1.2 Descent to the Sewers

load previous
Nov 19, 2015 3:01 pm
Ooc: the vials handed to Elden contain a red liquid, and it is well known lore to anyone that such vials are healing potions.
Nov 19, 2015 10:38 pm
"I will stay with those who wish to rest for a bit - I'm not the best at sneaking about." Szent says as he lightly rattles his chain mail.
Nov 19, 2015 10:53 pm
While everyone is talking, I find a quiet corner and put my head down for a nap.
Nov 20, 2015 7:37 am
Weylan takes Seneia's hand and puts the key in it. "Here." He glances over at the group settling down to rest, then back up at Seneia - kind, competent and smart Seneia - and squeezes her hand. "Be safe."

Then he hefts his axe and turns away, not wanting to watch them leave, starting his vigil over the resting party members. *She'll be fine. Between Seneia and Rufio, they could take on the world. They'll be fine...
Last edited November 20, 2015 7:38 am
Nov 20, 2015 8:03 am
Rufio nods to Seneia. "Looks like it's you and me. I need to rest too, but I'm sure we can do our scouting fairly quickly. Damn, I wish I had your eyes! I mean, they can see in the dark! And they're pretty...uhm...ANYWAY, here's an idea: I can put away Elden's magic rock and trust you to see for both of us. Then if there's trouble I can bring it out so I have light enough to fight. While it's dark I'll have to...uh, stick close to you, I guess."
Nov 20, 2015 9:08 am
Feylinde takes place near the resting party, then traces some symbols on the ground and opens a tome with criptic words written on it. She then starts chanting some kind of ritual magic, whispering creepy things ...

OOC: at the end of the ritual casting, it should appear a black cat near me ... and that depends on the fact that nothing interrupt the ritual :P .... after that Feylinde just stay sit near the others, resting.
Nov 20, 2015 1:54 pm
Elden steps in front of Rufio and Seneia, saying the words of a quick prayer (wishing safety on a dangerous task). Once he's done he steps back and nods grimly, "Come back safely, and I hope you won't need this," he says before handing them a potion of healing.

This prayer is just a prayer. No spells :(
Nov 20, 2015 2:16 pm
"You keep the potion, Seneia. I've already got these." Rufio shows her the two vials he had been showing Elden earlier. Rufio stuffs the vials in his pocket. "Let's go then."
Nov 20, 2015 2:42 pm
Seneia smiles to Weylan and Elden as they hand her the key and the potion. She slips the key inside her clothes, and the potion into her belt, and turns to look at Rufio.

"That's a good idea, Rufio. Stick close to me, I'll let you know if we need more light", she says.

She looks at others, preparing for their rest. "Take care, everyone. We'll be back soon if we find a better place to rest. Or something that we need urgent help with."

Seneia motions Rufio to follow her and slips into the darkness.

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+4)

(10) + 4 = 14

Nov 20, 2015 3:02 pm
Rufio follows closely after Seneia. Without a light source he has to put all his trust in her and in his own danger sense.

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+1)

(4) + 1 = 5

Perception (disadvantage?) - (1d20+2, 1d20+2)

1d20+2 : (15) + 2 = 17

1d20+2 : (16) + 2 = 18

Nov 20, 2015 11:06 pm
So, Seneia and Rufio head out into the darkness. Seneia moves like a cat, benefiting from her ability of dark sight. Rufio meanwhile, can't quite see, and keeps stumbling. Seneia manages to guide him somewhat. Searching the rest of the cave, most of it continues to look natural, and they encounter no trouble, or at least not knowingly. After searching carefully for about 15 minutes they find a passage at the northern end of the cavern.

Meanwhile, back at camp, the rest of the group prepares to rest. A cute black cat appears in front of Feylinde, announcing its arrival with a loud miaow. Other than the miaow things seem pretty quiet.

(Ooc:as you are resting you can level up again - whoop!!). Extra bonus, the rest will recoup you hit points.
Nov 21, 2015 5:19 am
Rufio fights the urge to explore the passage he and Seneia have just found. "Should we go back and tell the others? Maybe set a sentry here?" It is very hard for Rufio to show such restraint, but he really has been trying to take Sir Roland's lessons to heart. Be like the wolf. The wolf is ferocious, but is cunning and bides his time. And he fights for yhe pack, puts his trust in the pack. The tussle with the sewer thugs and the argument with Alanya only made this lesson even more keen.

Jabes.plays.RPG sent a note to Merlin
Last edited November 21, 2015 4:31 pm
Nov 21, 2015 12:38 pm
Seneia rubs the tip of her right horn absent-mindedly and looks around the cavern. "That sounds reasonable", she says. "Just wait here for a bit. I'll take a quick look where that passage is going. So that we don't end up camping right next to a rat nest or something."

Seneia sneaks into the passage way, just far enough to get a glimpse of where it is going. If it just keeps going as far as her dark vision allows her to see (60 feet), she'll come back, and let Rufio know they can go and get the others.
Nov 22, 2015 4:35 am
About 30' down the natural looking tunnel is a sturdy looking iron grate totally blocking the way. In the grate is a gate with a lock.

Merlin sent a note to jabes.plays.rpg
Nov 22, 2015 8:14 am
Seneia sneaks in further to get a glimpse of what is beyond the grate.

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+4)

(1) + 4 = 5

Nov 23, 2015 4:00 am
Seneia makes her what to the grate, and despite trying to sneak actually kicks some loose stones that clang against the iron of the grate like a bell. Well, it certainly seems loud in the silence of the cavern, but her heightened sense may just be overly sensitive to her attempts to be quiet. Looking beyond the grate the corridor widens to 20' and continues beyond her vision, proving the grate's location is placed in a natural bottleneck.
Nov 23, 2015 6:20 am
Seneia presses against the wall, well hidden in the darkness, and waits for couple minutes to see if the noise she made alerts anyone. Then she slips back up the passageway to Rufio.

"There is a gate, and the passage continues beyond that", she says. "Go get the others, I think this should be safe. And easy to defend, if something happens."
Nov 23, 2015 6:22 am
Rufio is startled by the sudden clang. He starts groping in the darkness of the tunnel, whispering, "Seneia! Are you alright?" He startles even more when he suddenly hears her voice right next to him (he didn't hear her approaching), telling him to go back and tell the others. He starts fumbling in the dark towards where the others are.
Last edited November 23, 2015 6:55 am
Nov 24, 2015 6:44 am
Weylan paces with his dark thoughts and the hissing of his torch his only company, waiting for Seneia and Rufio to return while the others sleep. The sting on his cheek is slowly beginning to fade, but the sting of Alanya's words...
Nov 24, 2015 8:26 am
Rufio makes his way back to the others guided by Weylan's torch. The young brawler is tired, so tired. He says to Weylan and whoever is awake, There's a tunnel back there. Obviously our next step when we decide to continue. Might be better to camp there...better protected. Seneia's back there waiting for us."
load next

Thread locked