1.0 - The Rescue of Hethan Romund

load previous
Nov 2, 2015 4:39 pm
Kaveri whispers to Csillag: "It looks like maybe they can't get through. I just want to check the Force, then we should go back and get them."

Then she moves ahead into the Antechamber, going up close to the northern door, and will reach out to the Force to see if she can sense anything other than the Dark Side of the Force. She reaches out to the Light Side of the Force and feels for other life forms in the area (other side of the door, other side of the rockfall...?).
Last edited November 2, 2015 4:40 pm

Rolls

Force points to consider using sense power

2 White Force Points

Nov 2, 2015 7:06 pm
Heyop takes a look around, with Dagger looking gingerly over his head. It looks like whatever used to be part of this corridor fell to the ground and was blown or rolled west to block a doorway. The gaps are few and far between -- but it appears there's a pretty sizable room through that debris. As to jumping across the gap -- it's a good 6 meters. Unfortunately with the way the corridor is angled, there's no real opportunity to build up the speed necessary to do a solid long jump over the distance. That means, in the end, probably climbing down and up. Climbing down seems easy enough -- it's 3-4 meters down. Climbing up looks like it'll be a bit trickier, but doable. The underground passageway to the west dims quickly due to a lack of light and seems to turn a corner.

Kaveri moves forward to the door and reaches out with her mind -- the Force surges and responds. She easily picks up the warm, diffuse light that is Csillag nearby and at the very edges of her awareness she senses the presence of a handful of beings. Due to the distance, the taste -- or sense -- of these beings is very faint, but it doesn't have the rancid, cold feeling of the dark side. If Malefax is that direction, he is not nearby at this time.
Nov 2, 2015 7:23 pm
Dagger eyes the gap with Heyop and realizes there is only one way to go and flips down to the floor below. When down and standing he flips on the glow rod again.
Last edited November 2, 2015 7:24 pm

Rolls

Coordination (Agility)

3 Success, 2 Advantage

Total: 3 Success, 2 Advantage

Nov 2, 2015 7:40 pm
Heyop follows Dagger down moving from a squatting position to a hanging position to drop down below. Looking around to see what the new light source provides here they may not have noticed before.

Rolls

Coodination to scramble down (Agi 3 Rank 1)

2 Success, 1 Advantage

Total: 2 Success, 1 Advantage

Perception for Glowlight area (Cun 2 Rank 1)

3 Success, 1 Advantage

Total: 3 Success, 1 Advantage

Nov 2, 2015 7:54 pm
Kaveri rejoins Csillag, turns on her comlink, and describes to Dagger and Heyop where they are and that there are people nearby.
Nov 2, 2015 9:32 pm
Kaveri and Csillag make out a light moving around behind the rubble to the east as Heyop and Dagger alight upon the floor and look around. As to the men, there's nothing particularly new and exciting from this vantage point than from the they previously enjoyed. The passageway clearly continues to the east and curves around to the north. The west is blocked by rubble that appears no more movable from here than before. And ahead of you to the north a clamber up the wall looks doable to get back into the corridor you were in, just without having to jump the gap.

A climb up - either where you came from, or ahead - is an average task and will requires two purple dice.
Nov 2, 2015 9:37 pm
Dagger, leading the way attempts a scramble up the wall.

[ OOC: Can I do this in any way to leverage my agility instead of brawn? I'll roll both, you take what you think is right. ]

Rolls

Agility

4 Success, 1 Advantage

Total: 4 Success, 1 Advantage

Brawn

2 Advantage

Total: 2 Advantage

Difficulty

1 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 1 Failure, 2 Threat

Nov 2, 2015 11:54 pm
There didn't seem to be that much in the way of further clues really and their path was being steered a certain way. Heyop watched as Dagger attempted to shimmy up the wall.

(OoC: I figure it's an athletics check since climbing up would be all upper body, considering I saw Dagger with the Slug Thrower Rifle I'll wait to see if he manages it up. If he fails to climb up I can try to maybe give him a boost or something... unless he's like 90 lbs wet in which case maybe I can carry him on my back?)
Nov 3, 2015 3:55 am
Dagger manages to get about halfway up the climb before sliding back down -- the going is just tough enough that he finds making it up to the corridor rough going. The comms chime softly as Kaveri reaches out.

OOC: Heyop can assist Dagger - if so, y'all should own that narrative. The roll will be 3 green + 2 purple.
Nov 3, 2015 4:50 am
Dagger feels as though he starts to get a good handle on the climb just as his footing slips and he tumbles back down. Looking slightly embarrassed he turns to Heyop, seeing he is trying not to laugh. "Just get over here and give me a boost", he says, trying not to let his embarrassment register on his face.
Last edited November 3, 2015 4:51 am
Nov 3, 2015 5:12 am
Heyop watched impartial at first but after a while started to shake his head his chest and shoulders shaking as he stifled a quiet laugh. "I can give you a boost up but that'll only get you so far Dagger..." started in before reminding himself Dagger wasn't a soldier he could yell him into competency, "It's nice to know even you can see things you're not good at, once you have a good hold with your hands find someplace to place your feet and hold your weight on it while you find a hand hold with one arm and pull yourself up to it, always grip with the other hand and make sure it's a firm hold that can support your weight. Take your time and don't rush it or you'll come tumbling down and I won't be here to catch you. I think the ladies are calling in for a status." Heyop finally advised with his back to the stone he squatted as he threaded fingers together for Dagger to get a boot into. Hopefully half lift half tossing him up the wall would be a good start. After this was all over and they had a bit of time to recoup Heyop would think about drilling some basic strength exercises into him.

Once Dagger was on the wall Heyop would attempt to find his own way up so he could call in his status to the other team.

(OoC: I'll let Dagger make the roll for himself with the assist.)

Edit: I'll spend the threat as wounds, Dagger not knowing sometimes his feet weren't on solid footing didn't noticed he was slipping since I was pushing him upwards will holding on myself up.
Last edited November 3, 2015 5:15 am

Rolls

Rock Climbing (Brawn 3 Rank 0)

2 Success, 3 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 3 Threat

Nov 3, 2015 2:24 pm
Dagger tries again with Heyops help to scramble up to the corridor above.

Rolls

Rock Climbing

3 Success, 3 Threat

Total: 3 Success, 3 Threat

Nov 3, 2015 6:27 pm
Heyop gets at least one foot in the face and one on the top of his head -- with bits of gravel stuck in the treads of Dagger's shoes acting as cleats. Wincing, he's nonetheless able to get Dagger up top only a little scratched and scuffled looking a little worse for wear.

Note that the threat should be strain rather than wounds. Why don't you both take 3 strain as part of the joy of climbing.
Nov 3, 2015 6:35 pm
Heyop breathing a bit heavier than he thought he'd be from this stood up fully finally getting his breath and fished his tongue around his mouth before spitting out a bit of gravel offered by Dagger's expert climbing. Heyop pulled his Commlink after hearing the ladies status and nodded before he gave them their own location looking around he was not climbing back down... He debated pushing Dagger off though. Once they figured their bearings he'd tap Daggers arm when they were ready to go.

(Oh I'll take the strain instead then. XD If we have time to I'd roll Cool if not the roll doesn't count.)

Rolls

Geh huff huff I hate the taste of gravel in the evening Cool check (pressence 3 Rank 1)

1 Success, 4 Advantage

Total: 1 Success, 4 Advantage

Nov 3, 2015 6:49 pm
Dagger brushes himself off and offers Heyop a slightly sheepish, "Thanks. How about we tell the ladies that we were jumped by ten guys?" he follows Heyop when they are ready to go.
Nov 3, 2015 8:05 pm
Dagger and Heyop now stand at the southern end of a corridor that stretches north for several meters before taking a left turn back towards the main body of the temple.

Alas -- unless you want to stay put for a few minutes, a Cool check would not be appropriate at this time for recovering strain. My mental sense of a strain recovery cooldown is something like 5-15 minutes of recentering/etc. I'll need to read up on that in the CRB.

I'll wait 'til you guys collectively figure out the plan to provide some more narrative.
Nov 3, 2015 8:28 pm
(OoC: Void it then I'll wait until we meet back up if we have time or wait for combat to start)

Scanning the area Heyop got back on his Commlink as he looked around. "We're in the main body of the temple... If Malefax is doing all this I can see why the Gatekeeper wanted him out..." he stated looking around at the ready as they pressed forward.

(OoC: Let me know if I need perception tests or anything... Yaaay we didn't have to climb back down!)
Nov 4, 2015 4:26 am
The corridor, north, is about 2-3 meters wide and lined in faded red tile on the outer edges. On the left after about 4 meters, a series of four large pensive seated Jedi statues line the wall. 12 meters beyond that, the corridor ends in a wall -- and a sealed door -- and otherwise opens to the left. Heyop and Dagger peer cautiously around the corner and see the looming pillars of the Assembly Hall of the Temple.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/forceanddestiny/assembly-1.jpg

The Assembly Hall is lit by brilliant shafts of sunlight from above. From their vantage point they can see 4 pillars in a curve that stake out the boundary of a wide balcony which is split by water rushing pure and quickly off the ledge into a pool below. Oddly the sound of the moving water isn't disruptive -- it's peaceful and meditative. The same red accents in the floor appear bordering the channel of water which is about a meter across.

Well past the Assembly Hall another corridor is visible on the opposite side. Heyop and Dagger wonder if that's where, perhaps, Csillag and Kaveri have gotten themselves off to. But they are both mindful, nonetheless, that they cannot make out where their colleagues are just yet. Briefly, they catch sight of an Advozse mercenary walking, on patrol at the end of that far corridor as he turns south -- perhaps towards the women.

(OOC: Csillag and Kaveri are just below the "small room" in the lower left of this picture.")
Nov 4, 2015 5:48 am
Dagger signals Heyop that there is another person out ahead. Pointing towards the corridor with the mercenary. He draws his Blaster Pistol and sneaks his way out to the first pillar above the pond. Trying to put it between himself and the mercenary.

Rolls

Stealth (Agility)

5 Success

Total: 5 Success

Opposed roll.

2 Threat

Total: 2 Threat

Nov 4, 2015 7:16 am
Kaveri looks at Csillag: "Somehow they got ahead of us; it was probably them that I sensed with the Force. Come on, let's see if we can catch up...carefully!"

Kaveri will head back into the antechamber, go to the northern door, and peek quickly around the corner to get a quick glimpse at what's there.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.