1.0 - The Rescue of Hethan Romund

load previous
Oct 20, 2015 9:48 pm
Csillag will follow in behind Kaveri.

OOC: Any rolls needed?

Nope -- based on Heyop's description of the equipment used.
Oct 21, 2015 3:17 am
Dagger will cut across the path to the southern patch of woods and will move closer to the close side of the bridge. Then, he lets out a loud shout and runs out of the woods in font of the bridge and looks both left and right. He sees the two guards on the bridge and sprints towards them waving his arms in the air. "They're coming! They're coming!", he shouts over and over as he closes in on the guards. "We got ambushed in the ruins! Hurry, we have a group of them pinned down but we need more guns. They got a hold of my blaster!", he will shout as he is running towards the guards.

[ OOC: My aim is to deceive the guards into heading out towards the ruins in a hurry. I'm unsure if taking the time to mask myself will grant me any bonuses on making them think I am one of the hunters. I am hoping so. If so feel free to let me know or add the rolls. I would assume the time it took me to get over to the bridge is enough to let the others decide if they want to follow me or head to the cave. ]

Rolls

Deception (Cunning)

1 Success, 2 Advantage, 1 Triumph

Total: 1 Success, 2 Advantage, 1 Triumph

2 Failure

Total: 2 Failure

Oct 21, 2015 4:34 am
Kaveri and Csillag make it to the entrance of the cave without any problems. Carefully picking their way through the alpine trees into an unused path that leads to its entrance -- now obvious that you know where the cave is. The cave entrance smells a more dusty -- with a surface damp -- perhaps due to the nearby waterfall. What you don't smell is any obvious sign of animal or human habitation. That said the cave goes in deeply and quickly becomes black and impenetrable to your vision -- so it's quite possible it's quite a bit bigger than a simple cave.

Heyop shadows Dagger along the southern batch of trees and blinks in surprise as he runs out into the open shouting about the impending doom. The mercenaries turn, looking a bit skeptical at this. One of them takes a step back -- but the cool mist that pervades the area around a waterfall and the falling temperatures have created a small sheen of ice where he steps. He falters and falls backwards off the bridge, grabbing the coat of his colleague as he does so. They both tumble down and land with a pronounced splash in the fast running, and cool mountain river. Dagger is able to see both come up for air -- but they are clearly no longer a threat to the party.

The two guards on the far side, however aren't completely sure what happened. It looks to them like Dagger maybe just pushed their colleagues both over the bridge. They both step back, fearful of this crazy man who can toss people from a bridge. One of them draws his pistol, but clumsily drops it.

(OOC: The far mercenaries are long distance from Dagger and Heyop -- and extreme to Kaveri and Csillag).
Oct 21, 2015 5:23 am
Dagger, thrown a bit by the turn of events that just happened looks for a second at the other two guards at the other end of the bridge. This is certainly not the turn of events he expected. Anytime he's run this gambit in the big cities there has never once been a time both of the guards he was trying to distract plummeted off a bridge.

He quickly tries to change his tactics to roll with this, seeing that one of the guards is frightened looking and has dropped his pistol. He draws his pistol in one hand and vibroknife in the other, more to look formidable than any sort of dual-wielding intent. He walks towards them at a quickening pace and levels the blaster at the one who has not drawn a weapon. "You have two choices now. Put your weapons down and surrender, or join your friends below. I will not ask again."

[ OOC: I honestly had no clue what just happened and am just as thrown off as Dagger is. Hah. I want to try and intimidate them into giving up, or jumping over on their own. It's two on one, but I think given my scare into them I have a good shot at this. Also I would like to be closing the distance gap as best as possible while I'm doing this intimidating line.

Edit: Or maybe not the best. Oh geez. Do I get any bonus dice for this? Lol. Also add in whatever negatives. ]
Last edited October 21, 2015 5:29 am

Rolls

Coercion (Willpower)

1 Success, 3 Advantage

Total: 1 Success, 3 Advantage

Discipline of affected mercenaries

1 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Failure, 1 Threat

Oct 21, 2015 5:56 am
(OoC: That's the power of a triumph, despite failure! Hoorah!)

After feeling stupid in not checking out the cave the first time, Kaveri is reluctant to give up without at least looking further into the cave. The problem is that there's no light.
"Uh...got a light, Csillag?"

Kaveri attempts to reach out with her feelings into the darkness, as Hethan taught her to do, to see if she can detect any living creatures nearby.
(Kaveri is going to try to use her Sense ability. As I understand this, I roll a Force die first to generate a pool of dark/light points, which I can then spend to use the ability. Is that right?)

Rolls

Rolling a Force die for points to use Sense

2 White Force Points

Oct 21, 2015 6:02 am
As I'm attempting my intimidation, I'm going to flip one of our light-side destiny points to tweak a narrative point a bit. I'm going to say I had this idea much earlier to masquerade as a hunter, so I also grabbed one of the slug thrower rifles. Slung it over my shoulder and kept it out of sight so far. Instead of walking towards them with pistol and knife drawn, I want to be walking towards them aiming the rifle as I try and clear the distance to 'medium'.
Oct 21, 2015 12:36 pm
Heyop raised an eyebrow at the turn of events. They probably need a bit of a push… he thought to himself seeing the final two on the far side still in Dagger’s way. With one of them fumbling their gun Heyop’s eyes locked onto the one still able to ready a blaster easily. Focusing his mind Heyop looked towards the primary threat now to Dagger besides his own reckless nature. Heyop tapped into the animalist emotions that seemed primal in most living things. Fear of being the threat in front of him and possible outcomes would be pushed into the person’s mind such as leveling the gun at the threat and feeling your arm being taken off and the pain of teeth burying themselves deeply into his before a hunk of flesh would be rend from his body. Regardless of the outcome he’s unsling his weapon and start aiming at the greater threat to Dagger.

(OoC: Attempting to use Influence. I figure fear would fall into the same category as confusion for requirements. After that aim, if I’m too far out move in closer to get a bead on the target.)

Rolls

You're feeling very... FREAKED OUT MAN! GAME OVER! Influence Force Power Attempt

1 White Force Point

Oct 21, 2015 10:05 pm
"I don't have anything that can work as a light source, but our eyes might adjust a bit if we get in a little further."

OOC: Is Csillag close enough to the bridge to hear any of the going ons there? She's quite focused on this cave for now.
Oct 21, 2015 11:34 pm
"Okay. I wonder how the others are doing...?"

(OoC: I'm interested in what we can hear, too. I've assumed that we can't hear something at extreme long range, what with the waterfall and the fact that no one has fired yet. We might have heard Dagger yelling a moment ago, though...)
Oct 22, 2015 2:38 pm
Dagger yells menacingly at the mercenaries across the bridge, but they don't look like they're buying it - at least, not entirely. The one who dropped his weapon, kneels on the ground and picks it up again, and the other draws his blaster. Although they are not convinced that they should flee, they do withhold their fire at this point -- uncertain that engaging the lunatic with the slugthrower is the way to go. Dagger steps onto the bridge and closes the distance with the mercenaries, walking past regularly-spaced large pillars that appear decorative, but substantial. Heyop attempts to draw on the Force to encourage fear in his opponent -- but fails to do so -- denied access to the dark side that requires such emotions to manifest. Heyop senses the Living Force pushing back on him, unwilling to bend to his will for such an application. Heyop takes 1 strain.

Kaveri calmly reaches out with her senses into the cave. The Force flows through her -- encouraging tranquil thoughts of awareness and she easily reads the presence of Csillag next to her -- a bright light in the skein of the Force. Ahead the cave feels empty of life... to the extent that Kaveri's senses can reach. It is dark, and foreboding -- but at least for the next several feet she cannot sense other life. Notably, she cannot sense Dagger or Heyop either -- giving her a sense of the limitations of her Force power.

Csillag cocks her ear towards the bridge, wondering what the men are up to. She's fairly certain she hears Dagger yelling over the low roar of the falls. And there may be a couple other voices in there -- but she's not certain (A perception check could help here with 3 difficulty dice due to the range and ambient noise).

OOC: Kaveri -- correct on the Force usage.
OOC: We now have 4 dark destiny and 3 light destiny points.
OOC: Dagger has closed to Medium range with the Mercs. Heyop is still at long range (and out of range).
OOC: Let's roll initiative:
- Dagger: Cool
- Heyop: Cool
- Kaveri: Vigilance
- Csillag: Vigilance

Rolls

Initiative for the mercenaries

Oct 22, 2015 3:03 pm
Heyop ground his teeth shaking off the mental fog. #@$*! he swore mentally knowing he needed to close the distance wondering if numbers would suddenly through them off; Heyop moved into action.

(OoC: I'll post actions once we get init order I guess)
Last edited October 22, 2015 3:05 pm

Rolls

Init Roll (Cool Rank 1)

2 Success

Total: 2 Success

Oct 22, 2015 4:03 pm
His words looking to not be giving the impact he had hoped now sees this going only one way. Hethan had always warned him about his reckless and often dangerous plans. If only she was here now.

Rolls

Cool (Presence)

3 Success, 2 Advantage

Total: 3 Success, 2 Advantage

Oct 22, 2015 7:32 pm
Satisfied that she can't sense any life in the immediate vicinity, Kaveri turns back to the cave entrance to see/hear how the others are doing.

Initiative (Vigilance): 1 success, 2 advantage
Perception: 2 success
Last edited October 22, 2015 7:34 pm

Rolls

Vigilance (for initiative)

1 Success, 2 Advantage

Total: 1 Success, 2 Advantage

Perception (to see/hear what's going on at the bridge)

3 Success, 2 Advantage

Total: 3 Success, 2 Advantage

Difficulty of Perception check (forgot to add this)

1 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 1 Failure, 2 Threat

Oct 22, 2015 11:22 pm
Straining to listen Csillag tries to remain absolutely still.

Rolls

Perception Check

3 Success, 1 Failure, 4 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 4 Threat

Initiative

1 Success, 2 Advantage

Total: 1 Success, 2 Advantage

Oct 22, 2015 11:28 pm
Kaveri's recent use of the Force to enhance her senses pays off -- and she feels like she can clearly hear Dagger yelling at someone and Heyop doing the same. It seems like they've engaged in some kind of confrontation -- at least verbal for now, with some of the guards on the bridge. Given the yelling, it's either very high emotion -- or they're talking to the guards across the bridge. Odd, that.

Csillag, hears much the same, but unlike Kaveri is fairly convinced that both Dagger and Heyop are in some sort of very serious trouble. Perhaps they've been captured or are hurt? It's really quite hard to tell, but it doesn't seem to be going well.

OOC: Initiative order is: Player, Player, Player, Player, NPCs.

We're now in 'round time' -- you guys have the first set of actions. Go.

I wasn't completely sure how to use the 'threat' for Csillag -- so opted to have her mis-hear what's going on, even though she could hear something. Opinions on alternative choices/actions are welcome in the OOC thread. I like feedback!
Oct 23, 2015 12:06 am
Thinking that Dagger and Heyop may be in trouble Csillag will run as fast as she can towards the bridge.

OOC: I'm assuming that she's still far enough way that one round of movement will still leave her quite a distance from the action.
Oct 23, 2015 12:48 am
Dagger, seeing that his opponents are not backing down he aims and opens fire on the merc who didn't drop his gun.

I don't remember all the negatives. I think I also get strain for trying to use a cumbersome weapon. This plan is going south FAST.

OOC: No strain, just makes it harder to use. You're left with 1 advantage. Looks like 2 can play the "rolls badly" game.

OOC AGAIN: Actually, since I was and idiot and forgot about AIM, could I do that now and add a bonus blue? I'm going to roll it, if you want to disallow since I sort of already said it, you sort it out how you want.

OOC LAST TIME: Total whiff still. I'll just use the left-over advantage to give the next person to go a blue dice.
Last edited October 23, 2015 2:49 am

Rolls

Ranged (Heavy) (Agility)

4 Advantage

Total: 4 Advantage

Difficulty dice for medium range + 1 for cumbersome

3 Threat

Total: 3 Threat

Totally Aimed...

Oct 23, 2015 2:17 am
OOC: Csillag - you are 'long' distance from the bridge. A full round of running (maneuver, exchange action for a maneuver) will take you to 'medium' range to Dagger and Heyop -- so you'll be a maneuver from the western edge of the bridge and extreme range to the mercenaries).
Oct 23, 2015 12:41 pm
Heyop closed the distance seeing Dagger take a bead on the more threatening target. "I'm on your back." Heyop barked out moving closer to Dagger, "They're either going to get cocky and charge but more likely to hunker down." added as he closed the distance the slugthrower rifle's barrel aimed down as he darted from his hiding position closer to dagger taking up a position behind one of the large pillars if possible.

(OoC: Moving to Medium from long, using quick draw if it's not considered already out for the weapon and using Quickstrike Rank 1 on the Merc being fired at since he hasn't acted yet (gives +1 boost dice))

Edit: Advantage Spendage: 1 Adv to heal one strain and the other 2 on Merc picking up his blaster to give him a setback die on his next check.

GM Note: Added a boost from Dagger (above). Also the way I read this is 2 maneuvers (close from long to medium) + an action. On the two maneuvers you'd take 2 strain -- I'll assume the extra advantage given by the boost die will be used to offset that strain.
Last edited October 23, 2015 12:47 pm

Rolls

Ranged Heavy @ Med Range (Agi 3 Rank 0) + Quick Strike Rank 1

3 Success, 4 Advantage, 1 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 3 Advantage

Advantage boost passed on by Dagger.

2 Advantage

Total: 2 Advantage

Oct 23, 2015 2:40 pm
Kaveri turns and, seeing Csillag run out, runs after as well (out the cave, down the slope through the woods toward the bridge using two moves).
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.