OOC Thread

Sep 28, 2015 12:50 am
For your out of character talking.
Sep 28, 2015 1:39 am
What color should I use if I need to roll a skill check?
Sep 28, 2015 1:50 am
It should just show up when you do your roll

Rolls

Test

1 Success, 1 Advantage, 2 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 1 Failure, 1 Threat

Oct 4, 2015 2:22 am
What would the difficulty be for drawing and shooting while at Engaged ranged?
Oct 4, 2015 1:29 pm
It'll be 2 purple and 2 black because you're on the ground with the xexto
Oct 7, 2015 11:43 pm
Hi guys, I will be added into the game later tonight thought i would say hello. I am a noob, to this site and to the star wars dnd (though I love pre-disney takeover star wars cannon).

Quick question, how do I roll o this site?
Oct 7, 2015 11:54 pm
Welcome! I'm new to this site too but I have some experience with the Star Wars system we're using. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

When you are creating a post and need to roll, make sure you clicked on "Advanced". On that page you can add a dice roll at the bottom. You'll want to use the SWEOTE option. From there, select the type of dice to use, and leave visibility as "hide nothing". When you complete the post, it will do the roll then.

Rolls

It will look like this

1 Success, 4 Advantage, 1 Failure, 1 Threat, 1 Despair

Total: 3 Advantage, 1 Despair

Oct 7, 2015 11:56 pm
like this?

lol not sure what happened but it looks like my droid had an advantage to fail and also fell to the dark side.
Last edited October 8, 2015 12:01 am

Rolls

ima noob

1 Success, 3 Advantage, 3 Failure, 1 Black Force Point

Total: 2 Failure, 3 Advantage

Oct 9, 2015 3:12 pm
Hey there! I should have time tonight to finish making my character, at which point I hope to be engaged in this campaign. I'm also new to the FFG star wars games (though am running the beginning adventure for Force and Destiny here). I'm looking forward to it!

I'm fairly certain my character will be a Sentinel from Force and Destiny deployed as a Sith hunter -- looking for skulking Sith advance scouts/adepts and helping to ensure the peace and survival of the Republic by discovering them and taking them down.
Oct 9, 2015 3:58 pm
Awesome! Can't wait to get you started!
Oct 9, 2015 5:06 pm
hahaha RIP steve its been short but sweet
Oct 9, 2015 7:20 pm
Welcome falryx. I hope my new Fleshy Masters will be better then my last one. Steve only wants to help and make more and better friends.
Oct 9, 2015 8:53 pm
I'll try to get a character made this weekend, but I don't own a copy of the books. Can anyone send me pdfs of the character creation rules and the career paths from all three books?
Oct 9, 2015 9:56 pm
http://kickasstorrent.proxyindex.eu/star-wars-rpg-age-of-rebellion-core-rulebook-swa02-t9453249.html

that is a link to kickass torrent core rule book download. (may want to download utorrent first though)

http://kickasstorrent.proxyindex.eu/star-wars-rpg-edge-of-the-empire-core-rulebook-swe02-t8548825.html

here is the core rule book fore edge of the empire, not sure where to find force and destiny book though
Oct 10, 2015 5:21 am
Darth -- should I assume any basic starting gear other than a lightsaber? I suspect I could make a case for armored robes and some sundries (stimpacks, etc.).
Oct 10, 2015 5:41 am
We're doing Knight-level start, so you get an extra 9000 credits to spend.
Oct 10, 2015 6:06 am
Ah, I thought that was if I didn't take the lightsaber...
Oct 10, 2015 1:13 pm
You get the lightsaber and the normal starting credits. So you start with 500 credits, then if your morality is at 50 you can get an extra 2500
Oct 10, 2015 1:20 pm
Whoops, nevermind...
Oct 10, 2015 2:25 pm
DarthWash says:
You get the lightsaber and the normal starting credits. So you start with 500 credits, then if your morality is at 50 you can get an extra 2500
I took the XP for Morality 50, so I'm gunna assume 500 starting credits and go from there. :)
Oct 10, 2015 2:42 pm
Rolling for post creation 'pocket money':

Rolls

Post creation pocket money - (1d100)

(88) = 88

Oct 10, 2015 3:04 pm
As today is saturday, I will be as active here rping as the dm. Same for sunday. And good morning guys, just woke up.
Oct 12, 2015 1:57 am
Per the other thread the blue 'boost' die should have the following:

2 blank sides
1 success
1 success 1 advantage
1 side with 2 advantage
1 side with 1 advantage

But I've noticed it blank everywhere I've seen it rolled, so rolling 18 here to see if we have a statistical problem.

Rolls

Test

3 Success, 6 Advantage

Total: 3 Success, 6 Advantage

Test 2

4 Advantage

Total: 4 Advantage

Test 3

1 Success

Total: 1 Success

Oct 12, 2015 1:58 am
Oops, 19 rolls. 10 blank (that's about 50%). That's statistically higher than it should be I think. I'll double check with Keleth.
Oct 13, 2015 7:11 am
Thank you after you posted this i looked it up in the core book as well.
Oct 13, 2015 4:15 pm
Money roll!

Rolls

Pocket Money - (1d100)

(13) = 13

Oct 13, 2015 4:19 pm
I LIIIIIIIIIIIVE! (Character done and on library)
Oct 14, 2015 5:39 am
hi mordecai that is kenny! welcome. on a side note were we supposed to roll for money? i thought just the 9k for starting at knight lv.
Last edited October 14, 2015 6:06 am
Oct 14, 2015 5:48 pm
justin666 says:
hi mordecai that is kenny! welcome. on a side note were we supposed to roll for money? i thought just the 9k for starting at knight lv.
I went through normal character creation which says you should add 1d100 for monies. Then I assumed Knight Level either added 9K or (in my case) a lightsaber.
Oct 14, 2015 6:22 pm
you get 500 + 9000/lightsaber for Knight Level play and + 1d100 for pocket according to the book
Oct 15, 2015 6:13 am
: D my droid gets a lightsaber?!? im kidding, but thanks for the info.
Oct 15, 2015 6:21 am
Haha that would be amazing
Oct 16, 2015 5:08 am
could one of you jedi guys mind sending me a copy of the force and destiny pdf link? i just want to check it out, or whaterver you guys used to make your chars. thanks in advance.
Oct 16, 2015 9:07 pm
I used the CRB -- but there's a character builder by Oggdude that works on Windows that handles the mechanics (if not the descriptions).

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/89135-another-character-generator/
Oct 17, 2015 2:51 am
thanks guys

Rolls

cash monies - (1d100)

(69) = 69

Oct 20, 2015 6:22 am
thought would share this link i found detailing most if not all the items and gear available in the star wars d&d

http://swrpg.viluppo.net/equipment/gear/
Oct 21, 2015 4:08 pm
Hi, all! *waves*

I just got my character submitted and found the boards here. Never used GP before, but I like what I'm seeing. Looking forward to playing with everyone!
Oct 21, 2015 5:26 pm
Jaarka says:
Hi, all! *waves*

I just got my character submitted and found the boards here. Never used GP before, but I like what I'm seeing. Looking forward to playing with everyone!
Welcome!

I'm playing a couple games and running a Star Wars game and having a blast -- I think you'll find this fun!
Oct 23, 2015 4:46 am
good to hear form another player. good luck, our awesome gm likes to keep us on our toes!
Last edited October 23, 2015 4:47 am
Oct 24, 2015 2:58 am
I'll be mia this weekend, but I'll be back to post in monday. Hope you all have a nice weekend.
Oct 24, 2015 2:01 pm
Have fun!
Oct 31, 2015 3:17 am
More detail on the Order 66 Dueling Rules are here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3DdrJIlZ2ZNYURvYkxJVGo3bTg/view
Nov 5, 2015 11:57 pm
I should get some posts up late tonigjt. At the moment tornadoes are trying to knock my house down.
Nov 6, 2015 12:41 am
Stay safe brother.
Nov 7, 2015 6:11 am
ya, tornadoes are bad.
Nov 8, 2015 10:10 am
Work on my character (a Torgruta Smuggler/Gambler, probably with a dash of Sentinel/Shien Expert but I'm not certain on that yet -- we'll see how I end up spending the Knight bonus XP). Anyway, does anyone have a copy of FaD - I don't and I need the Torgruta mechanics!
Nov 8, 2015 3:24 pm
Got it. looking it up for yah.

Brawn: 1, Cunning: 3
Wound 10+brawn
Strain: 10+Will
Starting XP: 100
Begin game with one rank in perception - may not train to >2 with starter xp
when performing the assist maneuver, Togrutas grant 2 boost instead of 1.
Nov 8, 2015 3:36 pm
Going to be starting on mine today, from what I heard a pilot/driver was needed so I'll probably go Smuggler Pilot. I'll try and have something up by Monday Midday. Hope the weather fairs better for you man.
Nov 8, 2015 3:50 pm
Remnant says:
Going to be starting on mine today, from what I heard a pilot/driver was needed so I'll probably go Smuggler Pilot. I'll try and have something up by Monday Midday. Hope the weather fairs better for you man.
Oh... I was filling that same gap. We probably both shouldn't do that. I'm happy to do otherwise if you're keen on the Smuggler/Pilot (I'm already playing the team 'pilot' in another game here, so I'm happy to diversify. I'm also happy to carry on my Smuggler/Gambler build which was going to lean into piloting).
Nov 8, 2015 4:50 pm
Well all I've done so far is pick a high concept, I could also go Medic. Your choice if I guess which you want to go with, if you stick as the smugglar I can play the medic. Haven't started looking at what to get yet.
Nov 8, 2015 5:59 pm
My only decisions so far are Togruta (and probably lightsaber, and so a dash of a FaD career to get some talents to make that work). if I don't end up a Gambler, I'd probably try and lean into the Togruta 'support' role (but I'm not sure what careers enable that). So, it's probably easiest for me to stick to Gambler - so why don't I just do that. I'll fill the piloting role.
Nov 8, 2015 8:21 pm
Ya, the guy who was playing the captain of the ship "high roller" quit so right now it is juts my char "Steve" the pit droid trying to get things going. You know after and meteor/asteroid belt stops the ship and blasts me out into the void. Good times. Much repairs needed. hahaha
Nov 8, 2015 9:09 pm
Perhaps you'll crashland somewhere on the building I'm in, sparing me dealing with a Sith. :)
Nov 9, 2015 4:10 am
Hey all, just got approved by darthwash to join in the fun here. I'm looking to roll up a Smuggler Thief build. I'm not very familiar with the politics and setting of the Old Republic, but I figure a Cat Burglar is pretty timeless.

Any input on party rolls needed is most welcome, I'm still building out the concept, so very flexible right now.
Nov 9, 2015 10:43 am
As usual with me and this system, I've changed my original idea. I was leaning towards a sneaky/gambler Togruta but now I'm building a Zabrak. I see the character as being (or having been) a pilot/leader of a smuggling crew, but a job went south and he was the only one to get away alive. I always like to have force powers (it's Star Wars afterall) and usually build around a single one - this time I'm eyeing Enhance (improved so it can be used with both piloting skills).

The build direction I've got so far is this one:

Seeker/Ataru Striker with Enhance and both piloting skills at rank 2 (4 Agility). Technically good at piloting, no talents to support it and rely on Enhance to give me an edge to that end. Talents support physical combat (so I'm not 'only useful in space'). Zabrak racial and a skill dip into Coercion gives me a tiny bit of social aptitude.

I know there is a notable lack of EotE characters, but my desire to have a force power makes FaD careers very tempting (as it significantly cuts back the XP cost on getting force sensitivity). That said, I could also forgo the lightsaber (and take the small fortune), and go Smuggler/Pilot/Force Sensitive Exile or, use the FaD Warrior/Starfighter Ace. That might make the most sense as I could dip into Aggressor (which is a better fit with Zabrak's social angle) to get some 'non-space' talents. If there are already a lot of lightsabers kicking around in the group I may just do this.

TL;DR I can't decide between Seeker/Ataru Striker, Warrior/Starfighter Ace/Aggressor and Smuggler/Pilot/Force Sensitive Exile. The character will be Zabrak, and a former 'smuggling gang leader/pilot'.
Nov 9, 2015 5:50 pm
Tough calls. I wound up going Sentinel since I wanted access to the better reflects and parries earlier in my talent tree and I liked the idea of a Sith hunter. Can you combine some stuff -- like Smuggler / Starfighter Ace to give you access to what you want or do you want more visible Force powers?

Can you remind me what the zabrak gets on stats?
Nov 9, 2015 5:52 pm
I guess let me know if you do or don't want to/have room for being a pilot.
Nov 9, 2015 8:12 pm
I'm thinking Starfighter Ace/Aggressor gets me exactly what I want. I want piloting competence, and may even a few talents that support that, but I also want to be able to do something 'on the ground' (be that fighting, or social interaction - preferably a dash of both. Fortunately Zabrak gets me the social angle by default).

Zabrak: 3 Willpower, 1 Presence. Rank 1 Survival. Add 1 success (I think it's success, it's the funny little 'wing' symbol) to Coercion checks.
Nov 9, 2015 8:37 pm
I ended up going with a Human Smuggler; Thief/Gunslinger specializations, no force powers at all. A sort of cat burglar/wild west desperado build.

He's 90%, waiting on a couple details from the GM before I finalize and submit.
Nov 9, 2015 8:39 pm
Guess I'll be going Soldier Medic or Colonist Doctor. Race undetermined.
Nov 10, 2015 3:54 am
"This One is ready to serve it's new Fleshy Masters, and promises not to activate Disection Mode on Fleshy Masters without permission."
Nov 10, 2015 9:38 am
Ok, this is my build now - pretty sure all the math is right in terms of XP expenses. I need to decide on Lightsaber vs Money. Probably money though, as I clearly need a blaster (a very nice blaster at that).

Torhee
Species: Zabrak
Career: Warrior (Athletics, Brawl, Cool, Melee, Perception and Survival)
Specialization: Aggressor (Coercion, Knowledge - Underworld, Ranged - Light, Streetwise)

100 base XP
+10 (Duty/Obligation/Morality thing)

Survival 1 (Species 1/1)
Perception (Career 1/3)
Cool (Career 2/3)
Survival 2 (Career 3/3)
Coercion 1 (Spec 1/2)
Ranged - Light 1 (Spec 2/2)

Agility 2->3 (30 XP)
Agility 3->4 (40 XP)
Intellect 2->3 (30 XP)

Force Power Enhance (10 XP)

Knight Level (+150 XP)
Force Power: Enhance, Control (use with Coordination) (5)
Force Power: Enhance, Control (use with Piloting (Planetary)) (5)
Force Power: Enhance, Control (use with Piloting (Space)) (5)
= 15 XP

Second Spec: Starfighter Ace (Astrogation, Gunnery, Mechanics, Piloting - Space) (20 XP)
= 20 XP

Piloting (Space) 1 (5 XP)
Piloting (Space) 2 (10 XP)
Coercion 2 (10 XP)
Ranged (Light) 2 (10 XP)
Mechanics 1 (5 XP)
Astrogation 1 (5 XP)
= 45 XP

Talent (Aggressor): Intimidating 1 (5 XP)
Talent (Aggressor): Grit (5 XP)
Talent (Aggressor): Fearsome 1 (10 XP)
Talent (Aggressor): Fearsome 2 (15 XP)
Talent (Aggressor): Terrify (15 XP)
= 40 XP

Talent (Starfighter Ace): Grit (5 XP)
Talent (Starfighter Ace): Skilled Jockey (5 XP)
Talent (Starfighter Ace): Rapid Reaction (5 XP)
Talent (Starfighter Ace): Solid Repairs (5 XP)
Talent (Starfighter Ace): Galaxy Mapper (10 XP)
= 30 XP
Last edited November 10, 2015 11:58 am
Nov 10, 2015 2:48 pm
https://www.dropbox.com/s/382wz09jbwp1d2o/Vakim.pdf?dl=0

That's a dropbox link to the fillable sheet for Vakim. He's ready, but I won't likely have time today to fill out and submit his sheet via Gamersplane. Feel free to peruse, it was fun to build out a knight level character!
Nov 10, 2015 9:59 pm
Here's what I have, still writing in everything on the character sheet as well.

Orninoh
Species: Arkanian Offshoot
Career: Colonist (Charm, Core Worlds, Deception, Education, Leadership, Lore, Negotiation, Streetwise)
Specialization: Doctor (Cool, Education, Medicine, Resilence)

110 base XP
+10 xp (Obligation puts me at 15 Starting Obligation)

Charm (Species 1/2)
Negotiation (Species 2/2)
Core Worlds (Career 1/4)
Education (Career 2/4)
Lore (Career 3/4)
Street Wise (Career 4/4)
Cool (Spec 1/2)
Medicine (Spec 1/2)

Brawn 2->3 (30 XP)
Agility 2->3 (30 XP)
Intellect 2->3 (30 XP)

Ranged Heavy Rank 1 (10XP)
Surgeon Rank 1 (5XP)
Grit Rank 1 (5XP)
Surgeon Rank 2 (10XP)

Knight Level (+150 XP)
Presense 2->3 (30 XP)
Stim Application (10XP)
Grit Rank 2 (10XP)
Resolve Rank 1 (10XP)
Pressure Point (15XP)
Surgeon Rank 3 (15XP)
Medicine Rank 2 (10XP)
Medicine Rank 3 (15XP)
Ranged - Heavy Rank 2 (15XP)
Anatomy Lessons (20XP)
Nov 11, 2015 8:49 am
Technically speaking, I think you need to raise Presence before the Knight Level XP, but that's not a problem because you've got 30 XP in skills and talents for 'creation'.
Nov 11, 2015 1:22 pm
Curious where we put our background so we can get worked into the story.
Nov 11, 2015 7:08 pm
Torhaa has lived a gifted life in the darkest recesses of the galaxy. The circumstances of his birth saw him orphaned and raised by a menagerie of well meaning adoptive-parents. As is often the case, his rebellious attitude and naturally forceful personality saw him get into more trouble than any well meaning family deemed worth the effort. As soon as he was able, Torhaa got swept up into gangs, situating himself as the leader of a bunch of thugs and stim-runners on a backwater moon no one has heard of. Once they'd secured enough money to buy a small transport ship, Torhaa and his two most trust worthy men took to the stars to expand their empire. They had no intention of returning.

Over the next decade Torhaa, pilot of the Red Angler, became well known amongst some smuggling circles. He built up a small crew of various skills to compliment his own, and took jobs no one else would. His unsettling demeanour, fierce attitude, borderline reckless determination and what others described as uncanny luck and fortune, gave him and his crew a reputation that earned them more than a few credits, and more than a few bounties.

This was bound to catch up with him. The dream came to and end recently, when the Red Angler took an impossible smuggling job. It looked too good to be true - the perfect mix of danger and cash to catch Torhaa's eye. Sure enough, it wasn't a real job - but it was bait. A trap laid by a bounty hunter who knew Torhaa too well. A thug from Torhaa's old gang who'd found his own way off world and had been looking for revenge on the Zabrak who took the gang's credits and ran. When the Red Angler entered orbit it was bombarded, the engines blown out with precision shots. In the chaos, the bounty hunter quietly boarded the ship while Torhaa orchestrated an emergency crash landing. On the ground the bounty hunter eliminated Torhaa's crew one by one, and detonated the explosives that the Angler had been transporting, rendering the ship a crater. Torhaa had been foraging for food and supplies when the ship exploded, his fortune saving his skin yet again. Seeing no other options, he struck out towards civilization, still unaware of the bounty hunter eagerly stalking his prey.

(I've left details vague, because I'm not actually familiar with fine details of the Star Wars universe and because it frees the GM to plop Torhaa into whichever place is suitable. Also, I thought the revenge-seeking bounty hunter might be a nice tool for plot complications if needed!)
Nov 17, 2015 8:30 pm
Dumb question: Anyone know why my avatar picture isn't showing up for my PC?
Nov 17, 2015 9:01 pm
Remnant says:
Dumb question: Anyone know why my avatar picture isn't showing up for my PC?
Are you sure it's loaded? I realize that's a dumb question back, but...
Nov 17, 2015 10:34 pm
Downloaded a different version of the file from the internet and reuploaded. That seemed to work. *does the muppet happy arm flail*
Nov 25, 2015 11:24 pm
did the guy who played garrtog leave? it has been almost a month and no reply from him... i know this is a bit of a slow game, but we all went in knowing that.
Nov 25, 2015 11:30 pm
He's in a solo thread and if he's state side he may not be around this week either. I'm running a solo game for one person who hasn't posted since around Halloween. *shrugs*
Nov 25, 2015 11:50 pm
this is the first game i have been with for this site, is this normal?
Last edited November 25, 2015 11:51 pm
Nov 25, 2015 11:55 pm
I guess, I've had one game stall due to a player quiting the site, they're back now, another is pretty much dead, running a game that stalled in this one and another Star Wars one... the other star wars one is quicker I think. But I'm in two F2F games so I guess I can't complain.
Nov 26, 2015 1:13 am
Some games go faster than others. I'm in a couple that move pretty quickly, and I try and keep the games I GM moving, but this week I've been on vacation with irregular access to the Internet and a couple time zones back. My guess is this week will be generally slow due to Thanksgiving.

That said I think it's atypical for a player to completely disappear, as Owen is the first one I've seen go.
Nov 26, 2015 3:10 am
ah. well then. on a side note though, please let me know if you have any tips for my robot. i like playing him.
Last edited November 26, 2015 3:11 am
Dec 4, 2015 11:09 pm
you guys still alive out there?
Dec 4, 2015 11:09 pm
Sorry for taking so long to get updates for you guys. Work kicked my ass this week. I'll have some posts up shortly.
Dec 5, 2015 12:26 am
how much would it cost to up intelligence to 5 along with mechanical and computing? just wondering.
Dec 5, 2015 12:32 am
There are talents that are used to increase characteristics, usually toward the bottom of the talent tree, and those are just about the only way to increase characteristics.

Skills cost 5× the skill rank you are getting in they are career skills or (5× the skill rank) plus 5 if they aren't career skills
Dec 5, 2015 6:29 am
what are the characteristics? like intelligence? and what is the highest they can get, same with skills? and one more question, you say 5x the skill rank i want, so if i buy skill lv 5, it would cost 25xp (5 x 5 = 25)?
Dec 5, 2015 9:20 am
Characteristics are your brawny, agility, etc so yes like intelligence. Six is the cap for those, if figure, skills are the same. Although you could have a higher skill than characteristic. Agility of two and rank 3 ranged light would be YYG. It would be 25 if it's core and assuming you had rank 4 already.
Dec 5, 2015 3:22 pm
As Remnant indicates, you have to buy each skill level in turn.

If you have a career skill to get from level 1 to level 3 would cost:

2 * 5 + 3 * 5 = 25xp.

If you had level 3 and wanted to go to five, it would be:

4 * 5 + 5 * 5 = 45xp.

Non-career skills add 5xp to the cost.
Dec 7, 2015 8:22 pm
Whoa! I don't pay attention for one weekend and S$^& starts getting real in here!
Dec 8, 2015 2:54 pm
Well that went badly... I blame it on the alcohol
Dec 14, 2015 4:09 am
Kenny, you can get the extended hilt which will add 1 to the damage and has a mod you can add with a 1 purple Mechanics that'll add 1 vicious to it as well. Your lightsaber crystal also has numerous Mods you can try adding to it. They start with 1 purple mechanics, and add 1 purple for each additional mod you add. The available Mods for the Illum Chrystal are:
2 vicious +1
4 damage +1
1 decrease the Crit rating by 1
Dec 14, 2015 4:39 am
not sure if meta gameing is okay, but "steve" can mod stuff for you guys : Gear Head Rank 1 - Remove 1 die per rank of GearHead from Mechanics checks, halve credit costs to add mods to attachments. (now credit cost to add mods to attachments at 1/2 cost)
Dec 14, 2015 12:41 pm
I'll pick up the +4 damage one. Will the quartermster install or should I get "Steve"?
Dec 14, 2015 12:49 pm
That's actually 4 separate +1 damage mods. You get reduced difficulty of working on your own lightsaber which is why it's starts at 1 purple (and actually with crystal mods, you can add a number of force die equal to your force rating) so if Steve Mods it, it'll be 3 purple (2 purple with his gear head)

The quartermaster can give you the extended hilt which adds +1 to damage and doesn't require a check to install.
Dec 14, 2015 1:29 pm
I put the general things I was requesting in my post, let me know if you need page reference for the Three Point Hardness and I'll link.
Dec 14, 2015 2:23 pm
I'll just take the extended halt for now then.
Dec 17, 2015 7:57 pm
Good news everyone! I think I've finally gotten past the part of my job that's been taking all my time so I should be able to post more often now.
Dec 17, 2015 8:04 pm
*Does the Kermit 'Yay' dance*

Also would I be able to get a Weapon Harness at the QM?
Last edited December 17, 2015 9:12 pm
Dec 20, 2015 7:17 pm
I swear guys, im TOTALLY not trying to make a robot army. i swear.
Dec 24, 2015 12:00 am
what exactly would i need to do in game to make another pit droid mechanic in the game, and mod the mouse droid to have spider legs for more maneuverability, and a smaller version of a pit droid head for light/cam?
Dec 29, 2015 2:58 pm
Making a pit droid is going to take a 3 purple with 1 black Mechanics check to built it from the parts you've got, but it'll also take days to get it built and working properly. The mouse droid upgrade I guess we'll treat like adding Mods to equipment so the first upgrade will be 3 purple, the add a purple die for each upgrade after.
Dec 30, 2015 6:55 am
is that with consideration to my mechanics rank 1?
Dec 30, 2015 12:15 pm
justin666 says:
is that with consideration to my mechanics rank 1?
No your talents can remove some dice like usual
Jan 1, 2016 10:57 am
also, will inventor (When constructing new items or modifying attachments, add 1 die or remove 1 die per rank of Inventor.) also allow me to take off 1 die, same as gearhead? at least in regards for creating the extra pit-droid mechanic.

and as a side note, may i use the 3 advantage from modifying the mouse droid for some blue die boosts on the pit droid?
Last edited January 1, 2016 11:00 am
Jan 6, 2016 9:39 pm
Happy New Year, did we lose a few people? DW? *poke poke*
Jan 7, 2016 5:28 pm
Double post!

I think for Social interactions after a quick lookup it would be my Charm GGY versus his Cool ??? maybe a conditional setback or boost due to the situation (strangers) and the verbage used (if he's not the boss we will comply and explain why to said boss).
Jan 7, 2016 5:31 pm
Is it possible for Torhaa to assist? Not charming, obviously, but he can be threatening and coercive - might be a means to acquiring another boost? Not sure how assisting works in this system.
Jan 7, 2016 5:47 pm
Well I'm trying to be civil and nice to use Charm although it is I guess a threat that if we're turned away we're going to state why we aren't delivering. I'm also not name dropping due to mixed company... Sssh think of blueberries or they're read your mind! We might be doing a labored approach though, I explain things nicely (Charm) which gives him pause and you remind immediately afterwards (Coercion) he should probably do what his boss would want versus flexing on anyone that shows up which makes him sweat... unless this is a hold up (by a rival or a sneaky underling) in which case I tried.
Jan 7, 2016 5:50 pm
Well, Torhaa ignoring them and talking to "steve" is, in my mind, a subtle coercive effort. He's not threatened by them, because he knows that he's the most threatening and fearsome person in the room (probably is, I've got tons of XP and a racial trait baked into being terrifying if I need to be). He's not doing the coercing, just using body language to be suggestive that, if he has to, he will (which is why I was wondering if I could assist to provide a boost, and not suggesting I just take over the check ;) ).
Last edited January 7, 2016 5:51 pm
Jan 7, 2016 6:04 pm
It's like I'm the carrot and your the exploding stick launcher aimed at them with the safety on.
Jan 8, 2016 1:36 pm
Good thing I got boost dice! For the advantages in squad formation plus success how about, he sends a runner to speed up our time waiting. His "backup muscle" between the mention of doing not what the boss wants, name drops, and what looks like possible almost a full crew of deadly people that will paint the hanger red, don't know if people know what Jedi look like, let's say thouse to just give off a grim reaper vibe that makes them nervous.

Short version, I want the deal to start up and go smooth.
Jan 8, 2016 6:51 pm
Wow. 5 advantage. Crazy roll :).
Last edited January 8, 2016 6:51 pm
Jan 11, 2016 8:47 pm
sorry for my absence, my power went out in my neighborhood in anchorage alaska, and i just got my internet back up
Jan 18, 2016 4:52 pm
Sorry gang -- but doesn't feel very jedi to let the crew just start shooting at people without cause. And the fact that one person felt like, to quote admiral ackbar, "it's a trap" wouldn't have been sufficient.
Jan 18, 2016 4:54 pm
Whelp, Torhaa's going after the jedi then :)
Jan 18, 2016 4:55 pm
..which is kind of his hope. ;) Away from combat, perhaps he can reason with the guy and get out of here. :)
Jan 18, 2016 9:30 pm
On a side note most Jedi that are good don't get caught up in illegal deals or a shoot out over a double cross... ah ha ha ha... so it's a good cover no? Please don't kill me.
Jan 19, 2016 11:55 am
well my robot is gonna robot
Jan 19, 2016 7:06 pm
I don't understand the init order... it is "first PC to post"? As in, our init rolls aren't for us specifically but for determining the over structure of the turn taking? Or is there a specific PC that goes first (Mordecai I would take it, as I believe his roll was the best one).
Last edited January 19, 2016 7:07 pm
Jan 19, 2016 7:11 pm
Candi says:
I don't understand the init order... it is "first PC to post"? As in, our init rolls aren't for us specifically but for determining the over structure of the turn taking? Or is there a specific PC that goes first (Mordecai I would take it, as I believe his roll was the best one).
In FF Star Wars games, we roll for Initiative Slots, not order. So our rolls determine the available PC slots, GM's rolls determine available NPC slots. Any PC may go on any PC Initiative Slot.

Here on a PbP game, that basically means whoever posts first. In a face to face game, the PCs can choose who goes to maximize tactics.
Jan 19, 2016 7:22 pm
Cool, thanks!

EDIT: I'm happy to let someone else go first. As, I plan to chase after Leokri; which isn't tactically advantageous at all. Indeed, if an NPC engages me before I act, that might be tactically the best outcome!
Last edited January 19, 2016 8:15 pm
Jan 20, 2016 9:47 pm
Ooo I messed up Bam's more dramatic shot... at least I had a cool line. What do we do?
Last edited January 20, 2016 9:47 pm
Jan 20, 2016 9:49 pm
Remnant says:
Ooo I messed up Bam's more dramatic shot... at least I had a cool line. What do we do?
I just edited my post. Since you killed the leader, Vakim is targeting the thugs.
Jan 20, 2016 9:53 pm
Alright sorry to steal your thunder. At least we know they'll be a little rattled now plus your triumph.
Jan 22, 2016 9:18 pm
Ok, so Mordecai is gonna try to execute both of these goons (assuming they surrender, otherwise just keep fighting as normal) because dead witnesses are good witnesses. What do I need to do for that?

Edit: To clarify, I'd like to execute them by either breaking their necks with my hands or grabbing a blaster from one of my nearby compadres
Last edited January 22, 2016 9:21 pm
Jan 22, 2016 9:52 pm
Guys -- if that happens, then my character needs to bow out.

Not to be pushy -- but y'all are already on the hairy edge of tolerance for what he'll put up with as a jedi -- if someone surrenders and he's killed, Loekri is going to go after Mordecai and kill him as a Sith.

So rather than create that dynamic -- I'll bow out of the game or toss the character and make a new one. If this was something like Paranoia or a one-shot where part of the dynamic is for us to be in direct conflict that's one thing. :) But I don't see the drama associated with this being very interesting to play or witness.
Last edited January 22, 2016 9:53 pm
Jan 22, 2016 9:54 pm
if your char is still in the pilot compartment, he may not know that it happened.
Jan 22, 2016 9:56 pm
He's not -- he swapped places with Candi's character and is attempting to disarm and eject the goons.
Jan 22, 2016 9:57 pm
BTW -- not trying to be whiny or move the group or anyone's characters another route. But during a war with the Sith any Force user killing innocents "because they're witnesses" is basically going to trigger his spidey sense and he's going to take that person down. His job as a sentinel is to hunt Sith down and deal with them.

If that's the wrong match for this group -- then that's fine. I can roll up something else or find a way to segue out without any ill feelings. But I don't think there's a way I can keep him a jedi and tolerate that kind of stuff.
Last edited January 22, 2016 9:58 pm
Jan 22, 2016 10:30 pm
A couple things here:

-This is a mix of personalities and character types; there's bound to be conflict when we didn't build together with a central theme.

-If your character is inclined to attack mine at any time, go for it. We started with 150 XP. I'm perfectly comfortable building out new characters at that level all day if needed (though it may be tough on the GM). Know that I won't hold back in response though ;)

-I don't think you need to be quite so black and white in your in reaction. I hear your concerns, but I think they should play out in game, not with you re-rolling before we've even begun the mission.

-I think you've got the right idea with your in-character reaction, but would he really just leave? Just walk away? Would he really just attack and kill another Jedi who killed some enemy combatants in the heat of combat? The comment about "witnesses" was not said aloud, it was table talk. Your character doesn't know those motives.

Anyway, a few thoughts before you jump ship and reroll.
Last edited January 22, 2016 10:30 pm
Jan 22, 2016 10:35 pm
The character would likely jump ship and head back to the temple and get in his own ship and proceed. He's a Jedi in the Old Republic -- and he has all the swagger and confidence in his abilities and the outcome that accompany that.

Note that this would be the second thing that triggered for me (the first was opening fire first on someone who hadn't done anything wrong beyond break the law). His archetype is fine skirting the law -- he's got some of the skulduggery built into how he has to operate to hunt the enemy. But there's a difference between that and the obvious casual disregard to life that seems to be the norm for the crew.

I'm not really interested in role-playing out the conflict if it's going to be that overt. You're right -- we haven't even begun the mission and we've opened fire - first - on someone engaging in a transaction with us. And if someone kills someone who surrenders that's not going to be acceptable to the character. There's no reason for me to believe that this will change as the mission progresses.

Some conflict of characters and personalities is perfectly fine -- but in this case, I think it's pretty bloody black and white. And I raise it here so we can come to a reasonable conclusion together. If you guys are happy to play a little more EOTE and morally dark, that's good. I've made the wrong character for that campaign. :)

To reiterate -- I'm not bitter or fussy -- I just don't want to enter the magnitude of intra-party angst that I've positioned myself to be in. I'm not likely to find it that fun to play -- so I'd rather get aligned to ensure it will be fun to play.
Last edited January 22, 2016 10:39 pm
Jan 22, 2016 10:47 pm
falryx says:
If you guys are happy to play a little more EOTE and morally dark, that's good. I've made the wrong character for that campaign. :)
As to that, this is absolutely an EotE situation; an illegal drug deal with shady characters on both sides (for sure talking about Vakim here). Vakim is a thief and a gunslinger; he opened fire because its what he's good at, and he had a suspicion that we were getting double-crossed. He figured if it was a double-cross, he's got the jump on them. If not, the group gets the drugs and the credits. He doesn't have a particular disdain for life or a blood thirst, but he has also learned through experience that its better to shoot than to be shot. That's the PC motivation.

The player motivation for the move was to spark interesting reactions. If I'm out of line on this front, I can alter my play style to match the group dynamic more. I like having diverse and even conflicting PC personalities around the table. It makes for interesting RP.

To me, this conflict is no different than a D&D game in which one has a Rogue and a Paladin. There's gonna be trouble between them, sooner or later.

Your call, of course, on rerolling your PC (yours and the GMs). I encourage you to stay in the game with the character you have. Try to stop the killings, get in our way, be the voice of reason. But I also don't want to force you into that position. I'll happily alter my play style in lieu of you having to reroll.

Your call.

Edit:Just saw your edit. I implore you to let the game keep going as is. I'll tone back my instigator instincts and play nicer with the group dynamic. Vakim was never meant to be a cold blooded serial killer; just a thief who's quick with a gun when needed.
Last edited January 22, 2016 10:50 pm
Jan 22, 2016 11:51 pm
I was 100% expecting this to cause a conflict between Mordecai and Leokri. I had planed for Mordecai to execute, then deal with whatever objections Leokri put out via a heated argument seeing as how Leokri is a representation of the Jedi Order that Mordecai turned his back on to win the war. Mordecai has very specific motivations for wanting to do this that we can either have out in a fight before or after he kills the thugs. Either way I was hoping for an intra party conflict that would hopefully do some character building and would eventually result in M and L comming to an understanding.
Last edited January 22, 2016 11:52 pm
Jan 23, 2016 12:52 am
From perspective the doc is in some waysssss a sniveling coward, he has no love for criminals due to his past going from hopeful future to mind numbing grey unmoving druggery, although he's found complaining to high ranking Jedi is a no no now he considers them 'spooks' in a way. He'll grumble and whine still but probably not to their face. I have no idea if this was suppose to be a double cross but I figure that criminals getting ahead on their name and good business practices would have been just business mean, my paranoia although sound plus Bam stating it's a trap and shooting got everyone on a 360 swivel when blasters around out and firing. We might find out after the fact it was bad service in the hanger, maybe the one who went away started a jammer for comms.

If your trying to start a relationship a disagreement on how ideology differ can be talked out, killing innocent people once they've surrendered and/or unarmed regardless of the reason will start conflict but you could probably talk things out as well. I'd probably be of the same mindset in a way as L, killing people who can't defend themselves when they don't want to fight puts you in the same boat as criminals who don't value life. Also if you wanted to go that route to develop a conflit with L and M I dont think you'll come to an understanding, I think it' more likely that agreeing to disagree on killing basically prisoners being okay.
Jan 23, 2016 12:56 am
Did I miss something in the game thread... I don't see the thugs surrendering yet?
Jan 23, 2016 12:58 am
I think it's preemptive of actions that were stated to be carried out in OoC.
Jan 23, 2016 1:00 am
They have not yet. This started with me asking about what I'd have to do if they did. (Also just realized I've been randomly posting as Mordecai in the OOC chat lol)
Last edited January 23, 2016 1:00 am
Jan 23, 2016 3:57 pm
I expected conflict between Mordecai and Leokri -- absolutely. One is someone who's abandoned the Jedi and one isn't. That's bound to create some illwill between them. But /if/ they surrender, and /if/ they are then killed in cold blood -- that doesn't really leave room for conversation to someone who's job it is to sniff out Sith agents and either capture or kill them. If Leokri were more of a moralizing healer or mystic that might be another story -- but he's not Qui Gon Ginn.

So -- I'm /cool/ with some conflict -- but I think if we push it too far, then the character is going to be a big ball and chain around the party's collective neck. I get a lot of stress and conflict in my real life (complete with conflict resolution, finding the middle ground and whatnot) so I 'm hesitant to explore it over much in my roleplayed life (because alas, I can just deal with work in order to have the experience of sorting that out). It won't be fun for me to have the conflict-o-meter at 10 with Mordecai. It'll be a lot more fun for me if it hovers between 1 and 5 with the occasional spike to 6 or 7. Killing unarmed people (if we get there) will definitely take the conflict high because of the fundamental beliefs of the jedi order about the sanctity of life.

Y'all are already operating around 5 because you opened fire first. :) This I can manage.

So -- anyway, I'm keen to continue if there's a reasonable balance we'll maintain -- but ultimately there's got to be a line for the character where he'll tell you guys to get eaten by a gundark.
Jan 24, 2016 2:19 am
Then let's have the showdown beforehand to avoid the irreconcilable conflict.
Jan 24, 2016 7:24 am
only if "Steve" can be referee
Jan 24, 2016 1:58 pm
And Torhaa can take bets before the bout begins ;)
Jan 25, 2016 1:57 pm
I wonder if Darth is out shoveling snow... Hope everyone's warm and safe.
Jan 25, 2016 8:31 pm
Sorry, nor snowed in (its actually around 60-70 degrees here) I've just been sick and haven't been able to keep up over the weekend. I'll go ahead an weigh in on this whole issue.
Number one thing I want is for everyone to be having fun so falryx, if you being in conflict with Kennyq (or any of he rest of the party) makes he game unenjoyable for you, then by all means, we can work a different character into the story that you'll enjoy more.
In the game, the thugs haven't yet surrendered, there's one still armed and another with half a gun. You guys would need to make a Coercion check to convince them to surrender. At the moment, Leokri is between the party and the remaining thugs so he could potentially protect them and lay down his demands for his continued involvement in the group, or something. I would prefer to avoid outright attacking each other already, but threats and standoffs wouldn't be too bad. I'd just prefer the pvp to stay out unless agree on by both sides.
Jan 27, 2016 10:06 pm
Note that I'm not excited by PvP generally unless there's a game built around it.. (cough, paranoia, cough). What's important for me is that this doesn't turn into the Leorki Whining About Our Tactics show. I do keep trying to find ways to bend the rules I have built for him to accommodate, but there are places he won't be able to go, realistically.

I remind you all that Conflict in Force and Destiny is:

10+: Murder: The PCs murder a character. In this case, murder is killing someone who is helpless or is no threat to the PCs.

Given where Leokri is on a morality scale (50), that would be ~1/2 the way to falling to the Dark Side. So mechanically it's not in the character's benefit either. :)
Last edited January 27, 2016 10:07 pm
Jan 27, 2016 10:54 pm
ah yes, slightly crazed robot shenanagans
Jan 28, 2016 12:09 am
*gets oil squirt bottle* Steve.... No

Edit: Autocorrect sometimes...
Last edited January 28, 2016 8:01 pm
Jan 28, 2016 8:00 pm
bad steve! bad! *smacks steve with rolled up newspaper
Jan 28, 2016 8:14 pm
Remnant says:
*gets oil squirt bottle* Steve.... No

Edit: Autocorrect sometimes...
This made me crack up btw
Jan 29, 2016 4:33 pm
Can I assume Torhaa reaches the cockpit by now?
Feb 1, 2016 1:49 pm
Robot needs a Humane Prisoner Treatment Protocol installed ;)
Feb 1, 2016 1:53 pm
Or a red wig and 'Ex Girlfriend' stenciled on his chest... Too much? He'll figure out something out to do when he hears the ship enjoys start up and it's taking off.
Feb 4, 2016 7:42 pm
Alright, I've got bad news for you guys. My son was born this last week, a bit early, and he is taking up far more of my time and energy than I had expected. Unfortunately I just don't have the time to keep this game going. Which is sad because I was really enjoying it.
Feb 4, 2016 7:49 pm
Congratulations DarthWash! That's awesome! Here's hoping everyone is happy and healthy!

If you want, we can just put this game on indefinite hiatus. You can come back when you're ready. Take from a guy with three kids: there is life after infancy!
Feb 4, 2016 7:59 pm
Yeah we can do that. May be a while, but we can try to get the band back together after everything settles down
Feb 4, 2016 8:36 pm
Congrats on the kid!
Feb 4, 2016 9:24 pm
Congrats! Best of luck with everything and don't hesitate to lean on us if we can be of help. Mean time, let's Fade to Black on this one and come back to it when, and if, your time frees up. Kids are a monkey wrench in life. :)
Feb 4, 2016 9:33 pm
"Steve" will just be wondering the bowls of the ship. Good luck.
Feb 5, 2016 3:57 pm
Congrats and good luck!
Apr 29, 2016 11:40 pm
Withdrawing -- it's been almost 3 months. If you come back and wanna get it rolling, don't hesitate to look me up!
Apr 30, 2016 1:42 pm
falryx says:
Withdrawing -- it's been almost 3 months. If you come back and wanna get it rolling, don't hesitate to look me up!
Same boat!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.