1.0 - The Rescue of Hethan Romund

load previous
Nov 4, 2015 1:12 pm
From the more secluded position Heyop gets on his comms, "One horn headed your way possibly. Plus Dagger's trying to do... something..." Heyop stated before putting away his link. He'd try and get Dagger's attention drawing his punch dagger and wiggling it. They didn't know what the patrols were like and in the temple a blaster going off in an area this big would probably echo.

(OoC: No idea what I'd do to let Dagger actually know. I'm figuring the sound of the pool and the serene nature wouldn't cover up the sound of blaster fire. I do agree a quick kill or knock out is probably beneficial)
Nov 4, 2015 3:59 pm
Kaveri moves quickly and carefully into the open atrium of the temple where the stream that begins in the temple and feeds that lack of the mountain valley below cascades quietly down upon a strange cubic form balanced on one of its corners. The falling water is quiet and contemplative -- rather than crashing and discordant. Sweeping up either side of this fountain broad staircases lead up to the assembly hall of the temple. Kaveri sees the tip of Dagger's head as he comes from the right and appears to head towards a pillar -- as he does so, his head pops back out of view.

Dagger makes it to his pillar -- eyes intent on the retreating mercenary across the way. This focus causes him to be particularly surprised (Dagger takes a setback die on his next action) when not far from his position you all hear a scream followed by "Nothing! The archive is empty! Just a bunch of useless scrolls and tablets! Where is the holocron?!" Whipping his head around, Dagger sees Hethan Romund against a pillar (the star) with another mercenary standing over her. Across the hall, a red-skinned figure with two sharp horns on his forehead strides into view and points a wicked serrated sword at Romund. "Tell me," you all hear, "or I’ll skin you alive!" Dagger sees him turn and stalk back into the archive from which you hear more screams and crashing. The voice seems unhinged, and waves of anger, fear and hatred boil off of its owner, permeating the temple.

OOC: My assumption is that Heyop isn’t quite where Dagger is, being a bit more cautious. Csillag will be assumed to be near/at Kaveri absent instructions otherwise. Malefax is occupying the archive to the left of the hall. What do you do?

Rolls

Prepping for turn-based stuff. Initiative for Merc (if surprised)

1 Advantage

Total: 1 Advantage

Initiative for Merc (not surprised)

1 Success, 1 Advantage

Total: 1 Success, 1 Advantage

Initiative for Malefax (surprised)

2 Success

Total: 2 Success

Initiative for Malefax (not surprised)

1 Advantage

Total: 1 Advantage

Nov 4, 2015 4:14 pm
Dagger is going to level his blaster at the mercenary that remains, firing from behind his pillar cover. Shifting just a bit to make sure the pillar is now between him and this mercenary. When the guy goes back into the archive I will move myself to be on a part of this pillar that puts it between me and both threats as best as possible. I speak into our teams com, "Guys, eyes on Hethan. She is looking pretty beat up, get over here now. I'm going to hit with surprise. This place is about to get loud."

Rolling cool for initiative because I pegged these guys before they've seen me. I'm prepared to attack, if we aren't quite in turn based I want to attack with surprise now. Let me know if I'm reading that wrong from the PHB. Also not sure if setback would go on initiative. If you would rather I roll Vigilance just take away the last green die result.
Last edited November 4, 2015 4:23 pm

Rolls

Cool (Presence)

4 Success

Total: 4 Success

Surprise Heavy Blaster Shot

3 Success, 4 Advantage, 2 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 3 Advantage

Nov 4, 2015 5:08 pm
"More then one threat, Csillag we need Romund on you. Moving." Heyop stated over comms.

This is a dumb idea...

Sprinting forward Heyop moved into the room past Dagger and his pillar, his hand moved to his holster pulling and shooting from the hip before diving behind the next pillar.

"Romund. Stairs Down Now!" he barked. He didn't catch if she was chained down but with two guys shooting at him the guard probably would be hard pressed to focus on her hopefully. And who was the other guy talking about skinning people?

(OoC: Moving to the pillar West of Dagger's Quick Drawing my Blaster Pistol also and attempting to put a hole in Romund's Guard restrains and telling her to pound feet)

Edit: Modified due to Dagger T.T I'm glad he's on our side
Last edited November 4, 2015 5:48 pm

Rolls

Init Roll (Pre 3 Cool Rank 1)

4 Success, 2 Advantage

Total: 4 Success, 2 Advantage

Ranged - Light (Agi 3 Rank 1 + Quick Strike R1)

2 Success, 5 Advantage, 1 Failure

Total: 1 Success, 5 Advantage

Nov 5, 2015 12:12 am
"Can you tell what is happening, Kaveri?" Csillag asks as she stays close behind.
Nov 5, 2015 1:22 am
(OoC: "Stairs! Why'd it have to be stairs?!")

Kaveri rushes up the stairs on the left (hoping for a chance of flanking an opponent, not knowing that Malefax is actually on the left), as she replies to Csillag: "They found Hethan - and some bad guys - upstairs!"

IF Kaveri sees a hostile this turn, she will take a bead and fire; otherwise she'll try to spot hostiles from the top of the stairs.

OOC: GM: I'm flipping a destiny token to upgrade difficulty. The range is 'short' so only one die is rolled. End result, 1 success, 1 triumph, 1 despair. Whoa.
Last edited November 5, 2015 1:27 am

Rolls

Initiative/Vigilance

3 Success, 1 Advantage

Total: 3 Success, 1 Advantage

Heavy blaster rifle shot

2 Success, 1 Advantage, 1 Triumph, 1 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 1 Triumph

Difficulty upgrade

1 Failure, 1 Despair

Total: 1 Failure, 1 Despair

Nov 5, 2015 3:02 am
(Csillag - can I get an initiative roll out of you? Malefax will take some time to take care of, assuming you can, and we should assume that we'll be in tactical time as I resolve these items).
Nov 5, 2015 3:19 am
Let's get up there! I need to get to Hethan!

Rolls

Initiative

2 Success

Total: 2 Success

Nov 5, 2015 6:05 am
Dagger's blaster fires and hits the mercenary squarely in the back. He slumps forward and bounces off of the pillar falling to Hethan's side, clearly dead. Heyop dashes in behind another pillar and gets a clean shot off -- releasing Hethan's manacled hands from a chain above her in a spray of rubble. Hethan, somewhat in shock stares uneasily at them as she rubs her wrists.

Malefax -- having heard the fire, radiating heat, and yelling, "If you've shot my prisoner, I will personally skin you alive an inch at a time -- and I'll make you eat every inch I remove from your useless body!" He takes several strides outside the doorway between the rows of pillars and looks a little stunned, seeing the mercenary dead and Hethan freed. "What? You! I knew you were keeping secrets from me!" He raises his sword menacingly at the stunned mentor...

Kaveri lines up a difficult shot -- between the wall and the outer pillar at the red form beyond. The shot hits Malefax… hard. It lifts him up and pushes him through the left-most pillar of the inner set -- sending bits of aged and well damaged masonry flying in a cloud of dust and stone. Malefax’s sword clatters to the ground and he hits the ground and skids into the channel of water with a splash. With a quiet, "beep", Kaveri’s blaster rifle helpfully reminds her that she is out of ammunition and it’s time for a replacement ammo pack.

Csillag hauls up the stairs after Kaveri and reaches the top just after Kaveri’s shot hits Malefax.

OOC: We’re now in Tactical Time. Order is player, player, player, player, NPCs. Whatcha do?

Key Ranges:

Csillag Hethan (Medium)
Dagger Hethan (Short)
Heyop Hethan (Short)
Kaveri Hethan (Medium)
Csillag Malefax (Medium)
Dagger Malefax (Medium)
Heyop Malefax (Medium)
Kaveri Malefax (Medium)
Nov 5, 2015 12:11 pm
Dagger uses his movement to put the pillar between him and Malefax to gain some cover, he then leans around it and fires another shot off at the villain. "Hethan! Run! Get to the stairs!", I shout as another blaster shot rings out.

Popping a light side point to upgrade one of my shooting dice. Firing at Malefax after I make sure I still have cover between me and Malefax.

GM: He has the benefit of cover and is prone, so adding 2 setback dice. Additionally, I'm flipping a point back to upgrade difficulty.

1d2
( 1 ) = 1 - replacing the first difficulty die (I used the Die Roller in tools).

End result: 2 success 2 threat.
Last edited November 5, 2015 12:12 pm

Rolls

Blaster Pistol

3 Success, 1 Advantage, 2 Threat

Total: 3 Success, 1 Threat

Upgrade and setback

1 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 1 Failure, 2 Threat

Nov 5, 2015 1:52 pm
Heyop whistled with the sudden burst of blaster rounds flew past him slamming into someone sending them flying from the impact.

Glad she's on our side could have used a good sniper at... he started to muse shaking his head hearing the clattering of a sword.

Heyop couldn't hear Romund moving she was still alive but her senses seems off since she wasn't reacting.

Here's to acting stupid... Heyop thought with a sigh moving out from cover.

Sprinting past Dagger he dropped the blaster in his hand next to Dagger midstride. Getting closer to Malefax low to the ground Heyop's mouth gapped open as his face contorted snatching up the dropped sword and attempted to rush Malefax to bury it in the captor roaring as he made a diving thrust.

(OoC: Dropping blaster by Dagger as an incidental, Closing the distance for the maneuver, I'd use Quick Draw to snatch up the fallen sword, if not let me know and I'll modify it. I'd also like to pop a light side point to upgrade my skill in Melee.)

Edit: T_T 1 Advantage to heal strain; 1 advantage to give next pc a boost dice; 1 advantage on noticing a single important point around me.

GM Edit: Malefax is prone, providing a boost to Melee. However the sword Heyop grabs is a sith sword and the very act of holding it creates distraction and conflict for the light side user. Adding 2 setback dice. wow. that's a complex way to have a no-op.
Last edited November 5, 2015 2:56 pm

Rolls

Heyop Hack! Melee Check + Quick Strike R1 (Bra 3 Rank 1*)

2 Success, 3 Advantage, 2 Failure

Total: 3 Advantage

Boost for prone, setback dice for holding onto a sith sword.

Nov 6, 2015 2:12 am
Seeing Hethan has been freed Csillag will run to her as fast as she can. Pulling the extra blaster from her robe she hands it to Hethan. "This may come in handy. Are you hurt?"
Nov 6, 2015 3:06 am
Kaveri looks at her rifle, stunned. *Why didn't I remember to bring a reload?*

The rifle is useless without a charged power pack, so Kaveri runs forward to take cover behind one of the pillars (stealth). She'd also like to look if a fallen mercenary has a power pack she can scavenge (Perception).

(OoC: I don't know if that takes two rounds or one, but I'll do the rolls here. I'm assuming average difficulty for both.)

Rolls

Stealth

4 Success, 2 Advantage, 2 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 1 Advantage

Perception

4 Success, 1 Threat

Total: 4 Success, 1 Threat

Nov 6, 2015 3:41 am
Dagger’s shot clips the dark side user as he thrashes about in the running water. As he shoots -- the roof of the temple shifts slightly, accommodating a slight change in its structural support and showers bits of dust around. Some gets into Dagger’s eyes causing him to blink in irritation. Dagger suffers a setback die on his next action.

Heyop pushes through the settling dust, leaving his blaster behind with Dagger and snatches up the sword Malefax was wielding and almost instantly regrets doing so. The sword, an ancient sith artefact, radiates fear and hate, distracting Heyop as he attempts to plunge it into the prone Malefax. Distracted by the dark side of the Force, Heyop’s thrust misses. Heyop takes 2 strain.

Csillag runs across the hall, casually leaping over the channel of water and settles next to Hethan who blinks in surprise at seeing her former student. She gingerly cradles the blaster pistol handed to her by Csillag, saying, "I’m not sure I know how to shoot one of these things. I’m an academic, after all." Her tone is oddly calm -- she appears to still be in some form of shock.

Kaveri moves to a pillar and eyes the fallen mercenary next to Hethan and Csillag. His blaster pistol lies near him on the ground.

Malefax stands from the channel, injects himself with something and spreads his hands before Heyop. Heyop is gently pushed backwards, towards his friends and is dropped unceremoniously into the channel. "You disgusting weaklings. How dare you raise my weapon against me. I will kill you all." Heyop is wet, but otherwise unharmed.

OOC: GM flips a darkside destiny point to enable Malefax to use the Light side of the Force.

Range check:

Dagger Malefax (medium), Dagger Hethan (short)
Csillag Malefax (short), Csillag Hethan (engaged)
Kaveri Malefax (medium (just)), Kaveri Hethan (short) -- and to the dead mercenary too
Heyop Malefax (short, wet), Heyop Hethan (short)

Rolls

2 White Force Points, 1 Black Force Point

Nov 6, 2015 4:43 am
Kaveri sneaks to get the blaster pistol and swap the power packs to her blaster rifle. She doesn't dare say anything, but she wills Csillag and Hethan to get out of there!

Rolls

Stealth to swap ammo packs

4 Success, 1 Advantage, 3 Threat

Total: 4 Success, 2 Threat

Nov 6, 2015 5:36 am
Dagger does his best to rub away the dust from his eyes as he aims another shot at the now standing figure and fires off another shot.

OOC: Flippin' another light side point, boss. Upgrading a green to a yellow.

Post Roll Edit: Oh...geez. I don't...even...what? I'm going to have to check this out in the PHB to see what I can buy.

Spending Edit (7 adv):
2 adv - Give Malefax a setback on his next check
1 adv - Give the next person to go a boost on their check.
2 adv - Give Heyop a boost on his next check. I think if he goes next, he will get two boost.
2 adv - Free maneuver, I'll take the aim maneuver to ready for the next round

I feel like all of that means I missed, but I'm laying down amazing cover fire.
Last edited November 6, 2015 6:06 am

Rolls

Blaster against Malefax (upgrade, aim, and setback) (range medium)

1 Success, 8 Advantage, 1 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 7 Advantage

Nov 6, 2015 2:33 pm
(OoC: Since no one used my boost die and I didn't get the incite of one important factor could I switch it to a setback dice on him?)

Heyop breath was ragged, the blade was odd in his hands. "You talk too much." Heyop retorted back rushing him again and swinging into the man with his own blade.

(OoC: Closing the distance to Engaged and trying again. I'll take all the help I can get.)

Edit: >.< I guess I'm taking a wound, using two advantage to heal the two strain (Ongoing I take it) and give the next person a boost die.
Last edited November 6, 2015 2:35 pm

Rolls

Melee Attack (Brawn 3, Rank 0, 2 setback dice, 2 boost die)

2 Success, 4 Advantage, 3 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Failure, 3 Advantage

Nov 6, 2015 4:40 pm
"I'm not sure you're safe to move in your state, Hethan, but we can't stay here for long." Csillag says as she tries to take in all that is going on around here.

"Do you think you can get to the entrance over there?" she asks as she motions towards the stairs where she ran in from.

OOC: Are they any noticeable wounds? Is there a way for Csillag to 'treat' shock?
Nov 7, 2015 12:55 am
Kaveri reaches the dead mercenary, screening Hethan and Csillag from Malefax. Quickly she ejects the ammo pack out of her rifle and swaps it for the pack that was powering the mercenary’s blaster pistol. It slides in cleanly with a satisfying ‘snik’ and Kaveri is locked and loaded, once more.

Dagger, distracted by the dust and the darting people starts firing of shot after shot from his blaster pistol, filling the temple with the sounds of blaster fire and bursts of stone as the bolts hit walls, rubble and pillars. Although a passable impression of a B1 battle droid from the Clone Wars, it nonetheless requires Malefax to focus on the incoming fire to ensure that he doesn’t wind up picking up another hit.

Wet and a little out of sorts, Heyop steps out of the canal, and charges in at Malefax with the sith sword, as its cold, dark hatred works against his senses. Malefax ducks and weaves Dagger’s blaster fire and adds to his choreography an impressive lean backwards as Heyop’s swing passed well above the dodging darksider.

Hethan responds to Csillag and grabs her arm as the two begin to creep outwards towards the stairs, but Hethan suggests, "Shouldn’t we get behind Dagger and all that blaster fire?" She weaves with Csillag over to the eastern side of the assembly hall and towards the corridor that Dagger and Heyop entered from, putting Dagger and his pillar behind them. "Wait, there’s another…" she starts.

Malefax springs upright after dodging Heyop’s swing and laughs mockingly. "You incompetent fool!" He sneers as his blaster pistol comes into his hand, "I will gun you down, take the sword and then end the lives of your petty little friends." He fires and at this range, it’s difficult for him to miss. His shot hits Heyop squarely who flinches with the sword -- it comes close enough to Malefax that he has to move quickly to stay out of the way. Heyop takes 7 damage (minus 4 soak means 3 wounds). Malefax suffers a setback die on his next action.

Urik wakes up with bits of rubble falling onto his face. He is located behind the dias at the northern-most part of the assembly hall. The first thing he notices is lots of noise and chaos -- and several blaster bolts flight around hitting things. He remains bound at his hands and feet, and fairly well battered from his most recent… lessons.

OOC: Ranges are basically the same -- Csillag and Hethan have moved further from Malefax and Heyop (medium), while everyone else is short to everyone else.

Csillag -- there’s nothing in particular to roll to help with the shock at this time -- roleplaying through it is sufficient.

Note - because Malefax is engaged with Heyop (range wise) ranged attacks against Malefax upgrade their difficulty one die (e.g. 1 red instead of 1 purple).

Rolls

Malefax uses a blaster pistol on Heyop

3 Success, 1 Advantage, 2 Failure, 3 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 2 Threat

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.