OOC Thread

load previous
Oct 24, 2015 2:01 pm
Have fun!
Oct 31, 2015 3:17 am
More detail on the Order 66 Dueling Rules are here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3DdrJIlZ2ZNYURvYkxJVGo3bTg/view
Nov 5, 2015 11:57 pm
I should get some posts up late tonigjt. At the moment tornadoes are trying to knock my house down.
Nov 6, 2015 12:41 am
Stay safe brother.
Nov 7, 2015 6:11 am
ya, tornadoes are bad.
Nov 8, 2015 10:10 am
Work on my character (a Torgruta Smuggler/Gambler, probably with a dash of Sentinel/Shien Expert but I'm not certain on that yet -- we'll see how I end up spending the Knight bonus XP). Anyway, does anyone have a copy of FaD - I don't and I need the Torgruta mechanics!
Nov 8, 2015 3:24 pm
Got it. looking it up for yah.

Brawn: 1, Cunning: 3
Wound 10+brawn
Strain: 10+Will
Starting XP: 100
Begin game with one rank in perception - may not train to >2 with starter xp
when performing the assist maneuver, Togrutas grant 2 boost instead of 1.
Nov 8, 2015 3:36 pm
Going to be starting on mine today, from what I heard a pilot/driver was needed so I'll probably go Smuggler Pilot. I'll try and have something up by Monday Midday. Hope the weather fairs better for you man.
Nov 8, 2015 3:50 pm
Remnant says:
Going to be starting on mine today, from what I heard a pilot/driver was needed so I'll probably go Smuggler Pilot. I'll try and have something up by Monday Midday. Hope the weather fairs better for you man.
Oh... I was filling that same gap. We probably both shouldn't do that. I'm happy to do otherwise if you're keen on the Smuggler/Pilot (I'm already playing the team 'pilot' in another game here, so I'm happy to diversify. I'm also happy to carry on my Smuggler/Gambler build which was going to lean into piloting).
Nov 8, 2015 4:50 pm
Well all I've done so far is pick a high concept, I could also go Medic. Your choice if I guess which you want to go with, if you stick as the smugglar I can play the medic. Haven't started looking at what to get yet.
Nov 8, 2015 5:59 pm
My only decisions so far are Togruta (and probably lightsaber, and so a dash of a FaD career to get some talents to make that work). if I don't end up a Gambler, I'd probably try and lean into the Togruta 'support' role (but I'm not sure what careers enable that). So, it's probably easiest for me to stick to Gambler - so why don't I just do that. I'll fill the piloting role.
Nov 8, 2015 8:21 pm
Ya, the guy who was playing the captain of the ship "high roller" quit so right now it is juts my char "Steve" the pit droid trying to get things going. You know after and meteor/asteroid belt stops the ship and blasts me out into the void. Good times. Much repairs needed. hahaha
Nov 8, 2015 9:09 pm
Perhaps you'll crashland somewhere on the building I'm in, sparing me dealing with a Sith. :)
Nov 9, 2015 4:10 am
Hey all, just got approved by darthwash to join in the fun here. I'm looking to roll up a Smuggler Thief build. I'm not very familiar with the politics and setting of the Old Republic, but I figure a Cat Burglar is pretty timeless.

Any input on party rolls needed is most welcome, I'm still building out the concept, so very flexible right now.
Nov 9, 2015 10:43 am
As usual with me and this system, I've changed my original idea. I was leaning towards a sneaky/gambler Togruta but now I'm building a Zabrak. I see the character as being (or having been) a pilot/leader of a smuggling crew, but a job went south and he was the only one to get away alive. I always like to have force powers (it's Star Wars afterall) and usually build around a single one - this time I'm eyeing Enhance (improved so it can be used with both piloting skills).

The build direction I've got so far is this one:

Seeker/Ataru Striker with Enhance and both piloting skills at rank 2 (4 Agility). Technically good at piloting, no talents to support it and rely on Enhance to give me an edge to that end. Talents support physical combat (so I'm not 'only useful in space'). Zabrak racial and a skill dip into Coercion gives me a tiny bit of social aptitude.

I know there is a notable lack of EotE characters, but my desire to have a force power makes FaD careers very tempting (as it significantly cuts back the XP cost on getting force sensitivity). That said, I could also forgo the lightsaber (and take the small fortune), and go Smuggler/Pilot/Force Sensitive Exile or, use the FaD Warrior/Starfighter Ace. That might make the most sense as I could dip into Aggressor (which is a better fit with Zabrak's social angle) to get some 'non-space' talents. If there are already a lot of lightsabers kicking around in the group I may just do this.

TL;DR I can't decide between Seeker/Ataru Striker, Warrior/Starfighter Ace/Aggressor and Smuggler/Pilot/Force Sensitive Exile. The character will be Zabrak, and a former 'smuggling gang leader/pilot'.
Nov 9, 2015 5:50 pm
Tough calls. I wound up going Sentinel since I wanted access to the better reflects and parries earlier in my talent tree and I liked the idea of a Sith hunter. Can you combine some stuff -- like Smuggler / Starfighter Ace to give you access to what you want or do you want more visible Force powers?

Can you remind me what the zabrak gets on stats?
Nov 9, 2015 5:52 pm
I guess let me know if you do or don't want to/have room for being a pilot.
Nov 9, 2015 8:12 pm
I'm thinking Starfighter Ace/Aggressor gets me exactly what I want. I want piloting competence, and may even a few talents that support that, but I also want to be able to do something 'on the ground' (be that fighting, or social interaction - preferably a dash of both. Fortunately Zabrak gets me the social angle by default).

Zabrak: 3 Willpower, 1 Presence. Rank 1 Survival. Add 1 success (I think it's success, it's the funny little 'wing' symbol) to Coercion checks.
Nov 9, 2015 8:37 pm
I ended up going with a Human Smuggler; Thief/Gunslinger specializations, no force powers at all. A sort of cat burglar/wild west desperado build.

He's 90%, waiting on a couple details from the GM before I finalize and submit.
Nov 9, 2015 8:39 pm
Guess I'll be going Soldier Medic or Colonist Doctor. Race undetermined.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.