1.0 - The Rescue of Hethan Romund

load previous
Nov 7, 2015 6:55 pm
Kaveri takes careful aim at Malefax and shoots him.

(OoC: help me out with the damage: is it light or heavy now?
Last edited November 7, 2015 7:07 pm

Rolls

Firing heavy blaster with aim

6 Success, 1 Advantage, 2 Threat

Total: 6 Success, 1 Threat

Nov 7, 2015 7:28 pm
Kaveri looks down the barrel of her blaster rifle and takes her time, letting Malefax and Heyop weave back and forth -- and her spot opens! Squeezing the trigger, several bolts fire out of her rifle and hit Malefax in rapid succession. Peppered by the onslaught the Devaronian staggers back one step, two steps, three.. then four. His pistol clatters to the ground as he falls backward and lies still upon the ground. Kaveri takes 1 strain due to the intense concentration to land those shots.
Nov 7, 2015 8:21 pm
Dagger will glance around for another target to fire at. If I see no more guards I'll just pick up and holster Heyops blaster to hang on to it till he comes back.
Nov 7, 2015 8:57 pm
With Malefax down again Heyop would dart forward switching the blade in his off hand and picking up the blaster in his dominant hand. Standing upright with the blaster pointed at the man Heyop aims at point blank range waiting for him to kickup an attempt at escaping.

"Target...Down..." he stated trying to keep focus what was he so tired? "Everyone status? Romund you ready to teach a lesson? So uh... it's okay if we kill these guys right? Otherwise... whoops. Anyone remember how we contact the Gatekeeper? He's going to be a little irked I guess by the blaster fire." he barked over his shoulder... it didn't look to him like he was holding a heavy blaster but it felt like it.

(OoC: At 1/2 some wounds since I have soak but still feeling it so RP'ing the adrenaline is wearing off. Actually asking Romund point blank if we're suppose to kill these guys. If Malefax moves I squeeze the trigger, new person we probably don't realize yet moved I point the sword at him...)
Last edited November 7, 2015 9:00 pm
Nov 7, 2015 11:29 pm
"Hethan is in shock, Heyop, let's give her a little time before we start questioning her."

Standing and surveying the scene Csillag asks "Is that Malefax? Is he dead?"
Nov 8, 2015 12:36 am
Heyop stands over Malefax guardedly, but it seems obvious he's not pining (or biding his time), but passed on. Romund sits down against a pillar next to Dagger and looks at each of you in turn. "My friends -- I am so happy to see you. Is he... gone?" Her face darkens a moment, "Wait -- there was another. Someone Malefax referred to as his apprentice. I'm not sure where he got placed -- at some point he was bound by Malefax and beaten senseless." She pauses, "Honestly I'm not sure he's really an apprentice."
Nov 8, 2015 12:58 am
I move over to the archive to see if anyone else is in there. Perhaps this apprentice. "What did he look like?", I ask as I head over to the archive room.
Nov 8, 2015 1:33 am
"He can be dead if he needs to be...Dagger be mindful now even your luck can run out. He was flailing on something in there it sounded like earlier. Kaveri cover him if you can." Heyop states moving closer to the fallen Malefax. With the blaster against the Malefax's face he searched the man not taking his eyes off of him in a cursory manner, if he was totally out he'd pat him down for a hidden gun or blade plus items and take a bit of cloth from his clothes to bind his arms behind his back and his eyes. If he had time he'd tie up his feet suspended behind him at an angle connect to his hands.

(OoC: Blaster in his face and searching him so I can safely restrain him. Dagger's moving on so I want to make sure someone doesn't shot of stab me in the back named Malefax.)
Nov 8, 2015 3:10 am
Heyop uncovers an unused stimpack, but otherwise finds nothing of interest on the Devaronian who, despite the chill in the air, isn't wearing a shirt. On closer inspection, Heyop realizes that Malefax is still breathing -- so he's quite clearly unconscious, but not dead. Fear and anger continue to pulse through the sword that he holds, and it's pressing and pressing at his mind. This being is dangerous. I should just kill him and be done with it. Surely the galaxy... and Hethan would be safer without him.

Hethan calls after Dagger and says, "I don't know -- a youngish looking human boy. He was wearing the robes that you all seem to favor to keep you out of sight and out of mind, so I didn't get a good look at his face."
Nov 8, 2015 3:44 am
If Dagger finds nothing of interest, such as a you boy as described, in the Archive he will walk back out to Heyop. "Is he dead?", he asks, more than sure the answer will be 'no'. Few could take a blaster beating like that and live.
Nov 8, 2015 4:03 am
After a quick glance confirms that Csillag is with Hethan, Kaveri follows Dagger into the archive.
Nov 8, 2015 4:44 am
Dagger and Kaveri wander into the archives, but mostly see pandemonium and damaged records and devices. A cursory check of the archives doesn't reveal anything of note. There's enough debris and scattered items around that a more thorough review will be required to see if anything interesting has survived the neglect and Malefax's temper. There certainly isn't a sign of a bound human present. It's hard to tell what Malefax was doing in here since the amount of chaos seems pretty total.
Nov 8, 2015 6:10 am
Urik awakes bound hand and foot in a dark hole to the sound of blaster fire and shouting. After a few moments...

It sounds like the fighting is over. Do I hear voices? That's not Malefax talking...who else is here? What's going on?

Urik takes a deep calming breath and assesses his surroundings.

OOC: I'd like to assess the hiding place I am in; is there light? What can I see? Can I find an entrance/exit? Also, what are my bonds like? Are they metal binders, or just rope?
Nov 8, 2015 2:06 pm
Walking back to Heyop, I see him binding the sith. "Is he dead? Why are you binding a dead person, Heyop?", I ask, sounding worried both for Heyop and for what that sword may have done to him. I draw my vibroknife. "Is he dead, Heyop?"
Nov 8, 2015 2:12 pm
Kaveri, confident that no one could have survived being shot so many times, follows Dagger out but crosses to the altar at the north end to check it out on her way to the room on the other side.
Nov 8, 2015 2:49 pm
"Oh he's not dead... Yet." Heyop finally explained after looking at the hogtied and blindfolded combatant. "That sword messes with you mind..." he added sliding it on the ground away from Malefax.

"If he moves again feel free to shot him... That sword... Be mindful of it. I'm going to check on Romund. Heyop stated holstering the fallen Jedi's blaster.

Checking his side Heyop felt it now hot, warm, sticky, burning... Yep he'd been shot. He sucked his teeth to check on his mentor.

"I told you daily exercise helps you in everything you do...How are you feeling. We got help from one called the Gatekeeper do you know of him and you mentioned this guy had an apprentice?" he started with a jest handing Csillag the injector. Once he knew Romund was was okay and more of another threat he'd focus on the matter of the apprentice... "Also, that sword is... Malice." he added standing his face dark as he swallowed trying to describe the queasy confusion of feelings from holding the blade... Was that why they were that way? Their weapons drove them insane?
Nov 8, 2015 3:21 pm
Urik awakens to find himself in the temple's assembly hall. He can hear people talking, and through the muddled haze hears things like "Is he dead?" and "Oh he's not dead... yet." Looking around it looks as if Malefax dumped him on the other side of some sort of altar or plinth towards the back of the hall...

https://s3.amazonaws.com/forceanddestiny/urik-1.jpg

...then the head of a Togruta female pops around the heavy stone base and sees Urik, blinking furiously. This is, of course, Kaveri who has swung by on her way to check out the other archive room that she spots across the hall. Kaveri, for her part spots a disheveled looking human male -- perhaps not quite fully adult, it's sometimes hard to tell with humans -- bound by hand and foot.

Hethan nods to Heyop, "I'm feeling much better now, thank you. Despite all his threats Malefax didn't cause me serious harm -- it was..." she considers, "It's hard to explain. I felt the fear very intensely, so that even his lightest touch was somewhat scarring. Much more so than the physical weight behind the blows." Nonetheless, Hethan does sport a few fantastic bruises. "I'm so glad you all got my signal -- I was worried that I hadn't been fast enough. I barely had time."
Nov 8, 2015 3:30 pm
Heyop nods with the understanding.

Using the power of the Force to influence people's emotions can cause mental strain on them when you didn't want to do that much in the way of physical damage... If worse comes to worse I guess even I could use that...but I wonder if it would be more civil... or less... Heyop mused to himself before following up on this so called apprentice.

They also needed to find the Gatekeeper. Either to get chewed out for messing up his temple that was in ruins already in their defense or to let him know the corruption had stopped.
Last edited November 8, 2015 3:31 pm

Rolls

Perception: Scanning the area for Malefax Jr. (Cun 2 Rank 1)

2 Success

Total: 2 Success

Nov 8, 2015 3:56 pm
PhantomNimbus sent a note to falryx
I take out Heyops blaster as I cross over to where he and Hethan are. I hold his blaster out for him. "How is she?"
Nov 8, 2015 4:43 pm
Urik looks up at this new togrutan face, "Who are you? Where is Malefax?"

Urik is a tall, sandy haired human male of about 14 years. He wears voluminous robes that hang awkwardly on what is probably a lanky frame. His face is a mosaic of pain; old scars mingle with fresh cuts and bruises over a weary, haunted expression. His lower lip is split open in a way that will likely leave a permanent cleft.

"I heard shooting. What is happening?"
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.