Chapter Seven: The Stalemate At Loton's Cove

load previous
May 22, 2019 11:19 pm
In addition to the orc Zangua just knocked out, another one nearby is still drawing ragged breaths as he lays prone on the ground.

The wolves are now long gone. The wind wall dissipates, but smoke still rises from the blackened earth where the fireball blossomed.
May 23, 2019 3:06 am
Leth sighs, slings his bow over his shoulder, and begins collecting arrows.
May 23, 2019 2:40 pm
https://media1.tenor.com/images/f871be043d47c54497e6e2812ffc6897/tenor.gif?itemid=5954781

"Anyone recognize that name he used? Tezu Nomo?"

Rolls

Generic INT Skill Check (History/Arcana/Religion/Investigation, etc) - (1d20+1)

(17) + 1 = 18

May 23, 2019 3:54 pm
Mordred's never heard of him.
May 24, 2019 4:05 pm
Domarc comes up to where the final fight occurred, and heads to the one left prone on the ground, drawing his dagger.

"I'll ease your passage, neighbour. But first tell us more of Tezu Nomo."

Rolls

Persuasion - (1d20+10)

(7) + 10 = 17

May 24, 2019 4:41 pm
It takes Domarc a moment to rouse the battered orc, but when he comes to his senses enough to understand the question, he glares at Domarc with dull yellow eyes in a growling voice that grows ever more boastful in tone:

"Tezu Nomo is of the White Split Hands. Tezu Nomo has the gift. The ancestors' gift. Tezu Nomo made a bargain with the dragonlord. This is why the sons of Gruumsh die for him, the Goat Eaters and the Rock Splitters and the Horned Skulls. For him we put aside feuding. He gave to us the city that men abandoned. We shall increase."
May 24, 2019 5:36 pm
"Tezu Nomo is an orc, like you? Or a human?" Mordred nods towards the humans in the party.

"My friends and I have gifts, too." He gestures to the after-effects of the Fireball and the dead orcs. "If you want to help us, maybe you can be the new Tezu Nomo."
Last edited May 24, 2019 5:39 pm

Rolls

Persuasion - (1d20+8)

(18) + 8 = 26

May 24, 2019 6:07 pm
"White Split Hands is a clan of ogres. But Tezu Nomo is not like them." He glances around as Mordred gestures. "I do not want to help you," he says. "Send me back to the underworld. Let Gruumsh forge me new."
May 27, 2019 5:58 pm
Domarc nods, and uses his dagger to end the orc's life.

"Interesting. A clan of ogres, and Tezu Nomo the leader. Seems like he's unified the orcs and whatever else. I expect they occupy Old Hilltown, as we heard."
Last edited May 27, 2019 5:58 pm
May 28, 2019 4:42 pm
There's still one not-quite-dead orc on the ground.
May 28, 2019 6:05 pm
BullOctorok says:
There's still one not-quite-dead orc on the ground.
*Probes their thoughts, why not*
May 28, 2019 11:17 pm
The orc's thoughts are disordered; he expects to be dead, and the sensations of life that are reaching him in his current unconscious state are confusing and distressing to him. He vaguely fears that he is dishonoring himself somehow.
May 29, 2019 2:36 pm
"The Death Octagon will see you safely to your next plane, orc."

Casts a Minor Illusion of a black octagon with a miniature orc disappearing into it.
OOC:
Rest in peace, fantasy Klingon!
May 29, 2019 4:44 pm
You are about two miles southwest of Old Hilltown. You will be seen if you approach directly along the road; it would be possible to go around it and enter the valley from the surrounding hills but this will add some time to your journey, your horses may have difficulty, and you know that there are orc scouts in the hills.
May 29, 2019 5:45 pm
"Whichever way we go, let's take a short rest first. I need to a bit of rereading here."

Takes out spellbook to begin Arcane Recovery of Disguise Self, Sleep, and Silent Image.
May 29, 2019 10:10 pm
"Aye, our new friend is right - I think some rest is in order." Felor eases himself onto the ground, pulls some bandages and healing ointments from his pack, and starts to dress his wounds.

Spend 4 hit dice for healing.
Last edited May 29, 2019 10:10 pm

Rolls

Hit dice - (4d8)

(5758) = 25

May 30, 2019 2:35 pm
"Ah, ointments – the key to true health. My great grandmother Rurly Anne used to have an ointment bath on the first full moon of each year. She still lives, at 480 years of age! 'Avoid disappointment by using ointment, she used to say.''"
May 30, 2019 6:05 pm
Zangua waits for a quiet moment to ask, "What are we expecting when we get there?"

Rolls

Spending HD - (3d10+9)

(1089) + 9 = 36

May 30, 2019 6:29 pm
Avoid disappointment by using ointment, she used to say

This is great, especially because I assume the rhyme doesn't exist in Gnomish and it is just a coincidence.

I think we go the back way guerilla-style, focusing on taking out scouts before they have a chance to get away. Mordred can Stealth along ahead of the party if needed. We can leave the horses here.
May 31, 2019 7:38 pm
Anneganne Anne looks up from her book for a moment and says "I will also go ahead with the unnoticeables if they go ahead" then drops back down to furrowed-brow spell review.
load next

Thread locked