General Discussion

Oct 5, 2015 7:40 pm
Hey guys, good to get you in the game. Tuk has already thrown some interesting ideas at me, getting me all excited. :) Thanks for joining me here.
Oct 5, 2015 7:59 pm
Yeah man! Its exciting to collaborate!

All my formative gaming years were spent in near solitude. Then in my 30's I found the DMs Block and started running my own table. As I've thought and listened and played and gamed, the best part has become the collaborative aspect of the storytelling.

I'm as excited to participate on the player side as I am to institute collaboration on the DM side.
Oct 5, 2015 9:34 pm
You guys can see the "Act 1" sub-forum right?

There will be a "Setting" post in there were I will add world detail as we go, and through character development, and on into the game.
Oct 5, 2015 9:35 pm
DMKiado says:
You guys can see the "Act 1" sub-forum right?
Yes.
Oct 5, 2015 11:54 pm
I can see it as well. Really excited to play through this... I'm going to have to craft another character!
Last edited October 5, 2015 11:54 pm
Oct 6, 2015 1:12 am
Do we post roles we want to make to the character creation thread? And if we get roles that are too high for the characters we want to create can we drop numbers? I don't want to add, I just want to know if I can lower stat numbers...
Also, is anyone else considering being a cleric?
Last edited October 6, 2015 1:49 am
Oct 6, 2015 3:02 am
teaanddice says:
Do we post roles we want to make to the character creation thread? And if we get roles that are too high for the characters we want to create can we drop numbers? I don't want to add, I just want to know if I can lower stat numbers...
Also, is anyone else considering being a cleric?
Yeah, my idea for the Character thread was for everyone to have one post in it, that they edit to keep the public details on their characters. With that being said, yes, make your rolls in that thread. I can clean up the thread later. Once we have character creation done I will delete all the but the main character posts that can be edited from then on.

I am kind of playing with presentation and information here. I am a presentation kind of guy. Trying to play around with the system here to keep things organized and information coming in nice little chunks. So if I am asking for something strange, go with me, as it might be a good standard to set. If it's not, I will totally drop it.

Like it's sort of killing me that I don't have my map done for the start of this. :) I have all kinds of things setup for this. I will be typing major posts up long before I make them. I use AutoHotKey scripts to help with formatting the posts, etc. It will either be a nice presentation or kill me. We will see. Trying not to make it hard work though, and if it becomes work I will chill on it.
Oct 6, 2015 3:31 am
Oh, and you can take any stats you want man. You can roll, you can point buy, or be reasonable and lay some out the way you want to see it.
Oct 6, 2015 4:14 pm
So I was saving the final spot in the game for Joat, but he is out due to reality keeping him out of fantasy. A gentleman named Spaceseeker19 (a regular here I do believe) applied for a spot. So we can either add him to the game in Joats place, or we can lock it down to what we have now. I am fine with either. What say you adventurers!?
Oct 6, 2015 4:22 pm
Ok on my end. May be fun to have a new face around.
Oct 6, 2015 5:09 pm
Sure I am totally fine with that. However, what about KJmagle? Is he thinking about joining?
Last edited October 6, 2015 5:10 pm
Oct 6, 2015 5:27 pm
Oh snap, for some reason I was thinking he was already in and he just had not posted. Doh. Let me go see what he wants to do.
Oct 7, 2015 1:44 am
Ok, Kjmagle is in the game folks. Woot, that's everyone. Do we want to round it out to 6 and let another in? Sounds crazy, but I will give it a run. Thoughts?
Oct 7, 2015 2:27 am
I'm fine either way. I think it is over the average group size, but that is no problem (I had a sixth person join our game and it has worked out great.)
Oct 7, 2015 3:05 am
Yeah, that's kind of what I am thinking. Six has been fine in your game, and probably way easier to run six on this platform.
Oct 7, 2015 7:05 am
Updated the game thread, and some more into the Settings post. The Game Thread is just some material. The game won't start for a while longer, once all characters are done, and needed background info filled in.
Oct 7, 2015 7:06 am
Also, welcome spaceseeker19!

Edit: DM needs sleep.
Oct 7, 2015 9:07 am
Thank you. I'm excited to participate. Let me know if I've assumed too much or provided too much detail on the character thread.
Oct 7, 2015 4:29 pm
I haven't had a chance to completely read it all, but Dwarf Warlock, me like. How much of your characters information you put there is up to you. Super freaking busy this morning at work today, but I will catch up in a little bit.
Oct 7, 2015 4:37 pm
Welcome to the game Spaceseeker19! Love the background. I noticed your dwarf has a Cha of 8...so far we have a Paladin with a -1 Str and a Warlock with a -1 Cha. Everyman Heroes indeed, lol!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.