1.0 - The Rescue of Hethan Romund

load previous
Nov 9, 2015 2:18 am
Kaveri will call out to the others: "There's another captive here!" and then will go about untying Urik's bonds. "Don't worry; we shot Malefax. We're here to rescue you and Hethan."
Nov 9, 2015 3:07 am
PhantomNimbus sent a note to falryx
Rolling for GM known reason.
Last edited November 9, 2015 3:09 am

Rolls

GM Knows

3 Success, 6 Advantage, 4 Failure

Total: 1 Failure, 6 Advantage

Couldn't fit all the dice.

Nov 9, 2015 3:20 am
Urik stares at Kevari intently as she (he?) removes his bindings.

"So...Hethan was telling the truth...I thought she was just trying to save her own skin."

Urik's eyes suddenly widen, and his voice goes husky, "Wait, you shot Malefax!? Is he...?" His hands are shaking.
Nov 9, 2015 1:06 pm
"She'll live... like the rest of us she's not at her best but at least it's not the our worst." Heyop stating in passing accepting the pistol in hand. Heyop couldn't figure out how to call the Gatekeeper but word of an apprentice and captive made him wonder which it was. Moving between Romund and the found captive as he moved about casually he asked a serious question while still in hearing distance of Romund. "Was he a captive before and still Romund... or is he our ally now out of convenience so he doesn't end up like Malefax?"

He couldn't be the gatekeeper... he knew too much of this place... Heyop thought trying to sort out the facts.

Heyop waited on guard for either sounds of a struggle or seeing Kaveri with someone else in tow.
Nov 9, 2015 5:35 pm
Hethan shrugs at Heyop, and says softly for his and Csillag's ears only, "Malefax called him his apprentice. But it didn't seem to be going well." Kaveri easily manages to remove Urik's bonds -- they were fairly secure, but nothing someone with a bit of time and patience can't handle.

falryx sent a note to PhantomNimbus
falryx sent a note to szemely,Remnant
OOC: I've got a couple notes in here (for the first time ever) so apologies if they don't work.
Nov 9, 2015 5:50 pm
Heyop blinks, the apprentice and his actions could go either way then. Everyone had a choice even when they said there wasn't. Being freed from a vile master didn't mean the apprentice would turn over a new leaf. Heyop realized things out the corner of his eye but didn't give it much thought. It was nothing he'd loose sleep over just another body to clear out when they were done... they could have maybe tried to get intelligence out of him... but an enemy conscious and talking was still dangerous... especially if they with like that man. Maybe this just made things easier.

"You wouldn't by chance know where the Gatekeeper of this temple is would you Rommund? He did help us a bit in getting to you... well he just wanted the dark angry sod out of his home..." Heyop asked out loud wondering if the apprentice picked up on it.

Remnant sent a note to falryx
Nov 9, 2015 5:54 pm
At Heyop's call, the gatekeeper manifests himself in the Assembly Hall with you. "Hello again. Congratulations on removing the threat of Malefax from my temple. I thought it best not to intrude as you sorted out the events with your mentor, but since you asked for me, here I am." He gestures to Hethan. "The other mercenary, by the way, has left the temple and appears to be running down the mountain. I surmise that with his employer defeated he decided that discretion was the better part of valor."

falryx sent a note to szemely,Remnant
Nov 9, 2015 6:16 pm
Heyop jerks as someone pops up next to him pointing drawing the other blaster in a fluid motion before he finds himself point two blasters at the Gatekeeper's head.

"You gotta STOP doing that!" Heyop retorted fingers moving off the triggers as he holsters a blaster.

"We did try to not harm the locals... some kinda harmed themselves..." Heyop admitted in a lower conversational tone, "Looks like he didn't find the holowhatsit..." he eyes the Gatekeeper and shrugs not really sure if that's good or bad.
Nov 9, 2015 6:32 pm
The gatekeeper shrugs, "You cannot harm me with those." He pauses to consider, "And as a student of the Force you should perhaps approach life with a little more equanimity. Truly a Jedi finds unexpected turns of events everywhere in this universe. You can't shoot them all."

Hethan looks, confusedly, at Heyop. "Are you ok? Who are you talking to?"
Nov 9, 2015 6:35 pm
"Malefax is dead, we have done as you asked. Why else have you summoned yourself here? What more do you require of us?", Dagger questions. Looking a little more suspicious as Hethan doesn't seem to see the Gatekeeper
Nov 9, 2015 6:37 pm
The gatekeeper continues. "There is a residual corruption of the dark side over the temple and the valley. I humbly request the your aid." He specifically notes Heyop, Csillag and Kaveri, "You three can assist me with a ritual to cleanse the taint of the dark side." At Dagger and Urik he says, "You two would benefit, I think, from significant meditation on your actions over the past day or two. There is a specific place where this time would be spent most fruitfully -- and hopefully to the greatest benefit."
Nov 9, 2015 6:39 pm
Heyop felt the cold sweat drip down his back, he felt that feeling when you realize something wasn't right.

"Sorry sorry guess it was a bad joke... but if you're concerned about other people I guess you're actually doing better..." Heyop suddenly said spinning the blaster on his finger with a shrug as he scratched his face.

With his mouth covered he felt odd asking... he kind of didn't want to know. "Ar... are... are you a ghost?" he asked the creepy figure next to him behind his hand quietly.
Nov 9, 2015 6:48 pm
The gatekeeper smiles, "Ha! I suppose I am after a fashion. That's actually rather amusing." He smiles, and adds, "Holocrons are imprinted with the personalities of Jedi to provide an interface to access and understand their knowledge. I am the personality that is hosted by one of the holocrons of this temple."

Hethan continues to watch Heyop -- and now Dagger -- talk to themselves. "Are you all quite alright? Is there something happening to you? Did you say a ghost?"
Nov 9, 2015 6:50 pm
"Why can she not see you?", Dagger asks bluntly, ignoring the Gatekeepers comment on his actions. Dagger draws his blaster again and holds it at his side. He knows the Gatekeeper said they would be of no use, but he needs to feeling protected in his own mind.
Nov 9, 2015 7:12 pm
Heyop chuckled in the silence it was out of character for him and it became a bit creepy as he laughed a bit.

"Out of curiosity Romund if a Jedi was imprinted in a holocron is that a Ghost? There's a guy that's been helping us standing next to me but in all honestly if it's a ghost we should probably get the #@%@ out of here... can't shoot or stab a Ghost... Don't trust it, no offense man but that's creepy." he finally stated with seriousness in his voice even though it sounded a bit silly.
Nov 9, 2015 7:31 pm
The gatekeeper nods to Hethan, "Those who cannot use the Force, cannot interface with holocrons any more than you can plug into a computer terminal like a droid. Your mentor is learned and a good person, but if she cannot see me, she is not Force sensitive."

Hethan's eyes light up. "Did you say holocron? That's lovely!" She claps her hands together. "What does it look like? What's it saying? Does it know about the temple. What's its name? Oh.. I have so many questions."
Nov 9, 2015 8:48 pm
Heyop frowned a bit, it was odd considering that bit of knowledge about his mentor. She knew so much but they were fortunate in a way she wasn't.

"Seriously though is he a ghost? He wants us to do some cleansing ritual I think... Is that going to bring him back from the dead?" He started to ask his mentor before looking at the Gatekeeper, "You're not going to try and do some old school dark mumbo jumbo and kill us and come back to life right?" he accused

"No offense but this is all kind of convenient in a way man..." he says with a sigh pressing the bring of his nose with his thumb and index finger shutting his eyes for a second. "He says something of a cleansing ritual because of what Malefax did to the temple and the locals... the animals were turned on each other lost in a madness also to wipe it clean... I guess he looks like an old guy... He's helped us out since it was in his interest to be honest I don't really know if he's setting us up or not though. He also stated you can't weild the Force Hethan... he did say you were knowledgeable and a good person though... so I know he speaks some truths..." his voice trailed off... he really wanted a drink now...
Nov 10, 2015 12:38 am
"What does the cleansing involve?" Kaveri asks, leading Urik closer. "And does it involve THAT one?" She nods towards the bound form of Malefax, who is somehow horribly still alive.
Last edited November 10, 2015 12:38 am
Nov 10, 2015 1:40 am
Urik follows mutely behind Kaveri, fascinated by the Gatekeeper and all these new people so strong in the force. The only other force user he's ever known was Malefax...Malefax! Lying there bound, but breathing...

Friar_Tuk sent a note to falryx
Nov 10, 2015 2:30 am
Hethan nods at Heyop. "Well, it's true. I'm no Force user -- and you all know that. What I have done is study the Jedi in some depth, however, and I understand enough of their truths to have helped each of you in some small way on the path. Though," she looks thoughtful, "perhaps not always with great success. I'm not sure the Jedi would have such an unruly group as you as their.. um, apprentices." She looks, "So where is he? Can I ask him some questions -- perhaps one of you can ask them for me. Can he hear me?" She nods at Kaveri. "Quite right. What is the ritual? Can I watch?"

The Gatekeeper smiles serenely at Heyop, "No -- I cannot come back to life. I'm a highly advanced programmed personality. Not some vestage of a soul. To my knowledge no Jedi has that power. And I can assure you, I have no interest in dark side rituals. My objective is to return the temple and the valley to its proper state." To Kaveri he adds, "The ritual is simple -- it's a form of guided meditation. It will take a few hours and it will be tiring, but if successful, we can remove the taint of the dark side across the valley. As to Malefax," he gestures, "my sensors aren't in pristine shape, but they quite clearly indicate he's most assuredly dead already. Isn't that right, young one?" He looks at Dagger with this last comment.

falryx sent a note to PhantomNimbus
falryx sent a note to Friar_Tuk
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.