1.0 - The Rescue of Hethan Romund

load previous
Oct 16, 2015 1:45 pm
Dagger will also look over the bodies for any gear. "I have no health kits either. I shall help search for gear. It seems we all underestimated the situation. You have no reason to apologize."
Oct 16, 2015 11:14 pm
Wincing as she moves to join the others Csillag finds a place to rest while tending to her wounds.

Ok, so it looks like I've healed 1 wound with the roll, 1 more wound for her Surgeon Talent, and 1 strain for her Physician Talent.
Last edited October 16, 2015 11:16 pm

Rolls

Medicine Check [EASY]

1 Success, 4 Advantage, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 3 Advantage

Oct 17, 2015 2:53 am
Unfortunately, the hunters seem to have come prepared for battle -- but not for its aftermath, perhaps a further twisting of their minds and intellect from the influence of the dark side emanating from the temple in the distance. Dagger and Heyop come up empty with helpful items, unless someone would rather swap to heavy fur clothes or replace their blaster with a slugthrower -- not something anyone seems, at first blush, overly keen to do. Kaveri feels markedly better with the application of her stimpack, but continues to look a little worse for the wear. Csillag's medkit hums and beeps as she tends to her wounds, managing to heal some of the damage done by the slugthrower.

(OOC: Csillag, you may've needed to have +2 purple due to "treating yourself" - but I'll pass on that for now. You also heal +1 strain for every advantage, so you'd heal 4 strain with that roll. The medkit has an 'encounter' limit -- so Csillag has gotten her use for now -- but it could still be used to help close the gap on Kaveri. It looks like Force heal and stimpacks share the 5-max limit)
Oct 17, 2015 4:04 am
OOC: So Csillag can use the emergency medpack right now to heal Kaveri? Could she then apply her force power to Kaveri afterwards? Guess I'm not sure what my options are here.
Oct 17, 2015 4:07 am
OOC - yes, you could use the medpack on Kaveri now if you chose (one purple die medicine check) -- and I think the Force power could help you or Kaveri (or both), but requires a Force die roll (one white die).

ALL note that the game now awards each of you 10 XP as well.
Oct 17, 2015 4:11 am
Noticing that Kaveri is still looking a bit ragged Csillag will walk over and offer her assistance. "Let me take a look at that."

OOC: The FaD equivalent of a goose-egg, yeah? Still one wound and one strain due to Csillag's talents.
Last edited October 17, 2015 4:15 am

Rolls

Healing Kaveri [EASY]

1 Success, 1 Advantage, 1 Failure, 1 Threat

Oct 17, 2015 4:28 am
OOC - wow, you've got some awesome die-rolling mojo going on right now. Blank and 1 advantage on two yellow dice in two rolls. I agree with your interpretation of Surgeon. It doesn't seem to imply that you have to succeed -- just make a check.

Kaveri regains 1 wound and 1 strain.
Oct 17, 2015 5:32 am
"I've found nothing of value to us. It would seem that they weren't well packed", Dagger says. He calmly sits and waits for the others to tend to their wounds.

[ OOC: What time of day is it? ]
Oct 17, 2015 11:04 am
Feeling the weight of one of the weapons in his hands Heyop shrugged.

It couldn't hurt... he thought to himself having holstered his own weapons in the very least he'd have a walking stick with a scope on it. Eyeing the unconscious one he gather most of the ammo clips and buried but leave one but a gun and got ready to toss stash the rest of the long rifles.

"Agreed, unless you're use to carry a large amount of weight daily these would be dead weight and slow us down." Heyop stated thinking about the coats of the dead...

I wonder if they're warmer... he mused mulling it over in his mind.

As he waited for the others to recoup he squatted from a vantage point to provide overwatch until they were fully ready to embark again on their mission.

In the momentary pause Heyop thought of Romund and his short time with her.

Remnant sent a note to falryx,PhantomNimbus,spaceseeker19,szemely
How long ago was that? Heyop thought looking around and stood stretching. Burying the butt of the long arm in the snow he rolled his neck, his arm blurred reaching for his blaster and pulling it and aimed in a few directions before reholstering it and drew his truncheon. His arm moved from a low guard before the weapon spun whistling slightly while the weapon danced in his hand the grip of the weapon moving between several positions for various strikes... He stopped and flipped the weapon a few times... Reattaching it to his belt he looked towards the others.

I'm going to have to strike a lot faster and talk a bit more probably before this is done... braining people I don't mind so much... he thought chew his lip a bit as he tapped his truncheon. Shrugged his pulled the slugthrower rifle and moved over to the others to see what needed to be done still before they head onward

(OoC: I think I'll use the 10 xp for the Quick Strike Talent, also how do you use the note function? I was going to put the part in blue as a note but I horks that up.)
Last edited October 17, 2015 4:45 pm
Oct 17, 2015 1:27 pm
It remains shortly before mid-day -- you set off in the morning from the capitol city and it only took a few hours to get up to this part of the mountain.

(OOC: No clue how to use the notes function. :))
Oct 17, 2015 2:51 pm
Not pleased with how Kaveri's wounds appear after tending to them with the medpack Csillag shakes her head. "This just isn't working." Closing her eyes and focusing as Romund had taught her to those many years ago, Csillag calls on the power of The Force to tend to Kaveri.

OOC: If I understand her Force Skill correctly, this simply heals three wounds (Csillag's INT score).
Oct 17, 2015 3:07 pm
Kaveri feels quite a bit more like herself. Kaveri heals 3 wounds - I think this takes Kaveri to down 1 wound only. With the party feeling relatively back to normal with some minor scratches -- what is your plan?
Oct 17, 2015 4:53 pm
"We should get going in case the sounds of battle attract more to our location" Heyop stated looking around the area, "It seems they're expects us or at least someone in the area... With out GK (Gate Keeper) around for intel updates I guess we'll just need to press on and try and stay covert. Although we may be up against hunters they are a real threat. Lets spread out a bit on the way up, I wouldn't want to get ambushed... that seems unsurprisingly effective. Hopefully he'll meetup with us later with some updates." Heyop stated looking to the row of bodies before moving to the north when the rest were ready.

(OoC: We know what locals look like now in the snow and we can see the path ahead, if I need to make a stealth or survival path for a covered/covert route let me know. I'm ready to head out when the rest have packed up or gotten something they wanted from the fallen.)
Oct 18, 2015 7:12 am
Kaveri nods her thanks to Csillag, then stands up, ready to continue down the path toward the ancient temple's location.
Oct 18, 2015 2:39 pm
Csillag nods in agreement with Heyop, "Let's be on our way then..."
Oct 18, 2015 3:10 pm
Dagger falls in behind the rest of the group. His hatred of this dark side corruption grows a little more after that battle.
Oct 18, 2015 4:50 pm
You move north along the well-worn path out of the ruins. A small copse of trees crowds in around you as you move forward -- but everything seems quiet -- as if even the birds and wildlife sense that something is afoot in the valley and they have moved on for now. A gentle breeze passes through the evergreen trees that predominate at this altitude, but outside of the silent creepiness, nothing untoward occurs as you pass through and continue on the path. The path curves around a steep cliff leading into a protected bowl along the northwestern shore of the lake. As you come around the northern end of the bowl, you see the temple resting on the summit of a steep cliff above you. A glimmering waterfall crashes from the temple grounds and into a deep chasm separating you from the trail up to the temple.

Spanning the chasm is a tall arched bridge of wooden beams, a sturdy-looking but primitive structure met at each end by a rude trail. Tucking into the cover of the trees, you see a pair of one-horned Advozse mercenaries stands guard at the near side of the bridge. Another set is on the far side. You'll need to find some way across the bridge to reach the temple.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/forceanddestiny/FAD-bridge.png

OOC: The party is "due left" of the bridge tucked into the ^ or chevron of the trees north of the trail (about 1" to the right of the edge of the picture) before it turns east. You are not yet aware of any way across other than the bridge (despite the helpful map!)
Oct 18, 2015 10:37 pm
Heyop sucks his teeth and growls softly seeing the Advozse mercenaries. "I think we need to find out if there are more in the area... another good ambush spot or good vantage points to take them all out with a few shots at once. This close to the temple though if we get into a fight we don't know how many more are going to come in droves." Heyop stated aloud but in a controled tone. "I didn't think it would come in handy before but I guess coming off my shift might have been a good thing to come on this trip." Heyop adds fishing out a small thin disc of camo paint.

(OoC: Trying to find out everyone elses thoughts, stealth around using camo paint to figure out what's going on, take the guards out, see what's on the bridge and around it, also if the slugthrower has a sight could I look through it for a better picture of them and what's going on or is it iron sights?)
Oct 18, 2015 11:26 pm
"How about a diversion? One or two of us pose as hunters, try and draw the guards from the bridge. We say we saw a group of hunters get taken down, and we need their help", Dagger offers. He's run this gambit quite often in the cities, but how much different could it be here? He remembers the words Hethan offered him in the past.

"Remember Drist...", she started.

"Dagger", he quickly interjected.

She let out a small sigh and continued, "Dagger. Though it may seem avoidance or confrontation are the only methods around a problem, that is too binary. The best solutions live in the rainbow of hues, not in just black or white."

If only she were here now.
Last edited October 18, 2015 11:27 pm
Oct 19, 2015 12:05 am
"A diversion may just work; maybe one where we all remain hidden." Reaching into her robe Csillag produces a frag grenade. "I'd hate to waste this on a diversion but I'd be surprised if they didn't react in some way to a small explosion coming from the woods."

Feeding off of Remnant's idea she continues, "Anyone know if we can set this to go off remotely? Leave it behind, sneak up close to the bridge, and make our move when this goes off." Quickly realizing that she's just a bit out of her element she adds, "That's if you all think it might work...".
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.