[D&D 4e] Beta Testers: Looking for "beta testers"

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Apr 4, 2019 7:00 am
OOC:
WIP!
While most things are still under construction, until the OOC is struckthrough, please keep all posts to inquiries; I'm trying to get everything built up enough to have a functioning skeleton.
"LOOKING FOR BETA TESTERS!
Attention all gamers! Game studio Tyberion is looking for closed beta testers for their new and upcoming game 'Dragonkeep', coming out later this year. Accepted applicants will get premium access to some future content when the game is released, if they decide to purchase the whole game!
Come and explore what is available in the lands of Xenoria!

Closed beta testing will start xx/xx/19
"

This is the ad that's been going around in popular gaming magazines and websites. It seems that Tyberion is looking for roughly 1000 players, worldwide, to beta test a new game of theirs. Typically, they make a pretty good RPG, so this might be a pretty great thing to come from them; at least they're testing their stuff.
So here's the deal: I'm looking for 2-3 players to play in my game. Again, the system will be 4e, to simulate the MMO concept(because, there's Neverwinter, right?). This thread will be used to gather any odd interest, inquiries, and, as mentioned in the game page's description, where players will submit their applications and be accepted when the game is ready to start.

And one thing to note, this will be attempting to emulate an MMO experience(as noted above), so there will be some dialogue options in certain exchanges and some limits to some skills based on the situation; additional things to come.

What's up with the applications?
Players are going to make 2 things: the character and the 'player.'

The 'player' will be whom you are outside of the game, while the character will the one in-game. The player can be simply labeled by your handle here on GP, if you wish. It will be assumed that all of the players will know each other either "IRL" or from another game to make things easy.

For now, characters will be limited to options from PHB 1, as the other items are "still being coded and made," and not everything is ever available in a beta, now is it?
-> Characters get a free level boost up to level 4(may change) to be able to attempt to have amiable access to good loot and survivability in quests.
-> Point buy will be used, but in a different way. The stats will start off in the same way(5 10's and 1 8), however, instead of a messy 22-point system that requires a special chart to know when point costs go up, you will generate the scores using a 15-point buy, where each point raised goes by a 1:1 ratio. For example, going from 10 to 15 would simply be 5 points, and 8 to 15 would just be 7.
-> Equipment will be discussed more when the game starts via a dialogue option

[Placeholder for future items]
Last edited May 12, 2019 11:28 pm
Apr 4, 2019 8:49 pm
You know I'm in :)

Planning to play a paladin, probably human
Apr 4, 2019 9:12 pm
Sounds interesting and different ! I'd like to try that !
I would probably try ... an elven or human rogue or ranger !
OOC:
looking at his old players handbook...
Last edited April 4, 2019 10:44 pm
Apr 4, 2019 9:19 pm
I'll play if you have room. If there's a list of official classes and races in the MMO I'll wait to design something, otherwise, I'll come up with something once I know if I'm in.
Last edited April 4, 2019 9:21 pm
Apr 4, 2019 10:25 pm
Aye aye, Falconloft; it'll just be the base stuff from player's handbook 1 for the "beta."

Naat and DP: sounds good!
Cave: let me know what you might have in mind.
Apr 4, 2019 10:47 pm
Ok so would it be ok if...
My character is a human ranger (probably with rogue multi class feat) named Wade Wilson
And my "player" is named Ryan Reynolds...
Apr 4, 2019 11:35 pm
With choices like that i'd either go fighter (weapons master) or Wizard(battle mage) As for a race, i'm open... probably elven for wizard or dwarf for fighter.
Apr 5, 2019 12:26 am
Already made 90% of my character lol
Apr 7, 2019 11:25 pm
Glad to hear it!

Now just remember, this is a "beta." When the game actually "releases," there will be more options available.

Additionally, I've also been looking at house rules to use. If anyone has anything particular in mind, just shoot it my way.
Apr 8, 2019 5:15 pm
Idk i've only played 4e like twice :D aside Neverwinter which isnt the same :P
Apr 9, 2019 9:54 pm
Then we're very much on par. Aside from listening to D&R and Critical Hit.
Apr 14, 2019 11:36 pm
Could run an elf wizard anytime
Apr 16, 2019 6:10 pm
By the by, the game will likely not start until some time in early May when I'm out of school and am not stressing about finishing assignments along with work.
May 6, 2019 6:01 am
I'm restarting my work for the game. I'm currently making a map or two for the world. I have a few quests in the works as well. Once I have a few towns set up and all that, we'll be all set!
May 6, 2019 8:11 am
Here's what I have so far on the maps:
[ +- ] Bydonia
[ +- ] Xenoria
And seeing as how I'm free tomorrow/today, I'll see about getting more town stuff done, and maybe even "lore," if anyone wants some fluff before the game.
May 6, 2019 7:49 pm
Loving the map so far! I'm up for some world-building if you want some help :)
May 7, 2019 6:22 pm
Do you still have room in this game?
May 7, 2019 7:14 pm
If there isn't and LegionChimera is ok with it, I can give you my place. I'm already in 7+ games so I'm more than willing to share.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.