1.0 - The Rescue of Hethan Romund

load previous
Oct 19, 2015 1:28 am
OOC: The slugthrower is pretty basic, no awesome scope. Distance from one end of the bridge to the other is 'long' so the far side of the bridge is 'extreme' to you, and you should consider your distance to the bridge to be 'long' as well. Also note that I'm enjoying your interaction/interplay so will try and stay out of the way of it!
Oct 19, 2015 4:26 am
Kaveri agrees with Csillag. "I think a diversion that doesn't involve us masquerading as people these guards might know is a good one. We could either rig a timer on the grenade, set up a remote trigger, or just go some distance off and I could shoot it. But before we do that, why don't we scout around a bit first, to get a lay of the land? We need to know where we can hide - if there's a place - before we set up the grenade."

Kaveri is going to look around, sneaking around their surroundings. Because of the distance to the mercenaries and the trees, Kaveri is able to gain some advantage in her sneaking around.

GM dice add - 2 https://s3.amazonaws.com/forceanddestiny/FFG-purple.png to perception.

GM dice add - 1 https://s3.amazonaws.com/forceanddestiny/FFG-red.png and 1 https://s3.amazonaws.com/forceanddestiny/FFG-blue.png

End result:
- perception: 4 success, 1 threat
- stealth: 1 triumph, 4 advantage

Rolls

Perception (to search the area)

4 Success, 1 Advantage

Total: 4 Success, 1 Advantage

Stealth ( to sneak around)

3 Success, 3 Advantage, 1 Triumph

Total: 3 Success, 3 Advantage, 1 Triumph

Perception difficulty dice.

2 Threat

Total: 2 Threat

Mercenary vigilance, and distance to stealth

1 Advantage, 2 Failure

Total: 2 Failure, 1 Advantage

Oct 19, 2015 12:34 pm
Opening the small container Heyop looked around at the area smearing the paste over his face as he started to talk again.

"I think we should save the grenade unless you have more than one for an emergency. Granted it'll make a lot of noise but if we just need noise I can hold up someplace fire this off in rapid succession" Heyop stated shaking the longarm. "Being out in the open moving towards the guard will likely get us shot I think, considering how they're guarding the bridge I figure it's an important choke point, local or intruder they'd probably just as quickly put us down as tell us to turn around and go away."

"I think we need to check out the area around the bridge without being seen the best we can before we make a plan... there's enough camo paint for everyone, its nothing fancy just makes it harder to spot you. If they have electronic scanning gear or a droid we're kind of hosed regardless" he finished offering up the disc

(OoC: There's four applications left if anyone wants any, it'll help if people are looking for us in this environment I think)
Oct 19, 2015 1:43 pm
Dagger takes the disc and smears an application on his face as well.
Last edited October 19, 2015 1:43 pm
Oct 19, 2015 3:43 pm
While Heyop and Dagger get themselves prepared, carefully applying some camo paint to their faces, Kaveri sneaks off quietly into the trees and takes a look around. Shortly after Kaveri slips into the trees, she's completely disappeared -- without a sound or sight giving away her position.

Kaveri is able to sneak fairly close to the mercenaries through the cover provided by the trees -- while it's not particularly thick, she has "ridden this varactyl" before and knows her way around alpine forests to find what she seeks. While sneaking about, she is able to see that the mercenaries are equiped with Blaster Pistols -- and seem to be quietly discussing the latest now-illegal-thanks-to-the-Empire pod-racing results on Malastare. "That crazy Dug," she overhears, "is taking too many chances -- his engine boosts are well past the safety guidelines for even people who boost engines. He's lucky he doesn't create some kind of fireball at the starting line." His colleague appears less concerned about the fate of this overclocking Dug, however.

In her position Kaveri notices several items that could help move past the mercenaries without conflict. First and foremost, it might be possible to scale up and down the ravine further downstream. Still the way looks somewhat treacherous and it'd take someone with excellent physical skills to pull it off. There's no way Dagger could do it without help -- the way he's built it seems like a stiff breeze might launch him from the cliffside. The mercenaries themselves seem barely professional. Based on their poise, outfitting and conversation -- it doesn't seem like a sufficiently convincing story would make it hard to bluff your way past. Lastly, as Kaveri turns back towards the party, having reconnoitered sufficiently, she spots a small cave entrance on the north wall. It's possible it could lead somewhere, but... it's really rather hard to tell.
Oct 19, 2015 5:19 pm
Kaveri returns to the group and reports:
"We can't climb the ravine, so the bridge is the only way across. But there is a cave entrance in the north cliff face; we could use that to hide for our diversion." She points out where it is, or the specific direction where it is, depending on whether it's visible from this vantage point. "That is, if you don't want to try to bluff past them. I still don't feel good about that, but I got pretty close to those bungos - close enough to convince myself that they're pretty amateur. So bluffing could work, but I bet they'd really fall for a diversion."
Oct 19, 2015 5:45 pm
Heyops head leans to the side one way then the other waying the information from his squatting position. "Cave sounds good... If we get closer I might be able to get them into a bit of infighting against each other... don't know how well it'll work... I've only used 'it' on rampaging animals to calm them. And I don't know if it tips our hand that we're close to the one holding Romund." he stated looking in the direction of the bridge even though he couldn't see the situation from where they were hold up probably, stabbing at the dirt with a gloved fingertip he drew the bridge, path trees, and wherever the cave was if Kaveri points it out. "If they're complecent and amateurish two of them fighting and one trying to break it up if it gets lethal I think is a good diversion if I can make it happen... Did you see any tracks going in or out of the cave? Or bones?" he continued looking towards Kaveri and the others to see what they thought.
Oct 19, 2015 5:56 pm
Dagger searches around him within the wooded area to see if he can determine any wildlife here.

[ OOC: what sort of check would that be? ]

PhantomNimbus sent a note to falryx
Oct 19, 2015 9:07 pm
OOC - Dagger, I think you'd want a 'survival' check. My CRB isn't with me at work, so I'm guessing. I could also buy a Perception roll. Given the impact of the dark side, the local fauna have been behaving in a very skittish and atypical fashion -- so this will be of average difficulty with a setback die (two purple, one black).

falryx sent a note to PhantomNimbus
Oct 19, 2015 9:33 pm
"...I didn't check the cave that closely..." Kaveri admits with a sinking feeling. "But if you want, I'll go back and take a closer look...?"
Oct 19, 2015 10:06 pm
Tucking her grenade back into her rob Csillag will take the disc from Dagger and apply some of the camouflage to her face. "Thanks, Heyop" she says as she tosses the disc back to its owner, "This may just come in handy."

"To the cave then?" she asks, itching to get moving.
Last edited October 19, 2015 10:39 pm
Oct 19, 2015 10:32 pm
Dagger walks out into the wood a bit, seeming to search for something. He draws out his vibroknife.

PhantomNimbus sent a note to falryx

Rolls

Survival Check

3 Success, 2 Threat

Total: 3 Success, 2 Threat

Missed Purple

1 Threat

Total: 1 Threat

Coin Toss (1st or 2nd black dice removed) - (1d2)

(1) = 1

Oct 19, 2015 10:34 pm
OOC - Phantom, can you add a purple die and roll a 2-sided 'basic' die (that'll pick which black die we ignore).
Oct 19, 2015 10:34 pm
"I agree with Csillag we'll follow at a distance as not to disturb your cover Kaveri. If the cave is a viable area to go into I'd prefer to be closer in case it happens to be occupied..." Heyop statted looking around.
Oct 19, 2015 11:10 pm
After some time and strange scuffling and squeezing noise, Dagger comes back from the woods looking pretty winded and scratched up. His face is masked with blood as are his hands. He throws down the carcass of a small woodland creature that has been cut open. He starts marching towards the bridge.

"Every moment we waste is a moment Hethan could be tortured, or worse.", he states as he marches past the group.
Oct 20, 2015 5:47 am
Kaveri slinks off toward the cave immediately, hoping to get to the cave and get the guards in her sights before Dagger arrives at the bridge with his distraction...

(OoC: I'm assuming the same level of difficulty/combination of dice as before. What is the range between the cave and the bridge?)
Last edited October 20, 2015 5:48 am

Rolls

Stealth to get to cave

2 Success, 4 Advantage, 1 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 3 Advantage

Oct 20, 2015 3:40 pm
(OOC: Cave to the bridge is 'long-ish' as well -- Heyop and Csillag should get another boost (blue) die due to their camo paint).
Oct 20, 2015 4:05 pm
Heyop sighed and shook his head looking to Csillag, "On me or with Kaveri... let's make sure Dagger doesn't do something that gets him shot." he stated moving through foliage on the opposite side of the trail a ways behind Dagger to trail behind him.

(OoC: I'll take the baby blue booster die but it's suppose to give 1 autofail to perceive us by eye. Let me know when you'd like a stealth roll, I'm trying to stay a short distance behind Dagger so I can get up and hoof it to assist if needed.)
Last edited October 20, 2015 4:05 pm
Oct 20, 2015 4:32 pm
(OOC: ah, I'll take the autofail for Heyop and Csillag if that's what the rules state -- I just assumed it provided advantage, versus a specific outcome).
Oct 20, 2015 4:38 pm
(OoC: No worries so stealth checks to see what chaotic outcome Dagger is walking into.)
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.