General OoC discussion

load previous
Jul 31, 2024 7:27 pm
I’m used to far less regular posting paces here on GP, so I’m not especially perturbed by the occasional slow down. And during the summer months I kind of expect things to slow down as people take vacations and such.

As far as I’m concerned, you have my blessing to roll and/or post for Myrtha whenever my absence or tardiness might endanger the pace you’ve set for the game. Shouldn’t happen often, and if it did, it would force me to rethink my presence in the game; in any case, I’m perfectly fine with your proposal.
Last edited July 31, 2024 7:28 pm
Jul 31, 2024 8:02 pm
I'm fine with the DM rolling for my character as needed.
Jul 31, 2024 8:37 pm
I am also fine with you rolling for me if need be. Gene hasn't posted on any game in awhile. Hope everything is alright.
Aug 1, 2024 9:47 am
What was that about never splitting the party? 🥳
Aug 2, 2024 7:24 pm
This situation - getting drugged in the Inn - is one of the first really dangerous parts of the adventure. I apologize to those of you whose characters have been knocked out; I expect that the encounter will be resolved (one way or another) pretty soon, so there shouldn't be too much more downtime. Separating the party members may actually have been a blessing in this situation, as the people in the Inn don't know where half the party is on their own. Myrtha's is a particularly interesting situation, as she is all alone in a distant location...
Aug 2, 2024 7:51 pm
I’m perfectly fine for her to be sleeping for the next ten hours in a ditch, or on the altar to the Unnamed One… just let me know when I need to roll up a new character. I was totally blindsided by this development and am deeply intrigued to see what happens next. I’m happy to take a back seat and watch how the others get out of this situation!
Last edited August 2, 2024 7:51 pm
Aug 2, 2024 9:36 pm
Sorry, I forgot to apply the -2 penalty to my initiative roll. Aanbo will go at initiative 20.
Aug 2, 2024 9:47 pm
Not worried about the split or getting KOd. These things happen.
Aug 2, 2024 10:13 pm
CancerMan says:
Sorry, I forgot to apply the -2 penalty to my initiative roll. Aanbo will go at initiative 20.
Crap me too
Aug 5, 2024 4:42 am
A quick note just to let you know I’ll be travelling from August 6th through 13th, and will have little time for gaming. I’ll try to check in and post, but if I’m holding things back, please NPC my character.
Aug 5, 2024 3:08 pm
Thanks for letting us know. I hope you have a great trip!
Aug 7, 2024 4:17 pm
At least Chase doesn’t have to carry Myrtha’s pack, or her shield. They remained at the inn. When she wakes up she’ll want to recover her affairs, in particular her smith’s tools. There’ll be another reckoning with Bertram soon enough.
Aug 7, 2024 7:05 pm
I have been offline for a week or so but back now. :) Hope to get caught up soon.
Aug 8, 2024 12:06 am
Welcome back! Reptile's rage helped out quite a bit in the recent fracas.
Aug 13, 2024 12:29 pm
I realized it isn't on my list, but... Theran has to have seen a spider, right? Not a giant spider or anything, but a normal run of the mill house spider?
Aug 13, 2024 4:43 pm
Hope you'll forgive me, MaJunior. I'm not trying to be willfully obtuse; I just don't remember Theran shapeshifting, so I'm playing Aanbo like he hasn't seen it. Or if he has, he's forgotten in the excitement.
Aug 13, 2024 4:59 pm
No worries -- he hasn't seen it.
Aug 14, 2024 4:30 am
MaJunior says:
I realized it isn't on my list, but... Theran has to have seen a spider, right? Not a giant spider or anything, but a normal run of the mill house spider?
OOC:
Sure, absolutely. All kinds of insects, too (though I guess, mechanically, he can't beast shape into a flying insect yet).
Aug 14, 2024 5:50 am
Awesome, thank you.
That's the problem with the animal lists for Druids... no matter how thorough you try to be, the breadth of the animal kingdom will always have more.
Aug 23, 2024 4:35 am
MaJunior says:
That's crazy. Wildshape sucks.
I'm sorry you feel that way; I thought you'd had a lot of success as a spider, but I'm open to hearing how you'd like it to play differently.

Here's what I've been trying to convey:
- the spider is tiny, and moves slower than Theran in his natural form
- the spider climbs on walls and ceiling to avoid being stepped on
- I've had the spider automatically succeed on Stealth checks
- the spider can move through closed doors, regardless of whether they're locked, by squeezing through gaps
- spiders don't see very far; they primarily use their vision to ambush prey or escape predators if they come within a few body lengths. So it takes time to examine and identify everything in a large space. My take is that they excel at infiltration, eavesdropping, and ambush, but are not as ideal for thorough searching (because they're so small and have non-flying-bug vision).
- Theran has discovered the precise layout of two previously-unknown rooms and found a few details of interest: Bertram's location, Bertram's condition, a locked chest in Bertram's room, and a stack of crates behind a locked door, as well as confirming his way out of the Inn
- I narrated the results of the search for the key based on the roll; you can continue searching and then revert back to Theran's original form to interact with the objects once you find they key (though you'd have to roll a low DC Stealth check to avoid waking Bertram), or you can leave as a spider and report back to Reptile what you've found

Mea culpa; I should've asked you whether you wanted to perform a "quick scan" of a space or perform a detailed inspection of everything in the room. I'm sorry.

Do you want to say that you did a quick scan of one/both of the rooms, to get time back to search further? A quick scan would take half the time, say, so you'd get back 10 minutes per room, but Theran wouldn't know as much detail about the contents of the room(s). Does that seem fair? Let me know what you think would be.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.