Chapter Seven: The Stalemate At Loton's Cove

load previous
Nov 15, 2019 12:15 pm
"Anyone else get a bad feeling about this?"

He takes a large stick from the ground nearby and tosses it down the corridor.
Nov 15, 2019 3:55 pm
"I have nothing about bad feelings about this. Between the scrying ability of our foe, and the doorman, I do not think we have surprise on our side. But I also think we have come too far to retreat..."
Nov 15, 2019 4:58 pm
The stick lands on the stony floor of the corridor without incident.
Nov 15, 2019 6:17 pm
"Yeah," says Zangua. "Let's get this over with." He proceeds into the corridor, sword and shield at the ready.
Nov 15, 2019 6:45 pm
Zangua enters the corridor. Gravel crunches under his feet. There's a stairwell at the end of it, ascending steeply to the west, your left.
Nov 19, 2019 6:06 pm
Zangua takes a moment to stare at the far stairwell, then proceeds forward to the west.
Nov 19, 2019 7:09 pm
Anybody else following Zangua inside?
Nov 19, 2019 8:54 pm
rocksteady says:
"Anyone else get a bad feeling about this?"
"I've been having bad feelings about most things these days..." says Felor, peering down the corridor, then following Zangua.

Is the corridor lit at all?
Nov 20, 2019 5:57 am
Leth, caught a little off guard by Mordred's joke about Vehzyen, brings up the rear solemnly.

"Honestly, I can't remember the last time I had a good feeling about something..."
Last edited November 20, 2019 6:01 am
Nov 20, 2019 3:40 pm
"Good feelings are for warm taverns," Domarc says. "Infiltrating devil cult strongholds, not so much."
Nov 20, 2019 4:55 pm
The corridor is not lit, but there's some natural light coming in from the opening.
Nov 22, 2019 5:16 pm
Posting may be sporadic next week. Is the party generally down with proceeding through this passage and seeing where it leads?
Nov 22, 2019 5:19 pm
OOC:
Zangua wants to press ahead, perhaps in a misguided attempt to be proactive instead of reactive.
Nov 23, 2019 2:05 pm
OOC:
Felor also wants to press on; waiting around too long might invite further attack from the inhabitants
Dec 2, 2019 6:22 pm
Hope everybody had a good holiday weekend where applicable, game resumes shortly.
Dec 3, 2019 6:18 pm
You follow the stairs up some ways, steeply ascending through narrow, twisting passages up through the cold inner stone of the mountain.

Eventually, you emerge into a small chamber about 30' round, with a high domed ceiling with a wide hole in the middle. In the center of this chamber is a wooden platform about 6' square, with a waist-high post at each corner topped by a carved face with wings, curled hair, and large eyes. A circle has been burned into the wood platform, extending almost to the edges, with arrangements of sigils and diagrammatic symbols burned within it.

Opposite the stairs, a short section of a stone column rests on the ground, and upon it sits a boxy paper lantern that emits a pale pink glow.
Dec 3, 2019 11:17 pm
"That's inviting." Leth remarks as they enter the chamber.
OOC:
What kind of check are we looking at to try and figure out what this is?
Dec 3, 2019 11:31 pm
Investigation never hurts...
Dec 3, 2019 11:53 pm
While the others investigate the platform, Zangua looks about for other exits.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+6)

(6) + 6 = 12

load next

Thread locked