1.0 - The Rescue of Hethan Romund

load previous
Oct 23, 2015 4:42 pm
Csillag tears off towards the bridge and Kaveri turns at the noise and runs as well. Both of them make good time, but are about 30 meters from the west end of the bridge when they spot Dagger on the bridge, attempting to fire one of the slugthrowers he picked up from the hunters. They see Heyop right on Dagger's heels, as he ducks behind a pillar and levels his slugthrower. Of the two mercenaries from this side of the bridge, there is no sign. Which is kind of weird. In the far distance, they can see two other mercenaries -- one standing, one kneeling, wielding their blaster pistols menacingly.

Dagger's slugthrower simply doesn't wish to cooperate. It belches slightly and kicks in his hands as it fires, striking one of the pillars towards the end of the bridge, causing small chips of wood to go flying and floating aimlessly down into the rushing stream below. Unlike Dagger, Heyop's aim seems a bit more on-target as his slugthrower barks its projectile down the length of the bridge and into the standing mercenary. The mercenary takes the hit, but his blast vest helps keep him standing.

Heyop's target -- the standing mercenary -- aims carefully back at Heyop and fires a shot with his blaster pistol. The shot skims the pillar that Heyop is hiding behind and nicks him in a puff of wood and smoke. Heyop takes 2 wounds.

The kneeling mercenary also aims and shoots, but at Dagger. He's feeling slightly better that although this guy can apparently throw people off of bridges, he can't hit the side of a bantha with a rifle. Or so he thinks, anyway. However, his cockiness gets the better of him and the shot goes wide -- but just barely. Dagger is fairly certain he felt the heat of that bolt as it streaks past and buries itself into a tree a few meters in front of Csillag with a flare of sparks.

OOC: Next round. Players then NPCs.

Rolls

Standing mercenary shoots at Heyop. Aim boost, cover Setback. Medium range.

4 Success, 3 Advantage, 3 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 1 Advantage

Kneeling mercenary shoots at Dagger. Aim boost, Heyop's setback, medium range.

2 Success, 2 Advantage, 2 Failure, 2 Threat

Oct 23, 2015 5:18 pm
Dagger steadied himself and aims down the barrel of the gun again. He fired another shot towards the kneeling guard.

Finally! I hit the broad side of a barn! 9 damage!
Last edited October 23, 2015 5:32 pm

Rolls

Heavy Ranged (Agility) + Aim. Negatives for cumbersome and distance.

3 Success, 3 Advantage, 1 Failure, 3 Threat

Total: 2 Success

Oct 24, 2015 10:02 am
Heyop's intake of air is a bit longer than he expected as the pain hits him as he grinds his teeth. $#*!... Oh... you two want to play huh? Heyop thought to himself his lip curling taking aim now that he's in position to shoot from a better vantage. His breathing is held and he slowly squeezes the trigger.

(OoC: Taking a moment to aim and taking a shot on the same one since it's always better to share the pain.)

EDIT: Advantage spending (5): Heal up one strain (1), I'd like to give them both a set back dice (2 advantage each) (3,5).

GM note: The way I read Quickstrike is it's a bonus per encounter, versus round -- but since both your dice are equal, I'll just ignore one of the boost dice. As a result, I'll (unless you say otherwise) hand the next player roll a boost die rather than delivering a setback die to a random one of the mercenaries due to losing one advantage.
Last edited October 24, 2015 10:10 am

Rolls

Ranged-Heavy Check from Medium Range (Agi 3, Aiming, Using Quickstrike since I go first)

4 Success, 5 Advantage, 2 Failure

Total: 2 Success, 5 Advantage

Oct 24, 2015 1:56 pm
OOC Note: Csillag and Kaveri are 1 maneuver away from 'long' range. I know Kaveri has a weapon that can hit at that range, so I won't assume she's continuing to run. Csillag doesn't, so I'd assume Csillag would keep running full out, which would put her 1 maneuver away from medium range. Let me know if I'm assuming incorrectly.
Oct 24, 2015 4:48 pm
Kaveri continues to run until she can take cover behind a pillar and will then take a bead on any guard still standing.
Oct 24, 2015 5:02 pm
Ok. It's long range, so it's 3 difficulty dice if you want to get to 'long' and fire. If you want to keep closing, let me know.
Oct 24, 2015 6:29 pm
Running towards the bridge at top speed, Csillag will continue until she's in range to use her holdout blaster.
Oct 24, 2015 8:40 pm
Dagger manages to hold on to the slugthrower as it kicks and sends a slug into the kneeling mercenary. While Heyop's shot lays his target flat, blaster pistol clattering to the ground. Csillag keeps up the speed, holdout blaster in hand, and crosses past the edge of the bridge and is about halfway to Dagger and Heyop.

(OOC: I'll wait on Kaveri depending on whether or not she stops at long range and shoots (with a roll) or continues closing the distance).
Oct 25, 2015 9:11 pm
(OOC: In order to keep things moving, I'm going to go with the spirit of Kaveri's expressed intent).

Kaveri reaches the end of the bridge and rushes up against a pillar, she snaps around and lines up a shot with her blaster rifle, intending to take down the last of the mercenaries. Her shot lands on the mercenary's shoulder and spins him to the left where he sprawls to the ground -- and no longer moves.

(OOC: We're out of combat now -- back into narrative mode. What next?)

Rolls

Kaveri's long distance shot with a blaster rifle. Ranged (Heavy)

4 Success, 3 Advantage, 1 Failure, 4 Threat

Total: 3 Success, 1 Threat

Heyop's boost die

1 Success, 1 Advantage

Total: 1 Success, 1 Advantage

Oct 25, 2015 9:14 pm
(OoC: Since the setback dice was switched out to a booster dice for the next ally check would Kaveri get that? If not would someone else be able to use it to check us over for injuries?)

Response: Ohyah.. modified. :)
Last edited October 25, 2015 9:18 pm
Oct 25, 2015 9:17 pm
Heyop stalks forward still scanning the area walking in a semi crouched manner towards the other side of the bridge his slugthrower still up and ready to shoot, he checks the bodies after kicking the blaster's away from the body and signals the others to come over since they're down and unarmed. If they're KO'd check them for items and I'll probably notice the blasters position while checking them.

"Everyone okay?" Heyop would mutter while taking stock and inventory of the situation still scanning the area as well.
Oct 25, 2015 11:45 pm
Dagger checks himself over and sees no damage. "Well. I, uh, did not foresee that going as it did. I...", he looks back at the rest of the group, "...I'm sorry. It would seem we are not in the cities and my tactics were wreckless...although effective", he says, looking at the two bodies and back to the other end of the bridge where the first two fell.

Dagger will look for equipment as well and then may rest a moment and distribute XP. How much did that reckless stunt earn?
Last edited October 25, 2015 11:47 pm
Oct 25, 2015 11:56 pm
Seeing things appear to be under control Csillag breaks out of her sprint and jogs over to Dagger and Heyop.

"So much for a distraction then."
Oct 26, 2015 12:00 am
"That's one word for how that went down. You wouldn't believe what happened to the first two even if I told you", Dagger replies.
Oct 26, 2015 1:28 am
Taking a quick glance around Csillag takes a body count and notices a few of the guards appear to be missing. Shaking her head slightly she looks back at Dagger and chuckles, "I'm not even going to ask."
Oct 26, 2015 2:21 am
The mercenaries are each carrying -- or were in the cast of their Blaster Pistols -- a blaster pistol, a vibroknife and a comlink. Given two of the mercenaries are being carried downstream as you speak, there are only two of each available. The blaster pistols of each of the mercenaries are near to hand lying on the ground.

(OOC: Dagger - there was 10 XP awarded earlier, but that's it so far. FFG seems a little stingy on XP, wanting ~several encounters before awarding ~10 XP). I'm still learning how I'd like to balance it -- but for now if you haven't taken that 10 before, you have 10 pending.
Oct 26, 2015 3:56 am
Dagger, sits and practices flourishes with his vibroknife. Having failed with this device multiple times he is determined to increase his skills enough to make it a viable last resort. He also grabs one of the comlinks and sits listening to it silently to see if he can hear any activity.

Training my melee skill. Costs me 10 XP to get first rank since it isn't a career or subtalent skill.
Last edited October 26, 2015 3:57 am
Oct 26, 2015 7:18 am
Kaveri crosses the rest of the bridge to join the others and inspects their surroundings, trying to get a sense of the best way to proceed to rescue Hethan.

Rolls

Perception

1 Success, 4 Advantage

Total: 1 Success, 4 Advantage

Oct 26, 2015 12:44 pm
Heyop checks the pistols that had clattered to the ground for usability still. They were better than what he was using. Pulling his holdout pistol he tucked it into his boot blousing his pants over it. Putting one of the Blaster Pistols in his holster he put down the Slug Thrower, it was most going to be dead weight he figured for him.

"You probably shouldn't ask... if things had gone bad we would have had to explain to Romund when we save her how Dagger got injured in this rescue attempt. That's not something I really want to burden her with if we can help it." Heyop chastised Dagger before quick drawing the new pistol to get a feel for it. With a sigh he continued, "I'm not here to bust your ball man... but if we're going to rescue her I do realize time is of the essence but we need to be going able to maintain at 100% for when we face this guy who brought her here... Lets take a moment and we can press after that... Am I still bleeding?" Heyop added standing and turning this way and that trying to figure out if the wet/warm feeling was sweat or blood.

(OoC: I'm mostly ready to go after we recover strain or if Csillag wants to look at my wound, if it's minor rubs some mud on it and we're good to go
Oct 26, 2015 10:01 pm
"Are you wounded, Heyop? Didn't even notice. Let me take a look..."

Csillag will use her Force Heal to heal three of Heyop's wounds.

"How's that? If you need some more treatment just let me know and I'll break out the medpack."
Last edited October 26, 2015 10:02 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.