Campaign Discussion

Feb 5, 2019 8:54 am
Hi all, we'll be starting in this thread to discuss what kind of game you're all wanting and any themes you might want to crop up. Don't sweat the name of the game so much at the moment, it's just a placeholder for the moment.

Main thing to initially decide is whether you all want it to be Edge of the Empire, Age of Rebellion, or Force and Destiny focused.

A little about me - I've run Star Wars for a number of years now and played and run several games of it during my time on Gamersplane. I'm pretty comfortable accommodating most types of games but if anything that we're doing in the game isn't working or any of you are just not enjoying things then just let me know and I'll see what I can do to change things up.
Feb 5, 2019 9:21 am
Hello, thanks for the invitation !
Let's wait for others to join and start discussing that.

I have run some Star Wars games at home but I am still learning, I never played it though. (We ran EotE and FaD beginner games and we are currently running a campaign in the Dawn of Rebellion-era introducing rebellion to the PCs and offering them the opportunity to be part of the rebellion or imperial double-agents).
Feb 5, 2019 2:12 pm
Hello there! Thanks a lot for the invite and I am glad to be around here!

I was actually thinking that we could go with some Force and Destiny... or allow some sort of mix between all of them? I have always been intrigued with the fight between light and dark, perhaps even being hunted by the Empire or after Endor... something new and exciting... but just saying.
Feb 5, 2019 4:18 pm
Hey all, I've GMed a couple ffg star wars games here before (one lasted nearly two years), and played in a couple here (one that lasted I think over two years, McNeil's was there too :P), and played on a couple IRL.

I'm most interested in a Force and Destiny PC, as I havent gotten to do much with it as a player.
Feb 5, 2019 4:49 pm
Force and Destiny is fine for me, do you have an era in mind, it may influence the way the characters may be developped regarding to their use of the force ?
Feb 5, 2019 9:57 pm
I've got one Star Wars character in inventory that was created with EotE rules. I'm really disappointed that the company had to have completely different sets of rules for each iteration of the game. Dagit Smulesh is a Dothan Smuggler/Pilot. If no one else is thinking along those lines I would just as soon use him. On the other hand, character creation is my favorite part of the game so if the rest of you are uncomfortable with EotE or having a Dothen Smuggler in your midst I can always come up with something else.
Feb 5, 2019 10:29 pm
Aldrusian says:
I'm really disappointed that the company had to have completely different sets of rules for each iteration of the game.
There really are no different rules between the 3 cores (aside from Morality, I guess), just different player and GM options and flavor. All 3 are 100% compatible with and across each other.
Feb 5, 2019 10:41 pm
They are compatible and can be mixed. The campaign I run is primarily set in a war / counter-intelligence setup that fits well with Age of Rebellion but the PCs are built mostly from AoR and FaD lines, mixing soldiers and former jedis in the same group.
They all have Morality and Duty (but can get bonus from only one source).
Feb 6, 2019 12:44 am
I'll go ahead and submit Dagit and you guys can let me know what you think and what I'm missing. It's set to be publicly viewable.
Feb 6, 2019 9:45 am
I've accepted Dagit into the game, link to the character is here

All good ideas so far peeps. The general consensus seems to be a game leaning towards more F+D characters and themes but I would say feel free to draw up a character from any of the lines if there's something you're really wanting to play.

The default timeline I've been running for my RL games is set a couple of years after the battle of Endor but there are a few tweaks to cannon - basically most of the big named characters died at the battle of Endor and the Empire didn't collapse totally after the battle of Jaku and still holds most of the Core, Colonies and Inner Rim worlds, the New Republic are struggling to get off the ground and are mostly hold onto worlds in the Outer and Mid Rim regions, the Expansion Region is kind of sandwiched between the two 'sides'. There's a few other things going on but I pretty much wanted things to be in a place where things were still close enough to be 'Star Wars' but far enough off Cannon to free things up.

How's that sound to you all?
Feb 6, 2019 11:55 am
This setup is interesting because between a dying Empire and a beginning republic there is plenty of ways to bring EotE and AoR campaigns.
In the mess left from the lack of strong governments and war in all parts of the Galaxy, the fringe life may be at its peak, and the war effort is equilibrated, with a large importance in acquiring strategic ressources and systems through war, but also through diplomacy.

But how do you see the force here ? As all trained force users but Luke Skywalker mostly disappeared, how would a force user could appear apart from Force emergent universal tree ? FaD careers seems out of reach for non trained individuals. Or we could agree to introduce Yoda-like hidden old masters from before the clone wars, willing to pass their knowledge before dying.
Feb 6, 2019 1:35 pm
LaGouache says:
But how do you see the force here ? As all trained force users but Luke Skywalker mostly disappeared, how would a force user could appear apart from Force emergent universal tree ? FaD careers seems out of reach for non trained individuals. Or we could agree to introduce Yoda-like hidden old masters from before the clone wars, willing to pass their knowledge before dying.
Well that would only be relevant for those wanting to start off with a Force Sensitive character. I'm open to suggestions on that front but there are an awful lot more force traditions in the setting that just Jedi or Sith. It could be that you used to have access to a teaching holocron that lead you through your first steps or that you were tutored by someone (ex-jedi, other tradition adept, etc) or some other method suitable to your character. One of the main things that will influence it is whether you wanted to have your characters know each other before the start of the game or not, could be a common way you came to it or you could all have different ways you learnt the force.
Feb 6, 2019 1:58 pm
I already have a character that I created for another campaing with similar setting but not the same... he was tutored by Lor San Tekka and the Church of the Force but since Lor San Tekka is not Force Sensitive, he pretty much is missing all what it takes to be a real Jedi... just a Force Sensitive character learning and stuff... I am going to submit it to see if it works for the current setting and do let me know.
Feb 6, 2019 5:14 pm
I'll probably do a "Force Wizard" type (similar to what I wanted to play in the campaign that went nowhere). Seer or maybe even Niman. Heavy in Willpower, with some "Face" capabilities (Influence Power).
Feb 6, 2019 8:54 pm
So is Dagit going to be the only non-force character? He'd be your taxi driver. That is if our fearless GM allows him to own or steal a ship. A simple freighter will do. He'll spend all his free time and any credits he gets his hands on to improve the thing, engine-wise, shield-wise and weapon-wise.
Feb 6, 2019 8:57 pm
Having a sniper is always useful for the Force team you know? I remember KOTOR all the time... the best way to kill a Jedi/Sith is to target their allies from afar... soooo... sniper+pilot sounds awesome
Feb 6, 2019 9:08 pm
I suppose I will do a Force user too. Not decided yet on what type, maybe a Stealth-based Sentinel, or something more original if I get some inspiration.
Feb 7, 2019 3:44 am
Are we going to be allowed to start with lightsabers?
Feb 7, 2019 8:45 am
Aldrusian says:
So is Dagit going to be the only non-force character? He'd be your taxi driver. That is if our fearless GM allows him to own or steal a ship. A simple freighter will do. He'll spend all his free time and any credits he gets his hands on to improve the thing, engine-wise, shield-wise and weapon-wise.
You'll have some sort of transport available. Depending on what we decide for the game will dictate the specifics but where my minds at currently is you'll either be roaming about a fair bit so would have access to a ship with a hyperdrive or you'll mostly be based in one system with a number of notable planets so would have something that may not have a hyperdrive so you'd potentially need to piggy back off of a bigger ship for doing trips outside of your 'home' system.
VexanderG says:
Are we going to be allowed to start with lightsabers?
No....well, not full combat sabers at any rate. The only thing I'd consider would be for you to have a training sabre but I'd need a compelling reason why you'd have one if we're playing in the kindof time period I outlined above.
Feb 7, 2019 8:48 pm
I can submit a character concept, let me know if he can be used in this game. It is still to be developped completly though.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.