I think one person just needs to say "Up up up up" lol
Jan 16, 2020 4:12 pm
OOC:
Up, up and away? I think we all go together
Jan 16, 2020 4:15 pm
OOC:
I feel like you just need to say "up up up up"
Jan 16, 2020 4:30 pm
"Up, Up, Up, Up," Domarc says, watching the four posts on the platform.
Jan 16, 2020 7:12 pm
Four flames spark to life above each of the posts' heads. The platform begins to rise, smoothly and swiftly, up toward the tunnel in the ceiling.

All aboard?
Jan 16, 2020 7:19 pm
Zangua tries to keep his balance, uncertain about the platform's stability.
Jan 16, 2020 7:21 pm
The platform is very stable; you don't feel like you could rock or tip it if you tried.
Jan 16, 2020 7:24 pm
OOC:
Certainly, but Zangua's not used to this confound magical contraptions!
Jan 16, 2020 10:22 pm
Okay, you know what? I'm not giving any of you the chance to overthink this, You're all on the damn elevator.

The platform accelerates as it rises up through the stone veins of the mountain, through widening caverns and secret hollows where phosphorescent lights pass by in the blink of an eye. You all wrap your cloaks tightly against yourselves as the ascent grows chillier.

The platform begins to slow, and soon comes to a stop at the bottom of some deep cleft high up on the mountain. A jagged opening exposes the sky high above you, and about forty feet ahead there are thick iron-bound doors set into a wall of dark stone blocks. Although you can't see the rest of the fortress, you surmise that you have arrived at an entrance to one of its lowest levels.

Two long-fingered, outstretched iron hands serve as door handles. The doors do not appear to be locked.
Jan 16, 2020 11:29 pm
Definitely didn't just spend 3 weeks trying to figure out how to press the UP button on an elevator
Jan 17, 2020 4:03 am
OOC:
We solved your elevator puzzle!

.....finally.
"You know," Leth mused, "I think the funniest thing about this to me is imagining that doorman or Tezu what's-his-face just saying 'up' and 'down' over and over again any time they want to move floors."
Last edited January 17, 2020 4:03 am
Jan 17, 2020 4:08 pm
OOC:
The party's next month-long dilemma... a plate of beans.
Zangua looks at the doors warily. "Something tells me, with all the weird junk lying about this place, that these doors are going to do something nasty to us if we don't do the secret handshake."
Jan 17, 2020 6:19 pm
Always a good idea to Detect Magic and check for traps, but I'm disinclined to throw any more Tomb Raider puzzles at you for the time being.
Jan 17, 2020 7:13 pm
OOC:
I guess that's the advantage of bumbling around solving a puzzle
"I'm not certain that the doors will be the problem," Domarc says. "My brain squirms like a toad, thinking about the greeting that might lie beyond them."
OOC:
What time of day is it?
Jan 21, 2020 10:39 am
Do there appear to be any other paths/entrances in this area or is it just the lift and the main doors?
Jan 21, 2020 4:30 pm
"And we approach the doors in the witching hour," Domarc says. "Our timing is impeccable."
Jan 21, 2020 5:15 pm
"So we just open 'em up?" asks Zangua, as he sheathes his sword to step for the door hand-les. "Or do we have to knock?"
Jan 21, 2020 5:36 pm
It's just the lift and the doors. You could theoretically climb up the walls and emerge on the mountainside somewhere near the base of the fortress, but that would be quite a project.
Jan 22, 2020 3:02 am
"I guess we just open it." Leth says before approaching the doors to inspect them.

Rolls

Investigate - (1d20+5)

(10) + 5 = 15

load next

Thread locked