Chapter Seven: The Stalemate At Loton's Cove

load previous
Jan 8, 2020 12:32 am
Felor's utterance causes a single flame to reappear momentarily.

Are any of you actually standing on the platform? Just curious.
Jan 8, 2020 12:43 am
Zangua hasn't thought to stand on the platform, yet.
Jan 8, 2020 5:45 pm
I think Domarc moved onto the platform during the combat and hasn't moved off yet

"So, it's different languages," Domarc says, looking satisfied. "Maybe we should all get on the platform and try four different languages at once? I can do Elvish, Felor Dwarvish, somebody in Common, and what else?"
Jan 9, 2020 6:49 pm
Zangua climbs onto the platform. "I only know Common," he says. "Do we say the word at the same time, or is this another sequence that might trigger another trap?"
Jan 9, 2020 9:51 pm
Felor was on the platform as he inspected the pillar.
Jan 9, 2020 11:35 pm
Domarc, Felor, and Zangua = confirmed standing on the platform

Mordred, Leth = off the platform as of this post

Max. flames lit = 2
Jan 10, 2020 3:40 pm
"I think we try for the same time," Domarc suggests. "So, we'll do it on three, once we know who has our fourth language."

[
Jan 11, 2020 1:19 am
OOC:
I'm back! I think this might be the first time I've turned on my computer since I got home from the holidays...
"Does it need to be a different language, or do we just need to say it four times in total?" Leth asks as he steps onto the platform. "In any case, I think I know enough elvish and dwarvish to give a go at either language if we need to."

He looks at the posts and thinks for a moment. "I wonder... if there's room underneath it to go down, too?"
Last edited January 11, 2020 1:21 am
Jan 13, 2020 5:25 pm
When Leth says "down," one of the flames lights up momentarily.
Jan 13, 2020 5:26 pm
"Which way are we going, up or down?" asks Zangua.
Jan 13, 2020 5:59 pm
There is a hole in the ceiling but the platform is resting on solid ground, suggesting that up is the only direction to go from here.

The same flame sputters and flickers over one post.
Jan 15, 2020 1:23 am
"I'm assuming we'll need to go up to find what we're looking for. I just wondered if maybe there was a secret hole or something under the platform that might let it go down. But to be honest," Leth says, gesturing at the poles with an amused grin, "It's kind of fun to just say up and down and watch it go crazy."

......"Anyway, we all gonna say 'up', or what?"
Last edited January 15, 2020 1:23 am
Jan 15, 2020 5:04 pm
Leth causes the same flame to appear and flicker several times.
Jan 15, 2020 5:28 pm
I'll allow Insight checks for hints at this point.
Jan 15, 2020 5:39 pm
Zangua musters some patience as he studies the posts and which flames ignite on the words.

Rolls

Insight - (1d20+6)

(6) + 6 = 12

Jan 15, 2020 6:55 pm
"Hm. I thought all of us saying 'up' in different languages would do it," Domarc says, pondering.

Rolls

Insight check - (1d20+3)

(19) + 3 = 22

Jan 15, 2020 7:16 pm
It occurs to Domarc that there must be a way for a single person, or at least fewer than four, to active the elevator. The posts light up whenever the words "up" or "down" are uttered; and the only time two were lit simultaneously was when two people spoke the words in close succession.
Jan 15, 2020 8:40 pm
"Maybe each person just has to say it," suggests Zangua. "If three of us want to go, we all go or it don't go."
Jan 15, 2020 8:57 pm
"Might be right," Domarc says. "I guess it makes more sense than what I was thinking."
Jan 15, 2020 9:35 pm
OOC:
If we want to test it, we can have two people on the platform that say "up" and see where it goes. If it's not a good place, immediately say "down?"

Or, we can all get on and take our chances together!
load next

Thread locked