Campaign Discussion

load previous
Feb 22, 2019 2:16 am
Hello all. Have played in only a handful of SWFFG games and all cramped out before 15xp. Knowing a few of the players involved in this game I feel this one will not crap out that fast. I am fairly familiar with the rules and have a hotshot pilot made from other games. It is an easy tweak to make him an engineer that will most of the additions and repairs of the ship, kinda like Chewie to Dagit's Han.

For a story: I could have been the engineer Dagit left the ship with. After some time I felt leaving him was wrong and starting looking for him. In my travels I stumbled upon a few fleeing or hiding Jedi types that needed help. In return for assistance they agreed to help me find Dagit.

After finding him we had grown close and felt it best to keep ourselves together. It was working. Don't fix what isn't broke.
Thoughts? Details?
Feb 22, 2019 2:25 am
Hey Apex, good to see ya again.

I like the story idea.
Feb 22, 2019 7:10 am
I had one written up for Caid but it was in the threads of a game I left so....its gone. Thought I kept it s somewhere but I guess not. All good. Same character different location of background. Still works.

OK story is rough and we can iron out some small stuff now but getting to detailed will paint us into a corner for future story links.

Caid grew up on a shipyard(It was DD12 a shipyard orbiting Duros. Not sure if that can fit anywhere.) where he would have met Dagit at some point. He helped his father work on ship repairs that came into port and loved every second of it. He and his brother would always "test" the ships after the repairs by racing through an abandoned section of the port. One day they came across a scene they were not supposed to see. Chased by the criminals only Caid got away as his brother sacrificed himself to give him time to escape.
An investigation was launched but nothing came of it as the law force was meek at best and a slum kid going missing was not a top priority for them. Eventually his brother was believed dead and the case was closed.
Caid continued to work at the repair shop with his father but never gave up on the belief that his brother was still alive, not so much could be said about his parents. It tools a few years but they gave in and Caid brothers death was a truth for them as well. It hurt them too much to keep believing, they said. Not Ciad. Not long after that Caid left home leaving behind a note saying his was gonna look for his brother.

It took some time but with his skill of mechanics and as a decent co-pilot he found a way off the shipyard. He spend years searching coming up empty year after year. He took to drinking and drugs, booster blue was his drug of choice. It sent him far away, back to when he and his brother would race through the shipyard, their adrenaline spiking. He soon became addicted to it or at least getting that rush.
Feb 22, 2019 11:27 am
Right, the way I'm leaning at the moment is to use Obligation mechanically to affect the group and overall story dynamic but then have force users track a fairly loose morality score (start at 50, if you do something really bad it drops, really good it rises) at least to start off with.

Will give another day or so for DM_Apexwolf to finalize their character and any connections to the group and for any additional comments before I kick things off.
Feb 22, 2019 3:56 pm
Just wanted to check mcneil's, have you accepted PCs yet? I can't post my avatar.
Feb 22, 2019 6:59 pm
Yeah I have, just added one of my old characters to check....seems to be working for me....
Feb 22, 2019 7:01 pm
Works too !
Last edited February 22, 2019 7:01 pm

Rolls

Shooting Darth Vader

1 Success, 4 Advantage, 2 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Failure, 3 Advantage

Feb 22, 2019 9:50 pm
Dagit was thrilled when Caid found him. They were like brothers from other mothers. Dagit had started in design and moved quickly to building and testing ships and now is finally bent on outfitting his own ship even if it meant sharing it with several other people. He was certain that Caid wanted to be part of that. What race is Caid? Dagit is a Bothan.
Feb 23, 2019 12:56 am
Duros. Fucking love Duros. Cad Bane baby.
Feb 25, 2019 1:29 pm
Right, will kick things off later today. We can shake about anything that's not working/sitting well with people as we go. the last two things I need (but not before we start) are:

What's your ship's name?
Anyone who hasn't defined their starting Obligation types and values can you please do so and add them onto your character.
Feb 25, 2019 3:34 pm
I think I am mostly done with Obligation.

For the ship, I would call it: Chu'unthor

It's a jab to the Legends Academy Ship used to train Jedi... but just saying... :P
Feb 25, 2019 3:48 pm
I always liked Cursed Raven. It WAS going to my ship in the last campaign I used this character.
Feb 25, 2019 6:44 pm
My choice is Star of Dac, one of the names of the Mon Calamari home world which was Dagit's adopted home.
Feb 25, 2019 6:48 pm
Regarding obligation, I was hoping that you would give me some ideas based on how we came by the ship. I'm assuming Dagit had a major hand in acquiring it. Perhaps something along the lines repaying the debt incurred in acquiring the ship.
Feb 26, 2019 11:52 am
Episode 1 is started, thread is here
Jun 5, 2019 1:37 pm
Added a post with details of the Star of Dac here
Dec 6, 2019 1:03 am
Hey y'all! New addition here, excited to start playing. I'm not certain what the current composition of the party looks like exactly, but I was eyeing a few different specs; maybe Hired Gun - Mercenary Soldier, Bounty Hunter - Skip Tracer, or somewhere in the Spy career. I'm open to pretty much anything. Am I correct in understanding that this is primarily an Edge game? Nice to meet y'all, and I should have a character setup asap :)
Last edited December 6, 2019 3:32 am
Dec 6, 2019 4:29 pm
We got a Shadow and a Mechanic, I guess a pikot as well but he is an NPC now as the player in nonresponsive.
Yes we are doing an Edge game. Currently we are on an abandoned planet, or a location on the planet, searching for...can't remeber at the moment. Basically it's a typical starting mission...so far muahahaha. Oh wait, I'm not the GM.
Dec 6, 2019 8:14 pm
Sounds good lmao, thanks for the info. I gave the IC thread a quick read-through. I'm thinking I might go with Hired Gun - Enforcer to round out the party a bit; a bulky, intimidating Aqualish, maybe one who escaped from servitude. If that sounds good with everyone, I'll have a character sheet submitted soon.
Dec 6, 2019 9:20 pm
My character is more of a hacker/sniper. I'd welcome a bulky destroyer of things.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.