Chapter 1: Departure (Day 2)

load previous
Apr 4, 2019 7:23 am
Viani moves in front of Verrian and Ember. If anything comes to attack them, it'll have to go through her.
Which, she realizes, does not sound very good for her
OOC:
Since Verrian and Viani have the same initiative, I'll reroll to decide who of us goes first
Last edited April 4, 2019 7:38 am

Rolls

Initiative - (1D20+2)

(4) + 2 = 6

Initiative vs Verrian - (1D20+2)

(3) + 2 = 5

Apr 4, 2019 1:31 pm
Krav, with scimitar and shield in hand, moves up adjacent to Yelnar if there's room in the alley.

"Maybe you and I should investigate...everyone is ready for a fight, but not everything that stirs within rot and decay is our enemy," he says quietly.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+1)

(8) + 1 = 9

Apr 4, 2019 1:48 pm
Ember reaches out her hand, partially. Hey, Viani, if you’re playing meat-shield, can I....

She doesn’t care for magic. What makes you think she’ll want a tiny little cantrip?

It’ll help though. Maybe.

Hmpf. Better her than you, eh? Got for it.

That’s not what I meant...

(sigh)....Can I help you?
OOC:
Edit: fitting that this is where I get a decent roll XD
Last edited April 4, 2019 1:48 pm

Rolls

Initiative +2 - (1d20+2)

(13) + 2 = 15

Apr 4, 2019 1:55 pm
You can see that Viani is visibly worried. Her hands gripping the ranseur are shaking very lightly. She turns back to you and gives you a nervous smile. "That's not necessary! There's probably no danger here at all. Just make sure if you choose to let loose some fire to keep it away from my face!"
As soon as Viani finishes saying that, her eyes fall onto Ember's burn scar and she rapidly turns away from the girl again. I couldn't have said anything ruder, could I?, she asks herself silently. Without turning back to Ember, she mumbles: "I'm sorry. I didn't mean..."
Last edited April 4, 2019 1:55 pm
Apr 4, 2019 2:35 pm

The stench assaults your noses even more severely and soon, the cause is clear: from each alleyway, a shambling, rotting corpse emerges. Water drips from its form, leaving a trail on the ground as it shuffles from the alley. Both wear the remains of clothing common to sailors and lake boatmen, and carry huge axes that should be too heavy for them. Somehow, they manage to hold them at the ready, turning to face your groups with a malevolent glow in their eyes.

There are only two that you can see right now, but the sounds of other... beings... continue from the alleyways behind them. There may be more coming.
[ +- ] Braiiiiiiins
OOC:
Initiative order:
Ember
Yelnar
Krav
Elora
Verrian and Viani, don't care which goes first
Bad guys
Ephwrath
Other good guys (the other group)

After this round, it will be PCs go in any order, bad guys go.
Apr 4, 2019 2:42 pm
Viani lets out a scared whimper as the creature emerges from the alley. She looks around at her companions to determine how they would react if she were to propose to run away
Last edited April 4, 2019 3:02 pm
Apr 4, 2019 3:12 pm
Seeing the state of Viani's nerve, Verrian says to her softly, "Steady, now. We're just getting started." She raises her voice to say to the others, "Keep a path to retreat open. There may be more of them than we can handle without more information."
Apr 4, 2019 3:19 pm
Elora also takes notice of Viana's clear apprehension, partially because she thought she was the only one who would be afraid. Briefly she grasps her hand with eyes fixed on the enemy. "Agreed, we need to protect the second group as well."
Apr 4, 2019 5:28 pm
Viani’s comment throws Ember off, so she grins, possibly with too many teeth. She can’t blame Viani, given her burns. But the creatures make her skin crawl, make the tiny scars on her palms itch. Make her feel sick.

I’m just getting plastered today, huh.

So prove her wrong. Take the moment back.

It didn’t rightly matter which "her". Ember, admittedly without thinking of the implications for herself, aims her outstretched hands at the fishy men and shouts something that sounds like hot oil hitting water. Tiny flaming rocks pelt the creatures.
OOC:
She casts Meteor Storm, a spell-like ability from her bloodline. 5ft square, 30 foot high column. Reflex DC 15. I’ll add damage if necessary

Rolls

Storm damage, if applicable. - (1d4+1)

(2) + 1 = 3

Apr 4, 2019 9:56 pm
When he sees the creatures, Yelnar says to Krav "Care to bet on that? We'll hold them here."

Yelnar once again readies his Bardiche, positioning himself so that the alleyway can be made into a chokepoint.
OOC:
Yelnar will use Power Attack on these attacks when he can- assuming the creatures are easy to hit.

Damage from the Brace attack is doubled.

He'll also use all of his Attacks of Opportunity at the first chance.

First one is likely to be if the Brace attacked creature survives and finishes its charge. Remainder will likely be on charges also, when they move from the reach range square to adjacent.
Last edited April 4, 2019 10:00 pm

Rolls

Roll to hit for Brace attack - (1d20+4)

(16) + 4 = 20

Damage for Brace Attack if it hits - (1d10+9)

(4) + 9 = 13

Roll to hit for first Attack of Opportunity - (1d20+4)

(9) + 4 = 13

Damage if first AoO hits - (1d10+6)

(10) + 6 = 16

Roll to hit for second Attack of Opportunity - (1d20+4)

(9) + 4 = 13

Damage if 2nd AoO hits - (1d10+6)

(2) + 6 = 8

Roll to hit for third Attack of Opportunity - (1d20+4)

(6) + 4 = 10

Damage if 3rd AoO hits - (1d10+6)

(5) + 6 = 11

Apr 5, 2019 1:57 pm
A column of tiny meteors rains down from the sky and strike the squelching creature, but the fire fizzles against the wet skin and clothing and apparently does no significant damage!

As it continues forward, Yelnar is ready for it, and his first readied attack strikes home. It wasn’t charging — it moves too slowly for that — but the bardiche slashes into it and staggers its forward progress for a moment.
OOC:
Krav is up!
Apr 5, 2019 5:13 pm
Krav evaluates the situation only for a moment. He yells, "What is this abomination?!" lunges forward slicing at it with his scimitar.
OOC:
I'm rolling Knowledge: Nature to identify the creature, although I doubt it applies.

Rolls

Knowledge: Nature - (1d20+3)

(18) + 3 = 21

Power Attack with Scimitar (slashing, 18-20 crits) - (1d20+2)

(5) + 2 = 7

Scimitar Damage (with Power Attack) - (1d6+5)

(6) + 5 = 11

Apr 7, 2019 2:29 am
Krav’s scimitar whistles through the air, failing to make contact. The attacker turns to fix Krav with an emotionless gaze.
OOC:
Elora is up — let me know if you need any additional guidance!
Apr 7, 2019 4:28 am
Elora runs a finger up her rapier while swiftly moving towards the second undead, causing the blade to dimly shimmer with a purple haze. Approaching the monstrosity she tries to stab it and gauge its reaction so as to better understand how to fight it.
OOC:
Okay, I'll let you know if I have any questions. I wasn't too sure if you wanted to respond to everyone's individual turn, but halfway through the day I thought "no, thats silly"

Enhancing my rapier to +1 with swift action.

Using power attack. Ahh damn.
Last edited April 7, 2019 4:30 am

Rolls

Power Attack - (1d20+3, 1d6+3)

1d20+3 : (3) + 3 = 6

1d6+3 : (3) + 3 = 6

Religion - (1d20+3)

(10) + 3 = 13

Apr 7, 2019 4:42 am
OOC:
Yeah, I generally don’t need to respond to everyone’s attack. No worries!
Elora’s slashing attack goes wide, missing the creature completely.
OOC:
Verrian or Viani, take it away!
Apr 7, 2019 5:07 am
Having trained her crossbow on the undead monster throughout, Verrian lets fly a bolt.

Rolls

Crossbow shot - (1d20+2)

(10) + 2 = 12

Apr 7, 2019 6:40 am
Viani will stay in front of Verrian and Ember to guard them (and hoping she won't have to get to close to one of these monsters).
She prepares a power attack with her Ranseur for if one of them comes into her range.

Rolls

Attack roll, damage, power attack - (1D20+2, 2D4+6)

1D20+2 : (3) + 2 = 5

2D4+6 : (12) + 6 = 9

Apr 7, 2019 3:47 pm
The undead advance, though slowly. One raises his greataxe and hacks at Yelnar, but he is able to step aside and the axe glances off his armor for no apparent damage. The second, on the other side of the street, levels a blow at the elf Epau, and it strikes home, driving into him. Epau cries out and falls to the stones, bleeding heavily from a wound in his side.
OOC:
Ephwrath is up! The draugr fighting Yelnar and others is hurt (heal check would tell you how badly, if you wish) and the other that took down Epau is currently engaging Kramat from the other group and is uninsured.
Apr 7, 2019 4:22 pm
Ephwrath's eyes dart back and forth, studying both the draugr attacking Yelnar and the elf fighter that just fell. He makes eye contact with Yelnar, who looks relieved by the creature’s failed attack, "It's hurt. You can finish him."

Ephwrath turns and runs to Epau, making sure to stay out of the other draugr's reach. He places one hand on the elf, channeling positive energy into his body and braces for an attack from the second draugr.
OOC:
Is a heal check considered a swift action or standard action? You can disregard if it's the latter.
Last edited April 7, 2019 4:31 pm

Rolls

Cure Light Wounds - (1d8+1)

(6) + 1 = 7

Heal Check on draugr attacking Yelnar - (1d20+8)

(12) + 8 = 20

Apr 7, 2019 6:32 pm
Krav, upset with himself for swinging so wildly, regathers himself and strikes out at the creature again!

Rolls

Power Attack with Scimitar (slashing, 18-20 crits) - (1d20+2, 1d6+5)

1d20+2 : (9) + 2 = 11

1d6+5 : (3) + 5 = 8

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.