1.0 - The Rescue of Hethan Romund

load previous
Oct 27, 2015 3:23 am
Heyop is not necessarily still bleeding, but the blaster wound is quite visible in his shoulder. Csillag serenely reaches out to Heyop and he feels the power of the Living Force infuse him after a few moments. When they pass -- he feels hale and hearty again -- bolstered by the Force. Not far from them, Dagger is practicing with his vibroknife and not hearing much pass on the comlinks. For whatever reason, it appears that the guards are not talkative types. Kaveri stands a little apart from the rest, looking around. She notices that the path continues about 100 meters or so then splits ahead with a left turn heading towards the north -- more or less in the direction of the temple.

With nothing else to occupy your immediate attention, you slowly and implicitly gather things up and head down the path, taking the left turn north. It leads to a series of steps carved into the mountain side that lead up to another steppe, from which the river falls under the bridge. It continues along the river and across the step for what appears to be the final ascent to the mountain. A series of switchbacks that disappear into a tunnel a few dozen meters below the temple.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/forceanddestiny/temple-climb.jpg

The going isn't particularly tough -- but it's still a bit of a walk that requires the better part of a half-hour to get to the entrance of the tunnel due to the continuing increase in elevation. It appears to lead behind the falling river that now clearly originates from the temple above. The tunnels seems... dark. Though sconces can be seen not far from the entrance -- as if to indicate that at one point artificial light was available. About 50 or 60 meters above you, you can make out the wall of the temple -- crumbling towards the eastern end directly above you. In the center of the wall there looks like some kind of obeslisk in the middle of the river -- which pours quickly around it and down the falls that the cave before you runs behind.

OOC: Dagger and Heyop add a blaster pistol (Ranged (Light)) to their inventory. Dagger adds a comlink, too. I think you both have dropped the rifles, as well?
Oct 27, 2015 1:37 pm
After offering Csillag thanks and a bit of a trek they found themselves looking at the entrance to a cave. "I guess we're pressing forward? Carefully this time?" Heyop stated moving forward unless someone wanted to scout ahead instead. If not he's moving to the first visible scone to see what's up with light sources in the caves.

(OoC: Let me know if you'd like a stealth check.)
Oct 27, 2015 10:01 pm
Csillag will follow Heyop as he moves towards the cave remaining about 10' behind.
Oct 28, 2015 2:17 am
The cave is quiet, a little damp and musty and quite dark. Peering in from the place of the first sconce -- you suspect you can get another 5-10 feet before you're encased in the pitch dark. The wall sconce itself seems about as old as anything else Heyop has laid eyes on. It's sort of miraculous it appears to continue to be stuck onto the wall. It might be something that could be coaxed back from the dead -- but it's quite difficult to ascertain at first glance.

Csillag remains back by the entrance to the cave whilst Heyop noses about.
Oct 28, 2015 2:41 am
Dagger fishes around in a large pocket inside of his concealing robes and produces 4 glowrods. "It's a good thing I snagged a pack of these on that last ship we took in. Figured they might come in handy." He clicks his on and shines it further down the hallway. He hands one to the other two people at the entrance to the cave, and then walks in to hand Heyop his.

He mutters under his breath as he walks, Hope the ship's captain won't miss these. Probably should have asked for them.

Flipping a light-side point to help us out here. :)
Last edited October 28, 2015 2:49 am
Oct 28, 2015 2:47 am
With Dagger's purloined glow rods the tunnel lights up quite nicely. Despite the rugged exterior, it looks well-crafted further in, if a bit worn by the years. It would seem that this was a Jedi temple that was long since abandoned well before the Empire. with the light, the tunnel no longer seems quite as foreboding as it once did.

The tunnel snakes straight and curves up and to the left, coming out into the sunlight once more on the far side of the temple, about halfway up from where you entered the cave. The path leads around the mountain, with an old stone bridge arching over the waterfall that originates from the temple. A short walk around the eastern side of the temple leads to a set of stairs that curve north, east and then back around to the plaza of the temple.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/forceanddestiny/temple-plaza.jpg

As you settle into the plaza the temple seems even larger than you first imagined it, its large stone arches and pillars crowned with snow. To your right, around a large pillar is a short flight of wide stairs leading into a natural grotto of some sort, while ahead of you is a large stone plaza. The temple itself is an imposing facade of stone, crumbling rock and the occasional cloaked statue that ancient Jedi appear to be so fond of in their work. Far across the plaza, you can easily make out the silhouette of a small door past on of those statues. Smack dab in the center of the temple is the main entrance -- and about 15-20 meters away on the eastern end of the temple, another small opening appears to lead inside.

This broad, stone plaza that you're on is lit by the warm spring sun -- and dozing in the sunlight at least 75 meters away is a small pack of four native predators. They appear to be large, four-legged mammals with powerful jaws and fangs. One stirs in its slumber, jostling a second, and suddenly there's a snarling, spitting, roaring and a crunch of bone and blood. Now there are only three. Clearly these animals are driven mad by the dark side of the Force. Getting past them, into the temple is your next challenge.
Oct 28, 2015 8:10 am
Kaveri will unsling her rifle and take careful aim; it's long range, but her heavy blaster rifle can shoot that far. She won't take a shot unless the monsters detect them and come running. "Those look pretty horrible, and they're between us and Hethan. Can any of you think of a way around them that doesn't involve fighting?"

Rolls

Firing (should it become necessary, with Aiming bonus die)

3 Success, 2 Advantage, 4 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Failure, 1 Advantage

Oct 28, 2015 11:57 am
Eyeing the secondary door Dagger immediately thinks of the cave entrance he so quickly disregarded before. We could attempt to sneak by and use that side entrance there." I draw my new blaster pistol and try stealthily move to the stone pillar near the animals while they slumber uneasily.

Trying to sneak behind the pillar that is just due east of the animals on the above map.
Last edited October 28, 2015 4:18 pm

Rolls

Stealth (Agility) Positive dice.

2 Success, 3 Advantage, 1 Triumph

Total: 2 Success, 3 Advantage, 1 Triumph

Oct 28, 2015 3:48 pm
With a raised eyebrow Heyop would watch Dagger's movements. Thoughts of influencing the emotions of the animals would wait, if one of them stirred from Dagger's creeping around the area and seemed like he would be noticed Heyop would attempt to try to use the force to influence a sense of calm in the creature. I'm hoping this ends well for a change... he thought to himself as he watched.

(OoC: I thought we were the red circle on the map.)

Rolls

If needed for the influence roll.

1 Black Force Point

Oct 28, 2015 3:52 pm
Remnant says:
(OoC: I thought we were the red circle on the map.)
Correct.
Oct 28, 2015 9:48 pm
Not thinking that her holdout blaster would be of any use at this range Csillag will instead check on her medical equipment. She has a feeling Dagger may be needing some care as she watches him slowly make his way towards the creatures.
Oct 29, 2015 12:01 am
The party tenses as, once more, Dagger moves forward into the fray. He easily moves within short range of the slumbering predators and on a whim, tosses a small handful of rocks at them before ducking back behind the pillar. Aroused and angered by the rocks, the three wolf-like creatures turn on one another and the fur and blood flies and you watch as before you the beasts proceed to mortally wound each other. The "winner" of the battle half-collapses on the far side of the raised steps and tumbles down it to splash into the water. Based on the noise and bits of water, you surmise that it struggles to stay afloat as it heads towards the precipice not far away.

To the party's surprise, another pack of three of the predators appear at the entrance to the grotto -- having closed stealthily without you noticing. However the sight of potential prey triggers a power struggle amongst the three, and they are soon just two. Their business done, their turn their bloody maws at Heyop, Csillag and Kaveri, quite interested in the meals before them.

Players please roll Vigilance for initiative.

OOC: I took the lead on this triumph because I wanted to keep things progressing. In the future if you roll a triumph, feel free to work with me in the OOC thread or through notes or messages if you want to accomplish something suitably dramatic and awesome. A triumph is meant to be a pretty big deal, so use it well!

Rolls

Cool for wolf initiative

2 Success

Total: 2 Success

Oct 29, 2015 12:09 am
Csillag watches in stunned silence as Dagger's plan works to near perfection. "Wow!" she mutters before noticing the other creatures eyeing her.

Rolls

Vigilance

2 Success

Oct 29, 2015 2:39 am
Daggers silence and bewilderment is quite evident on his face. He wonders if this is the force acting on his behalf. First the bridge, now the animals. He remembers briefly after he followed one of his "plans" with Hethan.

"How? How did you do that, Dagger?", the tone almost worrisome, "He came at you with a vibroaxe, and somehow managed to fall on it, killing himself."

"I don't know", Dagger responds, looking around the room confused, "I'm more concerned about how him landing on his axe sent out blaster shots that took the other four guys down", he looks down at his unfired blaster.

"Well, whatever you did, don't stop doing it, c'mon, let's hurry", she says, running of down the alley, the look of worry not completely removed from her face.

Dagger snaps back to reality and sees his problem isn't over yet. His friends may need his help, or maybe just his dumb luck.

WHAT IN HOLY HELL IS GOING ON WITH ME!?! Lol. Dagger will just be slapsticking his way through stuff from now on. If it isn't broke don't fix it. I've taken out 6 enemies without a single wound.
Last edited October 29, 2015 2:41 am

Rolls

Vigilance (Willpower)

2 Success

Oct 29, 2015 3:16 am
Kaveri blinks in surprise at the outcome of Dagger's pebble toss, then shrugs and begins to ship her rifle...and then notices the creatures at her elbow.

Rolls

Vigilance

4 Success

Total: 4 Success

Oct 29, 2015 12:41 pm
Heyop doesn't bother to shake his head, Dagger might seem reckless in some things but as long as things kept working in his favor he probably wouldn't error on caution in his gamble. Hearing the signs of activity behind him he sighed internally, it figures this would happen to them. Granted it could be worse he could have one of the beast locked onto his arm dragging him around already... not that it was not an option still.

Rolls

Vigiliance Check (Rank 1 Wil 2)

1 Advantage

Total: 1 Advantage

Oct 29, 2015 3:01 pm
Initiative is 3 players, NPCs, 1 player. Feel free to post in arbitrary order (unless you want to coordinate). I will coordinate/modify the last player to post if they post before I post the NPC move.

Range to the wolves is Short for Kaveri, Heyop and Csillag (1 purple die).

Go!
Oct 29, 2015 3:23 pm
(OoC: Yes yes, Dagger's theme song is the opening from Highlander the TV Series.)

Heyop looks at the ladies with him and the predator's as they closed in. "Well we can't all be Dagger." he stated his hand blurring to his holster. An attempt to take down the beast before they pounced would be great. Dagger might be slowly warping reality around him but Heyop just had to have faith in his own ability.

(OoC: Using Quick Draw to pull as an incidental, Aiming, and using Quick Strike (Once per encounter before a target has acted this encounter, I'll assume they're at medium but if it's less just edit out one of the purples.)

Edit: Advantage spending (2) - (1) Heal 1 Strain (from my dark force roll), (2) give the next PC a blue boost die.
Double edit: Shooting with the Blaster Pistol since it was in my holster... I don't know how to shoot two guns at once. T-T
Last edited October 29, 2015 3:26 pm

Rolls

Ranged - Light (Agi 3 Rank 1 + Aiming + Quick Strike R1)

2 Success, 2 Advantage

Total: 2 Success, 2 Advantage

Oct 29, 2015 6:41 pm
Dagger, seeing all of his friends engaging with the beasts moves in to help. Hoping to get there soon enough to help. "I know one way to skin a cat", he says as his vibroknife is drawn, then he thinks a second, "Dog", he clarified as he runs off.

It makes sense for Dagger to go in the last slot since I was busy with the other creatures. So I'll take last slot voluntarily. I would also like to see if it's okay with the GM that I draw my knife as an incidental during my move maneuver. I'll also trade my action for a second move maneuver to get to medium range. I haven't put away my blaster pistol either so I'm moving in with both out. Let me know if that's too much.
Oct 29, 2015 9:44 pm
Dropping to a knee Csillag readies her holdout blaster and takes aim at one of the creatures.

GM: adding a boost die from Heyop.
GM Edit #2: Ugh. Sorry.

Rolls

Attack [Ranged-Short/Aimed]

4 Success, 2 Advantage, 1 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 3 Success, 1 Advantage

Boost from Heyop.

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.