September 24, 1926

load previous
Apr 22, 2019 1:12 pm
OOC:
Aldrusian and Vorpholtz? Anything to add?
Apr 22, 2019 8:50 pm
OOC:
Hope everyone had a Happy Easter. I spent mine with family.
"Indeed, we should take both cars. Neither is big enough for 6 plus all the gear you want to take. And we will be the rest of the day gathering it all together. Maybe the rain will pass overnight. You can all bunk at my place but let's decide quickly. I don't want to stand around in this rain any longer than necessary."
Apr 23, 2019 6:12 am
"Prof your invite is very welcome. Shall we split as before to grab all our gear and meet back at your place in a couple of hours?" Turning to the rest of the group "This is our last chance to follow any other lines of enquiry before we set off in the morning, does anyone have any ideas that they want to follow up?"
OOC:
Had a lovely Easter weekend TY, shame it was spoilt by having to go back to work today LOL.
Apr 23, 2019 10:36 am
Sounds good ti me, same groups as before? or does someone else want to travel with me? Caden grins
Apr 23, 2019 8:35 pm
Cheesy_Nacho says:
"This is our last chance to follow any other lines of enquiry before we set off in the morning, does anyone have any ideas that they want to follow up?"
OOC:
Last chance, indeed. I'm going to figure out how I want to deal with/track the acquiring of gear. Unless anyone speaks up, the cars leave tomorrow morning (real tomorrow morning, presumably as well as in-game tomorrow morning).
Apr 23, 2019 8:44 pm
"If we have time I would like to enquire at the University Library for some more information on what the expedition was investigating, 'Cade's Rest' and the legends surrounding it if possible."
Apr 24, 2019 11:00 am
Cheesy_Nacho sent a note to Santouche

Rolls

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Apr 24, 2019 1:56 pm
OOC:
Anyone else wanna hit the library with Fulbright? I'll say this: You can't gather equipment and do research in the time remaining this afternoon. If you want to leave first thing in the morning tomorrow, you'll need to make a choice about how you spend your time this afternoon.

If you want to join Fulbright at the library, just give me a Library Use roll.
If you're going to go scrounging for equipment, give me a Credit Rating roll.
Santouche sent a note to Cheesy_Nacho
Apr 24, 2019 5:14 pm
Last edited April 24, 2019 5:15 pm

Rolls

Secret Roll

Apr 24, 2019 6:55 pm
Apr 24, 2019 7:49 pm
Apr 24, 2019 8:05 pm
Apr 24, 2019 8:39 pm
OOC:
Hey guys. Sorry I've been a bit radio silent these last couple weeks. I was on a job that was very demanding and I couldn't really break focus. Back now.
"I know we already talked about the stuff the students told us but there are a couple things that still stick out in my mind. Number one: The kid you guys - Caden and Fulbright - talked to started to get headaches right as he arrived at the dig site. Did he mention that? Number two: Rhodes and his wife did find some artifacts in the ground, black bones. The kids say they never saw them after the day they dug them out. Number three: The Rhodes' took a lot of dynamite with them which the kids thought was an odd, at least the amount. Around the last time they saw the professor, they say they heard explosions far away from the dig site. It could have been near the angry farmers land but I can't be sure. They weren't specific, they just said distant. Number four: They said that they stayed with a kindly family of farmers, the Jarveys'. They might be willing to help us. And number 5: They said that there was a local sherif who was aware of their activities and that he seemed uninterested in getting involved. I know we're not too keen on getting the police mixed into this, I know I ain't but they may already be. When we've got more information, I say we keep those kids in mind for a follow up, especially Welliver. I have a feeling they're not telling us something. I know Professor-shrink over here is supposed some kind of human lie detector, but this ain't a matter of my-Daddy-didn't-love-me-enough kind of lies. They were whispering and making faces that told me they were scared of something, either us or whatever they saw out there. Believe me, I seen it before.

As far as luggage, I don't have much. Just some, uh, self-defensive equipment. I hope that don't make anybody uncomfortable but there do seem to be some belligerent characters up there. I've got my own car and I'm happy to take it myself. Where do we start? Where are we going to stay? I say we get in touch with the Jarveys' see if they have some rooms to let."
Apr 24, 2019 9:32 pm
Last edited April 24, 2019 9:35 pm
Apr 25, 2019 12:09 am
OOC:
For some reason, I don't appear to have credit rating on my sheet.....
Apr 25, 2019 4:01 pm
OOC:
You should have a Credit Rating between 9 and 30. Must have gotten lost in the mix somehow... it comes out of your Professional Skill pool, so what you should do is re-distribute 9 to 30 points from among Art/Craft (photography), Disguise, Law, Library Use, Charm, Fast Talk, Intimidate, Persuade, Psychology, and/or Spot Hidden to Credit Rating.

Does that make sense?
Apr 25, 2019 5:42 pm
(fixed)

Rolls

credit rating 30% - (1d100)

(95) = 95

Apr 25, 2019 5:54 pm
OOC:
Regular failure! Avoided a fumble by the skin of your teeth. You can push the roll if you like.

Do Peaslee and Frank want to help Caden and Eric with their tasks?
Apr 25, 2019 8:57 pm
OOC:
I blanking on how pushing works....
load next

Thread locked