OOC Thread

load previous
Oct 9, 2015 5:43 am
I'm going to have to get one soon myself, sucks that the Canadian dollar is so bad right now, Amazon is a bit more expensive than usual.

And as for pointing out the 'Bon Mot' rule, that's awesome. I love the RP stunt idea. I don't think that rule is in the set 1 stuff, or maybe I just missed it.
Oct 9, 2015 7:30 am
RP Stunts! Ok, I officially love this system! I can't seem to find RP Stunts in the rulebook though. What page?
Oct 9, 2015 11:08 am
I have set 1 & 3 of DA: RPG. I don't remember seeing RP stunts, but I'll double check when I get home from work this afternoon
Last edited October 9, 2015 8:35 pm
Oct 9, 2015 5:45 pm
In the PDF version I have which is the big combined rulebook it starts the section on Roleplaying and Exploration stunts on page 131. The tables for these two types are on page 133.
Oct 10, 2015 7:01 pm
I'm heading home for Canadian thanksgiving, so I may be extra slow in responding this weekend.
Oct 10, 2015 7:55 pm
Happy thanksgiving! I'll be afk tomorrow, same reason.
Oct 13, 2015 3:51 am
BTW for Lockley and Jake's sake, I'll post the spell stunts as well, apologies for that oversight. Unless that really isn't useful and everyone just has the manuals handy when they're posting...

F*ck it, I'll do it anyway :)
Oct 13, 2015 3:59 am
I have the manual handy. :) I'm always looking out for those spell stunts. Any stunts for that matter. I think this is my new favorite RPG system.
Oct 13, 2015 4:00 am
Also really glad you're double checking the math Grendel, I didn't even realize I forgot to add in the 6 for the dragon dice, and the 1 for the other dragon dice. It's funny how much that factors into spell damage numbers, and just casting in general.
Oct 13, 2015 4:01 am
Yeah the stunts should make for some pretty exciting (and potentially deadly as the NPCs can use them too) encounters.
Oct 13, 2015 4:07 am
Bad guys have decent soak values for their armour, so every extra point counts. Also we're all new to the system (I think) so we'll all have to try to keep each other honest.
Oct 13, 2015 9:56 pm
Do we do stunts on damage rolls or just attack rolls?
Oct 13, 2015 10:53 pm
Just attack rolls. We'll, and occasional skill checks depending on the situation. Basically whenever 3d6 and the dragon die are in play.
Oct 13, 2015 10:59 pm
Okidoki. Just wanted to make sure
Oct 14, 2015 4:38 am
As far as I've run into there are separate tables in the rulebook for Combat Stunts, Magic Stunts, Roleplay Stunts, and Exploration Stunts. I haven't read the book in full though, but there are a ton of them. :)
Oct 14, 2015 11:59 am
Ouch. Good moves from that one cultist. Remember which on that is. Jake has a new favored enemy.
Oct 14, 2015 7:07 pm
Qralloc, don't forget you can still take a minor action to move/stand up if you want, we have time to resolve it whenever before the cultists are up again.

The bonus for attacking a prone target is +1 so it isn't the end of Lockley's world either way.
Oct 14, 2015 7:52 pm
Edited my action to stand up, thanks!
Oct 14, 2015 8:09 pm
Sheesh. At this rate, it's gonna be ten rounds before I drop this guy!

I can see it now: after three or four rounds, everyone else will be sitting around, eating some jerky, providing running commentary while they wait for the elf to stop playing around and finish his foe already.
Oct 14, 2015 10:26 pm
3d6 sure doesn't seem very powerful when rolling ones!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.