OOC Thread

load previous
Nov 10, 2015 3:54 am
"This One is ready to serve it's new Fleshy Masters, and promises not to activate Disection Mode on Fleshy Masters without permission."
Nov 10, 2015 9:38 am
Ok, this is my build now - pretty sure all the math is right in terms of XP expenses. I need to decide on Lightsaber vs Money. Probably money though, as I clearly need a blaster (a very nice blaster at that).

Torhee
Species: Zabrak
Career: Warrior (Athletics, Brawl, Cool, Melee, Perception and Survival)
Specialization: Aggressor (Coercion, Knowledge - Underworld, Ranged - Light, Streetwise)

100 base XP
+10 (Duty/Obligation/Morality thing)

Survival 1 (Species 1/1)
Perception (Career 1/3)
Cool (Career 2/3)
Survival 2 (Career 3/3)
Coercion 1 (Spec 1/2)
Ranged - Light 1 (Spec 2/2)

Agility 2->3 (30 XP)
Agility 3->4 (40 XP)
Intellect 2->3 (30 XP)

Force Power Enhance (10 XP)

Knight Level (+150 XP)
Force Power: Enhance, Control (use with Coordination) (5)
Force Power: Enhance, Control (use with Piloting (Planetary)) (5)
Force Power: Enhance, Control (use with Piloting (Space)) (5)
= 15 XP

Second Spec: Starfighter Ace (Astrogation, Gunnery, Mechanics, Piloting - Space) (20 XP)
= 20 XP

Piloting (Space) 1 (5 XP)
Piloting (Space) 2 (10 XP)
Coercion 2 (10 XP)
Ranged (Light) 2 (10 XP)
Mechanics 1 (5 XP)
Astrogation 1 (5 XP)
= 45 XP

Talent (Aggressor): Intimidating 1 (5 XP)
Talent (Aggressor): Grit (5 XP)
Talent (Aggressor): Fearsome 1 (10 XP)
Talent (Aggressor): Fearsome 2 (15 XP)
Talent (Aggressor): Terrify (15 XP)
= 40 XP

Talent (Starfighter Ace): Grit (5 XP)
Talent (Starfighter Ace): Skilled Jockey (5 XP)
Talent (Starfighter Ace): Rapid Reaction (5 XP)
Talent (Starfighter Ace): Solid Repairs (5 XP)
Talent (Starfighter Ace): Galaxy Mapper (10 XP)
= 30 XP
Last edited November 10, 2015 11:58 am
Nov 10, 2015 2:48 pm
https://www.dropbox.com/s/382wz09jbwp1d2o/Vakim.pdf?dl=0

That's a dropbox link to the fillable sheet for Vakim. He's ready, but I won't likely have time today to fill out and submit his sheet via Gamersplane. Feel free to peruse, it was fun to build out a knight level character!
Nov 10, 2015 9:59 pm
Here's what I have, still writing in everything on the character sheet as well.

Orninoh
Species: Arkanian Offshoot
Career: Colonist (Charm, Core Worlds, Deception, Education, Leadership, Lore, Negotiation, Streetwise)
Specialization: Doctor (Cool, Education, Medicine, Resilence)

110 base XP
+10 xp (Obligation puts me at 15 Starting Obligation)

Charm (Species 1/2)
Negotiation (Species 2/2)
Core Worlds (Career 1/4)
Education (Career 2/4)
Lore (Career 3/4)
Street Wise (Career 4/4)
Cool (Spec 1/2)
Medicine (Spec 1/2)

Brawn 2->3 (30 XP)
Agility 2->3 (30 XP)
Intellect 2->3 (30 XP)

Ranged Heavy Rank 1 (10XP)
Surgeon Rank 1 (5XP)
Grit Rank 1 (5XP)
Surgeon Rank 2 (10XP)

Knight Level (+150 XP)
Presense 2->3 (30 XP)
Stim Application (10XP)
Grit Rank 2 (10XP)
Resolve Rank 1 (10XP)
Pressure Point (15XP)
Surgeon Rank 3 (15XP)
Medicine Rank 2 (10XP)
Medicine Rank 3 (15XP)
Ranged - Heavy Rank 2 (15XP)
Anatomy Lessons (20XP)
Nov 11, 2015 8:49 am
Technically speaking, I think you need to raise Presence before the Knight Level XP, but that's not a problem because you've got 30 XP in skills and talents for 'creation'.
Nov 11, 2015 1:22 pm
Curious where we put our background so we can get worked into the story.
Nov 11, 2015 7:08 pm
Torhaa has lived a gifted life in the darkest recesses of the galaxy. The circumstances of his birth saw him orphaned and raised by a menagerie of well meaning adoptive-parents. As is often the case, his rebellious attitude and naturally forceful personality saw him get into more trouble than any well meaning family deemed worth the effort. As soon as he was able, Torhaa got swept up into gangs, situating himself as the leader of a bunch of thugs and stim-runners on a backwater moon no one has heard of. Once they'd secured enough money to buy a small transport ship, Torhaa and his two most trust worthy men took to the stars to expand their empire. They had no intention of returning.

Over the next decade Torhaa, pilot of the Red Angler, became well known amongst some smuggling circles. He built up a small crew of various skills to compliment his own, and took jobs no one else would. His unsettling demeanour, fierce attitude, borderline reckless determination and what others described as uncanny luck and fortune, gave him and his crew a reputation that earned them more than a few credits, and more than a few bounties.

This was bound to catch up with him. The dream came to and end recently, when the Red Angler took an impossible smuggling job. It looked too good to be true - the perfect mix of danger and cash to catch Torhaa's eye. Sure enough, it wasn't a real job - but it was bait. A trap laid by a bounty hunter who knew Torhaa too well. A thug from Torhaa's old gang who'd found his own way off world and had been looking for revenge on the Zabrak who took the gang's credits and ran. When the Red Angler entered orbit it was bombarded, the engines blown out with precision shots. In the chaos, the bounty hunter quietly boarded the ship while Torhaa orchestrated an emergency crash landing. On the ground the bounty hunter eliminated Torhaa's crew one by one, and detonated the explosives that the Angler had been transporting, rendering the ship a crater. Torhaa had been foraging for food and supplies when the ship exploded, his fortune saving his skin yet again. Seeing no other options, he struck out towards civilization, still unaware of the bounty hunter eagerly stalking his prey.

(I've left details vague, because I'm not actually familiar with fine details of the Star Wars universe and because it frees the GM to plop Torhaa into whichever place is suitable. Also, I thought the revenge-seeking bounty hunter might be a nice tool for plot complications if needed!)
Nov 17, 2015 8:30 pm
Dumb question: Anyone know why my avatar picture isn't showing up for my PC?
Nov 17, 2015 9:01 pm
Remnant says:
Dumb question: Anyone know why my avatar picture isn't showing up for my PC?
Are you sure it's loaded? I realize that's a dumb question back, but...
Nov 17, 2015 10:34 pm
Downloaded a different version of the file from the internet and reuploaded. That seemed to work. *does the muppet happy arm flail*
Nov 25, 2015 11:24 pm
did the guy who played garrtog leave? it has been almost a month and no reply from him... i know this is a bit of a slow game, but we all went in knowing that.
Nov 25, 2015 11:30 pm
He's in a solo thread and if he's state side he may not be around this week either. I'm running a solo game for one person who hasn't posted since around Halloween. *shrugs*
Nov 25, 2015 11:50 pm
this is the first game i have been with for this site, is this normal?
Last edited November 25, 2015 11:51 pm
Nov 25, 2015 11:55 pm
I guess, I've had one game stall due to a player quiting the site, they're back now, another is pretty much dead, running a game that stalled in this one and another Star Wars one... the other star wars one is quicker I think. But I'm in two F2F games so I guess I can't complain.
Nov 26, 2015 1:13 am
Some games go faster than others. I'm in a couple that move pretty quickly, and I try and keep the games I GM moving, but this week I've been on vacation with irregular access to the Internet and a couple time zones back. My guess is this week will be generally slow due to Thanksgiving.

That said I think it's atypical for a player to completely disappear, as Owen is the first one I've seen go.
Nov 26, 2015 3:10 am
ah. well then. on a side note though, please let me know if you have any tips for my robot. i like playing him.
Last edited November 26, 2015 3:11 am
Dec 4, 2015 11:09 pm
you guys still alive out there?
Dec 4, 2015 11:09 pm
Sorry for taking so long to get updates for you guys. Work kicked my ass this week. I'll have some posts up shortly.
Dec 5, 2015 12:26 am
how much would it cost to up intelligence to 5 along with mechanical and computing? just wondering.
Dec 5, 2015 12:32 am
There are talents that are used to increase characteristics, usually toward the bottom of the talent tree, and those are just about the only way to increase characteristics.

Skills cost 5× the skill rank you are getting in they are career skills or (5× the skill rank) plus 5 if they aren't career skills
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.