1.0 - The Rescue of Hethan Romund

load previous
Oct 14, 2015 8:15 pm
Kaveri finishes exhaling after her shot. She turns slightly and takes a bead on Chiilak, taking a long inhale while aiming. Then she exhales and pulls the trigger.

OOC: I assumed 1 difficulty die for short range again. If that was correct, then it's 5 success, which translates to 14 damage (9+1/success)
Last edited October 14, 2015 8:18 pm

Rolls

Firing blaster rifle at Chiilak

5 Success, 3 Advantage, 2 Threat

Total: 5 Success, 1 Advantage

Oct 14, 2015 8:36 pm
"Mind your footing and get inside his range on that longarm!" Heyop barked out to Dagger before drawing down at his quarry again setting his holdout blaster to stun. With Kaveri dropping the hunters to twitches piles they could probably start stunning the rest with non-lethal damage… if he could hit.

Better prep in case there’s a charge. he thought to himself.

(From my advantage before I’ll give Dagger a boost dice and myself as well; I’m aiming and shooting Bantha then using my Quickdraw talent from Ataru Striker as an incidental to draw my Truncheon; Edit: I'll use the net advantage this time around to heal my strain)
Last edited October 14, 2015 8:37 pm

Rolls

Pew pew with a holdout pistol Ranged - Light 1 + Aiming + 1 Boost Dice from my prior advantage

4 Success, 2 Advantage, 1 Threat

Total: 4 Success, 1 Advantage

Bantha has cover from Heyop.

Oct 14, 2015 8:57 pm
Acklay still a bit miffed that he's being engaged with a Vibroknife swings his slugthrower like a club at Dagger and narrowly misses, due in part to the awkward position Dagger finds himself in. Certain that being this close to a guy with a vibroknife is a bad idea, the hunter dis-engages by taking a few steps back and pulls around his rifle, taking careful aim for a follow-up shot.

Bantha swears he felt that bolt go right by his head. He quickly finds himself some cover against Heyop* and throws his long slughthrower atop the cover for some stability before firing off a shot at the brusque Mirialan. The shot goes wide and ricochets off of some ancient masonry behind Heyop.

Chiilak drops to his knee, takes aim and fires a shot off at Kaveri, figuring that the smoking hole in his colleague is indication enough of where and who the threat here really is. The slug slams into Kaveri's shoulder causing her blaster rifle to kick up slightly and smack the side of her head. Kaveri suffers 4 wounds (7 damage - 3 soak) and 2 strain

Dewback takes advantage that he's a bit quicker than Csillag and takes a shot at her before diving behind some cover. The crack of the rifle sounds and Csillag feels the slug bit into her hip as she sees Dewback find cover** behind a collapsed pillar. Csillag suffers 4 wounds (7 damage - 3 soak).

Csillag's hold-out blaster fires -- hitting Bantha with a glancing shot to his arm. The hunter winces against the pain, regretting the quality of his cover.

*OOC: I'm going to assume that Bantha's cover against Heyop will give cover against Dagger as well (determined by rolling). Csillag and Kaveri will have unobstructed shots due to positioning.

**Dewback's cover is pretty complete and manages to secure him cover against all of you.

Csillag - you have 2 advantage to spend and did 5 - 3 soak + 1 success = 3 damage against Bantha.

OOC: This ends the first turn. We have 3 player spots for initiative, then the NPCs, then the last player before the next turn. I under-calculated damage to Csillag and Kaveri - but since I didn't record the die rolls (and number of successes) we'll stick with the 4 wounds to each.
Oct 14, 2015 9:28 pm
Kaveri resettles her gun, aims carefully and drills a hole in the kneeling Chiilak who crumples to the ground, dead. His clothing shows scorch marks on either side of his chest, showcasing the devastating skill Kaveri has used to drop her target. Heyop's shot at the hunter behind cover is artful, sneaking through an undulation in the pitted stone to catch Bantha under the throat and knocks his head back and to the left before he sinks to the ground, unconscious with a bit of whiplash.

OOC: Kaveri has 1 advantage to spend. Heyop recovers 1 strain as stated. We have another character initiative slot before the NPCs have another go.
Oct 15, 2015 12:30 am
Dropping to her knees as a slug finds her hip Csillag grimaces as she once again takes aim at her target. Determined to finish him off she pulls the trigger...
Last edited October 15, 2015 12:31 am

Rolls

Second Verse, Same as the First.(Attack)

1 Success, 3 Advantage, 1 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 2 Advantage

Oct 15, 2015 12:50 am
With Csillag's original target stunned by Heyop, she pivots to get a shot off on the hunter threatening Dagger (known here as Acklay). Her shot goes wide, the pain of the slug causing her aim to falter despite the extra effort she put in to get a clean shot. Despite the miss, it grazes the hunter's ear and he is clearly rattled.

Acklay, a little freaked out by the near miss with a hold out blaster fires off a quick shot at Dagger with his slugthrower, having regained range to bring the rifle to bear. The shot misses Dagger -- but strikes his vibroknife, shooting it out of his hand. It lands a few feet away, oscillating briefly back and forth as its blade digs into the frozen ground.

Dewback remains convinced that the woman with the blaster rifle is the big problem here and takes aim before firing another shot her direction. He luckily wings the arm from the previously injured shoulder and Kaveri drops her rifle to the ground. Kaveri also takes 8 - 3 soak = 5 damage.

OOC: I used the 2 advantage to cause Csillag's target to take a setback die. Dagger needs to go and we can get into the next round (3 PCs, NPCs, PC)
Oct 15, 2015 5:10 am
Dagger, is already drawing his holdout blaster when his Vibroknife is flung from his hand. He staggers but catches his footing again and lets a shot fly at Acklay. The shot is devastatingly accurate.

[ OOC: My maneuver was to draw my other weapon, then action was to attack. I think I have the 4 green for my gun, since I don't have Ranged(light) it's just 4 green for my agility. Plus someone said they gave me a boost dice. Plus I had a setback dice from last time. GM please correct my math if I'm wrong.

With 4 I'm going to crit with my weapon. With the other 1 advantage I'll grant the next allied character a boost dice.

EDIT: Looks like the result is 81, which is Winded: Until the end of the encounter, the target cannot voluntarily suffer strain to activate any abilities or gain additional maneuvers. It's an Average (2 black) severity. Unsure what that means. ]

GM: Thanks! Short range adds a purple die though -- so I'll add that in and ignore the additional black die (and get the same result!). In this encounter a critical hit means the target is down (either unconscious or killed).
Last edited October 15, 2015 5:38 am

Rolls

Holdout Blaster Fire

2 Success, 7 Advantage, 1 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 6 Advantage

Forgot short range fire adds another negative

1 Threat

Total: 1 Threat

Percentile for Critical Hit table - (1d100)

(81) = 81

1 Threat

Total: 1 Threat

Oct 15, 2015 1:45 pm
Dagger recovers beautifully after being disarmed by the hunter, and catches his footing with a spin and a flourish. The hold out blaster comes out of its holster into his hand, almost as if it were summoned from hyperspace. Light flashes as the blaster bolt reaches out and catches the hunter in the eye. The hunter's slugthrower flies off to his right, his arms flailing as he falls backwards to the ground, dead.

OOC: We're back to a new round. 3 PC turns. Who's next (and whomever that is, add a boost die to your roll). Remember that Dewback has cover, so also add a Setback die.
Oct 15, 2015 3:53 pm
"Last one!" Heyop barked rushing the entrenched survivor. With the last one in decent cover he had little option in his mind for a short. So he charged the position hoping to either finish the fight quickly or pull him into the open to be put down by ranged fire. On the run his hand slap his blaster into his holster rushing the final enemy, with both hands brandishing the weapon he came down on the hunter his voice now guttural emitting a primal grunt as he swung.

(OoC: Using the Quickdraw Talent to stow my blaster as an incidental and swinging Disorient 2 goes off with a Trucheon supposedly on a success hit so let's hope I don't whiff. Damage is my Brawn (3) +2 Since I hit Disorient gives him +1 setback die per level of Disorient.)
Last edited October 15, 2015 3:54 pm

Rolls

Melee Attack (Brawn 3, Rank 0, 1 setback dice, 1 boost die)

3 Success, 3 Advantage, 1 Failure

Total: 2 Success, 3 Advantage

Oct 15, 2015 4:33 pm
Dewback's eyes widen as some crazy being starts charging him swinging a mean looking stick. Heyop's charge brings him sliding over the collapsed pillar swinging the truncheon into Dewback's torso. Dewback grunts as the blow bruises a rib or two.

OOC: Damage to Dewback is 3 + 2 + 1 (un-cancelled success) = 6 - 3 soak = 3.
Oct 15, 2015 4:46 pm
(OoC: For the advantage from my attack +1 Boost die option (1), If Disorient 2 needs a cost expenditure (It's not stated as such but activating a weapon quality seems to be something you can spend 1 advantage on so maybe it does and I didn't read it correctly) I'll use the rest on that to add 2 setback dice for Disorient 2, if it doesn't need to be purchased I'll use the last 2 Advantage to stack it up to 3 setback dice on him total... XD)
Oct 15, 2015 5:18 pm
OOC: Gotcha - once I get home I'll read a bit about it and adjust. My guess is, though that Kaveri or Dagger or Csillag will drop him before he gets to have a Setback die. ;)
Oct 15, 2015 6:00 pm
(OOC: Did somebody call?)

Kaveri grunts in pain, surprise, and irritation. She scoops up her rifle, uses her 1 Advantage to regain 1 Strain, and fires at Dewback (the only vicious hunter left standing, and the one that just shot her).

(The die pool is: 4 AGL, 1 Ranged (Heavy) skill (which translates as 1 yellow proficiency die, 3 green ability dice), 1 purple difficulty die for short range, and 1 black setback die for cover. Correct? If so, it works out to 12 damage.)

GM Edit: Upgrading purple to red and adding a boost die.

Looks like the red die rolled the same as purple (2 threat). So no additional items taken off. The boost adds 1 success and 1 advantage netting you out at 4 success and 1 advantage.
Last edited October 15, 2015 6:01 pm

Rolls

Shooting dewback like mynocs in a barrel

4 Success, 2 Advantage, 1 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 3 Success

Boost from Heyop and Engaged upgrade difficulty by 1

1 Success, 1 Advantage, 2 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 1 Threat

Oct 15, 2015 7:31 pm
OOC - Since he's engaged with Heyop there may be another difficulty die. I'll double check when I get home. Even if there is, you'll still hit and do plenty of damage. There's only risk if you have to add 2 difficulty dice, and only then if the rolls are particularly bad.
Oct 15, 2015 7:58 pm
(OoC: Plus the boost dice I added.)
Oct 15, 2015 11:57 pm
OOC - Ok. Looks like we upgrade purple to red and add Remnant's boost die.
Oct 16, 2015 12:10 am
Kaveri's shot skirts easily past Heyop and slams into the hunter, flinging him back. Silence descends upon the ruins once more with only the labored breathing of the wounded heroes and the unconscious hunter echoing off of the stones. You find yourselves in the ruins with 4 corpses and an unconscious local. To the north you can still see the temple some distance away. A path continues north from the ruins through a small copse of trees north along the sizable mountain lake to the east.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/forceanddestiny/FFG-ruin-zoom-out.png

Kaveri and Csillag are wounded while -- thank the Force -- the brash Heyop and brasher Dagger appear to have come out unscathed.

OOC: Combat cadence is now over. What do you do?
Oct 16, 2015 12:32 am
Dagger retrieves the vibroknife from the ground. "We should continue on, no doubt Hethan is still in danger", he says, the he looks at the others, "Are you alright?"

He sheaths his dagger and holsters his holdout blaster back inside of his robes.
Oct 16, 2015 7:25 am
"I've been shot." Kaveri groans. "Twice." She uses one of her stimpacks, injecting herself in the arm. She takes a long, ragged breath as relief washes through her system and her wounds close a bit. "If one of you has a medpac, I could use some treatment."

(OOC: Checking to make sure I've got this correct: at the end of the fight, Kaveri was down 1 strain and 9 wounds, with a threshold of 12 for both. Using the stimpack, she recovers 4 wounds, reducing her wounds down to 5. At the end of the encounter, she recovered her PRE in strain (2), so she's back to 0 strain. A medicine check from someone with a medpac would roll one difficulty die (wounds are less than half my threshold), while a medicine check without a medpac would roll two difficulty dice.

Edit: per Remnant's correction, Kaveri recovered 5 wounds with the application of the stimpack, not 4.
Last edited October 16, 2015 3:59 pm
Oct 16, 2015 12:49 pm
With combat over and the adrenaline fading Heyop’s snarling still in an open gapping mouth behind his cloth mask he took in air and looked to his companions and the situation. Dagger wanted to press on and Kaveri comment made the Mirialan realize maybe they had been a bit too brash in their ambush. Finally taking the second to catch his breath he closed his eyes and exhaled a wisp of air escaping through his mask into the cold climate.

"My apologies, I’m usually use to doing things on my own. Talking to others in a civil manner for the most part is something I’m out of practice with as well. So I take partial responsibility for your injures so you have my apologies… the keeper is correct in that if we’re going to rescue Romund we’ll need to work more as a team… " admitted his face rigid after his self-appraisal behind his head garb and his jaw set as he his gaze set on the fact two were injured in the ambush, "Dagger if you can help them get situated I’ll make sure the unconscious one is disarmed and restrained the best I can… I have no medical kit but I can search the dead and see what they can provide us."

Heyop would busy himself with getting the unconscious situated first and then go over the dead to give them a once over for possible supplies, closing their eyes and saying a silent prayer for the fallen once he had them situated together out of the elements he’d check on the rest to see what they needed and take stock of what he found.

(OoC: FYI this is long, I don’t know the ins and out of being knocked out with Stun but it I’ll remove his longarm and give him a pat down for gear, cut some of his or his companions garments to bind him if I think it’s needed to restrain him then drag him under an overhang if I can find one out of the direct weather basically in case he’s out for a while he’ll be out of the weather. I’ll drag the dead into another area if one is available close their eyes and search them, don’t know if wearing their outgarb would be helpful for additional armor or camouflage in the area. Also don’t know what I’d do to search, if I need a atheletic or brawn check to do the manual labor or take some strain I’m okay with that so let me know).

(OoC: I thought Stimpacks work up to five times before you're saturated? First healing 5 next healing 4 etc till you inject a six one which doesn't do anything to heal you since you're pretty hopped up on juice at that point)
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.