rock cracked and/or crumbling here or there. It's unclear just how old this temple is, or when it was last occupied, but it clearly looks like it's seen much better days over the past few years.

Directly across the way -- to the east -- the large doorway which is the analog to the one they are looking through appears to have suffered some form of rocky collapse, and it is cut off. North, out of the antechamber, one of two large double-doors is missing leading further into the temple, the other standing lonely sentinel.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/forceanddestiny/antechamber-1.jpg
Nov 2, 2015 1:59 pm
"Depends on how long ago this gap was created. Cutting off paths to you is one way to make sure no one sneaks up on you unsuspectingly…How are you on leaps of faith? Let me check it out first though…" Heyop mentions squatting trying to assess how long ago the gap was created and how far of a drop down it’ll be if they don’t make the leap, by design of the temple there may not have needed to be a pathway, if might have collapse due to age and dilapidation, or by means of someone blowing up a walkway so no one could traverse the area easily.

(OoC: Trying to access how far down it is to below, if there was never a walkway (no debris below), if it collapsed naturally (debris right under where the walking should be, if it was blown up (debris scatter below but away from a specific area; if you need multiple rolls I’m okay with that. I’m trying to figure out why the gap is here and if we’d be able to climb across the other side back up if we don’t make the jump)

Rolls

Perception Check (Rank 1 Cun 2)

2 Success

Total: 2 Success

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.