Campaign Discussion

Feb 5, 2019 8:54 am
Hi all, we'll be starting in this thread to discuss what kind of game you're all wanting and any themes you might want to crop up. Don't sweat the name of the game so much at the moment, it's just a placeholder for the moment.

Main thing to initially decide is whether you all want it to be Edge of the Empire, Age of Rebellion, or Force and Destiny focused.

A little about me - I've run Star Wars for a number of years now and played and run several games of it during my time on Gamersplane. I'm pretty comfortable accommodating most types of games but if anything that we're doing in the game isn't working or any of you are just not enjoying things then just let me know and I'll see what I can do to change things up.
Feb 5, 2019 9:21 am
Hello, thanks for the invitation !
Let's wait for others to join and start discussing that.

I have run some Star Wars games at home but I am still learning, I never played it though. (We ran EotE and FaD beginner games and we are currently running a campaign in the Dawn of Rebellion-era introducing rebellion to the PCs and offering them the opportunity to be part of the rebellion or imperial double-agents).
Feb 5, 2019 2:12 pm
Hello there! Thanks a lot for the invite and I am glad to be around here!

I was actually thinking that we could go with some Force and Destiny... or allow some sort of mix between all of them? I have always been intrigued with the fight between light and dark, perhaps even being hunted by the Empire or after Endor... something new and exciting... but just saying.
Feb 5, 2019 4:18 pm
Hey all, I've GMed a couple ffg star wars games here before (one lasted nearly two years), and played in a couple here (one that lasted I think over two years, McNeil's was there too :P), and played on a couple IRL.

I'm most interested in a Force and Destiny PC, as I havent gotten to do much with it as a player.
Feb 5, 2019 4:49 pm
Force and Destiny is fine for me, do you have an era in mind, it may influence the way the characters may be developped regarding to their use of the force ?
Feb 5, 2019 9:57 pm
I've got one Star Wars character in inventory that was created with EotE rules. I'm really disappointed that the company had to have completely different sets of rules for each iteration of the game. Dagit Smulesh is a Dothan Smuggler/Pilot. If no one else is thinking along those lines I would just as soon use him. On the other hand, character creation is my favorite part of the game so if the rest of you are uncomfortable with EotE or having a Dothen Smuggler in your midst I can always come up with something else.
Feb 5, 2019 10:29 pm
Aldrusian says:
I'm really disappointed that the company had to have completely different sets of rules for each iteration of the game.
There really are no different rules between the 3 cores (aside from Morality, I guess), just different player and GM options and flavor. All 3 are 100% compatible with and across each other.
Feb 5, 2019 10:41 pm
They are compatible and can be mixed. The campaign I run is primarily set in a war / counter-intelligence setup that fits well with Age of Rebellion but the PCs are built mostly from AoR and FaD lines, mixing soldiers and former jedis in the same group.
They all have Morality and Duty (but can get bonus from only one source).
Feb 6, 2019 12:44 am
I'll go ahead and submit Dagit and you guys can let me know what you think and what I'm missing. It's set to be publicly viewable.
Feb 6, 2019 9:45 am
I've accepted Dagit into the game, link to the character is here

All good ideas so far peeps. The general consensus seems to be a game leaning towards more F+D characters and themes but I would say feel free to draw up a character from any of the lines if there's something you're really wanting to play.

The default timeline I've been running for my RL games is set a couple of years after the battle of Endor but there are a few tweaks to cannon - basically most of the big named characters died at the battle of Endor and the Empire didn't collapse totally after the battle of Jaku and still holds most of the Core, Colonies and Inner Rim worlds, the New Republic are struggling to get off the ground and are mostly hold onto worlds in the Outer and Mid Rim regions, the Expansion Region is kind of sandwiched between the two 'sides'. There's a few other things going on but I pretty much wanted things to be in a place where things were still close enough to be 'Star Wars' but far enough off Cannon to free things up.

How's that sound to you all?
Feb 6, 2019 11:55 am
This setup is interesting because between a dying Empire and a beginning republic there is plenty of ways to bring EotE and AoR campaigns.
In the mess left from the lack of strong governments and war in all parts of the Galaxy, the fringe life may be at its peak, and the war effort is equilibrated, with a large importance in acquiring strategic ressources and systems through war, but also through diplomacy.

But how do you see the force here ? As all trained force users but Luke Skywalker mostly disappeared, how would a force user could appear apart from Force emergent universal tree ? FaD careers seems out of reach for non trained individuals. Or we could agree to introduce Yoda-like hidden old masters from before the clone wars, willing to pass their knowledge before dying.
Feb 6, 2019 1:35 pm
LaGouache says:
But how do you see the force here ? As all trained force users but Luke Skywalker mostly disappeared, how would a force user could appear apart from Force emergent universal tree ? FaD careers seems out of reach for non trained individuals. Or we could agree to introduce Yoda-like hidden old masters from before the clone wars, willing to pass their knowledge before dying.
Well that would only be relevant for those wanting to start off with a Force Sensitive character. I'm open to suggestions on that front but there are an awful lot more force traditions in the setting that just Jedi or Sith. It could be that you used to have access to a teaching holocron that lead you through your first steps or that you were tutored by someone (ex-jedi, other tradition adept, etc) or some other method suitable to your character. One of the main things that will influence it is whether you wanted to have your characters know each other before the start of the game or not, could be a common way you came to it or you could all have different ways you learnt the force.
Feb 6, 2019 1:58 pm
I already have a character that I created for another campaing with similar setting but not the same... he was tutored by Lor San Tekka and the Church of the Force but since Lor San Tekka is not Force Sensitive, he pretty much is missing all what it takes to be a real Jedi... just a Force Sensitive character learning and stuff... I am going to submit it to see if it works for the current setting and do let me know.
Feb 6, 2019 5:14 pm
I'll probably do a "Force Wizard" type (similar to what I wanted to play in the campaign that went nowhere). Seer or maybe even Niman. Heavy in Willpower, with some "Face" capabilities (Influence Power).
Feb 6, 2019 8:54 pm
So is Dagit going to be the only non-force character? He'd be your taxi driver. That is if our fearless GM allows him to own or steal a ship. A simple freighter will do. He'll spend all his free time and any credits he gets his hands on to improve the thing, engine-wise, shield-wise and weapon-wise.
Feb 6, 2019 8:57 pm
Having a sniper is always useful for the Force team you know? I remember KOTOR all the time... the best way to kill a Jedi/Sith is to target their allies from afar... soooo... sniper+pilot sounds awesome
Feb 6, 2019 9:08 pm
I suppose I will do a Force user too. Not decided yet on what type, maybe a Stealth-based Sentinel, or something more original if I get some inspiration.
Feb 7, 2019 3:44 am
Are we going to be allowed to start with lightsabers?
Feb 7, 2019 8:45 am
Aldrusian says:
So is Dagit going to be the only non-force character? He'd be your taxi driver. That is if our fearless GM allows him to own or steal a ship. A simple freighter will do. He'll spend all his free time and any credits he gets his hands on to improve the thing, engine-wise, shield-wise and weapon-wise.
You'll have some sort of transport available. Depending on what we decide for the game will dictate the specifics but where my minds at currently is you'll either be roaming about a fair bit so would have access to a ship with a hyperdrive or you'll mostly be based in one system with a number of notable planets so would have something that may not have a hyperdrive so you'd potentially need to piggy back off of a bigger ship for doing trips outside of your 'home' system.
VexanderG says:
Are we going to be allowed to start with lightsabers?
No....well, not full combat sabers at any rate. The only thing I'd consider would be for you to have a training sabre but I'd need a compelling reason why you'd have one if we're playing in the kindof time period I outlined above.
Feb 7, 2019 8:48 pm
I can submit a character concept, let me know if he can be used in this game. It is still to be developped completly though.
Feb 7, 2019 8:50 pm
So I believe that my character will do for the time being ... do let me know if that doesn't work.
Feb 7, 2019 9:38 pm
If you decide to go with a decent size ship I favor the YT-2000.
Feb 9, 2019 11:32 pm
Right, I’ve approved all of the characters pending. I’m pretty happy for you all to play whatever you want and I’ll fit things in around the group makeup. As no one has raised any objections to the timeline I proposed I’m going to prep the game accordingly and will be leaning towards a F+D / Edge themed game primarily. I’ll flesh things out more in the next few days but I’ll have a few questions I could do with you all answering to give us a better idea of where we’ll be kicking things off.
Feb 10, 2019 1:46 am
OK. Let's make sure we all know each others basic character. Dagit is a Smuggler/Pilot. He would be looking for someone to operate the weapons' systems while he practices evasive maneuvers.
Feb 10, 2019 2:59 am
Sounds good... Garth Corliss is a human training to become a Jedi, he doesn't have a lightsaber but has an ancient blade that allows him to be prepared for the time when he gets a real lightsaber. He is an Ataru Striker and knows how to pilot as well and has some knowledge in weapon systems.
Feb 10, 2019 5:16 am
Note
Dagit is rank 3 in piloting and rank 2 in starship gunnery
Feb 10, 2019 7:05 am
Daos is a Togruta that studied arts of the Force alone with ancient Jedi relics he found. He is a Guardian Warleader, focused on support and ranged combat.
Feb 10, 2019 3:35 pm
Aldrusian says:
Note
Dagit is rank 3 in piloting and rank 2 in starship gunnery
I know that wasn't meant for me, but you can't start the game with any Skill over Rank 2.

My PC is a Twi'lek Seer. Very much "Face" skill-oriented. Sense and Influence Powers, presently. Probably go into Misdirect and maybe even Move in the future...
Feb 10, 2019 5:30 pm
That must be something new then. I played this character before with a piloting rank of 3. If the GM says 2, I will change it to 2
Feb 10, 2019 5:39 pm
Aldrusian says:
That must be something new then.
Heh, I have the Edge of the Empire beta book, and that's been the rule since the first books first beta. But, yea, was just trying to help you out actually. Spending a bunch of XP on skills at character creation is generally not thought of as optimal in this system.
Feb 11, 2019 10:28 am
Aldrusian says:
That must be something new then. I played this character before with a piloting rank of 3. If the GM says 2, I will change it to 2
No that's the limit in all the core books, the only time you can go over a starting Skill rank of 2 at character creation is if you have a species ability that allows it (the only one that comes to mind is the Human Corellian variant which allows for a starting characters Pilot (Space) to be at 3 IIRC).
Feb 11, 2019 9:23 pm
OK, I've had the EotE core rulebook for some time so I went back and reviewed everything and have made the adjustments necessary. The question that does arise, though, is regarding a possible ship. As I see it there are two possible paths regarding the ship. It can belong to Dagit for which he owes a debt for repayment of the loan taken out to purchase the ship or it can be owned by the team and repayment can be made out of profits made off each job completed. The method of repayment would have to be worked out; both with the GM and with the other members of the team. The other option is for the ship to be on loan and only be used for jobs as specified by the entity loaning out the ship, i.e., the GM. Since Dagit loves to make improvements to the ship he would prefer the first option.
Last edited February 15, 2019 4:37 pm
Feb 15, 2019 10:08 am
Hi all, I've not forgotten about this, just had a manic few days IRL.

So the two questions I think I really need to know are the following (other questions may follow up after):

Are you an established group? If so what are your group's aims if any?
Is your group mobile (having ownership of a hyper drive enabled ship) or are you based at a set location?
Feb 15, 2019 4:29 pm
mcneils5 says:

Are you an established group? If so what are your group's aims if any?
I vote, yes. As for aims, since we're mostly FUs, avoiding the Empire would probably be tops on that list? Aside from that, trying to make a living on the fringes of the Galaxy?
mcneils5 says:
Is your group mobile (having ownership of a hyper drive enabled ship) or are you based at a set location?
I say, let's be mobile.
Feb 15, 2019 4:39 pm
Count me in league with emsquared
Feb 19, 2019 11:40 am
Excellent, so seems like the last thing we need to sort out is the type of ship you guys have access to then. I'm going with a merge of the starting resources from EotE and FaD so the options are as follows:

Wayfarer Medium Transport (EotE pg 263)
YT-1300 Light Freighter (EotE pg 264)
Firespray system Patrol Craft (EotE pg 255)
G-9 Rigger Light Freighter(FaD pg 262)
None of the above and pick a ship that costs 70000 credits or less

Also what are your thoughts on Obligation and Morality? Given that we're playing with a mixed group I was planning for everyone to use Obligation for their starting benefits (take a 10 point Obligation as standard, can take up to an additional 10 points of Obligation for extra XP, credits, or both) and have all the force users start with a Morality of 50. Does that sound like a workable plan for everyone or does that not sit well?
Feb 19, 2019 7:48 pm
I personally prefer any of the Corellian ships. In this case the YT-1300 is the most customizable and has 6 hard points. I would look for a couple of holds that could hold some hidey-holes, a longer range sensor array. A few more weapons and a better shield.

I could do with some extra XP. Perhaps an obligation could have something to do with the ship.
Feb 19, 2019 8:34 pm
I'll defer to the pilot 100% on the ship.

RE: obligation and morality, I would prefer to be subject mechanically to only one or the other (where if it's obligation, morality could be handled in a "we know the Darkside when we see it" sort of way), but it's not the end of the world to me if it's both.
Feb 19, 2019 9:47 pm
I think that both obligation and morality is nice, I experimented it in some games and it went ok.
As long as the rules for XP bonus are clear from the beginning for everyon (like here : bonus for obligation but not for morality)
Feb 22, 2019 2:16 am
Hello all. Have played in only a handful of SWFFG games and all cramped out before 15xp. Knowing a few of the players involved in this game I feel this one will not crap out that fast. I am fairly familiar with the rules and have a hotshot pilot made from other games. It is an easy tweak to make him an engineer that will most of the additions and repairs of the ship, kinda like Chewie to Dagit's Han.

For a story: I could have been the engineer Dagit left the ship with. After some time I felt leaving him was wrong and starting looking for him. In my travels I stumbled upon a few fleeing or hiding Jedi types that needed help. In return for assistance they agreed to help me find Dagit.

After finding him we had grown close and felt it best to keep ourselves together. It was working. Don't fix what isn't broke.
Thoughts? Details?
Feb 22, 2019 2:25 am
Hey Apex, good to see ya again.

I like the story idea.
Feb 22, 2019 7:10 am
I had one written up for Caid but it was in the threads of a game I left so....its gone. Thought I kept it s somewhere but I guess not. All good. Same character different location of background. Still works.

OK story is rough and we can iron out some small stuff now but getting to detailed will paint us into a corner for future story links.

Caid grew up on a shipyard(It was DD12 a shipyard orbiting Duros. Not sure if that can fit anywhere.) where he would have met Dagit at some point. He helped his father work on ship repairs that came into port and loved every second of it. He and his brother would always "test" the ships after the repairs by racing through an abandoned section of the port. One day they came across a scene they were not supposed to see. Chased by the criminals only Caid got away as his brother sacrificed himself to give him time to escape.
An investigation was launched but nothing came of it as the law force was meek at best and a slum kid going missing was not a top priority for them. Eventually his brother was believed dead and the case was closed.
Caid continued to work at the repair shop with his father but never gave up on the belief that his brother was still alive, not so much could be said about his parents. It tools a few years but they gave in and Caid brothers death was a truth for them as well. It hurt them too much to keep believing, they said. Not Ciad. Not long after that Caid left home leaving behind a note saying his was gonna look for his brother.

It took some time but with his skill of mechanics and as a decent co-pilot he found a way off the shipyard. He spend years searching coming up empty year after year. He took to drinking and drugs, booster blue was his drug of choice. It sent him far away, back to when he and his brother would race through the shipyard, their adrenaline spiking. He soon became addicted to it or at least getting that rush.
Feb 22, 2019 11:27 am
Right, the way I'm leaning at the moment is to use Obligation mechanically to affect the group and overall story dynamic but then have force users track a fairly loose morality score (start at 50, if you do something really bad it drops, really good it rises) at least to start off with.

Will give another day or so for DM_Apexwolf to finalize their character and any connections to the group and for any additional comments before I kick things off.
Feb 22, 2019 3:56 pm
Just wanted to check mcneil's, have you accepted PCs yet? I can't post my avatar.
Feb 22, 2019 6:59 pm
Yeah I have, just added one of my old characters to check....seems to be working for me....
Feb 22, 2019 7:01 pm
Works too !
Last edited February 22, 2019 7:01 pm

Rolls

Shooting Darth Vader

1 Success, 4 Advantage, 2 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Failure, 3 Advantage

Feb 22, 2019 9:50 pm
Dagit was thrilled when Caid found him. They were like brothers from other mothers. Dagit had started in design and moved quickly to building and testing ships and now is finally bent on outfitting his own ship even if it meant sharing it with several other people. He was certain that Caid wanted to be part of that. What race is Caid? Dagit is a Bothan.
Feb 23, 2019 12:56 am
Duros. Fucking love Duros. Cad Bane baby.
Feb 25, 2019 1:29 pm
Right, will kick things off later today. We can shake about anything that's not working/sitting well with people as we go. the last two things I need (but not before we start) are:

What's your ship's name?
Anyone who hasn't defined their starting Obligation types and values can you please do so and add them onto your character.
Feb 25, 2019 3:34 pm
I think I am mostly done with Obligation.

For the ship, I would call it: Chu'unthor

It's a jab to the Legends Academy Ship used to train Jedi... but just saying... :P
Feb 25, 2019 3:48 pm
I always liked Cursed Raven. It WAS going to my ship in the last campaign I used this character.
Feb 25, 2019 6:44 pm
My choice is Star of Dac, one of the names of the Mon Calamari home world which was Dagit's adopted home.
Feb 25, 2019 6:48 pm
Regarding obligation, I was hoping that you would give me some ideas based on how we came by the ship. I'm assuming Dagit had a major hand in acquiring it. Perhaps something along the lines repaying the debt incurred in acquiring the ship.
Feb 26, 2019 11:52 am
Episode 1 is started, thread is here
Jun 5, 2019 1:37 pm
Added a post with details of the Star of Dac here
Dec 6, 2019 1:03 am
Hey y'all! New addition here, excited to start playing. I'm not certain what the current composition of the party looks like exactly, but I was eyeing a few different specs; maybe Hired Gun - Mercenary Soldier, Bounty Hunter - Skip Tracer, or somewhere in the Spy career. I'm open to pretty much anything. Am I correct in understanding that this is primarily an Edge game? Nice to meet y'all, and I should have a character setup asap :)
Last edited December 6, 2019 3:32 am
Dec 6, 2019 4:29 pm
We got a Shadow and a Mechanic, I guess a pikot as well but he is an NPC now as the player in nonresponsive.
Yes we are doing an Edge game. Currently we are on an abandoned planet, or a location on the planet, searching for...can't remeber at the moment. Basically it's a typical starting mission...so far muahahaha. Oh wait, I'm not the GM.
Dec 6, 2019 8:14 pm
Sounds good lmao, thanks for the info. I gave the IC thread a quick read-through. I'm thinking I might go with Hired Gun - Enforcer to round out the party a bit; a bulky, intimidating Aqualish, maybe one who escaped from servitude. If that sounds good with everyone, I'll have a character sheet submitted soon.
Dec 6, 2019 9:20 pm
My character is more of a hacker/sniper. I'd welcome a bulky destroyer of things.
Dec 7, 2019 3:17 am
As would I. Not the toughest but could fix the Millennium Falcon
Dec 9, 2019 5:11 am
Qorsz Vorik, musclebound Aqualish ex-enforcer of Viz'ra the Hutt, is submitted and I think currently awaiting GM approval. All he really wants is to make his own way in the galaxy and do what he does best (after working under Viz'ra's gross Hutt-thumb for most of his life), but he just can't catch a break with those pesky bounty hunters :(
Dec 9, 2019 8:56 am
Sounds good Wooville, I'll take a look over your character and get you approved shortly. Should be able to get you added in pretty quickly but will cover that in the IC thread.
Jan 2, 2020 9:18 pm
Hi all, now we're into the new years I'm going to pick this back up again.

Welcome to crazybirdman and aRePiiGee who are joining. Once you've got characters sorted I'll be bringing you in with wooville's character. Any questions feel free to fire away
Jan 2, 2020 9:36 pm
Awesome thanks for the invite. What kind of characters does the group still need?
Jan 2, 2020 9:41 pm
I am an engineer and have been playing with only one other who is a shadow...so muscle.
Last edited January 2, 2020 9:42 pm
Jan 2, 2020 10:41 pm
Ok cool, I was thinking of hired gun bodyguard so that would work well.
Jan 2, 2020 10:54 pm
My character is a brawny Hired Gun as well (Enforcer), but it doesn't bother me at all if we're doubled up there. I don't think it would be a problem. Also, welcome, you two! Excited to start playing.
Jan 2, 2020 11:01 pm
Ah well I can go for a different flavor lol. I'm not married to a particular idea. What's the story with force careers and such for this campaign?
Last edited January 2, 2020 11:08 pm
Jan 2, 2020 11:21 pm
I'm happy for anything, I can tailor things to fit most party makeups without too many issues.

Force and Destiny careers and Specialisations are fine but other than those who were working as part of the Empires Inquisitorius there aren't any overtly public force traditions at play in the larger galaxy currently. Not ruling anything out at this stage so if you've got an idea let me know.

The current party is on a planet called Deltorath to retrieve something. The planet was at one point home to an imperial facility of some sort but the Imp's pulled out some time ago leaving a bunch of people stranded in the now largely abandoned city. The new characters will have been stuck on the planet when the Imp's withdrew and have fallen in with one of the few scattered groups lead by a Weequay woman called Sorda - I'll leave it down to you how involved with the group or not you each are and what kind of terms you are on with Sorda.
Jan 2, 2020 11:27 pm
Alright cause I was maybe looking at Guardian protector, still kind of going for the bodyguard vibe but someone who's maybe force sensitive.
Jan 2, 2020 11:33 pm
aRePiiGee says:
Alright cause I was maybe looking at Guardian protector, still kind of going for the bodyguard vibe but someone who's maybe force sensitive.
Sounds good to me! Only thing I would say is if you wanted to take any Force Powers at the start just run them by me please
Jan 2, 2020 11:35 pm
Alright cool, I don't think I will I'd rather him discover the force through gameplay it's more interesting to me.
Jan 2, 2020 11:47 pm
Would it be alright if his obligation is a debt to Sorda? Like maybe she saved him from the Imperials before they left and now he's working as hired muscle for her to repay her?
Jan 3, 2020 12:03 am
aRePiiGee says:
Would it be alright if his obligation is a debt to Sorda? Like maybe she saved him from the Imperials before they left and now he's working as hired muscle for her to repay her?
That’s pretty much perfect :)
Jan 3, 2020 12:10 am
Alright awesome! I'll get my character submitted soon.
Jan 3, 2020 1:38 am
Alright Ven Zarik Submitted for approval.
Jan 6, 2020 8:54 am
aRePiiGee says:
Alright Ven Zarik Submitted for approval.
Ok, Ven is approved. I'm going to leave it another day or so to give crazybirdman a fair chance to get a character sorted (assuming that they're still interested that is) and then I'll get this moving again and loop the new PC's into things.
Jan 6, 2020 1:16 pm
Awesome sounds good.
Jan 6, 2020 2:28 pm
I don't think that I can give this game my full attention. I'm not active on this website anymore beyond this campaign. I will be backing out.
Jan 6, 2020 2:29 pm
Valens831 says:
I don't think that I can give this game my full attention. I'm not active on this website anymore beyond this campaign. I will be backing out.
No worries, thanks for the heads up
Jan 6, 2020 10:30 pm
Hey guys, sorry I just got here. Is there a gap the group needs filled? Sounds like muscle and brains and sneakyness are covered. Maybe a Face?
Jan 7, 2020 1:04 pm
Well so far we have:

Caid, Duros, Technician/Mechanic
Ven Zarik, Human, Guardian/Protector
Qorsz Vorik, Aqualish, Hired Gun/Enforcer

A Face type would probably fit in well but if there's something else you'd rather play don't feel like you have to go that direction.
Jan 7, 2020 2:48 pm
I'll whip up a Scoundrel today.
Jan 9, 2020 1:38 pm
crazybirdman says:
I'll whip up a Scoundrel today.
Right, I've approved Silus 'Guy' Govon - just need to have their Obligation added (needs to be at least 10 points but can be up to 20 if you want the additional XP for starting with)
Jan 10, 2020 5:39 am
mcneils5 says:
just need to have their Obligation added (needs to be at least 10 points but can be up to 20 if you want the additional XP for starting with)
1) Can I have an item, instead of the XP for my obligation? If so, I'd like this beauty, and would take the Favor obligation. If not, that's cool (i see this character as 'risk averse' when it comes to fighting, preferring to remain fai, far away[unless that doesn't work narratively of course])

2) I added my characters initial spending to the notes section, but I don't know how to show my roll for the starting credits.
Jan 10, 2020 5:19 pm
crazybirdman says:
1) Can I have an item, instead of the XP for my obligation? If so, I'd like this beauty, and would take the Favor obligation. If not, that's cool (i see this character as 'risk averse' when it comes to fighting, preferring to remain fai, far away[unless that doesn't work narratively of course])
Well you can use the obligation for credits instead of XP, would be up to you what you spend it on. Taking +5 Obligation (so upping your starting amount to 15) would net you an additional 1000 credits instead of +5 XP
crazybirdman says:
2) I added my characters initial spending to the notes section, but I don't know how to show my roll for the starting credits.
Normally you would do dice rolls on posts using the Advanced button at the bottom of the screen but don’t worry about it for that.
Jan 10, 2020 11:50 pm
1) got it, i guess in my head, the favor obligation makes more sense if it's an item instead of credits. I'll just take an item under that price (and with low rarity) No big

2) got it, no dice rolls on the character page.
I'll finish up the character sheet, and will be ready for you to introduce the new peeps when you are. Thank you so much!
Jan 17, 2020 3:08 pm
Ok, looks like we're all good to go - will get things moving again over the weekend!
Feb 7, 2020 3:35 pm
Ok, things were off to a bit of a slow start but we're moving now. Will give people a bit more time (say a week or so) to get back into the game but then if you've not posted in over 2 weeks without letting me know you'll be absent (I do check the absences thread in the main forums as well) I'll be looking to cut people from the game.

I'm happy to make allowances if people need it, and I do appreciate we were a bit slow to get moving, but I can't run a game if I don't have active players
Feb 8, 2020 1:22 am
Sounds fair.
Feb 8, 2020 4:43 pm
Sounds good. I check in often, but sometimes there's just nothing for my character to do at that moment, or we are waiting for a specific characters reply.
Feb 10, 2020 2:12 pm
crazybirdman says:
Sounds good. I check in often, but sometimes there's just nothing for my character to do at that moment, or we are waiting for a specific characters reply.
No that's fine, I would hope such situations would only take a few days at most so we shouldn't generally be in a situation where weeks go by without any input from anyone. It's not a rule I've enjoyed putting into my games but I've found myself to be having extreme difficulties with keeping some games going due to lack of engagement from certain players.
Feb 12, 2020 3:14 pm
Right, I've dropped Wooville and aRePiiGee from the game due to lack of engagement and no response from them. Will try to press on as is, should be fine will just need to tweak things a touch.
Feb 17, 2020 9:26 am
Ok, been doing a lot of thinking about this and I think it's time to put this game out of it's misery. In the last nearly year I've been running this I've had 8 players drop out or just ghost the game and in reflection it's pretty much killed my appetite to run this at the moment. Sorry peeps
Feb 18, 2020 10:27 pm
That's fine no sense wasting energy on this if nothing is happening. Thanks for trying
Feb 19, 2020 4:22 am
Well poop. Thanks Mcneils for giving it a go. Appreciate the time we had with it. Not sure why this sytem wont take off. Maybe its just me though.
Feb 20, 2020 2:53 pm
DM_Apexwolf says:
Well poop. Thanks Mcneils for giving it a go. Appreciate the time we had with it. Not sure why this sytem wont take off. Maybe its just me though.
No it's not just you mate, I've been in and run several SW games on here that just seem to die. Theres a lot of interest but for some reason it seems to attract a lot of people who just drop out of sight very quickly.
Feb 21, 2020 5:02 pm
Yep. It is a weird thing. I think people are hoping it will be more fast paced amd action packed like the movies. The system seems like it'd work for PbP but never pans out.
Feb 21, 2020 5:40 pm
Agreed. It is a great system and matches the tone of the movies, but no matter what pbp is not going to seem fast paced.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.