Awakening

Mar 19, 2019 8:13 am
You awaken to a loud crack of a gun and find yourselves on a cold stone floor. There are two others here with you, both of them have awakened to the sound. Looking around the room is plain stone, hexagonal in shape. A number of hospital beds line the walls of the room, two of them containing men strapped down, both sleeping. A metal barred gate blocks the only entrance and exit.
Mar 19, 2019 4:15 pm
OOC:
I'm a little confused by the above description. There are 3 of us in a room. I'm on the floor and the other two are in beds strapped down and asleep. You also state that 2 people have awakened to the sound of a gunshot.
Upon awakening to what sounded like a gunshot and seeing hospital beds around me, my first thought is why am I on the floor and not strapped down. Was I just shoved in here when the shooting started? Why do I see a bar on the door? Is it to keep people from entering? Who barred the door? I don't see anyone else in the room and I don't recall doing it.
Mar 19, 2019 5:32 pm
OOC:
I think we three are on the floor and there are two men strapped to beds is how im reading it.
"God damn my head!" A well groomed but shifty looking man mumbles as he slowly sits up on the floor. Looking around he has no idea where he is and his head is pounding to hard to remember how he got there.
"Where the hell and how the hell did i get here?" He says holding his head with one hand.
Mar 19, 2019 5:58 pm
OOC:
My apologies. that should have read, "both of them have awakened", edited but didn't catch everything.

So to recap - 5 men total, three on the floor all waking up (the PCs) and 2 others strapped on bed, asleep (npcs)
Mar 19, 2019 6:04 pm
You are all fully dressed (as you were when abducted) but any obvious weapons have been taken.
Mar 19, 2019 7:02 pm
"Don't know about you but I was just walking across the quad to the library when I was blinded by a very bright light. Next thing I know I'm lying here. Name's Boatwright...Solomon Boatwright." The nattily dressed man rises to one knee.
Mar 20, 2019 8:23 pm
"That Bastard!" Anger swelling as Fredrick begins remembering the circumstances before waking up on the floor.
Realizing Solomon is there he quickly calms himself "Ahhh... Fredrick Anderson, you can call me Freddy and last i could remember i got jumped outside the University getting in my car... "
Mar 21, 2019 12:08 am
Ouch I say as I rub my head. I look at the others and say. what the heck how did we get here?
Mar 21, 2019 12:12 am
The third man is dressed in military uniform and appears a little more battered than Freddy and Solomon.
Mar 21, 2019 12:14 am
Knifesedgegames sent a note to Lwunder
Mar 21, 2019 4:46 am
"That's the question of the day my friend" he will gesture towards the men strapped down in the bed "Maybe they might know the answer to that Mr. Soldier"
Mar 21, 2019 3:41 pm
I say to myself I can recognize the smell but I just can't put my finger on it.
Mar 21, 2019 9:49 pm
Solomon climbs to his feet and trudges over to the nearest occupied bed. "I'm not a doctor but if they're alive I might be able to talk to them even if they speak a different language." He places a hand lightly on the man's shoulder.
Mar 23, 2019 2:12 pm
The man on the bed that Solomon approaches does not react. Half his face is horribly scarred, some kind of fire or chemical burn, but not recent. The second, younger man begins to stir and instantly flinches, trying to break from the leather straps holding him down.
Mar 23, 2019 5:29 pm
Solomon hurries over to the other bed. He puts a hand lightly on the man's shoulder and says, "Just relax a minute and we'll try to get you out of there. Do you understand me?"
Mar 24, 2019 2:27 pm
The man relaxes somewhat and nods slowly.
Mar 25, 2019 2:29 pm
Fredrick stands up and reaches to his lower back "Damn they took my gun" he quickly reaches for his pocket "Bastards took my pocket knife! Liz is gonna kill me for losing that" he reaches into his jacket pocket and pulls out his cigarettes and lighter "Well at least they left me this" He lights up a cigarette then walks over to any door or window and tries and see if they will open.
Mar 25, 2019 5:09 pm
Solomon begins to undo the straps and asks the man, "Do you remember how you got here? And where you were before you were taken? We all seem to have a similar experience so far." While he speaks to the man and undoes his straps Solomon watches the man carefully to see his reactions to both the questions and the unstrapping.
Mar 25, 2019 11:56 pm
"The Mi-Go! They carried me off," says the man quietly, "I was part of a group from Arkham U, investigating these...Aliens. They're not from here." He looks over at the soldier, "You're FOC. How did you get here? Were you part of the backup?"

He sits up on the bed, rubbing his wrists where the straps cut into his flesh, he looks at the other bed and the still unconscious man, "His name's Eugene. Is he still alive?"
Mar 26, 2019 1:41 am
I stand very quietly not wanting to answer and just waiting it out.
Mar 26, 2019 6:03 am
"I'm not a doctor, just a professor of ancient language from Miskatonic. This is the first I've heard of the Mi-Go. Aliens you say? Is that who brought all of us here? We were awakened by what sounded like gunfire. Would you know anything about that? I'll have to go back to Eugene and check him out more carefully. I think I can tell if he's still alive." Solomon doesn't wait for a response from the man but steps over to Eugene and feels at his neck for a pulse.
Mar 26, 2019 8:22 am
"I'm Clive, Clive Woolfe, studying Matallurgy. I thought I'd recognised you. Gunshots? Perhaps FOC staging a rescue? Or Mathis?" he looks at the soldier again, hoping for more information.
Mar 26, 2019 9:17 am
Mar 26, 2019 9:20 am
Fredrick checks the gate and finds it swings open. It's not locked. There is a strong smell in the corridor beyond, like...mushrooms.
Mar 26, 2019 2:13 pm
"We don't seem to be locked in, are those guys able to move?" He asks looking at the two on the table.
Mar 26, 2019 6:04 pm
"I'm still trying to get a reading on Eugene. He is either unconscious or dead. Can't tell which yet."
Mar 27, 2019 5:45 pm
"I don't no nothing about any amigos or aliens but i know a shitty situation when i see one." he says as he walks to the bed of the unconscious man and begins to take off his bindings. "Hey soldier boy! why don't you come give me a hand hauling buddy out eh."
Mar 28, 2019 1:43 am
Silent says:
"I don't no nothing about any amigos or aliens but i know a shitty situation when i see one." he says as he walks to the bed of the unconscious man and begins to take off his bindings. "Hey soldier boy! why don't you come give me a hand hauling buddy out eh."
sure I can help you
As I come right over to lend a helping hand
Mar 28, 2019 4:17 am
Solomon helps Clive off the bed and follows the other two men with the body of Eugene out the door still wondering whether he is alive or dead.
Mar 28, 2019 4:33 pm
Eugene comes round as Solomon examines him, though is very disoriented. He allows Antony to guide him off the bed and the 5 of you head out the door with Frederick leading the way.

Beyond the door is a corridor of perfectly smooth stone walls, covered in patches of greenish-yellow luminescent fungus that provide enough light to see by. At the end of the corridor, it opens into a wider corridor running both left and right. To the right, the corridor leads to a chamber. In the other direction. the corridor stretches further though there seems to be a large square pit in the ground that may be hard to navigate.

https://i.imgur.com/u9qCLZd.jpg
Mar 28, 2019 4:42 pm
OOC:
I would like to do a navigate check

Rolls

Navigate check (10%) - (1d100)

(33) = 33

Mar 28, 2019 4:50 pm
"I would just as soon stay away from that pit," says Solomon. He looks to the right and seems to be drawn to the large chamber.
Mar 28, 2019 4:53 pm
"I agree with Solomon lets go the other way, lets just be quite about though." he goes ahead of the group about 20 feet to scout out ahead.

According to the roll he is trying to start up another cigarette as he goes but his lighter is not cooperating, the click of the lighter is very audible in the hallways.

Rolls

Stealth 60 - (1d100)

(78) = 78

Mar 29, 2019 8:22 am
[ +- ] Frederick
Mar 29, 2019 6:06 pm
"Jesus Christ! That ain't right."

Rolls

Sanity Check 50 - (1d100)

(26) = 26

Mar 29, 2019 6:33 pm
OOC:
Frederick keeps his head when all around are losing theirs (no sanity loss)
Mar 30, 2019 4:05 am
Fredrick will wait for the others to catch up. "Being kidnapped is bad enough but this... This don't bode well for us." he says staring at the brain in its container. "Let's get the hell outta here before that becomes us."
Mar 30, 2019 9:33 am
OOC:
Everyone else sees the room (as seen in the spoiler)

Everyone make sanity checks.
Mar 30, 2019 5:54 pm
Sanity check

Rolls

Sanity (60) - (1d100)

(52) = 52

Mar 30, 2019 5:56 pm
Solomon takes a closer look at the brains contained in their jars. "Yep, those are human alright. Where's the way outa here?" He stands up straight and looks for an exit.
Mar 30, 2019 7:22 pm
A passage leads out of the room to the left side of the chamber.
Mar 31, 2019 2:10 am
Sanity check

Rolls

Sanity Roll (21) - (1d100)

(69) = 69

Mar 31, 2019 2:15 am
Sanity loss

Rolls

San loss - (1d2)

(2) = 2

Apr 1, 2019 3:00 pm
"Lets move, i'll go ahead and if you hear me scream you'll know not to come that way" He gives a sly smile then starts walking ahead down the corridor quickly but quietly.

Rolls

Stealth 60 - (1d100)

(38) = 38

Apr 2, 2019 4:36 am
I Say okay I won't be too far behind you.

Apr 2, 2019 10:32 am
Apr 3, 2019 4:50 am
OOC:
damn and definitely insane I will roll again.

Rolls

Roll - (1d10)

(6) = 6

Apr 3, 2019 6:19 pm
Solomon follows the others down the corridor out of the large brain chamber helping Clive stay steady.
Apr 3, 2019 7:27 pm

Rolls

Hours - (1d10)

(1) = 1

Apr 3, 2019 8:04 pm
Frederick leads the way out of the brain cylinder room and into a corridor where more of the strange fungus covers the walls, lighting the way. This soon branches off to the right, with the main corridor running straight ahead.

https://i.imgur.com/hXxOSVo.jpg
Apr 4, 2019 10:06 pm
"Damn, what way do we go?" He says coming to the intersection.
Apr 10, 2019 3:49 pm
Making up his mind Fredrick will start silently moving ahead, not taking the right path but following the one they were already travelling in.
Apr 10, 2019 8:56 pm
The corridor keeps running straight before splitting off again left and right. To you left, the corridor opens to another circular chamber with more brain jars. The right side leads to a square chamber.

https://i.imgur.com/vpMyQXt.jpg
Apr 11, 2019 4:36 am
No more brains please," says Solomon bringing up the rear. Let's go right into the square chamber."
Apr 12, 2019 9:08 pm
"I second that, right it is."
Apr 14, 2019 12:06 pm
https://i.imgur.com/cFDbF6U.jpg

Moving down the corridor, you enter a large rectangular room, somewhat like a warehouse. Deep shelves hold crates stacked to the ceiling. Other shelves hold loose items, human clothing of various types, neatly packaged in plastic bags, various items like flashlights, tools, wigs and weird things you've never seen before, something like machine parts with biological components, jars filled with organs, some you don't recognise. Stacks of books fill one shelf, another holds trays of what looks like raw ore, gold and silver.

Your eyes are then drawn to a movement. A figure at the far end of the room, some kind of huge winged insect standing upright like a man. It doesn't appear to have seen or heard you and emits some kind of clicking sound, the same sound you recall from when you were first taken.
OOC:
Sanity checks everyone
also, Spot Hidden rolls please
Apr 14, 2019 10:18 pm
Checks

Rolls

Sanity check (60), Spot Hidden (65) - (1d100, 1d100)

1d100 : (82) = 82

1d100 : (19) = 19

Apr 14, 2019 10:32 pm
Knifesedgegames sent a note to Aldrusian

Rolls

Sanity loss - (1d6)

(1) = 1

Apr 15, 2019 12:17 am
Checks

Rolls

Sanity Check 50 - (1d100)

(71) = 71

Spot Hidden 45 - (1d100)

(25) = 25

Apr 15, 2019 1:29 am
Knifesedgegames sent a note to Silent

Rolls

sanity loss - (1d6)

(4) = 4

Apr 15, 2019 2:23 pm
In a frantic whisper "Shit! What the hell is that! Solomon what the hell is that thing?" he spots his belongings and if he is close enough he will grab them and pull out his gun and points it towards the creature in case it notices them.
Apr 15, 2019 2:36 pm
Sorry everyone still trying to get back to my sister still insane.
Apr 15, 2019 2:48 pm
OOC:
You can still act normally, but you have a burning desire to get out.
Apr 15, 2019 2:53 pm
Clive Wolfe whispers, "It's one of them. The Mi-Go. It's not of this world."
Apr 15, 2019 6:00 pm
Solomon, having no weapons, steps behind Fred and scans the shelves so as not to stare at the creature. Still, a sense of fear and loathing seeps into his soul. His shiverying body settles when he sees something he recognizes nearly in front of his face. He reaches out to grab his briefcase off a shelf and notices his pocketwatch sitting underneath it.

Aldrusian sent a note to Knifesedgegames
Apr 22, 2019 5:21 pm
"I dont know about you Solomon but that brain room is looking more appealing now." He says keeping his Revolver trained on the Creature.
Apr 22, 2019 7:43 pm
Freddie and Solomon grab their belongings and the thing doesn't seem to have noticed you. It moves along, seemingly cataloguing items. There's an exit off to the left that you could sneak to and avoid it, you could make a run for it or face the thing.
Apr 22, 2019 8:08 pm
Solomon nods at the doorway to their left and begins moving slowly in that direction.
Apr 23, 2019 7:09 am
OOC:
Time for stealth rolls!
Apr 23, 2019 12:59 pm
OOC:
Stealthy Time

Rolls

Stealth 60 - (1d100)

(73) = 73

Apr 24, 2019 3:18 pm
Stealth

Rolls

Stealth Roll (61%) - (1d100)

(38) = 38

Apr 24, 2019 6:08 pm
Stealth Roll

Rolls

Stealth (20%) - (1d100)

(66) = 66

Apr 24, 2019 9:46 pm
OOC:
Ok 2/3 fails. Anyone using a push or spending luck ?
Apr 24, 2019 9:55 pm
OOC:
I'll spend the 13 luck to pass
Apr 29, 2019 6:54 am
OOC:
Solomon, you can push with a risk ~(roll again) or spend 46 luck if you want to pass.
Apr 30, 2019 3:12 am
OOC:
Don't understand. Where would I get 46 luck? It seems I have 60 luck points. Does this mean I could reduce it to 14 points? It seems lately in all my games on the Plane if I need to roll high I roll very low. If I need to roll low, I roll very high. When I began running games back in the late 70s and early 80s that never happened. Mainly because I hid all my rolls and did most of the rolls for my players.
Apr 30, 2019 6:46 am
OOC:
Sorry, yes as well as Luck being something I might ask you to roll against, it can be treated as a pool which you can spend to force a roll (with the exception of combat and sanity) to succeed, depending on how important you judge it to be. This pool is doesn't regularly replenish like health so expending this much is a lot but the option is there.

The alternative is to Push, doing something with extra effort- this allows you to try the roll again and if you fail something bad might happen (even worse than failing the first roll!)
May 5, 2019 6:39 am
OOC:
So final answer, running for it?
May 5, 2019 6:28 pm
OOC:
I won't spend that much luck and I don't like the options of failing a push so Solomon will run for it.
May 5, 2019 9:24 pm
As you try to creep through the room to the doorway on the left, Solomon manages to kick the base of one of the shelves as he passes, the clang of the metal echoes round the room. The creature hears and begins to approach. It doesn't appear to have seen you yet and you can make it out of the room before it reaches you, but it may pursue.

Do you run or face it?
May 6, 2019 5:38 pm
Fredrick will usher everyone quietly out keeping his gun trained towards the creature as they leave, if the creature realizes we are there he will fire upon the creature.
May 6, 2019 9:01 pm
Hustling everyone through the exit Freddie manages to get out of site before the clicking sound and the enemy comes around the shelving to see you. The short corridor leads into another storage room, identical to the last. A corridor leads off in each direction. Also just to the right of the corridor is a round hole in the ground, covered by a metal grate. The sound of rushing water can be heard below.

https://i.imgur.com/oOMUMfV.jpg
May 6, 2019 9:31 pm
Solomon steps over to the grate and looks down attempting to see which way the water flows.
May 6, 2019 11:34 pm
The water seems to be flowing from your right to left , away from the way you came. (flowing northwest, if the hole is on the north wall, for example)

Without light, it’s hard to tell how far down it goes, you just see the general flow of water.
May 10, 2019 8:52 am
You are suddenly startled by the crack of a revolver, echoing from the right passage
OOC:
(North on the map)
May 10, 2019 7:44 pm
Thinking that their captors were not the type to use revolvers Solomon follows the sound of the gunshot signalling the others to follow.
OOC:
Why do I get the feeling that I'm the only one still playing?
May 10, 2019 8:03 pm
OOC:
Silent is still with us
May 10, 2019 11:03 pm
Fredrick will follow Solomon's lead and head to the gunshot but still keeping an eye out for the creature that was following.
OOC:
Sorry thought you were gonna do something with the water info and didn't wanna take charge and skip that.
May 11, 2019 3:34 pm
Solomon takes the lead following the sound of the gunshot. The others follow, hearing the sound of the enemy's footsteps close behind. The corridor ends in corridors running to the left and right.

https://i.imgur.com/ovW3GDz.jpg
May 12, 2019 2:53 am
Solomon notes that the corridors are not straight. He chooses the left one and walks quickly in that direction.
May 12, 2019 11:33 am
As you enter this corridor you notice the walls are covered in a strange fungus like substance that illuminates the corridors in a sickly yellow-green light.
May 12, 2019 7:17 pm
Solomon turns to the others behind him. "Water generally flows downhill. This direction is downhill. Would we be better served going uphill?"
May 12, 2019 7:48 pm
As Solomon is deciding which way to go, hears more noises from the left passage. The chittering sound, sounding panicked along with very human shouts.
May 13, 2019 8:13 pm
"Its sounds like there is other people her, lets go towards the noise".
May 14, 2019 4:05 am
Solomon follows the passage toward the noise, the direction which the water is flowing
May 14, 2019 7:02 am
Your decision is ultimately made for you when you make out more of the insect like creatures appearing in the corridor to your right. They are still some distance away, but are heading your in your direction, the chittering sounds feel like they're in the back of your head.. Quickly you head to the left, in search of the sounds.
May 20, 2019 10:48 pm
Following the corridor quickly, a passage veers off to the right, where the noise is coming from. Heading down it you meet a hexagonal chamber with a bizarre sight. An old man with some kind of gun, is shooting a cone of frost enveloping one of the creatures along with a larger version suspended from pipes and wires. Two men with hand weapons stand to the side, covered in some kind of slime and another young man in an FOC soldier uniform, his gun aimed into the cone of frost. They seem to have the situation under control but you can’t help but remember a swarm of the things is not far behind.

You may now join the main thread...
May 20, 2019 10:53 pm
OOC:
Before you do, let’s have some sanity rolls.
May 21, 2019 2:14 pm
OOC:
Sanity Check

Rolls

Sanity 46 - (1d100)

(45) = 45

May 21, 2019 6:34 pm
OOC:
Sanity check

Rolls

Sanity (59) - (1d100)

(98) = 98

May 22, 2019 8:07 am
Solomon sanity loss

Rolls

San loss - (1d6)

(1) = 1

You do not have permission to post in this thread.