September 24, 1926

load previous
Apr 25, 2019 9:01 pm
OOC:
It gives you another shot at the roll, but the consequences of failure are escalated. I will say, that a failure in this roll won't mean that "you can't get any of the equipment you want" - some of it is reasonable and easily acquired. I'm mostly checking for harder-to-come-by items, and to see what it costs you - financially, socially, legally, whatever. I'm going to wait for everyone to make their rolls and then figure out how to adjudicate them.

So for example, as far as this roll goes, a failure on a regular roll might mean you wind up owing a contact a favor in exchange for helping to get some of the gear you need. A failure on a pushed roll might mean you alienate, or antagonize a contact or ally to the point where they refuse to help, or even become hostile.

In other situations, where the roll is more of a straight up pass/fail (for example, a Persuade roll): A failure on the regular roll means that the person simply isn't persuaded. A failure on a pushed roll might means they get offended and assault you. A failure on a regular Library Use roll means you simple can't get the info you're looking to; a failure on a pushed Library Use roll might mean you accidentally burn down the library in your harried attempt to do research.

If Frank and Peaslee don't jump in, then I'll take Caden and Fulbright's rolls as the straight measures of success.

Edit: To be clear, Credit Rating isn't typically rolled in the way I'm asking you to here, so don't get freaked out by having terribly low CR scores. I'm just using it in this case to help expedite the narrative, while still presenting some sort of obstacle here.
Apr 25, 2019 10:13 pm
pushing, why not....

Rolls

credit rating 30% - (1d100)

(64) = 64

Apr 26, 2019 6:15 am
Cheesy_Nacho sent a note to Santouche
Apr 26, 2019 1:42 pm
Santouche sent a note to Cheesy_Nacho
Apr 29, 2019 1:37 pm
OOC:
Will resolve the Credit Rating roll later today.
Apr 29, 2019 1:37 pm
OOC:
Will resolve the Credit Rating roll later today.

Librarian, who do you think is an NPC contact that Caden would try to call in a favor with?
Apr 29, 2019 3:12 pm
OOC:
Probably someone at a pawn shop or something similar, as they would have some of the supplies needed, and would be someone he would have contact with while working.
Apr 29, 2019 6:06 pm
Your old buddy, Samuel Knoll - who runs a pawn shop in town - rolls his eyes as you walk through the door. He helps outfit you, even though you can't quite afford the balance, but tells you in no small terms that this is the last time you can expect to do you a favor like this until you pay him what you owe him, and that if he ever needs a favor from you, he expects you to come through.
OOC:
Okay, going to write a close to this thread and start a new one with the departure to Blackwater Creek the following morning. Look for those tomorrow, probably.
Apr 30, 2019 7:26 am
Cheesy_Nacho sent a note to Santouche
Apr 30, 2019 10:29 am
I swear Sam, I'll pay you back. I'm on a big case.
OOC:
and now hes kind of become Magnum...
Apr 30, 2019 2:30 pm
The investigators go their separate ways for the night and pack up their cars, ready to depart early the next morning.

Thread locked